8800GT - Release Times Today

Which would be best for the money, stock, superclocked, KO, or SSC? Would it be best to just get a superclocked and overclock to around 700? Would that need additional cooling? And which place to order from?

Difference from stock to SSC is around $70.

You figure, $300 and you got the SSC, save $20 and get KO and OC to it.

or spend $260 and get the Superclocked shipped and clock it to SSC.

Either way, it's all AMOO. Some people want top end... some people want to OC... whatever works for you.

Newegg has them in stock, they are reliable but $20-40 more than most places.

Difference from stock to SSC is around $70.

You figure, $300 and you got the SSC, save $20 and get KO and OC to it.

or spend $260 and get the Superclocked shipped and clock it to SSC.

Either way, it's all AMOO. Some people want top end... some people want to OC... whatever works for you.

Newegg has them in stock, they are reliable but $20-40 more than most places.

Thanks, I'm looking to get a EVGA so i can get ETQW. I went to newegg and they're all on auto-notify :(

out of curiousity to those that got their's from NCIX US & got shipping conformation, when did you order your card? Just wondering, bc I ordered mine before noon CST and I got backordered :(

Ordered from NCIX.com

About 7:45 AM PST on Monday.

Shipping confirmed just today.

Thanks, I'm looking to get a EVGA so i can get ETQW. I went to newegg and they're all on auto-notify :(

Yeah, they ran out a few ago quickly. They should be back soon, keep tabs on it often. I agree with dhahlen, by the way, regarding the pre-oc'd/non-oc'd versions, they *generally* clock the same when overclocking. I bought my KO because it was the only one in-stock and I figure I have a safety net + slightly nicer resale value later.

Why yes, yes I do:

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=16562&catid=2

Original source was the lowyat.net forums, pre-release.

Judging from those scores.... my AMD 6000+ has consistently scored around 2350 in CPU tests

So I add 7500+8000+2350 = 17350 with overclocking in SLI (KO edition pushed to 725/2000)

ok maybe 16800-17000 but whatever! haha

My single GTS score: 10093-10300
SM 2.0: 4700~
SM3/HDR: 4600~
CPU: ~2350

PS: goddamnit I missed the newegg rush order by 6 minutes!!

Subject: Your Newegg.com Rush Order
From: "Newegg.com Email Notification" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, October 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Newegg.com will attempt to rush this order for same day shipping for an additional
fee,
provided that the following conditions are met:

*Order is submitted before 12:00PM PST (noon).
*Your transaction and credit card authorization is successfully completed
before 12:30PM PST.
*Your shipping address matches your credit card billing address.

Judging from those scores.... my AMD 6000+ has consistently scored around 2350 in CPU tests

So I add 7500+8000+2350 = 17350 with overclocking in SLI (KO edition pushed to 725/2000)

ok maybe 16800-17000 but whatever! haha

My single GTS score: 10093-10300
SM 2.0: 4700~
SM3/HDR: 4600~
CPU: ~2350

If you had a quad core intel you'd be up 2000-3000 points. CPU score would jump to around 5k+

Comparisons should be done on the SM and SM3 only

W00t! I think I'm the first.

Ncix Canada managed to get the Evga 8800GT SC to me overnight. Plugged it in already.

13,176 3dmark06, compared to my old 6800GS which was 2,708. Enough benchmarking, time to play some games ;)

What time yesterday did you order it?

Ordered my superclock from the egg yesterday around noon with standard shipping. UPS guy just delivered it a few minutes ago. I'm glad I sticked with the egg. :D

According to mwave.. they are backordered until the 15th...

So if yours did not ship you're SOL.

I just called and canceled my order.....

No big deal, I got a Ultra SLI setup and I just wanted the card to toy around with... =/

I'll just wait until they stock them all over the place.

Ordered my superclock from the egg yesterday around noon with standard shipping. UPS guy just delivered it a few minutes ago. I'm glad I sticked with the egg. :D

Do you live next to the factory???? soooooo jealous,

mine is still step3 even after i paid rush...well sometimes newegg packs at night too

out of curiousity to those that got their's from NCIX US & got shipping conformation, when did you order your card? Just wondering, bc I ordered mine before noon CST and I got backordered :(

I ordered at about 9 AM PST.

Still no shipping confirmation from mwave... No backorder notification either. What the hell!

On the plus side, they just raised the price on the same card I bought by $20! w00t! :D

Still no shipping confirmation from mwave... No backorder notification either. What the hell!

On the plus side, they just raised the price on the same card I bought by $20! w00t! :D

If it didn't ship you're not getting it. Call customer service. My order number was in the 5000's and I didn't get mine. My buddy was in 6500's and he didn't get his either... back ordered.

Good luck.

If it didn't ship you're not getting it. Call customer service. My order number was in the 5000's and I didn't get mine. My buddy was in 6500's and he didn't get his either... back ordered.

Good luck.

That's a friggin joke, I ordered while it was in stock. They need to revamp their website to deduct from the stock once you add it to your cart. This is 2007, the ordering process of a big company like this should be perfected by now!

Also note that they have another KO in stock:

EVGA 512-P3-N805-AR e-GeForce 8800GT KO 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 DVI+DVI+HDTV HDCP RoHS (Retail) (*Limit 1pcs/customer)
$289.90
SKU: AA72276Mfg. Part No: 512-P3-N805-ARMore Info In stock

EVGA 512-P3-N805-A1 e-GeForce 8800GT KO 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 DVI+DVI+HDTV HDCP RoHS Includes FREE- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (NO STOCK - ESTIMATE ARRIVAL ON 11/15/2007).

Both are the same price, the only difference I see is that one includes Quake Wars and the other doesn't?

If I have to wait half a month to get a card that I paid RUSH SHIPPING for, than I give up on humanity.

That's a friggin joke, I ordered while it was in stock. They need to revamp their website to deduct from the stock once you add it to your cart. This is 2007, the ordering process of a big company like this should be perfected by now!

Also note that they have another KO in stock:

EVGA 512-P3-N805-AR e-GeForce 8800GT KO 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 DVI+DVI+HDTV HDCP RoHS (Retail) (*Limit 1pcs/customer)
$289.90
SKU: AA72276Mfg. Part No: 512-P3-N805-ARMore Info In stock

EVGA 512-P3-N805-A1 e-GeForce 8800GT KO 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 DVI+DVI+HDTV HDCP RoHS Includes FREE- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (NO STOCK - ESTIMATE ARRIVAL ON 11/15/2007).

Both are the same price, the only difference I see is that one includes Quake Wars and the other doesn't?

If I have to wait half a month to get a card that I paid RUSH SHIPPING for, than I give up on humanity.

Yeah, last time I order from mwave.com - the egg it is, they have never let me down.

buy.com pulled a similar stunt with me.. had some in stock and later cancelled.. that's why I like the egg too, they are reliable. Mine arrives from the egg on Thursday. :)

WOOOOO! Ordered my pair of KO eVGA 8800GT 512's from the 'egg at ~3:30pm eastern, and they have now shipped!

From
17708 Rowland St.
City of Industry,CA 91748
[email protected]

Date
10/30/2007 3:53:52 PM

Method
UPS 3 DAYS

Friday, I shall have my cards :D! I really never should have strayed from the 'egg on something like this purchase, had a HUGE amount of aggravation with other vendors. I guess sometimes you need to be reminded why you like one merchant most, though :).

WOOOOO! Ordered my pair of KO eVGA 8800GT 512's from the 'egg at ~3:30pm eastern, and they have now shipped!

Friday, I shall have my cards :D! I really never should have strayed from the 'egg on something like this purchase, had a HUGE amount of aggravation with other vendors. I guess sometimes you need to be reminded why you like one merchant most, though :).

Just make sure you double check that all your other orders have canceled.. you seem to have ordered from at least every site twice :D:p

Frys no longer lists the EVGA 8800GT.

Perhaps too many orders were placed? :)

*edit*

Frys Customer Service just said they received over 300 orders for the EVGA 8800GT and they should be going out within the next week or so.

Just repeating what I was told.

10:00 am PST from NCIX.com. I got shipping confirmation yesterday that it will be here in Cali on Thursday.

Finally got an update on my MWAVE order after I call them:

10/30/07-This order(XX-1275950) has been canceled per your instruction. The amount of $264.42 will be refunded to you shortly.

That is the worst company Ive ever done business with. All I got were lies from the very beginning and I am not the only one. They lied yesterday and the manager I talked to today lied again and I got the same crap about the warehouse someone got before.
Waiting for my newegg order...from now one, I dont care how much they overcharge, I will stick to newegg...lesson learned and BBB report to be filed. :mad:

BTW, great job on those benchies...cant wait to start mine. My opty 165 at 3GHZ will be my bottleneck more than likely.

Man, look what happend to me....

My story:
(My replies are in black, theirs in red.)

So I called one hour after my order on monday. Is it in stock? Will it ship today? Yes, and yes.
So I called today, tuesday. Why is my status not shipped? Has it been shipped? Yes. OK. Can I get a confirmation email with the tracking? Yes, I'll email it to you. Your email is 'roc....' No that is not my email. Are you looking at the right order? Whats that order number again? 12345... OK. Is this your email? levia.... yes, send it there. OK. Thank you. Good bye.

20 minutes and no email.
I call back. Got the same girl...
Your order has already shipped. Did you email this to the correct email address. I did not receive anything. I'm sorry, I'll send it again. l-e-v-i-a...... Yes that is the correct email. OK, I'll send your tracking info again. OK, thanks.

I gave her one hour this time. Still nothing.
Called back and spoke with a manager named Christine.
I'm sorry sir, your video card was back ordered. What do you mean it was back ordered? The lady I spoke with yesterday, said it shipped yesterday. Oh no, we dont have any more, the order has not shipped yet. What? So why does the girl I just spoke with tell me she emailed me my tracking number, twice?! Oh I dont know sir, she was incorrect.

So at this point the manager is telling me the girl made a mistake by lying to me. She pissed me off at this point and I just told her to cancel the order. I dont see how a company has their employees lie to customers like that. If the order did not ship, there is no tracking number. How did she email me a tracking number that does exist? Twice?! "Your order has already shipped." Bullcrap.

That bitch didnt send shit, what a bunch of liars. I'm never ordering anything from these people again. Incredible. And I actually had a purchase history with them. I guess thats the end of that.

What a bunch of jackasses. Ignore MWave like the plague.

My story:

So I called one hour after my order on monday. Is it in stock? Will it ship today? Yes, and yes.
So I called today, tuesday. Why is my status not shipped? Has it been shipped? Yes. OK. Can I get a confirmation email with the tracking? Yes, I'll email it to you. Your email is 'roc....' No that is not my email. Are you looking at the right order? Whats that order number again? 12345... OK. Is this your email? levia.... yes, send it there. OK. Thank you. Good bye.

20 minutes and no email.
Your order has already shipped. Did you email this to the correct email address. I did not receive anything. I'm sorry, I'll send it again. l-e-v-i-a...... Yes that is the correct email. OK, I'll send your tracking info again. OK, thanks.

I'm sorry sir, your video card was back ordered. What do you mean it was back ordered? The lady I spoke with yesterday, said it shipped yesterday. Oh no, we dont have any more, the order has not shipped yet. What? So why does the girl I just spoke with tell me she emailed me my tracking number, twice?! Oh I dont know sir, she was incorrect.

So at this point the manager is telling me the girl made a mistake by lying to me. She pissed me off at this point and I just told her to cancel the order. I dont see how a company has their employees lie to customers like that. If the order did not ship, there is no tracking number. How did she email me a tracking number that does exist? Twice?! "Your order has already shipped." Bullcrap.

That bitch didnt send shit, what a bunch of liars. I'm never ordering anything from these people again. Incredible. And I actually had a purchase history with them. I guess thats the end of that.

My story is kind of similar except for the first time I called I got a lady who didn't know if they even carried the card that I ordered. I ended up arguing over why they even list a video card in stock when it obviously isn't.

Ouch Leviathan.

Grab this: http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A9602860&cmp=AFC-CJ_CBIT

Superclocked eVGA with the ET:QW bundled, for $270ish shipped, if you catch it in time... that, or wait on the 'egg to get it back in :). Best of luck to you, I hope you snag yours soon!

Theres a frys here getting a few on thursday... i think i'm going to try them first.
Hopefully they wont be sold out when i get there.... The guy said they could hold one for me if its in stock, if I call then.

Its already tuesday night... I can wait 2 days, I suppose...
Geez, what a nightmare....

Frys no longer lists the EVGA 8800GT.

Perhaps too many orders were placed? :)

*edit*

Frys Customer Service just said they received over 300 orders for the EVGA 8800GT and they should be going out within the next week or so.

Just repeating what I was told.

thats good to hear,good thing i didnt cancel,hopefully thats a fact and there not playing the guessing game.

My story:

20 minutes and no email.

easy, killer. its just a video card. you'll get one, eventually. maybe.

Thats easy to say when you are not the one that has been blatantly fooled into ordering something they didnt have in the first place.....

In other interesting news...I checked the order status with NEWEGG and it shows step 5 as shipped. No tracking yet but if they did that , it would be awesome as she told me I have missed the cutoff time for order shipment. Finger's crossed! I am not expecting miracles as I was thinking it would get here on Thursday but I dont mind if it comes in tomorrow....just need to call in sick in the morning!!!

easy, killer. its just a video card. you'll get one, eventually. maybe.

lie [lahy] Pronunciation Key noun, verb, lied, ly·ing.
&#8211;noun
1.a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2.something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3.an inaccurate or false statement.

&#8211;verb (used without object)
5.to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
6.to express what is false; convey a false impression.

They charged my card $267, and lied to me multiple times about my order.
I have every right to be upset, thank you.

Girlfriend just called Frys here in the bay area and they said they had them in stock @ $269.99, going to check out later this evening.

They charged my card $267, and lied to me multiple times about my order.
I have every right to be upset, thank you.

I hate mwave.com now, everyone that works there is a fucking &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;. I called today around 1pm to make sure that I was able to get one from their site, and obviously they told me that I got one and it would be shipping out today. So then I called back around 4pm only to find out that I was placed on backorder so I canceled my order.

I sold my current gpu on ebay in hopes that I would be able to get one, considering I ordered when they were in stock and they were still in stock 30 minutes after I ordered. But no, all of the mwave employees are a bunch of fucking no good liars. So now I'm going to bet without a gpu for at least a week, thanks a lot mwave :mad:

I canceled my order around 4:15 and my money still isn't back in my goddamn bank account. If it isn't there when I wake up in the morning, they're going to be getting one hell of a wake up call.

Back