Asus Sandy Bridge Motherboards

Rossi~

2[H]4U
http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/15/asus-sandy-bridge-motherboards-are-pretty-come-with-bluetooth/

10x1115ub35sabersasus.jpg

10x1115iub24edhv.jpg

the top one reminds me of a modern car engine, all covered with plastic, but it does look cool.

I would think a bunch o heat would get trapped under the plastic. Also I like to see bare circuits :p The itx board looks quite nice but so-dimms :(

I wonder how nicely the NEW Rampage IV Extreme will look like. Probably time to save up some $$$ for a complete Sandy Bridge build. Think I'm gonna sell all my S1366 mobos and CPUs in order to build a Sandy Bridge system. How is pricing on the new board and CPU, does anyone know?

The top one looks terrible IMHO. The gigabyte boards, with their excessive heatsinks, look much better.

How is pricing on the new board and CPU, does anyone know?

The 2600K is supposed to be comparable to what the 950 was priced at pre-price cut. My guess is at the upper end of the $300-500 range. 2500K should be cheaper, and everything else is out of the question. I'm speculating that boards will be somewhere between current 1156 and 1356 prices for the time being

If I didn't understand it wrong, is Sandy Bridge going to be Dual-channel only?

The 2600K is supposed to be comparable to what the 950 was priced at pre-price cut. My guess is at the upper end of the $300-500 range. 2500K should be cheaper, and everything else is out of the question. I'm speculating that boards will be somewhere between current 1156 and 1356 prices for the time being
I've read several sources quoting 2500k around $200-$230. I've not seen 2600k but realistically I doubt it will be above $350 simply because it only adds 2MB cache, 100MHz, and HT. Then again Intel likes making pricing fun.

Source:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3871/the-sandy-bridge-preview-three-wins-in-a-row/4

If I didn't understand it wrong, is Sandy Bridge going to be Dual-channel only?
1155 should be dual channel only I believe, SandyBridge-E (LGA-2011) I believe adds quad-channel support and LGA-1356 is tri-channel.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge_(microarchitecture)

Umm, has anyone else notice the dual channel RAM slots on these boards?..

Ummm, have you read this thread?

The P series (Socket LGA1155) is dual channel the X Series (Socket LGA2011) is apparently quad channel

that mini itx board looks interesting, but the socket location is going to be tight for larg hsf, may build one of these for my kids.

I honestly don't see any point in uber high end sandy bridge mobos - just get something resonably cheap with decent power phases since everything else will not matter with only multiplier overclocking.

I'm digging the dual-PS2 adapter. Maybe it's been too long since my last build but I hadn't seen that before.

I even gave you sources man, in the post above you... It's not that hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge_%28microarchitecture%29

DC Sandy Bridge will likely aim at replacement market for G31/G4x (current LGA775) as this group is running dual-channel chipsets but in no way/shape/form wanting to go i3/i5 just yet (especially if they have DDR3 RAM already). As Intel made plain at IDF (and as I said in an earlier thread) both versions will also allow discrete graphics (as G4x and even G3x do today).

Yes; G4x certainly raised the bar over G31 (BearLake), and is easily the best graphics chipset out of Intel since the infamous (and short-lived) Intel 752. However, onboard graphics has been known to fail (in desktops), not to mention that discrete GPUs are advancing faster than onboard-only can hold the line for; therefore, a discrete GPU option, even for the corporate market, makes all too much sense.

One version of the DC Sandy Bridge will likely replace the ASUS P5G1-M-LX/CSM; the quad-channel version would, meanwhile, anchor the newest version of the RoG lineup (at the bottom), especially if Sandy Bridge supports DX11 (not impossible in the least, as G41 supports DX10 today).

Expect multi-display support to continue (it's available with G4x today from ASUS via the onboard+discrete option); however, I'm curious as to whether ASUS will include a separate display manager utility to manage the disparately-connected displays (they don't do so now).

Don't worry mate, they've been doing that for a while now. ;)

While PS/2 keyboards and mice are becoming less commonplace in prebuilts, they aren't going anywhere in the BYOPC market, simply because of how long they hold up. (That support came in handy recently when I had a Dell come in for a complete OS blank-and-reinstall - it only supported USB keyboards and mice. I wound up moving my *personal* USB keyboard and mouse to the Dell, while my backups (both PS/2) were dusted off and connected to Mighty Mouse. Fortunately, the same display could be used for both PCs.)

Is it true that Asus is moving to UEFI with SB? I'm looking at upgrading to SB from my e8400 and am interested in looking at brands that use UEFI.

Do they have any effect on OCing? I'm also interested in moving to GPT on my boot drive with 7 x64.

Back