8800GT - Release Times Today

jmackay, no offense but:

1. EVGA Marketing told us that from Frys.com, we are NOT qualified.
2. A user on HardOCP bought a pair of 8800GT Superclocked from Frys in Las Vegas, opened the box, and found no game.
3. It's not on the qualified List which is http://evga.com/etqw/

FYI I started the Frys/QuakeWars thread that led to a direct clarification of "NO GAME" in Frys.com orders. You cannot even get EVGA to give you one.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=144120

Has anyone that bought from frys.com (not retail, but online) entered their product online yet? The only post in that other thread is from someone that bought at the retail store.

doesnt matter to me because i wasnt interested in Quake Wars but if I was I think I could find a cheap copy of it on ebay in the next few weeks from everyone who buys 8800gt cards. ;)

mwave lady just keeps telling me "they are in the warehouse" she's beating aroudn the bush when I ask her if it will ship today.....

mwave lady just keeps telling me "they are in the warehouse" she's beating aroudn the bush when I ask her if it will ship today.....

You are calling the 1800 251 4648? If so try the regular number cause thats the same crap they were giving me. The regular number, when I talked to the manager, he said it was shipping today.
I just placed an order with newegg just in case....no more crap for me. Sad thing, I missed the cutoff for the day so its Thursday at best either way. BTW, it seems the KO version at newegg doesnt have Quake...not that I love the game but I was kind of feeling good about getting it.

You are calling the 1800 251 4648? If so try the regular number cause thats the same crap they were giving me. The regular number, when I talked to the manager, he said it was shipping today.
I just placed an order with newegg just in case....no more crap for me. Sad thing, I missed the cutoff for the day so its Thursday at best either way. BTW, it seems the KO version at newegg doesnt have Quake...not that I love the game but I was kind of feeling good about getting it.

It is on the part # list for eVGA as including Quake Wars (a forum post said A1 part #'s include it in the box, that's what the KO on newegg is). If it's not in the box, we can send in for it: http://evga.com/etqw/terms.asp

Qualified list/form: http://evga.com/etqw/

Nice....I see that newegg and evga now has more in stock...perhaps MWAVE will indeed receive mine today. I dont mind saving the cash since the superclock should be able to hit the same speeds as the KO...right?

@ the egg, in the reviews section, someone claims to have overclocked their superclocked evga card past SSC numbers. "...It overclocked easily to 742 core, 1834 Shader, and 2160 on the memory!"

Totally correct. I can say that you can push it even farther with a Zalman VF900, copper VGA ram sinks, and 2 tubes of Arctic Silver 5. Add in a CoolIT PCI bracket 80mm fan (SilenX), you can hit greater speeds. This is what I've done for my GTS (minus VF900 which does not fit in GTS)

EDIT: Referring to 742mhz Core not that 900 one lol (impossible)

Totally correct. I can say that you can push it even farther with a Zalman VF900, copper VGA ram sinks, and 2 tubes of Arctic Silver 5. Add in a CoolIT PCI bracket 80mm fan (SilenX), you can hit greater speeds. This is what I've done for my GTS (minus VF900 which does not fit in GTS)

EDIT: Referring to 742mhz Core not that 900 one lol (impossible)

Yeah, hehe. I have a cooler on the way for one of them, gonna test it and order the second as soon as it's back in-stock at newegg. I ordered this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106090, makes the card take 2 slots total, but it exhausts air out the case, has heatpipes, isn't wildly overpriced, and works like the 8800GTX's cooler. Can't wait to see the result!

so are they going to lower the price of the 8800gts since the gt card is obviously better...?

I'm pretty pissed. I upgraded and built a whole new computer for crysis [q6600, 4gb ram, 8800gts 640mb, etc]. Then i see that the 8800gts that i bought for $350 is being outperformed by the 8800GT which is about $100 less. fugg my life.

so are they going to lower the price of the 8800gts since the gt card is obviously better...?

I'm pretty pissed. I upgraded and built a whole new computer for crysis [q6600, 4gb ram, 8800gts 640mb, etc]. Then i see that the 8800gts that i bought for $350 is being outperformed by the 8800GT which is about $100 less. fugg my life.

320bit vs 256bit - suppose thats better for something =/
640mb vs 512mb - thats better too?

If you're building a system for crysis, grab some sli =P

u 100% positive thats fits the 8800 GT?

It mounts on 7800/7900 cards which is the exact same spacing/pattern the 8800GT uses, so I am betting that it does. I can't confirm until it comes in, of course :D, which is part of why I'm not so disappointed I could only order 1 right now in any case. Hopefully it fits :D.

By the way TIger, you and I both got the QW:ET game.

Superclocked EVGA = A1 = In Box
EVGA KO = A1 = In Box

I believe the KO comes with the game (to whoever had a question about it before)

W00t! I think I'm the first.

Ncix Canada managed to get the Evga 8800GT SC to me overnight. Plugged it in already.

13,176 3dmark06, compared to my old 6800GS which was 2,708. Enough benchmarking, time to play some games ;)

Ncix Canada managed to get the Evga 8800GT SC to me overnight. Plugged it in already.

13,176 3dmark06, compared to my old 6800GS which was 2,708. Enough benchmarking, time to play some games ;)

VERY nice bud, grats!

320bit vs 256bit - suppose thats better for something =/
640mb vs 512mb - thats better too?

If you're building a system for crysis, grab some sli =P

well after seeing you get around 20 more fps with a GT i don't think the memory or bit make a difference. maybe at higher resolutions, but i'm only at 1440x900. has anyone hit gt specs with a gts 640?

Christ, this thing is a 3dmark monster. My 8800GTX single was only scoring around 14,700 on 3dm06 on stock clocks.

Also, what are the rest of your system specs?

Pretty nice

Congrats you bastard! LOL Well I'll have to wait till Thursday. BIG improvement from the 6800 heh.

I scored 10,300 with a single GTS and 11,600 with GTS SLI on a AMD 6000+. I hope this GT SLI setup can let me break 14k.

POST YOUR FPS!!! IN HL2, TF2, and UT3 Demo if possible ! =)

Congrats you bastard! LOL Well I'll have to wait till Thursday. BIG improvement from the 6800 heh.

I scored 10,300 with a single GTS and 11,600 with GTS SLI on a AMD 6000+. I hope this GT SLI setup can let me break 14k.

14k's nothing to SLI GT's... the scores I saw were around 18.2k for STOCK-clocked SLI GT's for 3dmark06, let alone overclocked ones ;).

Give me a couple of days...

I'll have benchmarks on 8800GTS OC2 vs 8800GT vs 8800ULTRA SLI =P

Aye, but enough with 3dmark06, as its only useful for comparing like systems, not different video cards. Where are some games :D

14k's nothing to SLI GT's... the scores I saw were around 18.2k for STOCK-clocked SLI GT's for 3dmark06, let alone overclocked ones ;).

18.2 is difficult with a processor under 4ghz....

3dm06 is so damn CPU dependent....

My GTX SLI setup on stock clocks is only hitting 17k and thats with Q6700 @ 3.6ghz

I am going to throw in the Ultras tonight and I'll be impressed if I break 18k.

You have links to benchies on 18k 3dm06?

^^ is it that '06 is cpu dep, or our SLI setups with 8800 cards are still a bit cpu limited?? handling 256 stream processors and 1.5gb of video memory, so effectively needing to be able to handle/fill lots of textures extremely fast seems like a lot of work.. I am not sure, however, once the intial texture load happens how much overhead it is maintaining the video memory.? I am sure it's not "light" on the system.. but I think SLI setups with GTXs/Ultras.. even GTSs are a bit cpu/backend system limited..

in other news, I just spotted a few 8800GTs (eVGA) at Fry's in Sunnyvale CA (west of 101 / near kifer rd). they were $269 each..

Has anyone that bought from frys.com (not retail, but online) entered their product online yet? The only post in that other thread is from someone that bought at the retail store.

I ordered from frys,someone in this thread said that they were expecting a shipment in tonight and a second shipment on the 2nd of Nov. My order is backordered but Im going to wait a couple of days because the price is so good, $229 for stock EVGA GT. Im going to be patient for the better price.

Finally got an update on my MWAVE order after I call them:

10/30/07-This order(XX-1275950) has been canceled per your instruction. The amount of $264.42 will be refunded to you shortly.

That is the worst company Ive ever done business with. All I got were lies from the very beginning and I am not the only one. They lied yesterday and the manager I talked to today lied again and I got the same crap about the warehouse someone got before.
Waiting for my newegg order...from now one, I dont care how much they overcharge, I will stick to newegg...lesson learned and BBB report to be filed. :mad:

BTW, great job on those benchies...cant wait to start mine. My opty 165 at 3GHZ will be my bottleneck more than likely.

18.2 is difficult with a processor under 4ghz....

3dm06 is so damn CPU dependent....

My GTX SLI setup on stock clocks is only hitting 17k and thats with Q6700 @ 3.6ghz

I am going to throw in the Ultras tonight and I'll be impressed if I break 18k.

You have links to benchies on 18k 3dm06?

Why yes, yes I do:

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=16562&catid=2

Original source was the lowyat.net forums, pre-release.

out of curiousity to those that got their's from NCIX US & got shipping conformation, when did you order your card? Just wondering, bc I ordered mine before noon CST and I got backordered :(

Which would be best for the money, stock, superclocked, KO, or SSC? Would it be best to just get a superclocked and overclock to around 700? Would that need additional cooling? And which place to order from?

Back