8800GT - Release Times Today

I just talked to the guy. He says I'm back-ordered :mad: He says they might get a new shipment Friday. He says that their policy is to ship them first-come first-served and he doesn't know why people who ordered cards Monday afternoon are getting theirs ahead of me.

Well.. those extra cards later on in the day might have been canceled or incorrect payment stock. Maybe some guys that ordered early weren't able to pass payment and the stock was returned to inventory, to be very quickly gobbled up.

Going to crack open the case and get this GT installed!

Cancelled my order with MWAVE.

Seems they too only filled later orders which were at a higher price. Go figure.

They charged my card when I place the order, within minutes. They then did not reply to ANY email I sent until I told them I was going to have my bank do a charge back unless I got reply - they finally replied with a cancel - meaning it never shipped or was going to.

Hope the idiots like their name in the mud

Cancelled my order with MWAVE.

Seems they too only filled later orders which were at a higher price. Go figure.

They charged my card when I place the order, within minutes. They then did not reply to ANY email I sent until I told them I was going to have my bank do a charge back unless I got reply - they finally replied with a cancel - meaning it never shipped or was going to.

Hope the idiots like their name in the mud

Oh that's what must've happened. I was wondering why everyone seemed to be getting screwed by mwave. I paid 269 for mine from them. 10 bucks for two-day shipping and no tax is much better than what the egg would have charged me. Couldn't have been happier with the service. I guess you get what you pay for.

What bullshit.

I was so upset, I just called the Kansas Attorney Generals Consumer Dept and requested the paperwork so that I can file a complaint against Mwave.com.

I was told that it doesn't take but a handful of consumers to comlain before the State of Kansas take action and talk to Mwave.com.

basically, 1) selling a product they do not have is illegal 2) taking payment for a product they do not have is illegal 3) Doing this to a large group of people is illegal. I forgot what else the woman told me over the phone. One of the the things she said is lots of companies have these shady business practices and are warned all the time by the state of kansas and other states on a day to day basis.

I will never ever again do business with Mwave.com.

This is the 3rd and final time this exact same thing has happened to me.

I never ever fucking get emails when I buy a product from mwave.com NEVER. All I get is that my card has been charged and I think they do that because it's some federal law.

Several months ago I bought a Westinghouse 37" from them and paid for overnight shipping, 3 days go by, yes .. THREE DAYS .... and I am forced to call asking where my $1100 TV is and a woman told me that is clearly says on their website orders do not ship for 24 - 48 hours. I never saw that I told her. Then I asked what could be the hold up on a product I ordered and a payment that had cleared instantly. She had no reply. I cancelled my order then as well.

Same thing on a CPU I bought and needed overnight, again, nothing 3 days later.

Screw Mwave.com

What bullshit.

I was so upset, I just called the Kansas Attorney Generals Consumer Dept and requested the paperwork so that I can file a complaint against Mwave.com.

I was told that it doesn't take but a handful of consumers to comlain before the State of Kansas take action and talk to Mwave.com.

basically, 1) selling a product they do not have is illegal 2) taking payment for a product they do not have is illegal 3) Doing this to a large group of people is illegal. I forgot what else the woman told me over the phone. One of the the things she said is lots of companies have these shady business practices and are warned all the time by the state of kansas and other states on a day to day basis.

I never ever fucking get emails when I buy a product from mwave.com NEVER. All I get is that my card has been charged and I think they do that because it's some federal law.

Several months ago I bought a Westinghouse 37" from them and paid for overnight shipping, 3 days go by, yes .. THREE DAYS .... and I am forced to call asking where my $1100 TV is and a woman told me that is clearly says on their website orders do not ship for 24 - 48 hours. I never saw that I told her. Then I asked what could be the hold up on a product I ordered and a payment that had cleared instantly. She had no reply. I cancelled my order then as well.

Screw Mwave.com

The Kansas attorney general's office is going to take that complaint and file it in the circular file. Rosalita the cleaning lady will be using it to stuff her shoe when her bunyans start to ache.

Honestly, what kind of sales company (other than the greedy / shady kind) goes into business without ensuring that their customer service is top notch. It's their life and blood. If they piss off the customers, they go away. If they have no customers...well, that's where their money comes from. I thought it was taught in sales 101...

Thats why I love NewEgg, I've never had an issue with them, but I've run into numerous situations (a lot of them personally) where they went above and beyond what most companies will do for the customer. I ordered my GT monday afternoon, partly because it was OOS everywhere else but mostly because I didn't want to deal with any issues with an unfamiliar company. NewEgg couldn't verify my address for some reason (CC company, I think), and it didn't get fixed until the next day. In the meantime, the GT went OOS. They could have given my GT to somebody else, but they didn't. I called the next morning, and literally less than 30 seconds after I dialed their number I was on the line with a cute sounding customer service rep and she was telling me it was in the process of being boxed for shipping. A few hours later, I got my tracking number. It'll be here friday :)

Sorry to hear about all the issues everybody else is having, I'm not trying to cheapen your experience by telling how well mine went. I'll keep these stories in mind for future shopping, of course. Hope you all get the cards soon :)

What bullshit.

Screw Mwave.com

wow you need to get a life and get laid.

Like I said before, I've purchased about 1000 or better dollars from mwave.
They have always sent out my stuff the same day.
I did get emails informing me the item had shipped.
I bought a B3 Q6600 from them, 1 day later ordered a G0 from ClubIT. When the B3 arrived at my house, I sent it back to mwave, unopened, and they promptly credited my account, no questions asked.

The problem right now is demand has very much out-stripped supply. All of the etailers probably have people ordering and cancelling orders so fast they cant keep things straight. Everybody always gets in a frenzy over these new GPUs and acts like they are life and death or something.
Nobody is happy unless they get the OMG SSCOC'd gold edition card for 5 bucks less at one place over the other.
Its a graphics card for crying out loud.

The lady at shitwave told me today that my money had been credited back to my account, and I still haven't seen a single penny of my $267 that they owe me. I would buy one from evga but no, shitwave fucked me over and I don't have the money to buy one.

Honestly, what kind of sales company (other than the greedy / shady kind) goes into business without ensuring that their customer service is top notch. It's their life and blood. If they piss off the customers, they go away. If they have no customers...well, that's where their money comes from. I thought it was taught in sales 101...

Thats why I love NewEgg, I've never had an issue with them, but I've run into numerous situations (a lot of them personally) where they went above and beyond what most companies will do for the customer. I ordered my GT monday afternoon, partly because it was OOS everywhere else but mostly because I didn't want to deal with any issues with an unfamiliar company. NewEgg couldn't verify my address for some reason (CC company, I think), and it didn't get fixed until the next day. In the meantime, the GT went OOS. They could have given my GT to somebody else, but they didn't. I called the next morning, and literally less than 30 seconds after I dialed their number I was on the line with a cute sounding customer service rep and she was telling me it was in the process of being boxed for shipping. A few hours later, I got my tracking number. It'll be here friday :)

Sorry to hear about all the issues everybody else is having, I'm not trying to cheapen your experience by telling how well mine went. I'll keep these stories in mind for future shopping, of course. Hope you all get the cards soon :)

Completely agree... it's sad that people don't EXPECT top-notch customer service nowadays due to how bad most are. RipBoomLie comes to mind (zzf) as a bad one. Newegg is one of the, if not the, best ones I've ever dealt with and have been the entire time I've shopped with them (6+ years now). *NEVER* even a *hint* of an issue with any problems (rare) that I have had with any orders, they just plain take care of you to any reasonable amount you would ever hope for. I cancelled my orders after getting messed by a couple of unfamiliar companies on these cards that had them for cheaper... wish I had gone with the 'egg in the first place like I did in the end. My cards shipped within 3 hours, and I had a tracking number in 5, for my order for two KO eVGA 512mb 8800GT cards. They are probably coming tomorrow according to tracking even though delivery is "scheduled" for Friday. :)

Oh that's what must've happened. I was wondering why everyone seemed to be getting screwed by mwave. I paid 269 for mine from them. 10 bucks for two-day shipping and no tax is much better than what the egg would have charged me. Couldn't have been happier with the service. I guess you get what you pay for.

So what if they took your order, took your money, then offered them for $289 later in the day and filled them instead? It's clearly not a "get what you paid for" deal. People paid what they asked then they (allegedly) sold them to people who ordered later at a higher price instead and backordered the ones that got a better deal until 11/30, knowing they would cancel.

Do we need to tip now on online orders, just to make sure they get filled?

LawGiver , Its easy to talk nonsense when you are not the one having to deal with that BS from mwave....

So what if they took your order, took your money, then offered them for $289 later in the day and filled them instead? It's clearly not a "get what you paid for" deal. People paid what they asked then they (allegedly) sold them to people who ordered later at a higher price instead and backordered the ones that got a better deal until 11/30, knowing they would cancel.

Do we need to tip now on online orders, just to make sure they get filled?

Let's put it this way... I used to deliver pizza. There were some areas of the neighborhood I knew I was getting a tip and there other parts of the neighborhood where I knew I wasn't getting a tip. You can bet your cheap bottom dollar, that if I had five deliveries to take on a busy friday night all at once, the ones I knew that weren't going to tip, would be eating cold pizza that night for sure.

Maybe mwave didn't set out to screw those who got in early and cheap. All I know is, I paid a modest 269 over the phone at 6:40 PM eastern time and I had a tracking number five hours later. If i'm the stock supervisor, and my job depends on maximizing profits from web sales, and I have 300 orders for 269 and 200 orders for 239 for the same item, the 269's are going first.

Like I said, whether its advertised or not.... you get what you pay for.

Never owned a leadtek before but i do now!

3 year warranty so long as it's not OCed I assume?

Let's put it this way... I used to deliver pizza. There were some areas of the neighborhood I knew I was getting a tip and there other parts of the neighborhood where I knew I wasn't getting a tip. You can bet your cheap bottom dollar, that if I had five deliveries to take on a busy friday night all at once, the ones I knew that weren't going to tip, would be eating cold pizza that night for sure.

Maybe mwave didn't set out to screw those who got in early and cheap. All I know is, I paid a modest 269 over the phone at 6:40 PM eastern time and I had a tracking number five hours later. If i'm the stock supervisor, and my job depends on maximizing profits from web sales, and I have 300 orders for 269 and 200 orders for 239 for the same item, the 269's are going first.

Like I said, whether its advertised or not.... you get what you pay for.

Doesn't change taht it's scuzzy.

Doesn't change taht it's scuzzy.

Many of these smaller e-tailers are bait and switch. They'll do anything to get you to set up an account. I'm already on NCIXUS mailing list and I unchecked the box that asked me if I wanted to receive emails from them. Glad I cancelled my order with them before they charged me or I would have been sitting around griping about how I got screwed like some of you are.

That's why we love newegg so much. No BS. Mostly. I would order from them everytime, but the sales tax gets my goat.

I just got my order shipped from clubit.com

I ordered yesterday and it shipped today.

Hopefully I get my cash back from mwave, or I'll be furious. I've ordered from them before so I don't think they'd try and jack cash =) Otherwise, they'll have a law suit on their hands =P

I just got my order shipped from clubit.com

I ordered yesterday and it shipped today.

Hopefully I get my cash back from mwave, or I'll be furious. I've ordered from them before so I don't think they'd try and jack cash =) Otherwise, they'll have a law suit on their hands =P

You'll get the money back. Or even better, maybe you'll get the item. Then you can sell it. I ordered one from ZipZoom as a back-up to mwave and I have it on ebay. So far, i've gotten over 1150 hits on the listing- in one day. That's more than i've ever gotten on any of my listings for any length of time. There's a lot of interest in this card, hopefully I will get a nice price for it :D

Why would people buy it from ebay for a ridiculous price and with no warranty?

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVGA-NVIDIA-880...ryZ40161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I cashed in a warranty from evga a few years ago for used a FX5700 Ultra I bought on ebay.
The guy obviously OC'd the hell of it and it was artifacting.
eVga knew it was used and they still honored the warranty and sent me a new one. That's why I buy eVga whenever I can.

I am strongly considering selling my 8800GT for $330 after I paid $265 for it. I should have bought 10 of them and made $700 =P

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
wow you need to get a life and get laid.

Exactly! Only lonely, pathetic geeks care about being screwed by potentially illegal business practices and, worse yet, actually doing anything about it. Us married, f*cked silly manly men, though...we're the ones that like to patrol forums telling people off for posting these stories that could potentially serve as a warning to others. Lets tell him, LawGiver!

I would be seriously pissed and kicking myself if the $229 price point does not return soon, or at least comes damn close. I'm not paying freaking $280 for the same card that sold for $50 cheaper at launch, I'm not that desperate, even with an 6800gt :(

I would be seriously pissed and kicking myself if the $229 price point does not return soon, or at least comes damn close. I'm not paying freaking $280 for the same card that sold for $50 cheaper at launch, I'm not that desperate, even with an 6800gt :(

Actually, it was $250-260 almost everywhere.

+1
Still waiting..

Well since I got screwed over by shitwave, I am now without a gpu. I'll have to use my laptop until I can find an evga superclocked on newegg. Knowing my luck, they'll be sold out by the time I find out they have them in stock.

Well since I got screwed over by shitwave, I am now without a gpu. I'll have to use my laptop until I can find an evga superclocked on newegg. Knowing my luck, they'll be sold out by the time I find out they have them in stock.

Be patient. I am in your shoes. As soon as see OCed evga on newegg, I will grab it.

Back