Any Sandy Bridge m-ITX coming? Any news?

I wouldn't buy a foxconn branded product so maybe I'll go for amd's zacate board instead

see placement:
gigabytezacateboard.jpg

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/12/15/gigabyte.soyo.mainboards.with.amd.zacate.leaked/

GA-E350V-USB3's processor probably won't be powerful enough but that is what amd's reference board must also look like cause every brazos board i've seen so far looks like that

Last edited:
I wouldnt buy any of them till I saw some reviews first but thats standard for me anyway. I'm guessing ASUS and Gigabyte will have the better units but we'll see.

I wouldn't buy a foxconn branded product so maybe I'll go for amd's zacate board instead

see placement:
gigabytezacateboard.jpg

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/12/15/gigabyte.soyo.mainboards.with.amd.zacate.leaked/

GA-E350V-USB3's processor probably won't be powerful enough but that is what amd's reference board must also look like cause every brazos board i've seen so far looks like that

That soyo just screams Home Media server to me. Too bad its not a mDTX board instead of the Flex ATX.. Then it would fit in most of the newer ITX cases that we already have (basically any of them that have the 2nd PCI expansion slot)..

I wouldn't get too worried about Asus not having the motherboard posted on their website. I think their AMD mitx board was for sale on Newegg for about a month before it had an official Asus page. Kind of silly, I know, but just the way it happens sometimes.

I found two sites that offer the Intel H67 ITX (DH67CF) board for sale now, with a delivery date of 1/8/2011:

Here and here.

Pictures are on the first site. I know they're based in Germany, but at least we know the ITX boards are launching along with the processors in early January.

WTF are you talking about.. More of the 1156 boards had an x16 slot then didnt & of the 1155 boards looks to me like all but 1 has an x16 slot.
What I meant to ask was will the x16 port and the integrated graphics be mutually exclusive like they have been on previous intel stuff. If they are then it basically means you can't use the slot for anything except graphics.

After reading several reviews of Sandy Bridge and the H67 motherboards it seems that if you want to overclock you are simply out of luck if using the H67 board. Even the"k" chip wont OC using that board. Still, even without OC it kicks some serious butt in testing. Maybe the aftermarket board makers will have a way around the OC issue.

Yeah, sad news indeed.
I'd rather have a MATX that can achieve the "easy" 4.4ghz instead of stock 3.4ghz. :p

I wonder if since Intel is "locking" the multuplier, if the aftermarket boards will have an "unlocker" Kinda like unlocking cores on AMD chips. Wouldnt that be cool.
I am not worried about being unable to OC, since the 95W TDP is the max I've seen for itx boards. Now if you could unlock the multiplier on the 65W CPU, then I would be very interested.

I wonder if since Intel is "locking" the multuplier, if the aftermarket boards will have an "unlocker" Kinda like unlocking cores on AMD chips. Wouldnt that be cool.
I am not worried about being unable to OC, since the 95W TDP is the max I've seen for itx boards. Now if you could unlock the multiplier on the 65W CPU, then I would be very interested.

If Intel had at least offered voltage control on its H67 chipset, you could have purchased a 95W chip and undervolted yourself. I was hoping that I would be able to overclock & undervolt the chip. Guess both of those options are out the window :(

After reading several reviews of Sandy Bridge and the H67 motherboards it seems that if you want to overclock you are simply out of luck if using the H67 board. Even the"k" chip wont OC using that board. Still, even without OC it kicks some serious butt in testing. Maybe the aftermarket board makers will have a way around the OC issue.

This, makes me sad. I was all ready to drop $1500 on a new Mini-ITX build. No longer... ><

According to swedish hardware site Nordichardware.se, the Asus P8H67-I Deluxe features the ability to overclock the CPU and the IGP.

This is really confusing...

well it makes me sad on one hand.. but glad on the other that I went with an AMD mITX..

Although ASUS has hardly put great focus on overclockers when developing the motherboard we are happy to reveal that P8H67-In Deluxe can change frequencies for both CPU cores and the integrated graphics chip, for those who want to sharpen performance further. NOTE! H67 Intel chipset tilltåter no manipulation of the cluster, which means that the overclocking potential of this motherboard is limited.
The motherboard has already been listed by several Swedish online retailers and the price tag is around 1300 SEK including VAT. The first deliveries are expected to reach Sweden January 17.
http://translate.google.com/transla...-i-deluxe-tar-sandy-bridge-till-mini-itx.html

xtremesystems.org said:
STaRGaZeR said:
CPU OC with H67?
Sorry guys, the information that was sent to me about overclocking was wrong, the multiplier lock still remains on this board as on other H67 based boards.
Its still a sweet ride for a mini-ITX board but its a bit of a shame as it would have been nice to just increase the multiplier and get some more performance.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4691879&postcount=15

Seems like it's not going to happen. :/

I just noticed they changed the article. So no CPU-overclocking with H67.

So now I have to decide if I'm to wait untill summer.

And I don't think we'll see P67 boards in ITX format just doesn't make sense for manufacturers it's a niche of a niche. Small and without an IGP. Maybe on manufacturer will try to differentiate from the rest but don't expect many choices

And I don't think we'll see P67 boards in ITX format just doesn't make sense for manufacturers it's a niche of a niche. Small and without an IGP. Maybe on manufacturer will try to differentiate from the rest but don't expect many choices

I Bet there will be 1.. DFI did last generation & minx did it for amd.. So I bet atleast 1.. though no telling if it will even be a repuitable brand.. maybe that giudo brand that jsut popped up..

That soyo just screams Home Media server to me. Too bad its not a mDTX board instead of the Flex ATX.. Then it would fit in most of the newer ITX cases that we already have (basically any of them that have the 2nd PCI expansion slot)..

It is not Flex ATX (Flex ATX uses up to 3x expansion slots and hardly any manfacturer has used it for the last 5+ years). It is Mini-ITX (17cm x 17cm, 1x expansion slot). The only difference between Mini-ITX and Mini-DTX is an extra 3cm to allow for a 2nd expansion slot. Both formats use the same mounting holes (which BTW, are the same as the 4 top left holes on ATX or Micro ATX) and either mobo format can fit a double width graphics card if the case is Mini-DTX. So the only advantage of a Mini-DTX board is if you plan to use 2x single slot card.

If the format takes of, its possible some manufactuer's may use the extra 3cm of board width for more components such as onboard sound chip, extra SATA ports etc instead of a 2nd expansion slot.

I rechecked the reviews of Sandy Bridge and oh man... a dualcore 2100 performing as good as any Quadcore in games is just amazing. Perhaps overclocking is not really needed for ITX gamers after all. :p

I Bet there will be 1.. DFI did last generation & minx did it for amd.. So I bet atleast 1.. though no telling if it will even be a repuitable brand.. maybe that giudo brand that jsut popped up..

The other possibility is hoping for a M-ITX board that will use the Z68 chipset when that chipset is released in Q2. Either way, for those that want to oc a sandy bridge cpu in the M-ITX form factor will need to wait a few months.

The other question will how much will you be able to overclock. The DFI had limitations on quad cores without killing the board.

It is not Flex ATX (Flex ATX uses up to 3x expansion slots and hardly any manfacturer has used it for the last 5+ years). It is Mini-ITX (17cm x 17cm, 1x expansion slot). The only difference between Mini-ITX and Mini-DTX is an extra 3cm to allow for a 2nd expansion slot. Both formats use the same mounting holes (which BTW, are the same as the 4 top left holes on ATX or Micro ATX) and either mobo format can fit a double width graphics card if the case is Mini-DTX. So the only advantage of a Mini-DTX board is if you plan to use 2x single slot card.

If the format takes of, its possible some manufactuer's may use the extra 3cm of board width for more components such as onboard sound chip, extra SATA ports etc instead of a 2nd expansion slot.

Dude.. it is Flex ATX.. it has 3 Expansion slots.. Its pretty clear that there is a PCIe full length, a 1x pcie & a standard PCI.. & Yes I know it hasnt been common for years, but it still exists & still mounts into any atx chassis..

And why would a manufacturer need another 3 cm to add onboard sound or more sata.. It appears to me that every mITX board I have seen has onboard sound & if you need more then 2 or 3 sata ports on a mITX chances are you would rather have a pcie expansion slot rather then more sata so you can throw in a raid controller.. & yes my point in saying that its too bad it wasnt dtx is that you could use 2x single slot video cards..

I rechecked the reviews of Sandy Bridge and oh man... a dualcore 2100 performing as good as any Quadcore in games is just amazing. Perhaps overclocking is not really needed for ITX gamers after all. :p

Take a look again. The current release of SB is all the quad cores without hyperthreading. The dual cores are being released later, possibly Q2. Having said that, there are several reviews where the i5 SB chip is beating or tied with i7 1366 chips. and heck, 3.3-3.7GHz aint slow!

I don't understand why manufacturers seem to think ITX needs inferior chipsets, inferior bios, inferior overclocking, inferior power supplies, and so on. Yeah that may fit the HTPC niche, but it seems to me the mainstream ITX builder wants the exact same powerful system found in a normal tower, just in a more compact space. But somehow manufacturers seem to equate smaller means corners should be cut.

I don't understand why manufacturers seem to think ITX needs inferior chipsets, inferior bios, inferior overclocking, inferior power supplies, and so on. Yeah that may fit the HTPC niche, but it seems to me the mainstream ITX builder wants the exact same powerful system found in a normal tower, just in a more compact space. But somehow manufacturers seem to equate smaller means corners should be cut.

mini-itx is still too small. The processor might have to be an SoC for full x16 slot, two memory slots and decent cpu power components.

The upcoming Z68 chipset is meant for us. :cool: H67 is just too low end.

DTX is AMD's answer to Intel's miniITX.

I still wonder why DTX hasn't caught on yet. AMD might have gotten it right, long after the short comings of VIA's very own standard. BTX died because Intel integrated the memory controller into the cpu, and the space heater cpu's were long dead, while the oem's moved back to ATX, Micro-ATX, and their own board designs.

Maybe this is the reason.

mini-itx is still too small. The processor might have to be an SoC for full x16 slot, two memory slots and decent cpu power components.

mITX isnt too small.. There are performance orientated mITX boards, just few & far between.. Last generation got the p55 DFI board & the J&W AMD 890fx board.. Problem is that neither were made by a manufacturer that was ready to do anything with it.

Dude.. it is Flex ATX.. it has 3 Expansion slots.. Its pretty clear that there is a PCIe full length, a 1x pcie & a standard PCI..

My apologies, I was looking at the pic you quoted of the Gigabyte board and not the Soyo one in the link. The Soyo is indeed Flex ATX.

are these sandy bridge mini ITX motherboards getting released along side with the CPUs? or do we have to wait for a while?

I am particularly interested in the Zotac one or the Gigabyte... Can't wait..

Supposedly they are going to be released in a couple weeks. At least I read somewhere either the Zotac or Asus board would be release by around the 20th. (Reading way too many reviews i the last couple days!)

Well, Zotac just issued a press release announcing the mini ITX board, so maybe sooner!
According to the release it can handle up to 130W TDP to support overclocking-so maybe a 2500k is in my future!

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that iTX is now at where mATX was just a short few years ago. Its only going to get better. We just have to wait for it. Encourage and demand the mobo manufacturers while we do so. :)

Back