Anyone else interested in WildStar?

I thought I bump this since we will have an onslaught of new info in the next 6 weeks, including Beta.

How about you bump it when this "onslaught of new info" is actually in the process of being an "onslaught of new info"??

so stoked for this game... looks like the winter beta phasing is starting as they started sending out invites last night

no key for me though yet makes me something something :(

also fyi they had a livestream (2nd one technically) last saturday going over the warrior class and some other general stuff and new UI features http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuXz1jUTKWI

the engineer class is a pet class....i hate pet classes but some peeps like it

the medic class however looks awesome!

thanks for the link

the engineer class is a pet class....i hate pet classes but some peeps like it

the medic class however looks awesome!

thanks for the link

I think its very interesting that the Engineer, while being a pet-class, won't be the MMO standard of the "clothy-caster" pet class (ie Warlock in World of Warcraft). Its great that it will be not only a ranged DPS dealer, but actually act as a capable tank! Even better (or perhaps, just cooler...) is the signature ability to equip oneself with a suit of high tech "Iron Man Armor" which, depending on your stance, can boost your offensive or defensive skills to the limit!

Likewise, the Medic's active, AOE/HOT heal style seems unique as well. They purposefully note that WildStar healing won't be "watching the meters" constantly, so that's a big difference to have a bunch of skillshot and AOE heals that rely on smart positioning and continuous upkeep.

All the classes look great, as do the Paths and especially the "Settler" worldbuilding etc... so I think its safe to say that WildStar is the upcoming MMO I'm most excited for, at the moment.

Interested though not as much due to the subscription fee. I just keep waiting for an invite. No luck yet.

I just received a code, but I'm not sure what to do... Family + miles long backlog make it tough to justify MMOs anymore.

Man what i would do to get a beta key!! If you don't want it Crimson!! I'll take it!

I think its very interesting that the Engineer, while being a pet-class, won't be the MMO standard of the "clothy-caster" pet class (ie Warlock in World of Warcraft). Its great that it will be not only a ranged DPS dealer, but actually act as a capable tank! Even better (or perhaps, just cooler...) is the signature ability to equip oneself with a suit of high tech "Iron Man Armor" which, depending on your stance, can boost your offensive or defensive skills to the limit!

Likewise, the Medic's active, AOE/HOT heal style seems unique as well. They purposefully note that WildStar healing won't be "watching the meters" constantly, so that's a big difference to have a bunch of skillshot and AOE heals that rely on smart positioning and continuous upkeep.

All the classes look great, as do the Paths and especially the "Settler" worldbuilding etc... so I think its safe to say that WildStar is the upcoming MMO I'm most excited for, at the moment.

couldn't agree more, this is one that's actually doing all kinds of things different all the while not totally trying to reinvent everything. Seems like the perfect combo of sticking with what works while putting a very unique spin on it.

got invited for the 3rd time to beta... enough time in it to tell ya I won't be buying it

not because its not fun, but I can't stand action combat...if you didn't like gw2 action combat, you're REALLY gonna hate this...the telegraph system gets old FAST..I feel like my 'weapon' is one big cone that extends out in front of me...immersion is lost completely..and for some reason, after an hour long play session, I get a headache..gw2 did that to me too..not sure why..I played wow for years, ff14 for a month and swtor on and off for 2 years..never happened in those games...ymmv

combat is one massive cluster @#$#...don't even get me started on why this system sucks for pvp..its fine for pve though cuz mobs are stupid

there's humor in this game and the interface is alot cleaner from the prior betas

the atmosphere is fine but the world still 'feels' a tad small and linear to me...its definately got a wowish feel too

bottom line, it will be a success IF you like action combat ..I dont

I'm going to attempt to play in the beta this weekend. I'm not sure how successful I will be because the windows to play are small. My hopes for this game dwindled some today when I watched some of the live streams on twitch from their reveals.

Man those hover boards look so awesome! Someone PM me a friend key and I'll heal you up sooooo good ;).

Man those hover boards look so awesome! Someone PM me a friend key and I'll heal you up sooooo good ;).

You're already breaking TOS on a public board against on multiple things on the game, and you think someone's going to link their account to give you, a complete stranger, a "friend" key? Fascinating.

You're already breaking TOS on a public board against on multiple things on the game, and you think someone's going to link their account to give you, a complete stranger, a "friend" key? Fascinating.

There are whole websites dedicated to buying and selling keys and access. Not like its new or gonna stop anytime soon.

I got to try WS a while back and unless a whole lot has changed, I'm in no rush to try it again unfortunately. Pity cause I had high hopes for it too.

Here's hoping they make decent progress by next year.

How's he breaking TOS asking for a friend key? (if they even have those yet since it's beta).

How's he breaking TOS asking for a friend key? (if they even have those yet since it's beta).

He's talking about a closed beta reward and asking for friend keys that aren't publicly shared by Carbine... both are violations of the TOS for the game ;).

May I burn in hell for violating a TOS/NDA. I guess you could always watch their twitch archived broadcasts like I did.

I signed up for this too. I hope I get invited to beta, as I would like to give this a try. :) My alias is BlueToast

Meh. It's getting harder and harder to get excited over an MMO nowadays.

I think I'll pass....

He's talking about a closed beta reward and asking for friend keys that aren't publicly shared by Carbine... both are violations of the TOS for the game ;).

They showed off the Hoverboards on their PUBLIC twitch channel/youtube, how in the hell is that breaking ANYTHING?

You must not under stand how TOS works, if he was actually in the beta and leaked footage or talked about being in it and the game then yes.

However someone who's not in the beta, never signed any NDA/TOS and is talking about PUBLIC knowledge isn't in any way shape or form "breaking" the tos or anything.

The graphics are just to wowish and subpar IMHO. This is 2013, not 2004. With EQNEXT looking 10 times better I just don't see how this game will stick out of the crowd.

The graphics are just to wowish and subpar IMHO. This is 2013, not 2004. With EQNEXT looking 10 times better I just don't see how this game will stick out of the crowd.

I think as long as graphics are good, even a little dated, that people accept that for an MMO. I for one am pretty shallow and want great graphics with my MMO's, along with great gameplay.

Though I've not yet seen in game, I'm guessing that the WoW-ish graphics are actually one of their better ideas. So many MMOs or games in general look "generic", and WildStar's cartoonish graphics impart a certain aesthetic that some will like, some will dislike, but most will consider to have personality. You can tell from the videos and whatnot that are done in-engine that the models and whatnot are MUCH higher quality than WoW (we'll see what happens with WoW's new models in Warlords of Draenor...).

WoW's success was in part due to their aesthetic and I think WildStar is following suit. Perhaps primary, is that with WildStar's animated aesthetic, you can continue to look good with much lesser processing power than a more realistic setup. One reason WoW became so prominent is that most people, even on lower-end computers could play it. So many competitors, especially say.. Age of Conan or EverQuest 2 etc.. bet the other direction, that attempting realistic graphics was the way to go, but it made the game nigh unplayable for those without higher end video hardware, and looked worse at the attempted realism. WoW and WildStar going for a cartoonish aesthetic also meant that they aged MUCH better - going back to look at Age of Conan for instance, some may consider the representation of players to be "doughy CGI looking", kind of like looking at the hokey attempts at CGI in 90's movies. Finally, WoW and WildStar just have charm going for them with their aesthetic.

WildStar I think is making the right decision with their graphics; they've put a lot of thought into crafting a charming world that, while looking good for those with high end hardware, will be playable for those on older/less powerful systems as well, and will remain unique and accessible even as time passes.

Check your inboxes people!

I'm checking...nothing yet. Sigh.

Oh, and for anyone worrying about the NDA legality of talking about beta invites, friend keys etc... as long as you don't actually discuss the game content itself (or do something like stream it), you're good. Here's a public post on Reddit from a Carbine rep that specifically talks about friend keys, so those asking or those offering shouldn't be in any trouble (I'd advise not to sell them, however!)

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1ryw12/the_first_wave_of_december_beta_invites_just_went/

Those who get into Full Beta and or Stress Test, note the line that says there will be ways to earn friend keys and whatnot, so please keep your eyes open! :D

I don't think their graphics are so much WoW as they are Disney/pixar'ish, especially when it comes to their animations, etc.

Meh. It's getting harder and harder to get excited over an MMO nowadays.

Yeah, it's also harder for companies to make anything that has any mass appeal at all. The "MMO generation" are people who "grew up" with UO, Everquest, DAoC, and to some degree WoW. Those aren't the young people of today. The young people of today are the "Zynga games generation" who has no attention span, doesn't give a shit about complex games, or is in anything for the long run.

The "MMO generation" on the other hand has grown up and doesn't have the same amount of time available that they did in EQ days. In addition the MMO generation has very specific expectations what an MMO ought to be like and those expectations really haven't been meet since 2004 or so.

EQ2 looked more than 10 times better than WoW, and yet WoW ended up being the more successful game. Looks are actually secondary to core gameplay, meaning gameplay mechanics, progression, and player engagement.

There are lots of indie games out there that look like total crap but made a boatload of money because they are entertaining regardless of their looks. I hope that EQN doesn't focus on looks and forgets core gameplay in the process.

Looks fun, I signed up for the Beta, here is hoping for a key!:cool:

Back