8800GT - Release Times Today

I LOVE YOU MWAVE!!!

Ok, I take back any threats I made to Mwave. Just earlier today Mwave sent me an email telling me that the card is backordered. So I just checked my order status again for the hell of it and it says SHIPPED, complete with tracking number!

Man, sometimes things just work out nicely. And a $20 savings to boot! :D

Must be nice. Jerks charged me for the card and haven't replied to one mail (using their forms) that I have sent. As such I told them via their webform to cancel it or my bank will do a chargeback (and yes my bank will do so without cost to me - their policy is that if the merchant charges for an item it doesn't have in stock it can be charged back)

Anybody else get the out of stock email from Frys? Theres a rumor that they will be receiving a big shipment this weekend, Im not sure what to do, cancel or wait it out and see what happens.

My local Frys says shipments come Nov2nd (15 each), and Nov5th... don't know how many brands!

I've been following this thread since Monday morning and I would like to tell my experience.

First place I tried to order was NCIXUS when they had the evga superclock up for 239 USD.
I got the feeling they were baiting with the low price, and I would be placed on the backorder list, so I ended up cancelling. (I JUST received a ticket from them confirming that I would have been on the backorder list, if I didn't cancel)

I knew that the egg and zipzoom were the only truly reliable e-tailers in my experience, but I wasn't able to find the brand and the price I wanted from them.

On a whim, because of this thread, I called mwave.com about 6:40 PM eastern time Monday. It showed that they had evga KO's in stock for 269 and I wanted to check to see if they did in fact have them in stock. The guy who answered didn't sound like a professional sales
operator with all the "How may I help you?" bullshit. He just sounded like a dude. Maybe he was a stock manager or something. He confirmed that he had some in stock. I asked him how I would go about placing an order. He said he would take it right over the phone. At first, I was apprehensive- I don't like giving credit card numbers over the phone to a live person, but I figured he was cool. I got a sense that he was right in middle of getting his orders ready to ship and though he didn't say it, I got the feeling he was going to tack my order right on top of it as soon as my credit card cleared.

Well, five hours later I got a fed-ex two-day tracking number and I should be receiving it this morning. I've got to say, if all goes well, mwave has got my business.

I'm shocked that others seem to have had problems with mwave. The dude I talked to was great- and he was better than his word.

I also caught the last PNY 8800 GT on ZipZoom for 249. That is up on ebay right now and hopefully it will defray some of the cost of the evga, as well as the quake wars game that I will be selling.

Got this e-mail from Frys.

Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) are in stock.

Got this e-mail from Frys.

Me three. Maybe I'm just cynical, but something tells me they're trying to make their $230 preorder customers impatient so they cancel, which will let them turn around and sell the incoming cards for $300.

Me three. Maybe I'm just cynical, but something tells me they're trying to make their $230 preorder customers impatient so they cancel, which will let them turn around and sell the incoming cards for $300.

Yep... don't go for the bait, if you have a pending order at that price, keep it :).

mines on the fedex truck for delivery! woot woot

Niiiiceeee. My pair is actually going cross-country much quicker than normal according to tracking, if I'm lucky I may get them tomorrow :eek: !

Must be nice. Jerks charged me for the card and haven't replied to one mail (using their forms) that I have sent. As such I told them via their webform to cancel it or my bank will do a chargeback (and yes my bank will do so without cost to me - their policy is that if the merchant charges for an item it doesn't have in stock it can be charged back)

I'm starting to get pissed as well. I ordered from Mwave about 30 minutes after it went up for sale and still nothing but stall techniques if I inquire. They keep telling me it will ship today no matter what day I call.

For people who ordered from ncixus and either got a backorder email or a shipping number, please include what time you ordered. I ordered at 9:45am PST Monday (and have a E6750 and 2x2GB of 4-4-4-12 DDR2 800 in the same order) and I still haven't heard anything either way.

I think my conscience got ahold of me and told me to wait on buying a new card... I just canceled my order from NCIXUS. I guess having the extra money is a good thing right???

For people who ordered from ncixus and either got a backorder email or a shipping number, please include what time you ordered. I ordered at 9:45am PST Monday (and have a E6750 and 2x2GB of 4-4-4-12 DDR2 800 in the same order) and I still haven't heard anything either way.

You better call them, if you haven't already. Actually, I got service from their webchat, but he wasn't able to tell me if the evga superclock I ordered would ship.

I ordered at the same time as you from NCIXUS. I just received a notice today that I would have been backordered, though I cancelled shortly after placing that order on Monday.

I really believe they exaggerated their stock and used that price to get people to create accounts. I am already, unwittingly, on their "web specials" mailing list.

You better call them, if you haven't already. Actually, I got service from their webchat, but he wasn't able to tell me if the evga superclock I ordered would ship.

I ordered at the same time as you from NCIXUS. I just received a notice today that I would have been backordered, though I cancelled shortly after placing that order on Monday.

I really believe they exaggerated their stock and used that price to get people to create accounts. I am already, unwittingly, on their "web specials" mailing list.

Hm. I opted out of the mailing list thing when I registered, I think. Haven't gotten any spam from them yet. I'm willing to wait a few days to get the card at that price, because I'm waiting on other vendors for my other parts anyway (it's a new build). Speaking of that, I ordered a Shuttle SP35P2 from Mwave because their price was far below anyone else's - it shipped just a couple hours after I ordered. Also, I live in California, so I saved a lot on sales tax on the complete order, including the CPU and RAM, and the low price on the GT, so I'm a little hesitant to cancel.

oh your right...i should download and get ready lol :D

edit: which version is everyone gonna or is using? 169.02 or 169.04 beta?

I've been following this thread since Monday morning and I would like to tell my experience.

First place I tried to order was NCIXUS when they had the evga superclock up for 239 USD.
I got the feeling they were baiting with the low price, and I would be placed on the backorder list, so I ended up cancelling. (I JUST received a ticket from them confirming that I would have been on the backorder list, if I didn't cancel)

I knew that the egg and zipzoom were the only truly reliable e-tailers in my experience, but I wasn't able to find the brand and the price I wanted from them.

On a whim, because of this thread, I called mwave.com about 6:40 PM eastern time Monday. It showed that they had evga KO's in stock for 269 and I wanted to check to see if they did in fact have them in stock. The guy who answered didn't sound like a professional sales
operator with all the "How may I help you?" bullshit. He just sounded like a dude. Maybe he was a stock manager or something. He confirmed that he had some in stock. I asked him how I would go about placing an order. He said he would take it right over the phone. At first, I was apprehensive- I don't like giving credit card numbers over the phone to a live person, but I figured he was cool. I got a sense that he was right in middle of getting his orders ready to ship and though he didn't say it, I got the feeling he was going to tack my order right on top of it as soon as my credit card cleared.

Well, five hours later I got a fed-ex two-day tracking number and I should be receiving it this morning. I've got to say, if all goes well, mwave has got my business.

I'm shocked that others seem to have had problems with mwave. The dude I talked to was great- and he was better than his word.

I also caught the last PNY 8800 GT on ZipZoom for 249. That is up on ebay right now and hopefully it will defray some of the cost of the evga, as well as the quake wars game that I will be selling.
Slightly off topic, but I order from mwave all the time.
I've always had a good experience with them and very prompt delivery. As quick as newegg, but they are handicapped because they only send from California.
I even had a return of an unopened item that they took back with a 100% refund, no questions asked.

Ordered about 20 minutes after you did and got a shipping confirmation at 6:00 pm same day. Originally supposed to get it on the 1st but looks like the 2nd now. At least it is in transit. I would call them for a tracking number.

oh your right...i should download and get ready lol :D

edit: which version is everyone gonna or is using? 169.02 or 169.04 beta?

Drivers are downloaded, my case side door is off....i'm just waiting for the knock on the door...:D

No sooner did I post, antok...did I get the knock!

" While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping...."
" "Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door...' [?]"

"ATi?" Asked I.
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."

Happy Halloween everyone!

Slightly off topic, but I order from mwave all the time.
I've always had a good experience with them and very prompt delivery. As quick as newegg, but they are handicapped because they only send from California.
I even had a return of an unopened item that they took back with a 100% refund, no questions asked.

Only takes a screw up on something big to ruin the name of a small fry like them. Looks like they are going to get a lashing for shitty customer no-service.

Sorry, but these thieves charged my card within minutes (my online banking shows both date AND time) of my order (possible clock difference?) and still have not replied to one inquiry I have made.

Only takes a screw up on something big to ruin the name of a small fry like them. Looks like they are going to get a lashing for shitty customer no-service.

Sorry, but these thieves charged my card within minutes (my online banking shows both date AND time) of my order (possible clock difference?) and still have not replied to one inquiry I have made.

MWave did right by me. I placed a phone order monday night, my evga 8800 GT KO is installed as we speak. I'm going on a few test runs now...

Same here man, I'm going to my bank today to talk to them and see if they can't help me out with these bastards.

No sooner did I post, antok...did I get the knock!

" While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping...."
" "Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door...' [?]"

"ATi?" Asked I.
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."

Happy Halloween everyone!

haha enjoy! im still waiting

any idea when amazon will be shipping these cards out? I pre-ordered one today.

called clubit.com the guy told me that eVGA said they might be getting a shipment next week, but not promises. he said the highest demand is for the SSC version...

Same here man, I'm going to my bank today to talk to them and see if they can't help me out with these bastards.

doesn't it usally take 5-7 business days for your deposits to transfer back into your bank account? When did you order?

Ordered about 20 minutes after you did and got a shipping confirmation at 6:00 pm same day. Originally supposed to get it on the 1st but looks like the 2nd now. At least it is in transit. I would call them for a tracking number.
Son of a. I'll call when they open in 20 minutes, I guess.

My EVGA 8800GT arrived today @ 12:00 pm. Ordered on the 29th at around 4pm for $259 @ NCIX. Weird thing was this card was already sold out the morning of the 29th as everyone was waiting for it, but it seems another 10+ were added that afternoon to the "instock" inventory and managed to secure one of those while they were still $259. After 1h, stock was showing 4, if not none. This one is going into a Lanbox Lite.

My EVGA 8800GT arrived today @ 12:00 pm. Ordered on the 29th at around 4pm for $259 @ NCIX. Weird thing was this card was already sold out the morning of the 29th as everyone was waiting for it, but it seems another 10+ were added that afternoon to the "instock" inventory and managed to secure one of those while they were still $259. After 1h, stock was showing 4, if not none. This one is going into a Lanbox Lite.

Is ncix the same as ncixus? If so, this is pretty shady. If they're skipping people who ordered in the morning at $239 (like me) to ship cards to people who ordered much later at $259 or more (like you), I'll be pissed.

MWAVE sucks!

I placed an internet order on Monday morning. Their website said in stock and said in stock for hours after my order was placed. Called them Tuesday and they said it would ship Tuesday. Called them today (Wednesday) and they say backordered until 11/30. Bullshit!

If I would have known they did not have stock I would have ordered elsewhere!

Yeah that will be my last Mwave order as well. I ordered 30 minutes after they posted it. I called yesterday and was promised it would ship immediately.

Today they tell me my order will ship 11/30 as well.

haha enjoy! im still waiting

It's a pretty decent card. It's 10-15 fps better than my 8800 gts 640 MB in Half-Life ep.2. I haven't run a full 3dmark06 yet, but it's faster, no doubt.

*edit* 10,537 3dmark 06 with my system. I barely got over 9400 with an 8800 gts.

[I also have a core 2 at 2.6 GHz and 3 gigs of RAM.]

What surprised me is how thin it is. It's light as a feather, too. It looks and feels nothing like the beast that is the 8800 GTS. I can't believe i'm getting better performance out of this card.

Supposedly they only process the order after payment clears. So if you ordered @ 9am but your using a credit card that is not registered as a billing address there will additional delays, and your stock might be taken up buy customers with quicker payment options. Still took them an extra day to ship it, but Im glad its here, and thats Vancouver to Montreal overnight air shipped for $8.80. BTW, $259 is a steal considering they actually shipped.

They seemed to be price gouging though. As the supply went down to 4 left, instant rebate disappeared, ie $10 more. Once they actually ran out, the price went back down to $259 since they dont have the stock to lure people at those higher prices. Now its listed @ $279, $20 more than it was initially..

i was charged Monday morning (still said in stock @ this point), and still got back ordered...pretty shady that they fulfilled later orders @ a higher price in lieu of fulfilling orders made earlier in the day.

Supposedly they only process the order after payment clears. So if you ordered @ 9am but your using a credit card that is not registered as a billing address there will additional delays, and your stock might be taken up buy customers with quicker payment options. Still took them an extra day to ship it, but Im glad its here, and thats Vancouver to Montreal overnight air shipped for $8.80. BTW, $259 is a steal considering they actually shipped.

They seemed to be price gouging though. As the supply went down to 4 left, instant rebate disappeared, ie $10 more. Once they actually ran out, the price went back down to $259 since they dont have the stock to lure people at those higher prices. Now its listed @ $279, $20 more than it was initially..

My credit info is valid and correct processes right away. I used it the same day to order other parts for my build from newegg, mwave, and amazon. Maybe NCIXUS keeps a different inventory / processing system than NCIX. Or maybe I fell through the cracks accidentally. Or maybe they're being shady and trying to get people who ordered at $239 to cancel and shipping all the cards to people who ordered at $259 or $279.

The status page says I've completed the "order received," "price verification," and "shipping info verification" steps. Next is "product availability" followed by "credit card verification."

They're not answering their phones yet even though they supposedly opened a half hour ago.

Back