AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

burningrave101 said:
As long as you dont go much over like 1.5V then the processor should have no problem lasting 2-3 years overclocked. Its when you start getting up in the 1.55V+ range on a 90nm CPU that normally runs 1.35V that it starts really cutting down on lifespan. I would try to keep it around 1.45V or under though and see if you can't get close to your max clock with that.
thanks.

Just received a CCBBE 0610DPMW today also!

Now i just need everything else to get here. :rolleyes:
Should make a nice overdue upgrade.

Doesn't seem like anyones gotten a ccbwe for a while thats been buying from monarch at least on hardforum.... interesting..... coupon still working? ;)

Hey MD, i made sure to put HardForum into the referrer when i ordered my 170. I owe you a beer if i ever see ya ;)

Thanks a ton.

If anyone gets a 146 or has recently pm me the steppings and how they oc'd. Thanks :p

i've got a 146 yesterday. the steppings are:
OSA146DAA5BN
CACJE 0606BPAW
and im burning it in at 2.4ghz @ 1.4v (default)

i'll let you know how much better i can do tomorrow.

How long has it been taking people to get their processors from monarch? From past experience they are a bit flighty on getting orders out and I just bought a 165 from them yesterday. Trying to figure out when they will probably ship.

Thank you Monarch, got my 0610 CCBBE in today.

For the info of others, I ordered on the 12th and just got it in due to being half-way around the globe. 600 miles south of Japan.

Ordered mine on April 22nd and got it yesturday April 27th. CCBBE 0610. 2.8mHz primed for 6hrs on stock volts. Watercooled.

amd ati FO SHO said:
all the suspense! Need to order another 170, waiting for good stepping:)

any updates on 170's?

I'm curious about the latest 170 steppings myself:)

FINALLY! its been delivered. I just needa pick it up at local kinkos... kinda lazy to go out that far right now though. Probably wait till my classes r over today :D

I'll keep u guys updated w/ steppin and OC!

got my opteron oem 170 today

Opteron 170 CCBWE 0551UPMW

im going to shit my pants, arent these among the best?

mknawabi said:
got my opteron oem 170 today

Opteron 170 CCBWE 0551UPMW

im going to shit my pants, arent these among the best?
lol, no, sorry those are among the worst.

Thats why people havent been ordering 170s @ monarch

SICK!!! i just got myself a opteron 165. Freaking fast as heck. Priming at 2.7ghz 1.31v. But i'm confused the set the cpu voltage as auto in bios and it chose 1.31? Whats up w/ that. I mean i know the board undervolts. But thats ridiculously low.

Isn't stock voltage like 1.4 or something? I was expecting it to 1.35 in windows and auto set as 1.4 in bios, but i guess not. So far running superpi on one core and prime on the other. Does anyone know how to set up two prime95 at once? Everytime I try, it just goes back to the same window.

nvm got it

OverclockingGuru said:

doh. hahaha, well if i get to 2.7ish ill be happy.

OverclockingGuru said:

I wouldn't say worse, i got a 0551 from monarch also.

It can do 2.5 @ stock volts

2.7 @ 1.475

not the best, but not the worse. hoping for 0550, but no luck :(

FINALLY I got my CCBBE. I was excited to pop this baby in.
As a frequent Online buyer, i inspect everything I buy. And this is what Monarch treats me to
How do I know it's monarch and not UPS.... Well.... THe packing is rigid. TOO DAMN RIGID... they put a THICK 1/2'' foam on the bottom of the case, pop the cpu on top and closed the case.... with that thick of a foam the pins cannot stand the pressure THIS IS WHY PROCESSORS ARE ZERO FORCE so you dont have to push...
OMG IM SO FREAKING MAD>>>>>>>>

opty16ja.jpg

opty23uh.jpg

Lets look over this... Here you see the Packing materials. Notice how thick the pad is.

img004317bn.jpg

Now, the pad in the plastic case...NOTICE HOW HIGH IT SITS

img004519ef.jpg

WITH THE CASE CLOSED WITHOUT CHIP...the top part pushes the foam down... now theres NO ROOM FOR ANYTHING IN BETWEEN... WHY DID THEY STICK A CPU IN THERE WITHOUT PROTECTING THE PINS??????????????????

img004811wu.jpg

that sucks, gonna be a pain to fix. Just get a credit card to straighten that one whole row out, I don't even know what you should use on those 3 horribly bent ones

n19htmare said:
FINALLY I got my CCBBE. I was excited to pop this baby in.
As a frequent Online buyer, i inspect everything I buy. And this is what Monarch treats me to
How do I know it's monarch and not UPS.... Well.... THe packing is rigid. TOO DAMN RIGID... they put a THICK 1/2'' foam on the bottom of the case, pop the cpu on top and closed the case.... with that thick of a foam the pins cannot stand the pressure THIS IS WHY PROCESSORS ARE ZERO FORCE so you dont have to push...
OMG IM SO FREAKING MAD>>>>>>>>

Lets look over this... Here you see the Packing materials. Notice how thick the pad is.

Now, the pad in the plastic case...NOTICE HOW HIGH IT SITS

WITH THE CASE CLOSED WITHOUT CHIP...the top part pushes the foam down... now theres NO ROOM FOR ANYTHING IN BETWEEN... WHY DID THEY STICK A CPU IN THERE WITHOUT PROTECTING THE PINS??????????????????

Monarch didn't do that to you. If what you say is true, it was most likely caused by the packaging process at AMD. Out of the thousands of chips Monarch has sold, this is the first case of this i've seen. You may want to email your concern to Monarch. It seems distasteful to bad mouth them here before seeking a resolution from them privately.

amd ati FO SHO said:
n19htmare said:
Monarch didn't do that to you. If what you say is true, it was most likely caused by the packaging process at AMD. Out of the thousands of chips Monarch has sold, this is the first case of this i've seen. You may want to email your concern to Monarch. It seems distasteful to bad mouth them here before seeking a resolution from them privately.

I don't think AMD ships in individual packing Sir. THey ship in trays. THe vendor then individualy repacks the item and ships it..

Monarch in this case is responsible. im not trying to bad mouth them but letting them know that they need to be MORE carefull.

Thanks for your input.

holy sheet. that foam is huge. my processor's accompanied foam was about 1/4th that size. no bent pins, but i did notice some kind of indents on the IHS. Normal? Shoould i take pics?

mknawabi said:
holy sheet. that foam is huge. my processor's accompanied foam was about 1/4th that size. no bent pins, but i did notice some kind of indents on the IHS. Normal? Shoould i take pics?

I have yet to see a 939 CPU that did not have a flat IHS... What do you mean by indents? like corners? like chips marks in corners are sorta normal. but like a indent in the middle of the IHS is not.

But yes, holy bed sheets was my reply once my eyes feased upon this disaster. THen i saw the foam and then my blood shot to 150C.... the foam is not even Visco Elastic Memory Cell foam developed by NASA :D... just some CHeap pink hard stuff.

n19htmare said:
I have yet to see a 939 CPU that did not have a flat IHS... What do you mean by indents? like corners? like chips marks in corners are sorta normal. but like a indent in the middle of the IHS is not.

But yes, holy bed sheets was my reply once my eyes feased upon this disaster. THen i saw the foam and then my blood shot to 150C.... the foam is not even Visco Elastic Memory Cell foam developed by NASA :D... just some CHeap pink hard stuff.

corners, so i guess its not that big of a deal

Just as a heads up... a friend of mine received a 0608 about a week ago... He has not built his computer yet, so we took a look at his, and the pins all down one side are wavy looks like they had some pressure on them as well.... not even close to as bad as this... but still wavy not at all straight liek the rest of the chip.

Personally I like the OEM cases that had no foam at all. they are a bit smaller, but hold the cpu from the edges, so that it is kinda floating in the package.

SO apparently this is not a one in a million case. everyone should keep an eye out for this... My buddys is fairly minor and will straighten themselves out once inserted in a socket thank god. Ill try get a pic up soon.

**EDIT** I would agree with Nightmare too... I believe the cpus come on a tray and are individually inserted into a plastic oem package at the point of sale. I think monarch gets them like this... This would also explain why we see runs of certin cpu steppings.. like a short run of 0607s, where one whole tray would be the same 0607... and the next 2 or 3 trays might all be 0610 or 0608...
AMD_Tray_Processor.jpg

Also... I am not 100% sure if it will work or not, but I heard you can straighten pins by using a fine point mechanical pencil... empty out the lead so you have the hollow point... stick it carefully on the pin and slowly straighten it out... DO NOT over bend or bend multiple times as it may break off.

I have never tried this so dont take my word for it. :confused:

Back