Anyone else interested in WildStar?

I really do wish they'd issue more "Full" Beta Friend Keys to those who already have Full accounts. It would be great if each Full Beta account holder would be given 1-3 friend keys, and 10 or so Stress Test key.

Everyone getting into it from the Alienware key, enjoy. I think you will be very, very pleasantly surprised. Oh, and keep in mind that some issues present now, fixes have already been announced. See : http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_ui_20_preview_less_is_more.php

Provided they take the time to do it right and fix some very fixable things, from what I've heard, WildStar could easily be one of the most polished, best MMOs of the post-WoW era thus far. WoW and Guild Wars 2 seem to be 2 of the only MMOs that have been working on polish and player experience as the primary driving force, and if WildStar is added to that very short list I think a lot of people will be very, very happy.

Provided they take the time to do it right and fix some very fixable things, from what I've heard, WildStar could easily be one of the most polished, best MMOs of the post-WoW era thus far. WoW and Guild Wars 2 seem to be 2 of the only MMOs that have been working on polish and player experience as the primary driving force, and if WildStar is added to that very short list I think a lot of people will be very, very happy.

Time will tell.

For me this went from a "must have" when I first saw video of it to a "maybe" after having been playing the beta. It was originally going to be my home when I jumped ship from GW2, and instead I went to FFXIV to pass the time and give WS more time to develop.

It has potential, but playing the game for me just didnt feel as awesome as the videos made it out to be. They've still got some time to refine things and work on it, but for now I'm waiting to see what they do with the time they have left before I buy.

I soooo want to be an explorer.... but I have this sinking feeling WS will end up a pass for me and I'll be testing out EQNext to see if that a better fit.

Missed the giveaway!

Been following the game. Anyone have an extra key?

stoked. will definitely be pre-ordering. enjoyed all of the betas thus far enough that i had to limit my playtime as to not experience too much of the game and burn myself out in advance, which was tough. in comparison, ESO couldn't hold my attention very well (especially at lower levels). i think Wildstar definitely has the gameplay down pat from level 1 onwards.

Depending on what we hear, this might be the only reason to put Windows on my rMBP. *MIGHT*.
Spending too much on games lately though, $40 for RoS, $70 for WoD, and what, another $50-$60 for WS?

Apparently this image was posted somewhere then pulled, though someone saved a copy before that happened...

s5uwir.jpg

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/407350/page/1

I forbid you to pre-order this mediocre game. If you against better judgement pre-order anyway I forbid you to come back here and whine how bad it is after the fact.

Isn't mediocre what we are used to at this point in this genre? It's about the best you get these days.

What are your guys impressions?

I've been in beta since it started last year, so close to a year now.

I'm going to be honest I was super excited about this game for a long time and had been following it for 3 years, but the more I played the less I became.

I mean the combat is fun, and fast, but it gets boring after awhile. I love the setting and stylized graphics but that pretty much all.

I thought WS was going to be something much different than the typical 'WOW' or insert 'clone' here but from what I played it really isn't. It just feels like the same thing with a brand new coat of paint to make it look 'different', but in the end it's the same thing I've been playing for years now. Your typical get to end game and just grind instanced raids or grind instanced BG's, Arena's, or Warplots.

Oh well.

What are your guys impressions?

I've been in beta since it started last year, so close to a year now.

I'm going to be honest I was super excited about this game for a long time and had been following it for 3 years, but the more I played the less I became.

I mean the combat is fun, and fast, but it gets boring after awhile. I love the setting and stylized graphics but that pretty much all.

I thought WS was going to be something much different than the typical 'WOW' or insert 'clone' here but from what I played it really isn't. It just feels like the same thing with a brand new coat of paint to make it look 'different', but in the end it's the same thing I've been playing for years now. Your typical get to end game and just grind instanced raids or grind instanced BG's, Arena's, or Warplots.

Oh well.

It's WoW in space. It'll pull WoW players until WoD and then a lot of them will likely return. That could be a problem in the long run, considering they are both subscription based.

I have really enjoyed my few weekend beta tests. I like GW2 style combat, and I appreciate the sci-fi aspect of the game as it helps in some regard when it comes to questing. Having the comlink and being able to complete and get new quests on the fly without going back to the quest hubs is a GREAT step forward in my opinion. I felt more immersed continually moving forward in my objectives without having to run back to NPCs every 5 minutes.

Last edited:
WildStar is available for pre-order today! Pre-Ordering guarantees you access to the next phase of Beta - a selection of Closed Beta Weekends, one of them starting on the 21st! You can pre-order direct from the website itself for $60 Standard Edition (digital) and $75 Collector/Deluxe digital (there is not going to be any physical Collector's edition. Except a very small run of Steelbook Case editions for EU buyers, but the key inside will be a Deluxe key, same as you'd buy online).

Want to save maximum cash? R
http://www.greenmangaming.com/wildstar/

GMG is selling the NA edition for the same base price as direct from NCSoft, you get all the PreOrder goodies (and CE if you buy that one) and gives out keys instantly. Best of all, there's a 20% off coupon that works!

PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M

Note, if you have one of those personal 25% off coupons, you can save even more, but if you can't find the rarer, one-use only sort of 25% or 30% off GMG coupons that work for you, use the above and you can get the Deluxe Edition for $60 flat!

Enjoy, ladies and gentlemen.

That pre order screen above reminds me of Ratchet and Clank lol!

Looking for a Beta Key if anyone has an extra since I would really like to give this game a shot before I would pre order.

Thanks you.

Last edited:
Goto curse to get your beta keys. I did but can't reg with wildstar for some damn reason.

Yes, curse is giving them away. Spaceman, try again a bit later. They're probably overwhelmed at the moment.

Curse and TenTonHammer are giving away Beta keys. Keep in mind, those who have...

A) Pre Ordered any version and successfully reg'ed your key on the Wildstar account site...
B) Were in the Black Ops (full) Beta and had a character over level 32 by the end of March 16th...

Are automatically in EVERY Closed Weekend Beta from now on. Those who pick up partner keys from Alienware Arena, Curse, TenTonHammer etc... are only guaranteed for that particular weekend, last I checked.

Oh, and one other thing to keep in mind..

Most people in the Weekend Beta will not be able to level above Level 17. Those that haven't played, this is actually a pretty significant amount of content as the leveling rate is lower (or at least it was during the most recent Wildstar Beta). However, those who were in the Black Ops (full) Beta, can level beyond level 17 if they also have access to the new Weekend/PreOrder Closed Beta phases. The only thing I'm not sure about is if it is only characters or accounts that already were past 17 in Black Ops Beta get to stay around, or if those who were in the old Beta but did not have a char past 17 will be able to level beyond. I shall see if I can find this out.

I've been in beta for a while. I preordered today. also if you have a greenmangaming account (its free to create) they are offering 25% off the deluxe edition!!!! go go go!!!

and heres my review I wrote on mmo champ

Hey Guys! Now that NDA has been lifted I have sh!t to say!

First off, I prefer hardcore gaming (sounds cheesy), and I frown upon anything casual really.. ie: GW2.. I have tons of MMO experience, played most, blah blah blah. Number 2 rogue on server Elune Horde before pandaland blah blah..

So I've been in beta JUST for this past weekend. I played my ass off. I got to lvl 21 with a buddy. I played Mordesh Stalker and he played Granok Medic.

Questing: Its fun! yes grindy as hell but fun! Remember those days in vanilla wow when you were proud of your lvl 41 toon? Yep, its like that because it takes FOREVER. challenges are fun but sometimes you get like 3 at a time. I just ignore the other 2 and focus 1. then retry the others i neglected. I've probably done 50+ challenges and only got gold in 5 or so. its not like GW2 where everyone is just handed out gold for showing up..

Adventures: I got to do 2 adventures. the first one you find in the exile's capital the simulator. Its pretty cool! reminds me of that dungeon in wow where you go back in time to Hilsbrad and play as ally.

Dungeons: As soon as we hit lvl 20 we attempted to que for stormtalon dungeon. the LFG was broken for this dungeon so i was told so I resorted to the ol' tried and true spam LF3M in zone chat. We got 3 more people that were lvl 20 and our tank was 27. I invited these strangers into my vent channel to make it more fun and easier. When I entered the dungeon it asked if I wanted to do it normal mode or have the players scale to the dungeon and get special rewards. so I asked the tank since he was 27 what he wanted to do. We agreed to scale. Now for dungeons, this is an amazing part of the game. Imagine WoW's BEST raid content, the fun, the coordination, etc. Now times it by 100. THAT IS WHAT ITS LIKE!!! omg. it was a freaking blast. You dont just show up to tank and spank. You have got to know the fights. The last boss (2nd attempt) was crazy. Infact when the fight started my friend the medic healer got locked out on accident.. so we all stood there and waited to wipe, but my healer friend was like "Bring him to the wall and lets see if I can healz you." the other 2 dps died soon because they thought we were agreeing to wipe and retry. So it was me (dps), the scaled down tank, and my locked out healer. PWN'd the boss. lol Not that is was an easy fight, we are just avid gamers and play together alot. We wrote our story in the survey afterwards ending in "lolololololololololllolol"

Housing: I am also in the alpha for EQ Next Landmark. Cool stuff but thats like MC on crack. Now the housing here is what i want! simple and easy to do. I'm not a fan of money sinks but damn its fun. Pic of my "Mushroom powered house" below. lol Also yes! there is perks for housing! rested xp, farming, being roommates or neighbors, and there are buff for xp gain etc on your land. so you WILL be going there a lot. Its #werth

1374231_10152257891575801_767823330_n.jpg

Since beta is over, Ive been thinking about it alot lol. Remember that magical feeling you got from wow when you first started playing it? IT'S BACK! Finally someone has brought that feeling back!

Yes there are bugs right now but completely expected. Runs a hell of a lot better than EQ Landmark alpha IMO if you want to compare and you've played it.

We also ganked some Dominion outside of the instance portal.. good ol world pvp. reminded me of the Wailing Caverns/ Crossroads days. :D

I know I left out a bunch of stuff so please feel free to ask. I'll tell you whatever you wanta know!

I hate a lot of games and love a lot. So far (with what I've seen) 10/10.

I've been in beta for a while. I preordered today. also if you have a greenmangaming account (its free to create) they are offering 25% off the deluxe edition!!!! go go go!!!

I do not see this. I have a GMG account, and its still 74.99

EDIT: Appears to be a code.

This code worked for me. - PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M

I'd been in the beta since mid-last year myself and Wildstar just didn't strike a chord with me at all. The combat design was well-done enough, but it felt like I was playing a refined bog-standard PvE MMO based solely on getting better gear, but with housing added in (which was really well-done and fun). Liked the classes and ability design, hated the lack of PVP options and how poorly the UI scaled/was customizable/etc. Also hated how poorly the engine ran even on top-of-the-line rigs for the graphical fidelity it was putting out (not the style, but the technical aspects... I understand they are going for a cartoon-stylized design). It just didn't have the features I was looking for, which are large persistent non-instanced PVP zones with territory control, a mostly-horizontal progression path at endgame, lots of PVP options for instanced PVP (literally two battlegrounds....? REALLY?), etc.

It certainly isn't a game that was really chasing after my type of gamer (hardcore PVP but enjoys doing some PVE to help further his strength in PVP, even if it means pve progression raiding). So, it's not really damning of it that it didn't catch on with me, honestly.

Oh, just for the record... there's an ENTIRE UI that we've not seen yet. They haven't brought the launch UI to any external testing out. They've shown pictures of UI 2.0 mockups, so we know its not a "when they get to it" vaporware, but I expect it to be much better (ie different graphics for different resource nodes). There are also other elements ( like the power cores/FABkits/gardening stuff etc.. that should be in the Tradeskill Bag) that aren't finished yet, both mechanical and technical ( ie performance).

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I'm worried they won't make it in for launch or soon after (ie They are going to have a shitstorm on their hands without body sliders. They already shrank the boobs once because people whined. Also, the Esper's weapon has ZERO animations. It just sits stuck to your back, in combat or out! Engineer mech suit isn't up to visual snuff. Warrior Arm Cannon is perpetually displayed and not visually upgraded)) , but there are a lot of improvements on the docket that we know are going to be added throughout the rest of the beta and launch process. I'm eager to see if they do it right!

Its not the game for everyone, but it can be quality if they don't drop the ball.

I played in beta for a little while and the game was just very..ho hum.

As far as the actual game goes, I actually enjoyed the animation and they actually have some interesting character races rather then your usual "fantasy" style Humans/orcs/elves.

However gameplay and structure wise, it just seemed to be run of the mill, they aren't really trying to innovate the mmorpg genre but just have a polished game with a few good elements from other games here and there.

It might be fun if you are looking for that sort of thing, but from what I played it's just not my cup of tea, I've been down that road so many times now I've grown tired of it.

I'd been in the beta since mid-last year myself and Wildstar just didn't strike a chord with me at all. The combat design was well-done enough, but it felt like I was playing a refined bog-standard PvE MMO based solely on getting better gear, but with housing added in (which was really well-done and fun). Liked the classes and ability design, hated the lack of PVP options and how poorly the UI scaled/was customizable/etc. Also hated how poorly the engine ran even on top-of-the-line rigs for the graphical fidelity it was putting out (not the style, but the technical aspects... I understand they are going for a cartoon-stylized design). It just didn't have the features I was looking for, which are large persistent non-instanced PVP zones with territory control, a mostly-horizontal progression path at endgame, lots of PVP options for instanced PVP (literally two battlegrounds....? REALLY?), etc.

It certainly isn't a game that was really chasing after my type of gamer (hardcore PVP but enjoys doing some PVE to help further his strength in PVP, even if it means pve progression raiding). So, it's not really damning of it that it didn't catch on with me, honestly.

I'd been following WS for a long time and even was on a Podcast that is still running and one of the most popular ones.

Alas, I will not be playing WS because it's most of the same thing I've played in MMO's for the past 10 years since the release of WoW. It's a 'ThemePark' MMO to the max, with housing thrown in, but that's instanced too. It's get to level 50, raid for gear or Instanced PvP and some housing if you get bored. I'm really disappointed it wasn't something truely different, but it isn't.

Goldentiger, I'd give ArcheAge a shot once it's released this year, it has everything you want. There is also a way to get in to the Russian OB and DL an English patch for it. I know I'm going to try it once it hit USA since it will be free to play.

As much as the beta's have underwhelmed me and I found the UI to be horrid (here's hoping the UI revamp will fix that), I'm going to preorder and give it a shot.

Every MMO has issues, esp at launch and at this point, FFXIV is feeling rather stagnant to me. My wife walked out and left me so I've got plenty of time on my hands and I could use a distraction. I really like some of what I've seen, and I'm hoping they tweak and refine things over a few months after launch.

It may not be very revolutionary, but lately it doesnt seem anythign is anymore.

<crosses fingers as he puts in his preorder>

Oh, anyone here know off the top of their head if they've listed servers and all for launch and if there's an RP server or PVP server?

As much as the beta's have underwhelmed me and I found the UI to be horrid (here's hoping the UI revamp will fix that), I'm going to preorder and give it a shot.

Every MMO has issues, esp at launch and at this point, FFXIV is feeling rather stagnant to me. My wife walked out and left me so I've got plenty of time on my hands and I could use a distraction. I really like some of what I've seen, and I'm hoping they tweak and refine things over a few months after launch.

It may not be very revolutionary, but lately it doesnt seem anythign is anymore.

Oh, anyone here know off the top of their head if they've listed servers and all for launch and if there's an RP server or PVP server?

Make sure to order from Greenmangaming and get 20% off :)

Make sure to order from Greenmangaming and get 20% off :)

If not for the several hundred dollars in credit I've got at Amazon at the moment, I likely would.

Got so many reward points from my Amazon VISA I can use..... :D

There will most definitely be PVP servers and RP servers...hell, I'm pretty sure, there will even be RP-PVP servers! I don't think we have the full suite of names as of yet for final, but we've already seen PVP servers in Beta, and though no server in Beta prior was flagged as RP, we've been told they're coming.

There will most definitely be PVP servers and RP servers...hell, I'm pretty sure, there will even be RP-PVP servers! I don't think we have the full suite of names as of yet for final, but we've already seen PVP servers in Beta, and though no server in Beta prior was flagged as RP, we've been told they're coming.

What type of PvP do they offer? Open World, zones, battlegrounds, etc.?

Back