3080 Ti EVGA Notify Queue

Dev console gives message when clicking button:

Uncaught TypeError: window.radopen is not a function..... Yay

EVGA customers - Hey, why not make an early queue for Elite members to reward them for their loyalty over the years
EVGA Marketing - Great idea, lets make it to where everyone can get Elite status before the Ti drops
EVGA customers - o_O

So did 1million other people, hope someone on here hits the jackpot.

At least I see people here winning the shuffle if only because the nonsense "combo" items are in FS/FT. I haven't seen any one get through on the auto-notify yet today.

oh wow so you only need 100 forum posts to become an elite member... im wondering how many bots are spamming their forums now

I'm pretty sure I'm going to "spam" their forums later with how bad they fucked this up.
shouldn't be a problem, the mods will probably all resign due to the influx of nonsense posts that have been hitting the forums because of this policy.

We can't blame them too much for supply issues with the global chip shortage, but EVGA had NINE months to prepare their web presence for high traffic launch days, and they failed miserably

Well, I'm done. Enjoy the rest of the day.

odds-be-ever-in-your-favor-quickmeme-cgau-18992847.png

We can't blame them too much for supply issues with the global chip shortage, but EVGA had NINE months to prepare their web presence for high traffic launch days, and they failed miserably
Well, it's idiotic. They should have let people sign up for a 3080ti queue months ago as elite members, really. The fact that we had to wait until today was just stupid.

Well, it's idiotic. They should have let people sign up for a 3080ti queue months ago as elite members, really. The fact that we had to wait until today was just stupid.

The card was announced 2 days ago. They can't open up a queue for a product that isn't officially announced. Hell, even opening a queue for a non-descript "future GPU launch" would probably violate some sort of agreement with Nvidia, given that they do not allow pre-orders (which is likely why they've had to wait until launch to even put up product pages and start their queue system).

Nice idea in theory, but I can very confidently speculate it's 100% out of EVGAs hands.

The fact that they let any one get elite after saying they would get 24 hours access was just silly. They should have frozen it then. Unless you bought and registered a card. Because so many people were spamming the forms to get a whopping 100 post. I have spent probably 6-10k on cards from evga and I get put in with the people that didn’t do anything to earn elite.

I was late and didn't log in before the site was hammered. I did get one product page to load but without being logged in it was useless. Oh well.

How feasible is this though, really? We're not talking Best Buy or Newegg here. Evga is a component manufacturer who happens to do direct sales, not a major retailer. From a business standpoint, it would be incredibly foolish to ramp up server capacity for a half dozen product launches a year that require it. Putting permanent measures in place doesn't make sense. Even if they can ramp up server capacity for 24 hours only (and I honestly don't know how the world of web hosting works... is this possible?)... my guess is what it would cost to handle the colossal traffic bubble is disproportionate to what they're going to make in sales today.

Nobody is surprised by what happened today. Not Evga. Not Nvidia. But the amount of responses I see to it that essentially boil down to "they should have just thrown more money into making this go better" doesn't really make sense for a product launch where these companies have a limited amount of products to sell, and thus money to make. More traffic doesn't equal more sales, they know they'll sell every unit no matter what. What business sense does it make to spend wads of cash just to sell out in half a second instead of in two seconds?

Back