Anyone get their Steam Deck ordered?

First impressions?
I played around with it for about an hour last night. First initial impression is how light it is weight-wise. I first thought they forgot to put a battery in it.

True to my words, I played Plants vs. Zombies first. Interestingly, I had played this game on PC at release. It is all touchscreen on the Deck. Works friggin beautifully. I am blow away by that, but again, I don't play any touchscreen games, so maybe those are all this good. Was going to get some racing in on it tonight with Dirt Rally.

Edit:

z.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the One Xplayer 1s 1195 instead. The screen is a little bigger and just right for my eyes.

Spent a bit playing Mad Max on the Deck this evening, seems like it was made for it. Smooth part play, looks great, and will do it again after it charges.

I played around with it for about an hour last night. First initial impression is how light it is weight-wise. I first thought they forgot to put a battery in it.

True to my words, I played Plants vs. Zombies first. Interestingly, I had played this game on PC at release. It is all touchscreen on the Deck. Works friggin beautifully. I am blow away by that, but again, I don't play any touchscreen games, so maybe those are all this good. Was going to get some racing in on it tonight with Dirt Rally.

Edit:

View attachment 453190

I haven't seen Kyle this happy about hardware in a very long time.

4th wave of invites went out this morning. Hopefully more of us are getting them.

Have had mine now for about a week, love it! I think it shines most with casual games. Elden Ring or more immersive games I would much rather play on the desktop.

Also I'm kinda bummed there is no good answer for Game Pass and other Non-Steam platforms yet. Would love to try FH:5 but I don't own it on Steam. Waiting for "boot from SD" bios update to try Windows on it.

Edit:

View attachment 453190
I play that on on Android Lenovo P11. Can't wait to try it on me Steam Deck...still says Q2, day one purchase.

4th wave of invites went out this morning. Hopefully more of us are getting them.

Have had mine now for about a week, love it! I think it shines most with casual games. Elden Ring or more immersive games I would much rather play on the desktop.

Also I'm kinda bummed there is no good answer for Game Pass and other Non-Steam platforms yet. Would love to try FH:5 but I don't own it on Steam. Waiting for "boot from SD" bios update to try Windows oa it.
Not sure if gamepass is 100% supported yet, but it sounds like its getting close:

IGN article:

Steam Deck Now Supports Xbox Game Pass and Cloud Thanks To Help From Microsoft

Ars Technica:

Microsoft Edge’s new Linux beta supports cloud-streamed games on Steam Deck

Phawx tutorial on YT:

Installing Origin YT tutorial:

Installing Rockstar launcher YT tutorial

I am pretty sure Epic, Ubisoft, and GOG are installed in a similar way.

Not sure if gamepass is 100% supported yet, but it sounds like its getting close:

IGN article:

Steam Deck Now Supports Xbox Game Pass and Cloud Thanks To Help From Microsoft

Ars Technica:

Microsoft Edge’s new Linux beta supports cloud-streamed games on Steam Deck

Phawx tutorial on YT:

Installing Origin YT tutorial:

Installing Rockstar launcher YT tutorial

I am pretty sure Epic, Ubisoft, and GOG are installed in a similar way.
They're referring to streaming the games via cloud gaming. Not a terrible thing but I was hoping to play games natively on the deck hardware. I use the Deck mostly on the train, I won't be able to stream while riding. I'll check the other link, thanks!

They're referring to streaming the games via cloud gaming. Not a terrible thing but I was hoping to play games natively on the deck hardware. I use the Deck mostly on the train, I won't be able to stream while riding. I'll check the other link, thanks!
I feel that. I live on a ship without internet from time to time :woot: Hopefully gamepass will work soon! Definitely exciting to see the rate that updates have been releasing and the support from the community as well.

Mine also got shifted to after q3... By the time they get these out the steam deck 2 will probably be taking preorders...

still in Q2.. but they added some months.

Your expected order availability:
Q2 (April-June) 2022

Got my 512GB today. Haven't been able to have an extended play session but I played some Arkham City on it. Pretty impressed at how great it looks and how smooth it runs. Of course the game is a bit older now but it's great on the Deck.

Also impressed at how quiet it is. Quieter than my launch Switch.

I'm still (im)patiently waiting. I got mine ordered in first 30 min, and still Q2. No date shenanigans with mine thankfully. 512gb order though so already know they are fewer on manufacture but I can hope that I get my email 4/4 right?

My order will be available Q2, and Q2 begins tomorrow! I can't wait to order it. I went from having zero interest, to deciding to put an order in 20 minutes after pre-order window opened. I notice some people poopoo it for not being the most powerful device ever and not having stellar battery life. I'm okay with that! Supposedly the battery life scales better for less-intensive games. I'd love to play Noita on this thing, no doubt it should get at least a few hours. I'm having visions of playing Valheim on the Steam deck on the couch while playing LAN with my brother who's on the HTPC. Endless possibilities!

Ordered in December 2021, so ... 😐

When it was announced for preorder, I should have just ordered one and not used that grey matter between my ears and try to talk myself out of it, only to succeed, then order it later because it was pretty much inevitable. I mean a portable PC game playing portable open device supported by the biggest PC game distributor. WTF was I thinking that I wouldn't want that the second I had the money reserved (even if only in the back of my mind). :facepalm:

Made my reservations within the first few minutes on Day 1, and finally got my email on 3/28. Looks like my Decks are arriving tomorrow.

1649031397687.png

Last edited:
Humm on one hand I have a laptop with a rtx 2070 in it which plays everything on ultra at 1080p. The steam deck would be more portable easier to pull out and play more often... Or... I could cancel and get a Ayn odin pro... Smaller android powered handheld.... Sd845 in a switch like device... Humm....

Ordered in December 2021, so ... 😐

When it was announced for preorder, I should have just ordered one and not used that grey matter between my ears and try to talk myself out of it, only to succeed, then order it later because it was pretty much inevitable. I mean a portable PC game playing portable open device supported by the biggest PC game distributor. WTF was I thinking that I wouldn't want that the second I had the money reserved (even if only in the back of my mind). :facepalm:
Especially since you could have put a pre-order in and then just canceled it if you decided against it :).

Makes me a little upset Steam f'd up my credit card when I tried to pre-order one. By the time I finally got through, it was long past the time of reasonable ship time.

Makes me a little upset Steam f'd up my credit card when I tried to pre-order one. By the time I finally got through, it was long past the time of reasonable ship time.

Same thing happened to me. I was there at the moment of pre-purchase registration and just kept trying, dealing with all the failures during congestion etc... and Steam basically "locked me out , too many attempts". While I'm relatively lucky it "only" pushed me back to (original Q1, now Q2) it was frustrating that they didn't anticipate this when it came to registering for hardware and knowing how EVERY tech sale to date had ended up crashing the site, users retrying, bots and the like ; penalizing a user for retrying isn't reasonable.

As of yet no notifications for me; it would be nice if they could start to narrow down the estimation at least for those in the "current" time period so it wouldn't just be "Q2" it would be "Q2 - April" or "Q2 - June" so people have better knowledge of how long they could be waiting. While the Steam Deck is more than just its SoC, I really hope that Valve is working NOW on upgrade/successor hardware as the longer we go into 2022 the older and older "Zen2 CPU cores" and to a lesser extent "RDNA2 GPU cores" will feel. Those who are waiting for "Q3 / Post Q3" deadlines may start to see the usually suspects in knockoffs (Aya Neo etc..) will start offering next gen Intel and AMD hardware (ie Intel 12th / 13th gen + ARC discrete graphics , AMD Zen3+ / Zen4 + RDNA2 / RDNA3 ) once they're officially announced. Ideally it would be great if , along with their promise with iFixit to offer parts for repair, they have some sort of upgrade either in-house or parts sold for the DIY/modder type.

Edit: Someone started comparing reserve times vs those who are confirmed shipping (as best as can be done), to try to estimate batches - https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/u3lygn/order_email_megathread_04142022/i4q017e/ .

Last edited:
Reactions: Axman
like this
I was worried about that. I took the extra step of adding credit to my steam wallet the day before so credit cards stuff wouldn't slow me down or worse time out like it did for so many people. It payed off and I was in the first batch.

Sorry you got screwed. Hopefully you get an invite soon.

Same thing happened to me. I was there at the moment of pre-purchase registration and just kept trying, dealing with all the failures during congestion etc... and Steam basically "locked me out , too many attempts". While I'm relatively lucky it "only" pushed me back to (original Q1, now Q2) it was frustrating that they didn't anticipate this when it came to registering for hardware and knowing how EVERY tech sale to date had ended up crashing the site, users retrying, bots and the like ; penalizing a user for retrying isn't reasonable.

As of yet no notifications for me; it would be nice if they could start to narrow down the estimation at least for those in the "current" time period so it wouldn't just be "Q2" it would be "Q2 - April" or "Q2 - June" so people have better knowledge of how long they could be waiting. While the Steam Deck is more than just its SoC, I really hope that Valve is working NOW on upgrade/successor hardware as the longer we go into 2022 the older and older "Zen2 CPU cores" and to a lesser extent "RDNA2 GPU cores" will feel. Those who are waiting for "Q3 / Post Q3" deadlines may start to see the usually suspects in knockoffs (Aya Neo etc..) will start offering next gen Intel and AMD hardware (ie Intel 12th / 13th gen + ARC discrete graphics , AMD Zen3+ / Zen4 + RDNA2 / RDNA3 ) once they're officially announced. Ideally it would be great if , along with their promise with iFixit to offer parts for repair, they have some sort of upgrade either in-house or parts sold for the DIY/modder type.

Edit: Someone started comparing reserve times vs those who are confirmed shipping (as best as can be done), to try to estimate batches - https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/u3lygn/order_email_megathread_04142022/i4q017e/ .

That's some serious sleuthing! Based on that I must be pretty close then! Anticipation builds!

Back