8800GT - Release Times Today

I hate mwave.com now, everyone that works there is a fucking ♥♥♥♥. I called today around 1pm to make sure that I was able to get one from their site, and obviously they told me that I got one and it would be shipping out today. So then I called back around 4pm only to find out that I was placed on backorder so I canceled my order.

I sold my current gpu on ebay in hopes that I would be able to get one, considering I ordered when they were in stock and they were still in stock 30 minutes after I ordered. But no, all of the mwave employees are a bunch of fucking no good liars. So now I'm going to bet without a gpu for at least a week, thanks a lot mwave :mad:

I canceled my order around 4:15 and my money still isn't back in my goddamn bank account. If it isn't there when I wake up in the morning, they're going to be getting one hell of a wake up call.

Yeah mwave fucked me too... but luckily I have something called savings, which makes me not stress in such a crisis. =)

If you were in AZ I'd toss you a card to get you by =/

I canceled my order around 4:15 and my money still isn't back in my goddamn bank account. If it isn't there when I wake up in the morning, they're going to be getting one hell of a wake up call.

I think it takes about 3 business days to make a deposit in your bank account.

Yeah mwave fucked me too... but luckily I have something called savings, which makes me not stress in such a crisis. =)

Thanks for the thought man, I appreciate that. I just paid $1500 to get my car fixed, so thats why I don't have any savings left. I have to wait on them to refund my money to my checking account before I can buy a card from newegg.

Thanks for the thought man, I appreciate that. I just paid $1500 to get my car fixed, so thats why I don't have any savings left. I have to wait on them to refund my money to my checking account before I can buy a card from newegg.

Credit can be a wonderful thing.

This is the hardest time of the year to save... all the good shit comes out + holidays... it gets me every time =./ I start preparing in March, LOL

It can also be a very bad thing. I know too many people that let credit cards ruin their financial status and I don't plan on letting that happen to me at such a young age. I have one credit card, and its for emergencies only.

wow,mwave is getting no love this week,I will take note of this...[dont order from mwave on a highly anticipated item on launch day.] Note taken.

It can also be a very bad thing. I know too many people that let credit cards ruin their financial status and I don't plan on letting that happen to me at such a young age. I have one credit card, and its for emergencies only.

I think it takes about 3 business days to make a deposit in your bank account.

The reason why I'm worried about that is because they never mentioned refunding my money in the cancellation notice they sent me. Another member had his money refunded and they mentioned it in the message they send him. Considering how bad they've screwed up already, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they forgot to refund it :/

Edit: Sorry for double post.

I freaking love newegg!

The total opposite of mwave....I ordered and was told that I was too late to ship same day so I didnt pay any extra for rush but still paid for next day. Well, I just got my tracking number and I am getting my card TOMORROW!!!!!
Never again I will betray you EGG never. :D

I freaking love newegg!

The total opposite of mwave....I ordered and was told that I was too late to ship same day so I didnt pay any extra for rush but still paid for next day. Well, I just got my tracking number and I am getting my card TOMORROW!!!!!

As soon was shitwave refunds my money, I'm buying any 8800gt from newegg I can get my hands on.

I freaking love newegg!

Nice, I have my tracking info too but since I only ordered 3-day shipping and it's coming from CA, I won't see my two cards until Friday. Complete opposite of a bunch of other vendors I tried, business as usual for the 'egg. I gladly will pay a small premium in the future of $10-20/card to enjoy quick shipping, no flaming hoops to jump through, no rude CSR's with no clue what they're talking about, and lying vendors claiming they have stock when they actually don't to try to lock you into ordering with them. Plus, if anything happens such as damage in shipping, or a DOA card (EEK!!!!), I know newegg will take care of me. The others, not so sure :(.

As soon was shitwave refunds my money, I'm buying any 8800gt from newegg I can get my hands on.

unfortunately after the initial shipment (50,000 units) the next several shipments are going to be small as the manufacturers ramp up for the higher priced cards coming in february.

Sure can be.... if you like paying for using your own money. Stupid credit, I love it but I hate it.

I get paid for using my own money: cashback rewards. In the last year I've made about $140 in pure profit, haven't paid a cent in interest.

unfortunately after the initial shipment (50,000 units) the next several shipments are going to be small as the manufacturers ramp up for the higher priced cards coming in february.

Thats why I'll be stalking newegg every hour to make sure I don't miss out on it again.

Read that off FudZilla? Sure sounds it, in fact, it sure IS where you read it, I saw the same article :p. Now, it happens to not be entirely untrue, but it's not as dire as it sounds... the shipments will be small but many, and they will dart in-and-out-of-stock rapidly.

Read that off FudZilla? Sure sounds it, in fact, it sure IS where you read it, I saw the same article :p. Now, it happens to not be entirely untrue, but it's not as dire as it sounds... the shipments will be small but many, and they will dart in-and-out-of-stock rapidly.

actually, i thought i had just made it up, but if you say so, fudzilla it is. you cant believe any of the shit i type. i am just screwing around with the guys who are heartbroken because they didnt get a card on day one.

Nice, I have my tracking info too but since I only ordered 3-day shipping and it's coming from CA, I won't see my two cards until Friday. Complete opposite of a bunch of other vendors I tried, business as usual for the 'egg. I gladly will pay a small premium in the future of $10-20/card to enjoy quick shipping, no flaming hoops to jump through, no rude CSR's with no clue what they're talking about, and lying vendors claiming they have stock when they actually don't to try to lock you into ordering with them. Plus, if anything happens such as damage in shipping, or a DOA card (EEK!!!!), I know newegg will take care of me. The others, not so sure :(.

Love the egg, you know why?

1. If you need to RMA/Refund - They will PAY for your shipping back. Get a CSR to make you a label in Live Chat.
2. When our EVGA 8800GT KO's depreciate and lower to $260 or whatever, we call/email and get a price adjustment within 30 days (YMMV)
3. We get a 1 year return feature on everything we buy.
4. If they can't RMA or if the RMA gets returned to sender--you get 100% refund.
5. Shipping is FAST and always beats expectations.

Anyway, mine will come Thursday most likely. It's in CA now, but it'd probably arrive in CT tomorrow, and get delivered to MA Thurs. They say

Ship date 10/30/2007
Estimated delivery 11/02/2007

But it usually comes a day before. I won't care if it's Friday either I got exams and hw haha.

actually, i thought i had just made it up, but if you say so, fudzilla it is. you cant believe any of the shit i type. i am just screwing around with the guys who are heartbroken because they didnt get a card on day one.

I knew that the shipments weren't going to be as far apart as you were making it sound. Nvidia has one hot card on their hands and I'm sure they'll be rushing them out asap.

I'm not really heartbroken that I didn't get a card the first day, I'm more pissed off that I was lied to repeatedly from the associates of shitwave.com

Ok right now I've got the following.

ClubIT: EVGA SC $272 shipped "pending for shipment"
Fry's: BFG OC $250 shipped "partial backorder"

Whichever ships first I will take - most likely ClubIT since Fry's pre-order has been a mess. Would be a bit frustrating if both cards happened to ship on the same day. If that's the case... well the best overclocker would be the one I'd keep.

Hahaha :p funny!

EDIT: NOT!

Are you really that bored? Get a life, man.
No one is heartbroken, its all about business. And if you are in the business of making money, you don't lie to your customers. Plenty of other places that will not lie to me, and I'll gladly give my money to.

This has nothing to do with video cards. Its about customer care, which mwave apparently does not care about.

Yeah, the worst part about mwave was that they called me to verify the charge for an item they knew wasn't even in stock. Proceeded to charge me after verification over the phone, and told me it would be shipping that evening...

Called them again and they tell me its backordered, even though it was clearly in stock when I purchased.

Ludicrous.

Canceled the order from mwave and grabbed an 8800gt K0 from newegg when they went up this afternoon. Already have a tracking number, and it will be here on Thursday. I won't be ordering from mwave again.

good luck with your search all.

Well I got my backorder email from mwave. :(

In the email it estimates the 6th as the next shipment. I'll wait it out. You know why? Because I paid $269 for the KO, and the price has since been jacked up to $289. Not like I'm DYING for a video card either, but I'm still pissed that I paid 2 day shipping for an item that I now have to wait for.

Pulled the trigger on the EVGA Superclocked version yesterday at about 11:00AM EDT from Mwave. Canceled the order today when I called to verify shipment and was told they were out of stock. I'll wait a bit till the prices drop and go with the Egg as always. Live and learn.

Well I got my backorder email from mwave. :(

In the email it estimates the 6th as the next shipment. I'll wait it out. You know why? Because I paid $269 for the KO, and the price has since been jacked up to $289. Not like I'm DYING for a video card either, but I'm still pissed that I paid 2 day shipping for an item that I now have to wait for.

I was told on the phone today that they wouldn't be getting anymore until the 30th of November, thats why I canceled my order. So great, now I'm even more pissed off that I was lied too yet again from the almighty shitwave.

Hell, I guess I'll just wait until Newegg has them in stock again and I'll pay their jacked up prices to get the card. I know they won't be dropping anytime soon and I don't have the patience to wait a month for them to do so considering I won't have a gpu tomorrow :/

ooookay, quick question....this card spec's better then the 8800gts and yet it costs 100 dollars less....will we see a huge price cut on the 8800gts's or what?

ooookay, quick question....this card spec's better then the 8800gts and yet it costs 100 dollars less....will we see a huge price cut on the 8800gts's or what?

Knowing Nvidia, they'll probably keep the 8800gts's at the same price they are right now. I'm sure plenty of people will see the higher price and still buy the gts over the gt just because of the higher price tag. Hell if I was Nvidia, I would do the same thing.

Even though there's a $20 price gouge on the EVGA KO on Newegg, you know you can always price adjust if it falls 20 bucks later. Just a suggestion.

I ordered 2 EVGA 8800GT KO's from newegg, rush processing, 3 day shipping--it will be here on Friday. But I did pay a premium: $591 total

Even though there's a $20 price gouge on the EVGA KO on Newegg, you know you can always price adjust if it falls 20 bucks later. Just a suggestion.

I ordered 2 EVGA 8800GT KO's from newegg, rush processing, 3 day shipping--it will be here on Friday. But I did pay a premium: $591 total

Same, but no rush processing :eek:.

Are you really that bored? Get a life, man.
No one is heartbroken, its all about business. And if you are in the business of making money, you don't lie to your customers. Plenty of other places that will not lie to me, and I'll gladly give my money to.

This has nothing to do with video cards. Its about customer care, which mwave apparently does not care about.

thats telling me!!!

Ok right now I've got the following.

ClubIT: EVGA SC $272 shipped "pending for shipment"
Fry's: BFG OC $250 shipped "partial backorder"

Whichever ships first I will take - most likely ClubIT since Fry's pre-order has been a mess. Would be a bit frustrating if both cards happened to ship on the same day. If that's the case... well the best overclocker would be the one I'd keep.

Send the other one to me, im poor :(

:)

ClubIT has provided a tracking number for me. :D

But the estimate delivery date is November 3rd, which is a Saturday. If it arrives at a Fedex location near me this weekend I will have to go pick it up. I'm pretty sure they don't deliver on weekends. And I don't think I've ever had a package go from CA to NJ in less than 3 days using standard shipping. So that just means I may to cut class on Monday or Tuesday. It's for a good cause.

I LOVE YOU MWAVE!!!

Ok, I take back any threats I made to Mwave. Just earlier today Mwave sent me an email telling me that the card is backordered. So I just checked my order status again for the hell of it and it says SHIPPED, complete with tracking number!

Man, sometimes things just work out nicely. And a $20 savings to boot! :D

Just did the eVGA Step-Up with my 8800 GTS 320mb, currently #308 in queue. :D

Only going to set me back $13 for S/H for a nice performance increase. In the mean time I gotta shop for a new mobo since I snapped my Gigabyte in half.

Dang, #308 in queue reminds me of when I did my step-up from a 7800GT to a 7900GTX.

I swear it took EVGA damn near a month to send out the 7900GTX.

Back