AoC

If you have played - RUNE & AoC - can you compare the combat for me?
- my kids middle name is Conan (from the novels)
- he is an ex-WoW player & is now playing AoC!
- he has never played RUNE (he is 20 & I am 44)
- he can only say it is better than WoW (which I think sux).

I really don't like "Role Playing" games - they are just too slow!
- I tried Oblivion (on & off) for 8+ hours & the action & combat was too passive "clicky".

RUNE was the best KB & mouse "sword" game I ever played!
If you aim left & up - you struck left & high - or left & down + strafe = different attack.
You could use a sword, shield, mace, ax, etc. in a SPECIFIC direction & STRIKE there!
That was some very FUN - face to face - in your face - fighting!

I am wondering if AoC will appeal to me?

It will not.

I'm not really sure what's going on with the performance. Some people have high end systems and get crap fps while others like my friend with an 8600gt is able to run it a little higher than medium at 1280x1024 w/only shadows disabled. She does have a Q6600 though. My pc has an e6750/9600GT and I can easily run it on high also w/shadows disabled, the only hitching I really experience is when an area first loads and I look around. Once I've looked around it runs smooth as butter. I think a lot of it may have to do with drivers and system Ram. We both have 3 GB+.

If you would read funcoms tech support forum you would see there is a fix for people with high end nvidia video cards experiencing slowdowns and no spell or particle effects and generally crappy peformance.
Uninstall the video card, uninstall the video card drivers, run driver sweeper in safe mode, reboot and install either the 175.16 whql or 175.70 beta drivers. Fixed the game for me. Can now see all particle effects, fire and spells and game performance went through the roof.

Do we have an [H] guild on Deathwhisper yet? If so, tell me who to contact ingame.

In all fairness about the Healers taking on 5 mobs, when my Herald is polymorphed i can Hellstep into about 6 or 7 mobs my level and kill them all with 2 combos. Our polymorphed state is out of control, too bad it only last like 25 seconds :(

In all fairness about the Healers taking on 5 mobs, when my Herald is polymorphed i can Hellstep into about 6 or 7 mobs my level and kill them all with 2 combos. Our polymorphed state is out of control, too bad it only last like 25 seconds :(

I really can not kill more than 3 mobs at a time as a Guardian... :rolleyes: Hopefully that changes as I get more Feats to play with, I am only level 21 right now.

which class is the priest class. I play a priest in WoW and I love it :) I went ahead and got the game because of all the hype and its installing now and OMG you where right on the money it takes up a LOT of space.

I'll be in on the [H] guild on Deathwhisper. Name is Bravoyankee and I am a lvl 12 Conquerer right now. Will probably level a bit more tonight. This game is pretty buggy right now. In the Tortage Underhalls I actually fell through the floor and ended up floating in free space... haha.

I am looking for a [H] guild on the same server...

Just made a [H]ard Corps on Deathwisper for anyone interested. Talk to me in game. Name is Quetzalcoatl, or PM me. May not get around to inviting until tomorrow morning as I'm about to head out for work.

I'm still trying to see which server I want to play on for good. PvP is fun, but I hate getting ganked over and over. PvE might be for pussy's, but it's so much nicer not getting ganked endlessly.

I just rolled a new HoX named Tehzion on Deathwhisper. Whoever can invite me to guild please do.

Just made a [H]ard Corps on Deathwisper for anyone interested. Talk to me in game. Name is Quetzalcoatl, or PM me. May not get around to inviting until tomorrow morning as I'm about to head out for work.

hopefully we can get the majority of AOC players here on one server. I'll shoot you a PM when I see you online.

I'm still trying to see which server I want to play on for good. PvP is fun, but I hate getting ganked over and over. PvE might be for pussy's, but it's so much nicer not getting ganked endlessly.

I am on the same boat. Past 20 it gets even worse sometimes. You have high level players camping lowe level zones and taking everybody out, they even group sometimes. I got killed 5 times today just taking to the NPC in order to get quests/rewards.. :(. I have a feeling that I may re-roll on PVE server.

The main problem with PVE servers is what happens once you hit Level 80 and just want to run around and have some fun. On a PVP server, you can just go out into the open and take on anyone you want, on PVE, you just scratch your butt and wish you had something to do :(

I made the PVE mistake first time I levelled a toon in WoW. Yep, doing those quests was easy, but when someone was stealing my mobs and shit, I could not do a single thing about it. Then when I was higher level and wanted to just kill people, I couldn't.

The main problem with PVE servers is what happens once you hit Level 80 and just want to run around and have some fun. On a PVP server, you can just go out into the open and take on anyone you want, on PVE, you just scratch your butt and wish you had something to do :(

I made the PVE mistake first time I levelled a toon in WoW. Yep, doing those quests was easy, but when someone was stealing my mobs and shit, I could not do a single thing about it. Then when I was higher level and wanted to just kill people, I couldn't.

It's true, but PVP in WOW was a bit differnet. You had alliance and horde, it wasn't free for all. I am on medium populated server and I see people everywhere, EVERYWHERE!!!! It will only get worse, with 50 people doing same quest, do you honestly think that it will be possible to do anything with FFA PVP?

In WoW Horde had to get to you, same with alliance. Here, anybody 20 levels higher can just map to the area you are at and kill you.

Just got done my hardware upgrade. Went from a 4200X2 , older DFI board running 2GB of DDR ram. New specs in sig and i think i'll see some good improvements. Went with vista ultimate 64bit too.

Patching now, i cant wait!!

I'm mad i didnt get on the server with you guys but i had a lot of friends roll on Doomsayer so thats where i am. If anyone else is there, let me know.

This is exactly how I feel. I rolled PVE in most every MMO I've played (back to the UO days) and though I participated in mutual PVP, there's nothing quite like having world PVP to add an element to the game. Just like someone said before, there's always tension in the air when you roll by people in this game. You never quite know what to expect. You'll never be able to get that in a PVE server, and I would go so far to say not even in a Racial/Realm PVP setting like wow. Just my opinion.

Just got done my hardware upgrade. Went from a 4200X2 , older DFI board running 2GB of DDR ram. New specs in sig and i think i'll see some good improvements. Went with vista ultimate 64bit too.

Patching now, i cant wait!!

I'm mad i didnt get on the server with you guys but i had a lot of friends roll on Doomsayer so thats where i am. If anyone else is there, let me know.

I am. Rohust is my main right now. What level are ya?

in Guild wars you could be a priest and a warrior i.e. have two main class for your character. is this true in aoc? is the limit just two or more?

in Guild wars you could be a priest and a warrior i.e. have two main class for your character. is this true in aoc? is the limit just two or more?

No, but there are classes that are like that. Hell, the priest classes are uber good.

ah OK. so there are class's that do both i.e. be a healer as well has a Elementalist?

The best way to explain it is that all of the classes are built to fight, including the priests. While the three priests are the only ones that can heal a group reliably, they're also expected to fight as well (as opposed to the EQ Cleric for instance.)

If you're looking for a true caster, Demonologist and Necromancer are about all you can pick from.

I should be on between 4-8pm EST tonight and will try to invite as many people as I can then to the guild. So far on the list I have Bravoyankee, Tehzion and Valentino.. Anyone else rolling on Deathwisper that needs an invite?

Also for reference, my ingame name is Quetzalcoatl. You can send a friend request even if the person isn't logged on, so I'll grab them all if I can't catch you tonight.

There are alliance type servers, they are called culture servers where same race players are teamed up. Seems like everyone is scared to roll on those though because Funcom stated that the rules on that server are subject to change because it was implemented at the end.

There are alliance type servers, they are called culture servers where same race players are teamed up. Seems like everyone is scared to roll on those though because Funcom stated that the rules on that server are subject to change because it was implemented at the end.

I have a guy on one right now after have played on a pvp server and so far i dont see a difference. Not really any less ganking going on from my experience.

On another note I have a question about items. Is there a difference between a level 30 frayed glove and a level 10 frayed glove? The bonuses are the same but wonder if there is a hidden stat to items?

I don't have access to the official forums yet to look around. Seems to be taking days and not 30mins to get in.

I rolled a ToS I got her up to lvl 8 yesterday. DAMN this game takes up a LOT of space but I haven't seen any real lag issues and it does look great :) The ToS is pritty cool but I'm not sure I like the game yet the combat doesn't work well with me because I don't like to use the keyboard much (other then moving). The 1,2,3 to fight is kinda anoying to me. It's a great game to play when your inbetween raids in WoW LOL. It is buggy the targeting system is a little strange and it won't let you click on someone unless your in range of them?? A lot of the times I am trying to target someone and have to get so close that they agro me and kick the snot out of me LOL.

ye am looking at joining the guild iv been playing as a assassin right now and wat iv been reading there not that great of a class and i was thinking of switching to like a mage or something wat should i do lol

ye am looking at joining the guild iv been playing as a assassin right now and wat iv been reading there not that great of a class and i was thinking of switching to like a mage or something wat should i do lol

It is an MMO, so what is good now could suck in 3 months (and vice versa). Stick with what you find fun and let Funcom work out the kinks. Should not matter what other people say is superior, since everything will change.

o if u could send me a invite to join the guild please am playing as andrewnarit on deathwisper server

what kind of server is the Deathwisper server?? I don't think I'm ready for a PVP server yet hehe

I've been playing on Derketo (PvE) and so far it is a real mature, very nice server. No nasty asshats in the multiplayer areas trying to spawn hog. No idiots shouting out stupidity in OOC Channel. Generally not a bad server, so far as I can tell.

It's also always pretty medium on population levels, so the server isn't getting overloaded.

I've been playing on Derketo (PvE) and so far it is a real mature, very nice server. No nasty asshats in the multiplayer areas trying to spawn hog. No idiots shouting out stupidity in OOC Channel. Generally not a bad server, so far as I can tell.

It's also always pretty medium on population levels, so the server isn't getting overloaded.

I would roll there, but I am afraid that I will regret rolling on PVE server once I reach high levels.

what kind of server is the Deathwisper server?? I don't think I'm ready for a PVP server yet hehe

PvP server is really not that bad. I've been passed by so many higher levels while grinding. Most people just wanna grind and if you do get griefed its not hard to find a higher level to help with the 10+ lvl griefer. I have a Pve and pvp character and so far PvE has been beyond dull and boring..nobody talks in OOC, nobody wants to group (retarded), they all seem to be alot more antisocial in the loner type mode. Just my 2 cents.

PvP server is really not that bad. I've been passed by so many higher levels while grinding. Most people just wanna grind and if you do get griefed its not hard to find a higher level to help with the 10+ lvl griefer. I have a Pve and pvp character and so far PvE has been beyond dull and boring..nobody talks in OOC, nobody wants to group (retarded), they all seem to be alot more antisocial in the loner type mode. Just my 2 cents.

really depends on the server. im on the pve wiccana server. very friendly players on the server, very mature, and always willing to group.

I should be on between 4-8pm EST tonight and will try to invite as many people as I can then to the guild. So far on the list I have Bravoyankee, Tehzion and Valentino.. Anyone else rolling on Deathwisper that needs an invite?

Also for reference, my ingame name is Quetzalcoatl. You can send a friend request even if the person isn't logged on, so I'll grab them all if I can't catch you tonight.

I'll drop from my guild and join up with you guys. Name is Selket... but will likely be trying a few other classes out starting tonight.

Back