• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$2500 5090 I’m out

Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is just a troll in a boat

I am not a troll. I just find it funny that these cards are going to be so vanishingly hard to get and expensive as hell and people will literally kill each other for one.

I am holding onto my 4 series. Seems like video card releases now in society are like the second coming of Christ.
 
are going to be so vanishingly hard to get and expensive as hell and people will literally kill each other for one.
Back when I did infantry basic i was amazed at how many people wanted to kill. I don't think "willing to kill" is a high bar. (the appetite usually drops after actual combat).
 
So who here on hardforum is going to be the first one to drop their pants and take the green nv 5090 schlong up their hiney?

Any takers? Want me to grease up your bumhole with some butter for the nv penis shaft?

Whose gonna be hawking them sites and call out of work.........to get a video card? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
That's why it's called [H]forum...if not the folks here, who then?
 
So who here on hardforum is going to be the first one to drop their pants and take the green nv 5090 schlong up their hiney?

Any takers? Want me to grease up your bumhole with some butter for the nv penis shaft?

Whose gonna be hawking them sites and call out of work.........to get a video card? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
I may or may not buy one. I certainly won't buy one without upgrading the rest of my system, I just don't know if I'll be upgrading the rest of my system. Some rumors a while back suggested AMDs 9950x3d was going to have vcache on both CCD's, which I was excited for. However more recent rumors suggest they will maintain the hybrid model, which is a hard pass for me.

So whether or not I buy one depends on which of the rumors ends up being true. I won't be paying scalper pricing for one either. I'll buy it the same way I did my 4090. Check for inventory often and buy it when it becomes available for MSRP or a little above for the higher end AIB models. I'm in no particular hurry. My 4090 will hold me over just fine.
 
If you can't handle the prices for halo products, you are in luck. You may be better off posting your unfiltered thoughts over at LowSpecGamer. We wish you god speed.
I got AoE 1, 2 and 3 going on an old i5-7200U. It helps that I upgraded the drive to an old 500GB Samsung SATA III SSD that I lying around. It's got 32GB of 3200 RAM! (Doesn't run at that speed, lol).

Also using a Windows 11 de-bloat tool (Tiny11) helps as well. So much crap running with a default install.
 
So who here on hardforum is going to be the first one to drop their pants and take the green nv 5090 schlong up their hiney?

Any takers? Want me to grease up your bumhole with some butter for the nv penis shaft?

Whose gonna be hawking them sites and call out of work.........to get a video card? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

LOL
 
WE HERE AT HARDFORUM ARE HARD! Yeahhhh boiiiiiiiiii.

Everyone wants to see lower prices for the flagship gaming GPU, it's totally understandable. But we aren't talking about motorcycles, cars, luxury watches, skiing trips, or any number of other things adults spend their discretionary income on. I'd be happy keeping my 4090, but assuming I upgrade to the 5090 on 2/1/25 I will have enjoyed the best card in the world for 27 months at a cost of $64.40/month. People spend more on streaming services FFS. We are in the era of $5 for a dozen eggs. It is what it is, and I don't see the point of constantly whining about it on an enthusiast forum. Nobody needs a 5090 to enjoy this hobby either. It's something to aspire to for younger folks and/or those on limited budgets. Do what's responsible for yourself and your family. After that try to enjoy your leisure time and be thankful for what you DO have.
 
Everyone wants to see lower prices for the flagship gaming GPU, it's totally understandable. But we aren't talking about motorcycles, cars, luxury watches, skiing trips, or any number of other things adults spend their discretionary income on. I'd be happy keeping my 4090, but assuming I upgrade to the 5090 on 2/1/25 I will have enjoyed the best card in the world for 27 months at a cost of $64.40/month. People spend more on streaming services FFS. We are in the era of $5 for a dozen eggs. It is what it is, and I don't see the point of constantly whining about it on an enthusiast forum. Nobody needs a 5090 to enjoy this hobby either. It's something to aspire to for younger folks and/or those on limited budgets. Do what's responsible for yourself and your family. After that try to enjoy your leisure time and be thankful for what you DO have.
Hopefully less than that if you sell off your card. Had my 7900xtx for around 18mos and got back 90% of what I paid for it. Thought that was fair.
 
Everyone wants to see lower prices for the flagship gaming GPU,
said like that everyone wants to see lower price for everything.

Does everyone wants to see lower price on the flagships gpu if it meant it stayed the size (~470mm) and memory bus (352 bits) of a 1080ti ?

Or do some like the if they become giant price, we get 700mm-512 bits level of gpu for gaming ? Everyone that will buy a 5090 will kind of answer the question, they prefer bigger gaming flagship gpu at very high price exist versus not.

If gddr7 launch at $18 per GB, a 32GB card with they would never consider very small 15% margin for all the people involved in the gpu process to the reseller would start at what $675 before putting anything on it, not sure the cheap 5090 gpu world (that nvidia bin for them instead of doing only x40/30, rtx6000-5000-4000 from them) is one that can exist.
 
Last edited:
Why not help people instead of ripping them off for your own gain?

Good luck with karma man.

If you have the capital, why not buy a few that you sell for nothing more than what you paid, just to be a bro. (People will probably think it is a scam just to pay the retail price, you'll be like a nigerian prince confused why he can't give away his money.). Hell, it might be a slim chance for good networking - not everyone who is after a 5090 isn't going to be a gamer.
 
If you have the capital, why not buy a few that you sell for nothing more than what you paid, just to be a bro. (People will probably think it is a scam just to pay the retail price, you'll be like a nigerian prince confused why he can't give away his money.). Hell, it might be a slim chance for good networking - not everyone who is after a 5090 isn't going to be a gamer.
Well that's the question now isn't it? Is he going to sell them for what he paid for them or is he going to be a scumbag and charge people out the ass for them. The way Society is now and random people and scammers on the internet something tells me his plan is to make money off them not give them away with zero increase on the cost for the benefit of his heart. If he does that congrats to him.
 
Last edited:
"i bought these, i dont need them. so im going to sell them to my [H] brother for cost! plus a little extra on top for my time that no one fucking asked for"
is the common one i always see....


if you have the capital,
this isnt supposed to be an "investment op"....
 
NVIDIA will closed it they keep these high price.
Many people running to consoles and laptops today, desktop players are a dieing breed.
I know i will give them the middle finger and wait for generation old cards if they keep this up.
 
NVIDIA will closed it they keep these high price.
Many people running to consoles and laptops today, desktop players are a dieing breed.
I know i will give them the middle finger and wait for generation old cards if they keep this up.
Nope. NV will be just fine.
 
NVIDIA will closed it they keep these high price.
Many people running to consoles and laptops today, desktop players are a dieing breed.
I know i will give them the middle finger and wait for generation old cards if they keep this up.
Nvidia is one of the most valuable companies in the history of the world. They might die one day, but it won't be because of their current strategy.
 
why not buy a few that you sell for nothing more than what you paid, just to be a bro.
If it is to sell to friends (because you have some better way than them to get cards), you do not need capitals has they will pay you right away.

If it is to sell to strangers, then how are you less selling the scalper than the store you are buying from ?

NVIDIA will closed it they keep these high price.
income-statement-evolution-chart-NVIDIA-CORPORATION.svg


Many people running to consoles and laptops today, desktop players are a dieing breed.
Gaming laptops are even more Nvidia heavy than gaming desktop would not surprise me, with even better margin for them would not surprise me either.
 
There’s a member here who would routinely get his hands on 4090s. Usually MSI and sell them in here for MSRP. Forget who it was.
Whoever does that is putting in that type of work just to build up their heatware reputation. Rare someone does something out of the goodness of their heart in this world we live in. 🤔
 
Whoever does that is putting in that type of work just to build up their heatware reputation. Rare someone does something out of the goodness of their heart in this world we live in. 🤔
Or they try to cards from many different ways, registering for a bunch of wainting list, end up receiving 2-3-4 of them, keep the one they prefer and sales the rest for MSRP ?
 
Since I have the capital I’m actually considering scalping a few.

That's kinda risky isn't it? I mean, I know the 4090 founder's edition was about $1700 retail I believe and it shot right up. We've reached insanity on new GPU prices I'd think and the people who actually can afford and want a 5090 are going to buy retail with phat return policy in case.

Just seems risky on a high dollar unsure of demand item like that IMO. The nerds and enthusiasts will find a way to get one but after that, who's got $2,500 to have a GPU that maybe 1 or 2 games can take advantage of?
 
Let's not get it twisted. Nothing wrong with doing that, but the assumption that there was not an alterieor motive is undeniable and frankly the only reason it was done. It is not a favor so much as a favor for a favor which again, is ok.
 
Let's not get it twisted. Nothing wrong with doing that, but the assumption that there was not an alterieor motive is undeniable and frankly the only reason it was done. It is not a favor so much as a favor for a favor which again, is ok.
It’s easily deniable unless you can somehow illustrate how your mind reading skill works.
 
That's kinda risky isn't it? I mean, I know the 4090 founder's edition was about $1700 retail I believe and it shot right up. We've reached insanity on new GPU prices I'd think and the people who actually can afford and want a 5090 are going to buy retail with phat return policy in case.

Just seems risky on a high dollar unsure of demand item like that IMO. The nerds and enthusiasts will find a way to get one but after that, who's got $2,500 to have a GPU that maybe 1 or 2 games can take advantage of?
I would not do this, but...

Best buy has a really good return policy. I could buy as many as luck would allow (i have a very serious credit limit) and sell them all at 10% markup and any i didn't sell in a month, return to best buy.

250 a pop in profit isn't really enough to motivate me. I have obscene amounts of things to do and any free time I have I value.
 
Last edited:
Whoever does that is putting in that type of work just to build up their heatware reputation. Rare someone does something out of the goodness of their heart in this world we live in. 🤔

I actually had plenty of heat. I just did it cuz when I am dead you all can remember me and talk about "that guy" lol. Looks like mission accomplished to me. Reading this thread actually made me happy lol, so yea it was all worth it.
 
Me and another friend have done this as well. I thought you meant NKD then saw he just replied lol. Legit minutes after mine.

I like amex points and fun games like this. But it got difficult here since I don't want to incur the cost of shipping, taxi and other things and it got strict here so I stopped. Happy to always help but would never want to risk not being here.
 
Back
Top