AMD to Simultaneously Launch 3rd Gen Ryzen and Unveil Radeon "Navi" This June

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Zarathustra[H], Apr 2, 2019.

1. Auer

Auer Gawd

So now you have shitty grades and a bunch of pregnant chicks......great....

Gottfried Leibnizzle likes this.
  2. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

Run hot to begin with? Since when? Are you still stuck in the FX days?

Jim Kim and Pieter3dnow like this.
  3. ccityinstaller

ccityinstaller [H]ardness Supreme

All I can say is that with modern games, especially large multiplayer or even RTS games like Civ5/6/x will make great use of the SMT. I have played with both 4c/8t modern SKUs from both Team Red and Blue and difference in smoothness is insane.

Getting back to the *currently available* Ryzen APUs, I feel their only use is for HTPC setups and the extra 2MB of cache and extra CUs are worth the $50 MSRP (currently it's a $40ish difference in the US) along with the SMT which helps with unzipping and multitasking etc (again the cache difference helps a good bit).

While I would never buy one for gaming (see my sig lol) I feel someone on a budget would be much better off with just getting a dirt cheap 1200/13/14/1500/ (or the current 2k SKUs) and a $95 RX 570 which still outperforms Nvidia's new 1600 series.

If they are on so cheap a gaming budget they can only afford a 2200g then they need to save antoher month or just buy an XboneX IMO.

4. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

5. os2wiz

os2wiz Gawd

In fact the Adored TV leaks are highly accurate except for the apu. Your information is incorrect and unverified.

Pieter3dnow likes this.
  6. DejaWiz

DejaWiz Oracle of Unfortunate Truths

7. Auer

Auer Gawd

So what would be disappointing?

At this stage they need to beat the 2070 for under $400 or less the more time goes by.

8. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

Yeah I think they claimed before that this would be the first non GCN card ;) .
    With everything they list what is the information that is useful ?
    I mean is the most exciting feature the connectors ?
    and to end it with :

Typical wccftech :)

DejaWiz likes this.
  9. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

Vega 64 is already faster then the 2070 and around $400?

10. Auer

Auer Gawd

Amazing...

11. cageymaru

c3k likes this.
  12. cageymaru

Read the article. Lots more images in the article. :)

13. gigaxtreme1

gigaxtreme1 2[H]4U

Would be cool to have all three aniversary editions in one visible rig as a collectors item.
    With the bling Gskill Royal ram too.

14. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger [H]ard as it Gets

Wrong
    It is about 20 percent slower according to the HardOCP comparison article.

Auer likes this.
  15. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD [H]ard|Gawd

What are you guys prediction on final clock speeds and overclockability for Ryzen 2?

Would a top SKU with a boost clock of 4.8GHz (targeted at 9900K competitor) and manual OC capability to 5.0GHz be a realistic prediction?

Would be quite an achievement for AMD and if wccftech article is correct based on samples which typically aren't the highest binned SKU/final clocks at this point I suppose it could be possible. It would be an important jump to make as that should be enough to roughly start matching Intel also in single/few thread applications.

16. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

That would be quite the jump from the 2700X's 4.3GHz boost, its even 400MHz over the top boost clock for Threadripper. I'd love to be wrong, but a more realistic number would probably be in the 4.5-4.6 range. A decent jump over current consumer Ryzen, but not so high that it seems unlikely.

Edit: Fixed predictions a tad after double checking CPU speeds. Need to stop posting right before I go to sleep.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  17. Snowdog

Snowdog [H]ardForum Junkie

Not realistic on this process. I can't imagine it tops 4.5 GHz single core. This is like Intels 8086 special edition. More marketing than performance boost.

18. _mockingbird

_mockingbird Gawd

Really?

Do you remember when AMD announced "Ryzen 9 3800X" and "Radeon RX 3080" at CES?

I don't think so.

GoldenTiger, Chimpee and Snowdog like this.
  19. merid14

merid14 [H]Lite

I'm super excited to see what AMD does here. I think this is where they live or die. They either execute 7nm well or intel comes back with a smack down. I'm always rooting for AMD and buying Intel, oh well.

20. Grimlaking

Grimlaking 2[H]4U

Here is the deal. IF AMD competes in the CPU and the Video card markets then EVERYONE wins. As markets get competitive again we all benefit. Consumers reap the rewards of better performing tech, for a more cost controlled price. Companies benefit because they fund R&D and the sales and marketing machines get de valued a little bit while they focus on making something that is truly better than what just came out. We ALL reap the benefits because that spend in the market means that their vendors want to get more agressive on sales when they have something new so the deals start flowing.

Competition in the market space for CPU's and Video/multiprocessing systems will flow into the corporate data centers. This will mean that our vendors will want to 'get to know our needs' and perks come down for those of us that make purchasing decisions to help keep them in our good graces.

If you control or influence a few million spend a year those vendors will bend over for you.

Jim Kim and ssnyder28 like this.
  21. _mockingbird

_mockingbird Gawd

Apparently, the Forza Horizon 4 demo on Zen 2/Radeon VII that AMD shows at CES...

If you look at the car's license plate, it said "RVIIONR7"

That probably stands for Radeon VII on Ryzen 7.

So that's a hint right there that the 8-core Zen 2 engineering sample is a Ryzen 7.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    GoldenTiger likes this.
  22. os2wiz

os2wiz Gawd

Actually I have seen Vega 64's as low as $350 new.