AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

When is monarch going to put out alittle better priced code's or new ones.

Sence the 165 is selling so nicely and there getting new stepping's a code to make it around 250 would be nice :D

jonspd said:

Sence the 165 is selling so nicely and there getting new stepping's a code to make it around 250 would be nice :D
Are you kidding? They're already selling these things way below average market prices..

Just ordered a 165! Cant wait, hope i get a 0610, since thats what most people seem to be getting these days. Will keep you posted.

(If you want to know why I'm excited, my current "gaming rig" is a 1.3 duron with a radeon 9000 pro :p )

jonspd said:

better??? who else even comes close??

No one comes close but egg has the retail for 50 bux more.

I was just woundering if monarch was going to give us enthusiast a better deal sence this deal is almost 3-4 week's old I figured they were going to treat us again.

But for a great deal no lie there.

jonspd said:
No one comes close but egg has the retail for 50 bux more.

I was just woundering if monarch was going to give us enthusiast a better deal sence this deal is almost 3-4 week's old I figured they were going to treat us again.

But for a great deal no lie there.
Dude, they cant possibly drop prices lower. As it is you can resell the proc anytime at no lo$$

amd ati FO SHO said:
looks like someone is going after post counts, you just bumped 10 threads in here

out of curiosity how does it benefit someone to raise their post count ?

got my chip yesturday CCBBE 0610 DPMW

ordered tuesday, recieved friday

From what i've read, this looks like a kickass stepping... what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best.

jcll2002 said:
0608>0610(the other one)>0610dpmw

What is the DMPW doing @ stock volatage?

The 0608's are only marginally better then the CCBBE 0610 DPMW's. Usually the results i've seen are maybe like a 50MHz difference but once again stepping alone doesn't mean how far it will overclock. A 0610 may overclock further then a 0608. The difference in these two steppings isn't usually worth talking about those since its so small.

amd ati FO SHO said:
Monarch didn't do that to you. If what you say is true, it was most likely caused by the packaging process at AMD. Out of the thousands of chips Monarch has sold, this is the first case of this i've seen. You may want to email your concern to Monarch. It seems distasteful to bad mouth them here before seeking a resolution from them privately.

The really weird bit.. my 165 didnt come with any foam at all, that i recall. it was just enclosed in the plastic shell, which seemed to hold it just fine.

Diashto said:
The really weird bit.. my 165 didnt come with any foam at all, that i recall. it was just enclosed in the plastic shell, which seemed to hold it just fine.
how long ago did you order your opteron? because the opteron 165 I ordered back in december was shipping in just the smaller plastic shell with no foam, but the opteron I got last week was in a bigger plastic casing with foam :mad:

Got my Opteron 165 CCBBE 610 on Friday, little pink foam inside almost as thick as the one shown bending the pins a few pages back. No bent pins to report here though, just waiting on the DFI expert, then the fun begins.

Saffyre said:
Nightmare did u contact monarch about this problem?

if so what was the resolution?

weekend...they're closed. will try on monday and see what they say.... would be nice if they hand pick a 0610 and replace this one.

my otpy 146 CACJE 0606BPAW is getting really hot under load (60c with an XP-120) with only 1.425vcore, so i removed the IHS, applied AS Ceramique and reapplied it, and it still gets really hot, so if you're in the market for a 146 and don't have watercooling, id recommend holding off your purchase from monarch until they start shipping a new stepping/

You sure your temps are reading correctly? That is INSANELY hot with such graet air cooling... wow... never heard one that bad, and usually it's user error... but I mean if you took the IHS off I dunno.

Did you check to make sure that the thermal paste wasn't still a large chunk when you took the heatsink off? Maybe it didn't touch the die really well.

When you take the IHS off with a HSF that uses the mobo bracket, you need to make sure its shaved down enough (assuming you did so)...

Bleh, got my Opteron 170 CCBWE 0551 UPMW on friday.

It can't even do 2.5GHz on stock voltage.

ebay here i come!

ouminan said:
Bleh, got my Opteron 170 CCBWE 0551 UPMW on friday.

It can't even do 2.5GHz on stock voltage.

ebay here i come!

ouch they're still selling 0551s, luckily mine wasn't too bad (0551)

KarateBob said:
my otpy 146 CACJE 0606BPAW is getting really hot under load (60c with an XP-120) with only 1.425vcore, so i removed the IHS, applied AS Ceramique and reapplied it, and it still gets really hot, so if you're in the market for a 146 and don't have watercooling, id recommend holding off your purchase from monarch until they start shipping a new stepping/

i had xp-90 2.9ghz at 1.5v and hit 52 load. im sure somehtings wrong.

my 0608 keeps getting cooler and cooler, now idling around 31 from 35-36 a week ago

sweet!

thanks monarch!

g0dM@n said:
When you take the IHS off with a HSF that uses the mobo bracket, you need to make sure its shaved down enough (assuming you did so)...
i put the IHS back on after i cleaned off the old TIM gunk and applied AS Ceramique

i just got my 0610!!!

Unfortunately I had to ship my video card the same day she arrived!?!

Another week until I can OC her...

Seufari said:
i just got my 0610!!!

Unfortunately I had to ship my video card the same day she arrived!?!

Another week until I can OC her...
that sucks, you don't have any old PCI video cards laying around?

That happened to me too when I got my 0608 a month or so back, luckily I had my old Voodoo3 2000 lying around :D

WTF mine jsut came its a new one!!

165 CCB1E 0609 FPMW

any one have this one?

i wanted another 0610!!! :confused:

Back