Any Sandy Bridge m-ITX coming? Any news?

does the Asrock mini itx board have USB3.0 headers? It seems to fit well for my needs too.

I tried searching on ASrock's site, and they seem to have their boards listed except the mini-itx one... we shall see if it gets released on launch.

I have read that it does not have USB 3. Thats the one reason I decided against it. The Asus board seems to have everything going for it and I dont mind SODIMMs as I have to buy memory anyway. Price of DIMM vs SODIMM only seems to be couple of bucks difference.

btw, the GPU can be overclocked and the processor can't on H67. The OCW shows that as well.

CPU - NO
GPU - YES

So don't get too excited.

btw, the GPU can be overclocked and the processor can't on H67. The OCW shows that as well.

CPU - NO
GPU - YES

So don't get too excited.
The conclusion states, "Overclocking wise, we managed to run the CPU up to ~4.8GHz on AIR. In fact, we are more interested to share that the GPU clk can be clocked up from 1.1GHz to 1.9GHz giving a big boost to 3D performance."

It's interesting if they indeed used the H67 to overclock the CPU to 4.8GHz on air. That would answer a lot of the questions regarding H67's overclocking ability.

Intel states in their documentation that H67 supports overclocking on the 2nd gen (they didn't specify GPU or CPU - could really just be GPU). Gigabyte's user manual seems to say that as well. However, the reviews currently available seem to say otherwise.
There are also reviews pointing out that there is just extremely limited overclocking ability. (ie. increasing the bclk by +4 (4% overclock)).

Guess we'll have to see what happens when everything is available.

I'm not sure, but my guess would be its a bobcat board. Looks like alot of the asus atom boards, but more more features. I cant really see Asus pressing too many atom boards, so bobcat would be the next logical conclusion.

If the ECS had wifi I would have purchased it. (besides, its already OOS) I keep waiting for the Aus board, which seems to be available on the european sites, but not the US.

The ecs board does have a mini pci-e slot which you can put a wireless card in.

That ECS board actually looks pretty good. Too bad it doesn't have a PS/2 keyboard port.

That ECS board actually looks pretty good. Too bad it doesn't have a PS/2 keyboard port.

LOL. I didnt notice that, but considering how many guys I heard asking why ps/2 was still being inlcuded, hearing you calling it missing a neg made me laugh at the irony

I always use that feature in the BIOS that allows you to power the system on by a keypress on a PS/2 keyboard.

One of the few I guess that find that feature useful.

I think im just gonna take the plunge on h67 and find a definitive answer on whether or not it can overclock the cpu. if not then buying another $100 z68 mobo in the future isnt that horrible. Im waiting for the h67n though. I have the h55n currently and it is an aaaamaazing motherboard. dare i say the best ive ever had, including all my atx boards. im really hoping they go with the black look of their p67 boards though, those early pictures were identical to the 1156 blue color scheme

think im going to go w/ the gigabyte itx board as well, should have good bios options if in fact youre able to OC on these things.

I feel like we're being teased. The only boards I can find available in the US is the Intel and ECS boards and the ECS is OOS. Wheres the Asus, Zotac, and Gigabyte boards. Even on their websites they list the ATX and mATX boards, but except for Zotac they dont list ITX boads. And I havent found anyone selling them.

I know... WTheck is up with that... with all these motherboards announced.... None made it to the stores (except the Intel one)... even the ECS one is out of stock
(OOS).

I called in my local computer shops here in Canada (Canada computers/ N C IX)... both of them don't even have a single mini-ITX board...

Silentpcreview has a review on a H67 board and that one can't overclock the CPU.

can anyone comment on the build quality of intel boards? If it's only ECS / Intel available for mini ITX at launch.. I might be leaning towards Intel for better quality. I'm not so sure about the quality of ECS boards..

can anyone comment on the build quality of intel boards? If it's only ECS / Intel available for mini ITX at launch.. I might be leaning towards Intel for better quality. I'm not so sure about the quality of ECS boards..

I have always heard Intel motherboards are really stable. I chose to avoid them because you cannot overclock Intel boards as easily, but that doesn't seem to be an issue here since you cannot overclock CPU on the H67 anyway.

It's really too bad Intel board doesn't have the features I want (wireless, usb 3 header).

I'll wait a couple more day and see what happens.. If other boards still don't appear in Canada, I might just pull the trigger on the Intel.

I can only find the Foxconn H67S available at retail in the UK.

FWIW i've got the Intel DH57JG board and it's actually quite a good, stable board. If I have any gripes it's that it can be picky with CDs/USB HDDs connected at boot (sometimes it just black screens and does nothing until I disconnect them) but that's hardly a show stopper.

Be careful when ordering the Intel DH67CF... according to the user manual, it supports only a maximum of 65W processors. The manual was posted on Intel's site today. I nearly pulled the trigger on the board from newegg but now I am glad I waited.

Be careful when ordering the Intel DH67CF... according to the user manual, it supports only a maximum of 65W processors. The manual was posted on Intel's site today. I nearly pulled the trigger on the board from newegg but now I am glad I waited.

I saw that too, and that's unfortunate. Mainstream Intel boards tend to be *very* stable and reliable, at the expense of any overclocking stuff (which doesn't matter with the H67). I guess its not too surprising though, their H55 board had the same limitation.

I wonder what the availability of the Core i5 2500S is going to be like. It fits into the 65watt thermal envelope, and turbos to 3.7Ghz (though obviously won't be able to sustain it the way the 2500/2500Ks can).

Wow... Thanks for the useful information.. I was planning to buy the intel board if other boards don't become available in the near future..

I guess we have to play the waiting game this round... Effectively none of the better mini-itx boards are available.. (Intel one only supports 65W CPUs.. and it lists only i5 2400S as compatible right now).... Zotac, Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, ECS, Foxconn, etc are all unavailable for purchase...

Last edited:
Wow... Thanks for the useful information.. I was planning to buy the intel board if other boards don't become available in the near future..

I guess we have to play the waiting game this round... Effectively none of the better mini-itx boards are available.. (Intel one only supports 65W CPUs.. and it lists only i5 2400S as compatible right now).... Zotac, Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte, ECS, Foxconn, etc are all unavailable for purchase...

My guess is that their first run is going to be the mainstream boards, then us niche market guys. Frustrating since they all have been displaying their ITX boards for months

nah give it a week or 2 & I am sure zotac will release a POS board for the enthusiast market.. Most of the others will follow within a month or so.

nah give it a week or 2 & I am sure zotac will release a POS board for the enthusiast market.. Most of the others will follow within a month or so.
Well, I found this quote from MaxPC

"The board, from Zotac has nearly all the features of a full-size board (minus some PCI-e slots, of course) and will be available at the end of the month. "

wow P67 mITX is coming eh.... I might buy the k series CPU with the H67 chipset then... in case I do switch motherboards when much better ones come out in the future. Also the price of between the i5 2500 and the i5 2500k in Canada is only $15.

For now.. I just want some H67 board supporting 95w processors to be on sale.. I have most of the parts here already waiting for a motherboard and CPU to hook up onto...

Same situation here... I purchased the 2500k even without the knowledge that I will be able to find a way to overclock it. The price difference was minimal (I took advantage of the microcenter deal on launch day). Now I have every single piece of a really nice ITX sandy bridge build, except for the elusive motherboard.

I will go with either the Zotac, ECS,or Gigabyte, depending on price and availability, but my preference is Gigabyte. I have heard that all three will be available by the end of the month, so I get to play the waiting game. If anyone sees any of these in stock anywhere, please post it here!

Same situation here... I purchased the 2500k even without the knowledge that I will be able to find a way to overclock it. The price difference was minimal (I took advantage of the microcenter deal on launch day). Now I have every single piece of a really nice ITX sandy bridge build, except for the elusive motherboard.

I will go with either the Zotac, ECS,or Gigabyte, depending on price and availability, but my preference is Gigabyte. I have heard that all three will be available by the end of the month, so I get to play the waiting game. If anyone sees any of these in stock anywhere, please post it here!

I also bought the 2500K, but I knew it wouldnt overclock on the H67 board. I figured I might upgrade/upsize boards in the future. With the Gigabyte P67 board I may not have to upgrade.

yeah me too. when i saw that i was wtf?? it must be some kind of mistake because even the DH57JG supports 85w. guess im gonna wait a little while..

I wonder why I can buy the Asus board for 130 euros from the European sites, but no one else has them.

Back