2015 Samsung 4k TV as a Monitor Set Up Guide

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
Came across a UN40JU6500 for free. This guide was super helpful in getting me a baseline setup (especially the end part to verify 4.4.4) Thank you!!

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
Ooof. This tv has a horrific blue tint to it. Read somewhere on the net that this may be due to it living most of its life with the backlight turned waaay up. Reset to factory defaults, updated from 12x firmware to 15x with no change. RGB mode, full, 4k 60hz resolution. Both PC and game mode look like this. Trying to adjust it out best I can with tv settings (2 point gain settings) and nvidia desktop color settings... not getting very far.

Any tips?

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
Interesting....i'll look into that. Not sure exactly what is wrong with this TV yet. Seems overly blue and very washed out to me. Spent the last 4 hours dicking with it, played some rdr2 @ 4k on a 2070. Looks horrific when game mode is activated. Only HDMI 1 can activate the UHD color mode.

Wag

Gawd
Interesting....i'll look into that. Not sure exactly what is wrong with this TV yet. Seems overly blue and very washed out to me. Spent the last 4 hours dicking with it, played some rdr2 @ 4k on a 2070. Looks horrific when game mode is activated. Only HDMI 1 can activate the UHD color mode.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju6500/settings

I have the 48” curved version of this TV. I used rtings settings as a baseline.

Spun Ducky

Gawd
Anyone have experience with the samsung UN43NU6900 as a pc monitor? I currently have a 35" 3440x1440 100hz monoprice that is moving to a different desk. My previous experience with a 43" 4k tv was bad as it wasn't far enough back, used RGBW, and it was a sceptre.

mattador

n00b
This is a great guide. I didn't read the entire thread,l so if this was already said then my apologies...

On these TVs. If you leave it on standard with the eco bullshit on... It will dim your screen at night. Drove me crazy until I put it on "entertainment".

But absolutely a great guide.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
This is a great guide. I didn't read the entire thread,l so if this was already said then my apologies...

On these TVs. If you leave it on standard with the eco bullshit on... It will dim your screen at night. Drove me crazy until I put it on "entertainment".

But absolutely a great guide.
Yeah, the only thing I do not like about this TV is that if you did not use V Sync or cap the fps to 60, you get terrible screen tearing in games. Otherwise, this screen is really good and the guide was really helpful.

mattador

n00b
Yeah, the only thing I do not like about this TV is that if you did not use V Sync or cap the fps to 60, you get terrible screen tearing in games. Otherwise, this screen is really good and the guide was really helpful.
I do like it. The "curve" is sort of laughable at least for me with a 40 inch screen, But overall a great buy.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
I do like it. The "curve" is sort of laughable at least for me with a 40 inch screen, But overall a great buy.
I have the flat 43 inch model from 2017 but, it is still a good one. (Although, I would not mind having the curved one, myself.)