Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Close in performace
2 vs 1
I'll go with the single 5850 card to replace the 260s and the 5870 to replace the 275s.
there is no Nvidia equivilent as they do not have any DX11 cards........
there is no Nvidia equivilent as they do not have any DX11 cards........
Seeing as how there's no dx11 games out yet, that doesn't really matter right now.
Battleforge and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat are already out.
Dirt2 is due before XMas and Q1 2010 should see Alien vs Predator, Dungeons and Dragons Online, The Lord of the Rings Online and more.
DX11 effects run faster and/or look better, so worthwhile having.
Actually DX11 tessalation eats up FPS, so your claim is false:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/11/06/unigine_heaven_benchmark_dx11_tessellation
You can't have your cake and eat it too...
Actually DX11 tessalation eats up FPS, so your claim is false:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/11/06/unigine_heaven_benchmark_dx11_tessellation
You can't have your cake and eat it too...
I know...I am just weary after the whole "DX10 is going to be faster than DX9" debacle...I might chance my stance after more games comes out, but right now the DX9 -> DX10 is making me very suspicous.
Ironically, you fullon went into Physx before anything but tech demos were out![]()
Actually my first PPU came with GRAW.
Actually DX11 tessalation eats up FPS, so your claim is false:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/11/06/unigine_heaven_benchmark_dx11_tessellation
You can't have your cake and eat it too...
Actually DX11 tessalation eats up FPS, so your claim is false:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/11/06/unigine_heaven_benchmark_dx11_tessellation
You can't have your cake and eat it too...
Just curious, Do you like ANY ATI/AMD product that is out?
And no you cannot talk about physix
Look at my sig...if I like it...I buy it.
I did own a ATI 9800 Pro once...good hardware, better than the FX5800...terrible software (driver CP).
I also owned a Athlon 64 3200+ once too...the CPU was better than the P4...but damn the mobo's where crap (nForce).
Wether or not I go "fermi" or R800 will depend on the performance.
The fastest single GPU will get my money.
Just like the fastest CPU will get my money(the 1336 i7)
Currently AMD has no CPU I care for...to little performance.
I might care for their R800 GPU...if NVIDIA fails to deliver with "fermi".
Answer enough?
(No, I don't buy after the "support the underdog"-creed)
As I agree AMD cpu's just dont cut it nowadays.
But yea we got awhile before Fermi comes out....specially with TSMC fuckin up
Yup, I havn't seen any "must have " DX11 games yet..and my GTX285 is ample for my setup so far...so the jury is still out.
I am planning to go "gulftown", SSD's and a DX11 GPU within half a year...(if I can persuade the GF)...so I might get a R800...if the loss of PhysX can be migated by DX11...but I doubt it
![]()
Yup, I havn't seen any "must have " DX11 games yet..and my GTX285 is ample for my setup so far...so the jury is still out.
I am planning to go "gulftown", SSD's and a DX11 GPU within half a year...(if I can persuade the GF)...so I might get a R800...if the loss of PhysX can be migated by DX11...but I doubt it
![]()
Wait for the Nvidia "Fermi" for comparisons. Both cards will be able to run DX11 games.
So wait you gotta ask the g/f if you can buy the products?
Does she know you wasted alot of money on your NIC and Physix card?
Will a single 5870 give me better performance over a dual GTX 260 Core 216's?
Way off-topic, but girlfriend + 6-year-old daughter? Really?And with a 6 year old bonus daughter, hardware is not the first priority,
Wait for the Nvidia "Fermi" for comparisons. Both cards will be able to run DX11 games.
We'll see. I'm definitely hoping that with OpenCL we'll see a lot of physics implementations that are open to all parties, which is the direction AMD is heading with its latest Havok stuff. Both Evergreen and Fermi can run openCL, so I can't imagine why a developer would stick with PhysX for physics in any new games unless NVIDIA is paying money. Which they probably are.so I might get a R800...if the loss of PhysX can be migated by DX11...but I doubt it![]()