Anyone else interested in WildStar?

The graphics are just to wowish and subpar IMHO. This is 2013, not 2004. With EQNEXT looking 10 times better I just don't see how this game will stick out of the crowd.

People don't play MMO's for the graphics.

People don't play MMO's for the graphics.
I died in the last game more times than I should have because the game lacked parallax & bump mapping, 4096x4096 super-photorealistic textures, realistic water physics + refraction + reflection shaders, not enough polies, and proper fullborn native support for DirectX 11. :D

*trolling*

Did anyone get a friend key from last weeks test? I'm foaming at the mouth to play. Promise I'll pocket heal that ass all day.

WildStar Stress Test, 4 hours Friday evening, and then 4 hours Saturday mid-day. Participants get a special in-game title for life indicating that you were part of the epic stress test that busted everything.

That's like saying people don't eat food just for the taste. Of course they don't, but being tasty helps make it more enjoyable ;).

This x a million. I actually prefer my MMOs to look good.

I got invited to the Stress Test this Friday! Woot woot. Can't wait!

I'm still waiting and hoping for a "Full" Beta key (ie play anytime servers are up, not just Stress Tests) but I'm lucky enough to get in the Stress Test. If I am given any Stress Test keys to hand out, I'll save at least 1 for the [H] community. Of course, if anyone has a "Full" Friend key they'd consider parting with, please let me know - I'd love to get into the full beta so I can work on UI mods/addons and dive into testing "roleplay" content, in addition to normal duties of beta testing.

LOL You guys misread my post. I'm not in the real beta, I'm in the stress test. I was saying I wish I had a friend in the beta to give me a key.

Oh don't get all indignant because I like Elder Scrolls games. I think Wildstar seems really cool, it's not my fault the graphics are lame. What I can't enjoy other games because I like another game too?

You came to a Wildstar thread and made a post saying ESO looks good. I personally don't care what you play or what you like, I merely said that you are in the wrong thread if you want to talk about ESO, here is the ESO thread: The Elder Scrolls Online.

Really looking forward to this game..Saw this tread and checked my e-mail and sure enough got into the stress test..Can't wait..

Preloaded 17GB earlier today, played it for 30 minutes, left disappointed, will never go back.

There are framerate issues, at 2560x1440 running on a 6970 I was getting ~28 FPS. I routinely get 60 FPS (vsync on) on more graphically demanding games. Conceivably they will be able to fix that in time, maybe, unless their 3D engine sucks.

What really put me off was the Saturday-morning-cartoon-show type look, feel, and sound of the game. The walking/running animations are bobbing up and down, so annoying. The game design is a total color overload which makes it confusing and difficult to figure out what's where and whether it's important. The UI doesn't scale well for higher resolutions and it's clearly made for lower resolutions. Important NPC chat text "bubbles" can easily get lost. Some design choices are just mindboggling, there are a bunch of things on the floor in the starter area that are in the way of the character walking a straight line from A to B. Why the fuck did they put those nubs there ..., no one knows.

Can't really speak much to the game mechanics, once my blood pressure hit 210/130 due to the Cartoon Network style and after being exposed to your average "free online game" retards in chat I left. I can confirm that the ignore function works though.

I simply cannot imagine that this will be anything other than free to download and free to play.

you get 60 fps @ 2560x1440 on a 6970? thats funny, cause on some "graphically" demanding games. i get 60 fps on my 290 overclocked on 1920x1080.

you get 60 fps @ 2560x1440 on a 6970? thats funny, cause on some "graphically" demanding games. i get 60 fps on my 290 overclocked on 1920x1080.

I don't see how that contradicts what I am saying.
There are plenty of games which easily run 60 fps @ 2560x1440 on a 6970 which are far above the demands of running the low poly count Wildstar cartoon. Basically Wildstar gfx are on par with WoW gfx, and you can get 60 fps running WoW on a Ti-89 calculator.

Preloaded 17GB earlier today, played it for 30 minutes, left disappointed, will never go back.

The walking/running animations are bobbing up and down, so annoying. The game design is a total color overload which makes it confusing and difficult to figure out what's where and whether it's important.

Glad i'm not the only one...game gives me a headache after an hour of play. Did you hate the telegraph system? I got sick of that too.. and this system is very bad for pvp...its a total cluster$@#@ of mind numbing, button smashing...bang your head on the keyboard and hope something dies..its one big aoe fight...ZERO tactical strategy or decision making in pvp..to me, thats what pvp should be about...choices

There are framerate issues, at 2560x1440 running on a 6970 I was getting ~28 FPS. I routinely get 60 FPS (vsync on) on more graphically demanding games. Conceivably they will be able to fix that in time, maybe, unless their 3D engine sucks.

What really put me off was the Saturday-morning-cartoon-show type look, feel, and sound of the game. The walking/running animations are bobbing up and down, so annoying. The game design is a total color overload which makes it confusing and difficult to figure out what's where and whether it's important. The UI doesn't scale well for higher resolutions and it's clearly made for lower resolutions. Important NPC chat text "bubbles" can easily get lost. Some design choices are just mindboggling, there are a bunch of things on the floor in the starter area that are in the way of the character walking a straight line from A to B. Why the fuck did they put those nubs there ..., no one knows.

Can't really speak much to the game mechanics, once my blood pressure hit 210/130 due to the Cartoon Network style and after being exposed to your average "free online game" retards in chat I left. I can confirm that the ignore function works though.

I simply cannot imagine that this will be anything other than free to download and free to play.

it's in beta... Also I wouldn't expect any popular modern mmo to get above 60 fps with everything cranked in a place with a lot of characters on a 6970 at that res. It' sounds like you went into it hating it.

it's in beta... Also I wouldn't expect any popular modern mmo to get above 60 fps with everything cranked in a place with a lot of characters on a 6970 at that res. It' sounds like you went into it hating it.

Maybe world of warcraft. I know FFXIV wouldnt be able to do it maxed out, or Rift.

Not sure about Wildstar, I have been waiting for some user comments before trying it out. The cartoon feel won't bother me. Really about gameplay and endgame etc.

You shouldn't really be speaking of anything... considering this is breaking your NDA.

You shouldn't really be speaking of anything... considering this is breaking your NDA.

What are they going to do? Ban me? I don't plan to spend another second in that game even if they would pay me to play it. Also, I don't think I am revealing anything that you can't see on the official Youtube channel anyway, it's just quite different when you are actually in control rather than just watching a video of it.

Like I said in my first post about it, the frame rate is not the issue. I don't have a problem with cartoony stuff in general, I played WoW for years, and I played Toon Town Online for a while, both were good games. Wildstar is just way too cartoony a la poorly drawn Saturday morning cartoons. The UI may work OK for smaller screen resolutions but does not work well for higher resolutions. I didn't try 1920x1080, may be OK for that but my guess is that a bunch of the text is way too small even at that.

I could go on about all kinds of small things I didn't like from the mini-map to the directional area of effect weapon effects. Obviously I only got so far in ~30 minutes but it was far enough for me to not like it even though I went into the test having watched some of the Youtubes and found the game interesting. Some people will like it, others won't, it's not for me and I cannot believe that some of the stuff they have in there (like the bobbing while running) made it all the way through development, focus groups, alpha, beta, and now to this stress test without that a large number of people pointed out how incredibly annoying the movement is.

Friend keys went out again today. If you're feeling generous I'm dying to play. Let me love you!

I've been in the betas for this and ESO for 8+ months now. I won't go into detail out of respect for the nda, but you probably can tell my thoughts by what I post on this forum, and that I am a member of a top end ESO guild.

I've been in the betas for this and ESO for 8+ months now. I won't go into detail out of respect for the nda, but you probably can tell my thoughts by what I post on this forum, and that I am a member of a top end ESO guild.

So jealous :(.

Wondering if anyone is still keeping up with this. I think Im going topick it up when it comes out. If anyone has a buddy key they are looking to get rid of hit me up through PM and maybe we can work something out!

WildStar is by far the most promising (non crowdfunded/indie) in-beta MMO of 2014, and perhaps one of the only ones that appears to come close to WoW (currently, not WoW at launch) in terms of polish and overall features...and then go beyond! Don't get me wrong.. from what I've been told there are still some places it needs work and if they foul up and don't devote energy to expanding certain elements, they may fall short of true greatness, but the thing is that many players with whom I've spoken feel that more so than any other MMO, greatness is in reach! There's a lot to be excited about!

I hope they take all the time they need to ensure a no-compromises experience. In a way, I'm very glad they haven't set a date yet, and hope to god that NCSoft doesn't get its panties in a bunch because of Elder Scrolls Online and rush the damn thing out the door.

In a way, I'm very glad they haven't set a date yet, and hope to god that NCSoft doesn't get its panties in a bunch because of Elder Scrolls Online and rush the damn thing out the door.

I hope so. ESO is looking like garbage

it will be a success....however, you will either love it or hate it

the lovers will loves action combat ala gw2...if you didn't like gw2, you will NOT like wildstar

the telegraph system gets old real quick imho...and its very very bad for pvp...pvp is just a total clusterfuck..you may as well bang your head on the keyboard and hope somethin dies

to me, this is a pve game plain and simple...yes they have the battleground war fortress or whatever the fuck that is, but this IS a pve game..don't kid yourself

and wow is better because I prefer the wow combat system over this..but the atmosphere here is damn good..no question

again, this will be a success ..i see it as a niche game

eso does nothing for me whatsoever...may as well just play skyrim

Back