[ANN][LTC][POOL][PPLNS][STRATUM]Invasion Mining Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great crypto crash....here is where it all falls down...I can honestly say this is the first time ive been genuinely pissed at the government...

well i sold all my ltc at 3.05 and bought back more than I had at 2.5

Now it's just time to wait for it to rise again.

I wish I could day trade. I day traded in the stock market for about a month once. It was a ton "fun", I was addicted, and was actually making money. But it was all I could think about. All day, and even overnight, thinking about was going on in the after hours. It took over my life... so then I stopped. :p

Anyway, got my miners back up + 7850 running in the lab = 3000 kH/s broken!

damn you guys were right. these PC cards run a little warm. one at 92C and one at 86C in a cold basement lol

MSI TF3 hsf >>> Powercolor hsf

Good luck on squeezing out 600 kH/s on those!

Though I will say, I've been pushing 90C on some of my cards when it hits 100F.

The Sapphire Vapor-X coolers are pretty good as well, the lower cards sit at about 78-80C in a basement in cases.

Last edited:
if I setup an IRC chat window or something on the pool, would many of you guys hang out in there? or just stay on this board? or both?

Undervolted my card last night and put another exhaust fan near it. Neither seemed to afftect performance or temp. Granted they were both minor adjustments (Voltage from 1.19 -> 1.1) and the fan is a stock case fan.

Will mess with the voltage again this evening and see if I can actually continue to get the same performance and lower temps.

if I setup an IRC chat window or something on the pool, would many of you guys hang out in there? or just stay on this board? or both?

IRC window would be cool, i used to use the one on GMLTC to ask people questions and stuff when I was still n00bin' it up... but here are some other things if you are 'bored' and looking for stuff to do: :D

'My Graphs' page- On the bottom graph, have it automatically total 'credits to date' so you don't have to add all the credit bars up yourself.

Phone-friendly alternate page (we already talked about this)

change title to 'litecoin' not 'litcoin' :p

and a calculator to calculate avg LTC/day paid out
with a custom user-defined window of dates.

^ and get WA state to allow 8 characters on license plates instead of 7, so that when I cash out next year and buy my lamborghini, the plate can say 'litecoin' not 'litcoin'... thx! ;)

visibilitl how many kwh does all that pull a day? and wahts the power bill got to be more then $500 easy

when its all running good it should do 27,000 kH/s, maybe 28k kH/s tuned, but I still am a few cards down right now for various reasons. wifi adapters being wonky on me and still need to unbox 3 more cards...

i'll find out power bill soon and yes I estimated $400-500 increase in my bill. we do have cheap electricity here, and also i'm running the whole cluster off 240V for the 5% increase in PSU efficiency over 120V

ha, it wouldn't surprise me. i've got nothing to hide, though.

Off-topic, now you've got me curious: can they actually get a warrant to search my house from my hot exhaust vents only? is power bill data private information or can they force the power dept to give them that?

When I read news stories about grow ops being busted and shut down, they never really explain how the evidence lead up to the searching and bust.

around here its always the high power usage that tips them off. id maybe talk to the power company??

ha, it wouldn't surprise me. i've got nothing to hide, though.

Off-topic, now you've got me curious: can they actually get a warrant to search my house from my hot exhaust vents only? is power bill data private information or can they force the power dept to give them that?

When I read news stories about grow ops being busted and shut down, they never really explain how the evidence lead up to the searching and bust.

They use helicopters with thermal scopes/camera's. They can see all the heat coming out of your house and confuse it with people growing weed.

^ Yeah, we are co-workers. I'll take a final pic and upload once i get my final mobo on the shelf and my sweet amazon/ebay LED strips installed. :rolleyes::cool:

Interesting. Think they are trying to shut it down or tax it?

And how should we get money out of BTC-e now?

There are lots of different options on BTC-e...you just have to pay a higher percentage to get it out. The reason people used Dwolla was because of the $0.25 transaction fee.

Curious Visibiliti/JMacker...how are you guys handling heat loads? My 10 GPUs are keeping my A/C running a good portion of the day and its barely touching 90F here...Im scared to see how/if im gonna be able to keep up in the heat of summer when its 100+ outside. I've got vents in the basement but im not sure how I should go about setting up the PCs to exhaust outside and keeping a positive pressure so the heat doesn't backup into the systems/basement.

lightning in texas.. had to shut down.. don't want to take a chance since power outages/brownouts are likely.

lightning in texas.. had to shut down.. don't want to take a chance since power outages/brownouts are likely.

Might be beneficial to get a good UPS for your rig(s) to provide protection against surges/spikes and outages of course :) Would be a great idea to include your router and modem as well to keep you mining. Depending on your budget, I'm sure we could all give you some suggestions on here.

Curious Visibiliti/JMacker...how are you guys handling heat loads? My 10 GPUs are keeping my A/C running a good portion of the day and its barely touching 90F here...Im scared to see how/if im gonna be able to keep up in the heat of summer when its 100+ outside. I've got vents in the basement but im not sure how I should go about setting up the PCs to exhaust outside and keeping a positive pressure so the heat doesn't backup into the systems/basement.

I have learned a lot about heat management over the course of the past few weeks. At times, my setup has been extremely underpar, and I've had to come up with solutions along the way. I've made a few mistakes, and a few cards have ran at 100-102C for a handful of hours, but I haven't melted anything or started any fires... yet. Lol. All cards are still working, too. Right now, everything is between 70-80C consistently. I'm pretty happy. The room temps are also down to the 80s. Previously, the room had gotten to over 120F!!!! :eek:

Here are my methods:

(1) Undervolting. From 1.188 to 1.050 helped IMMENSELY. 4 of my cards don't like a core clock of 1025MHz with 1.050V, so I bumped those up to 1.075 and 1.100 based on what they need. But overall, going to 1.050 across the entire cluster just SHED off degrees C. If your cards can undervolt-- do it.

(2) Box fan wall. Right now I have a 2x3 array of box fans just constantly blowing on high across all the cards. Some cards get better airflow than others because of how the fans are shaped, but overall having a fan giving the cards a constant supply of fresh air helps bleed off the heat and keeps temps down.

(3) Dedicated room. I was fortunate enough to build everything into a spare room in the basement. I have dedicated the room for it so I actually have it separated from my house HVAC. I cut exhaust holes above the foundation as well as intake holes. In the winter if I am still mining I plan on integrating my exhaust ducting (see below) into my house HVAC system.

(4) Exhaust fans. I am running ~2000 cfm of exhaust fans to keep the room temp under control. I have three 8" centrifugal fans (2 Vortex, these babies are legit, and one off-brand which underperforms but still works) pulling air out of the room. The intakes are just passive intakes, but are sized such that they don't put too much extra strain on the fans, and such that they keep the room itself under negative pressure. By keeping the negative pressure I dont have to worry about the heat escaping out past the door to the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back