8800GT - Release Times Today

Well since I got screwed over by shitwave, I am now without a gpu. I'll have to use my laptop until I can find an evga superclocked on newegg. Knowing my luck, they'll be sold out by the time I find out they have them in stock.

me too. been using shiity laptop since oct 22 when i sold my GTX. and by the looks of things, i wont get my GT until end of nov. i wonder if the xpress 1100 can handle TF2??

boxed.jpg

8800GT.jpg

800gt.jpg
:p:p:p:p

I had my 2 8800gt's supposed to be delivered today, but the UPS driver had other ideas. My wife was home all morning, no ups, at lunch I check the tracking, and it says "nobody home to receive blah blah blah". Called TBH and she says no ups truck stopped. :mad:

After a little googleing I get the number for the local hub and start bitching, lady says she will call back after she talks to driver, but she cant imagine how this could happen:rolleyes:

She calls back and says the driver is out of my area, and will deliver it first thing tomorrow. :mad: I told her I live less than a mile from the hub, and doesnt the driver have to bring his truck back there at the end of the shift?? And that I paid for 2nd day air, not 3 day air!! She responded that all she knows, and good day Sir.

Tomorrow I will call back and talk to a supervisor, though it probably wont do any good.

well i bit the bullet bought the one from clubit... they owed me 85 bucks for some ram return that was a LONG story. so i spoke to the returns rep and said "look, do me a favor, I went through alot of shit with you guys, over night the card for free and maybe lower the price a tad?" got free overnight and 20 bucks off. so not so bad

Was going to pull the trigger on the egg for the ASUS EN8800GT, figured the 30-40 dollars was worth it, plus I've got a company of heroes disk in there I can give to a friend.

By the time I hit "add to cart" it had already jumped to 300 dollars. I decided "no thanks", and will wait for the thing to settle a bit.

Seriously the prices are just retarded right now, and the fact that newegg is sold out is another reason why im hella pissed !

ANYone Oc the card yet ? Whats the max oc you guys get ?

Seriously the prices are just retarded right now, and the fact that newegg is sold out is another reason why im hella pissed !

ANYone Oc the card yet ? Whats the max oc you guys get ?

I've seen 777 on water for core clock using the DD block.

I highly doubt the prices are going to drop anytime soon. Whenever newegg has the superclocked evga 8800gt in stock, I'm just going to suck it up and buy it for $280.

Newegg has been getting shipments of all different brand of cards in today, I'm hoping they'll get some more evga's soon. They just sold out of the xfx version again.

I highly doubt the prices are going to drop anytime soon. Whenever newegg has the superclocked evga 8800gt in stock, I'm just going to suck it up and buy it for $280.

Newegg has been getting shipments of all different brand of cards in today, I'm hoping they'll get some more evga's soon. They just sold out of the xfx version again.

You can buy the evga (reg or OCed) from their site, its $269 for reg and $279 for OC irrc.

You can buy the evga (reg or OCed) from their site, its $269 for reg and $279 for OC irrc.

Yeah I know, but I'm not too fond of paying $10 for UPS ground when I can buy one from newegg for the same price and then get 3 day shipping for around $7. I know beggers can't be choosers, but I'll do what I want :)

Yeah I know, but I'm not too fond of paying $10 for UPS ground when I can buy one from newegg for the same price and then get 3 day shipping for around $7. I know beggers can't be choosers, but I'll do what I want :)

They say you can't have your cake and eat it too.....but i ate the whole damn thing.

They say you can't have your cake and eat it too.....but i ate the whole damn thing.

Yeah yeah, I'm just going to wait patiently for them to come back in stock at newegg. But if mwave hasn't refunded my money by tomorrow, I'm going to have my bank get the money for me.

Hehehe... well waiting to get faster shipping rather than buying now will probably end up with getting your product at the same time :D

For people who ordered from ncixus and either got a backorder email or a shipping number, please include what time you ordered. I ordered at 9:45am PST Monday (and have a E6750 and 2x2GB of 4-4-4-12 DDR2 800 in the same order) and I still haven't heard anything either way.

I ordered the eVGA 8800GT Superclocked ($249) from NCIXUS at about 12:30PM PDT on Monday, and just got this response from them:

Dated Oct 31, 2007 at 03:51 PM reply from Ncix Support
Hi Alacrity,
Currently your order is on backorder but we are expected to receive another shipment in this Friday. Hopefully the next shipment will have enough stock to fill your order but at this point we cannot make any guarantees. Once stock has been verified for your order it will be processed and shipped out. Thanks!
========================
Thanks for choosing NCIX!
David Gold
Customer Care
Netlink Computers Inc./NCIX.com

So I'm a little disappointed I didn't get one of the first wave, but no biggie. I'll just keep playing Lego Star Wars until it gets here... :D

I had my 2 8800gt's supposed to be delivered today, but the UPS driver had other ideas. My wife was home all morning, no ups, at lunch I check the tracking, and it says "nobody home to receive blah blah blah". Called TBH and she says no ups truck stopped. :mad:

After a little googleing I get the number for the local hub and start bitching, lady says she will call back after she talks to driver, but she cant imagine how this could happen:rolleyes:

She calls back and says the driver is out of my area, and will deliver it first thing tomorrow. :mad: I told her I live less than a mile from the hub, and doesnt the driver have to bring his truck back there at the end of the shift?? And that I paid for 2nd day air, not 3 day air!! She responded that all she knows, and good day Sir.

Tomorrow I will call back and talk to a supervisor, though it probably wont do any good.

I hate UPS with a steaming passion for crap like this.

If the UPS guy had truly stopped by your house, he should had left you a slip indicating that he attempted a delivery. With the slip he left you, you could had gone to their warehouse and pick up the item(s). Even though you live just a couple miles from the place, doesn't mean they'll deliver your items first, trust me, I live within 10 miles from a warehouse and they don't deliver until the day shift is almost over which is around 6pm and that's with Next Day Air Saver.

If the UPS guy had truly stopped by your house, he should had left you a slip indicating that he attempted a delivery. With the slip he left you, you could had gone to their warehouse and pick up the item(s). Even though you live just a couple miles from the place, doesn't mean they'll deliver your items first, trust me, I live within 10 miles from a warehouse and they don't deliver until the day shift is almost over which is around 6pm and that's with Next Day Air Saver.

Thats just it, he didnt stop, therefore he couldn't leave the info slip. The driver lied to make up time, plain , and simple.

Thats just it, he didnt stop, therefore he couldn't leave the info slip. The driver lied to make up time, plain , and simple.

that happened to me twice, but you have to remember these guys are human and make mistakes like the rest of us,theres a good chance he just misplaced your item on his truck or forgot to load it on his hand truck.With me they delivered the next day same time as always.

Oh wow, so Mwave has "IN STOCK" the exact same card that I had to cancel this afternoon because they weren't going to be able to ship it until 11/30...

So basically this is absolute confirmation that they simply decided $300 was more appropriate than $256 so they screwed the people that purchased before their gouging.

Many of these smaller e-tailers are bait and switch. They'll do anything to get you to set up an account. I'm already on NCIXUS mailing list and I unchecked the box that asked me if I wanted to receive emails from them. Glad I cancelled my order with them before they charged me or I would have been sitting around griping about how I got screwed like some of you are.

That's why we love newegg so much. No BS. Mostly. I would order from them everytime, but the sales tax gets my goat.

Yeah and to get on the phone with Mwave today to be told my order will ship 11/30, and then to offer the product as in stock that very same day for an extra $50. Sure they have made an extra couple of bucks today but that type of shit will seriously cost you in the long run.

Yeah and to get on the phone with Mwave today to be told my order will ship 11/30, and then to offer the product as in stock that very same day for an extra $50. Sure they have made an extra couple of bucks today but that type of shit will seriously cost you in the long run.

Yeah, I agree. But they sure as heck didn't lose my business. A day and half from Cali to NJ with ten dollar two day shipping and no tax? mwave rocks!

For me, it's as if I bought it from NewEgg for 239. I would have paid 280 by the time I was done with tax and shipping and they probably would have shipped the next day. I got better than same-day shipping from mwave....That's good stuff.:D

Remember, they all do it. NewEgg's prices jumped the first day. I also bought a PNY 8800 GT the same day from ZipZoom for 249, an extra 2.99 for 2-day shipping (and no tax....love the zipzoom, too).
An hour later they were selling it for 299.

The only difference btw. ZipZoom, NewEgg and Mwave, was that mwave perhaps lies about their stock to bait people.

It is a pretty cruddy thing to do, though. I agree. I especially feel for those who paid from their bank accounts and haven't received their refunds. Those dudes can't even buy from somewhere else because their money is tied up. That's why I always use a credit card. Caveat Emptor, I suppose. I guess i'm lucky that things worked out well for me.

I think someone started a mwave haters club on another forum somewhere. If you guys that got burned can put out enough negative press, perhaps you can convince these guys to amend their ways.

I'm very concerned with what I've seen today with mwave.

Classic Bait and Switch which is illegal.

As you guys get these could you check for a buzzing/screeching sound? A few of us are having issues and I'd like to see if just a bad couple of cards or a larger issue that needs to be addressed.

It's not that, they aren't cooler, it's the single slot fan in use

You think this thing would run cooler than GTX/Ultra if it used the same fan?

I doubt it. It's clocked higher than both in most specs.

Interesting that they'd do that, however

Honestly, what kind of sales company (other than the greedy / shady kind) goes into business without ensuring that their customer service is top notch. It's their life and blood. If they piss off the customers, they go away. If they have no customers...well, that's where their money comes from. I thought it was taught in sales 101...

Thats why I love NewEgg, I've never had an issue with them, but I've run into numerous situations (a lot of them personally) where they went above and beyond what most companies will do for the customer. I ordered my GT monday afternoon, partly because it was OOS everywhere else but mostly because I didn't want to deal with any issues with an unfamiliar company. NewEgg couldn't verify my address for some reason (CC company, I think), and it didn't get fixed until the next day. In the meantime, the GT went OOS. They could have given my GT to somebody else, but they didn't. I called the next morning, and literally less than 30 seconds after I dialed their number I was on the line with a cute sounding customer service rep and she was telling me it was in the process of being boxed for shipping. A few hours later, I got my tracking number. It'll be here friday :)

Sorry to hear about all the issues everybody else is having, I'm not trying to cheapen your experience by telling how well mine went. I'll keep these stories in mind for future shopping, of course. Hope you all get the cards soon :)

Got to love NewEgg for JACKING THEIR PRICES too eh?

Sorry, they are just opportunist who were lucky enough to have stock. Some cards have risen forty bucks on their site since release. Go figure.

that happened to me twice, but you have to remember these guys are human and make mistakes like the rest of us,theres a good chance he just misplaced your item on his truck or forgot to load it on his hand truck.With me they delivered the next day same time as always.

Yeah, but the driver doesnt have to listen to my better half bitch about staying home that morning to wait for the package, as I asked her to do. :p For that UPS must pay;):D

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?&scriteria=AA72272

i dont feel like paying 300 bucks for super clocked.. screw Mwave

As if anyone needed proof to what MWAVE was up to? They simply did not fill any orders placed early for the RIGHT price. They charged all those people that ordered over the net, took the items they paid for and turned around selling them at a much higher price. Basically bait and switch with a twist - keep the early buyers money while they extort money from others who were willing to overpay.

Lovely, I know what site I will always recommend people to stay away from

NCIX keeps raising their price too, hourly it seems. I'll wait for the hype to die down and probably get one on sale somewhere later. Have to make sure there are no manufacturing defects with these cards like there was with my 7900GT. On on my second 7900GT RMA now so that bargain price I paid ain't such a bargain anymore once I incorporate my shipping costs for two RMA's into it. My 360 has been more reliable than the 7900GT, and that says a lot.

One of the MWAVE reps responsded on their forums to some of irate customers claiming that they were filling orders - unfortunately for her too many of us know they only filled orders at the higher price and jacked all those who got the right price - the first price.

Funny how on forums around the industry people who got tracking numbers and filled orders paid 270 -300; some of which ordered TUESDAY!

Dishonest company.

Back