1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it has been confirmed without question that it works fine in nforce4?

i'm seriously considering this...but i'm not sure if it will work in my mobo...Chaintech VNF4 Ultra

Was anyone able to run this memory at 2.5V?
His auction specs say 2.5V. Curious about whether it would be possible to run 2.5V and t1.

blurhahn said:
so it has been confirmed without question that it works fine in nforce4?

i'm seriously considering this...but i'm not sure if it will work in my mobo...Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
Nforce4 motherboards deemed worthy in this thread:

ECS
MSI
DFI
Asus
and a VNF3 250 for whatever its worth ;)

Thuleman said:
Was anyone able to run this memory at 2.5V?
His auction specs say 2.5V. Curious about whether it would be possible to run 2.5V and t1.
Yes and yes edit: but ymmv as always. Lots of info spread about in this thread, just gotta dig.

on my ultra d it could run t1 .2.8v 2.5-3-3-8

its default is 2.6 i couldn't get two gigs of it to pass memtest below 2.75v @ t1--but that ain't bad at all - :eek:

Just to give a little update about performance upgrade I experienced. I play Half-Life 2, Counter Strike Source, and Battlefield 2 and they all run great on Athlon XP 3000+, Gigabyte 7VA, 2 gigs of this ram, and ATI 9600 pro (not oc'ed). I run HL on highest settings and Source on highest settings. I run BF2 on mostly high settings except for a couple of them like geometry and other shading settings. Just to let anyone know it was worth the $113 to get the 2 gigs...

I just ordered some... i was just wondering if they sent any tracking to the people that ordered, and how soon it came into your possession.

csm11 said:
Just to give a little update about performance upgrade I experienced. I play Half-Life 2, Counter Strike Source, and Battlefield 2 and they all run great on Athlon XP 3000+, Gigabyte 7VA, 2 gigs of this ram, and ATI 9600 pro (not oc'ed). I run HL on highest settings and Source on highest settings. I run BF2 on mostly high settings except for a couple of them like geometry and other shading settings. Just to let anyone know it was worth the $113 to get the 2 gigs...

Darn!! Now I have to figure out where to get ~$115!!! I am sick of running at medium settings to keep the frame rates from dropping out at the most inconvenient of times :(
I thought I could escape this, but I guess I am bound to bite . . .

Shodin10k said:
I just ordered some... i was just wondering if they sent any tracking to the people that ordered, and how soon it came into your possession.
mine came usps first class, it was here to indiana in 3 days

there was no tracking

ships nicely in padded envelope. No reason so far not to put a little trust in this one. If you don't get it to work, i think he has a return policy.

Pkirk618 said:
ships nicely in padded envelope. No reason so far not to put a little trust in this one. If you don't get it to work, i think he has a return policy.
I read through a bunch of his negative ratings and he is apparently pretty series about replacing defective product.

Well, I normally only buy solid name-brand memory, but after seeing all the positive results here I pulled the trigger on 2GB worth. I don't see any specific results for my Asus K8V SE Deluxe (S754 K8T800) but according to the manual it will run two 1GB modules with up to 18 chips at DDR400, so I'm assuming that means it will run high-density. If it doesn't, I've got a few Linux boxes I can spread it around in hopefully.

When I get it I'll post results for anybody else who might be wondering...

Malatov said:
Well, I normally only buy solid name-brand memory, but after seeing all the positive results here I pulled the trigger on 2GB worth. I don't see any specific results for my Asus K8V SE Deluxe (S754 K8T800) but according to the manual it will run two 1GB modules with up to 18 chips at DDR400, so I'm assuming that means it will run high-density. If it doesn't, I've got a few Linux boxes I can spread it around in hopefully.

When I get it I'll post results for anybody else who might be wondering...

i can't say for sure it will work HOWEVER my A8v-Deluxe kt800pro seems to love the stuff.
since there closely related chipsets i figure it would be a safe bet that it would work on a k8v-se deluxe 754.

when i saw that someone had run it on a a754ECS (nf4) i got 2x 1g sticks it seems to run well on the DFI-ultra D nf4-asus a8n-sli deluxe-nf4--ECS a754nf4 and my A8V-deluxe KT800pro . if they send the same ram that i got-- i wouldn't worry about the high density part too much-- the high density stuff must be much improved over the low-quakity high density ram of the past .

i was kinda shocked when this stuff would run 1t-2.5 (2.7v) on the asus and the DFI-- for $57 a gig i wasn't expecting the results to be this good.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have an Abit NF4 and it only registers 512mb per stick in CPU-Z and not 1GB. Does that mean my board is incompatible with the high density chips?

I just checked the sticks on a KT880 Socket A computer I have sitting around and it registers as 1024 per stick :mad: .

my ultra d reported 2 gig but windows reported 4 g- i figured it was a glitch in the cpu-z

check and see what windows says-- :eek:

Bios, Windows, Memtest, CPU-Z all report 1 GB with 2 sticks.

Eclipse thinks it's a board compatibility issue. Oh well...I guess I'll see if my brother can use it.

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
:( no nForce 2 results yet
NF2 typically doesn't like high density memory.

Can't count how many problem threads i've read about it, in the past.

i bought 1GB samsung sticks for 60 or so bucks each

running at 2.5-3-3-7

it wouldn't be a suprise if it don't like the nf2 -- it is a suprise that it likes the nf4 though--lol :cool:

DarkenReaper57 said:
It works with the NF3 chipset, right?

Tried it in my Epox NF3 250Gb board, and it only reads as 512mb...same as my Abit NF4.

One thing to consider for those of you having problems: consult your mobo manual to see if there are special requirements as far as what RAM slots to use. For some boards/chipsets, it DOES matter.

For example, with my Asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo (K8T800) mobo, I have 3 slots. According to the chart in the manual, depending on where you install 2 modules, and depending the mix of single and double sided, determines the memory bus speed. So, in my mobo, 2 DS modules in slots 1 & 2 or 1 & 3 will run at DDR400, but if you use slots 2 & 3 it will only run at DDR200. And trying to use all 3 slots slows the bus down to a max of DDR333, and as slow as DDR200 if all modules are DS or a certain mix of DS & SS.

Just something to keep in mind before you go sticking modules into any slot...

Shodin10k said:
i think its because people are catching on, and hes having to do more work :p

when i get the memory, ill test it on my msi k8t (k8t800)
Same chipset, have to keep an eye on your results.

I think it's reasonable to state that this memory so far works with Via and NForce4 and most 3 boards. I tried them in both and they work very nicely so that's why it's "reasonable".

Hehe well some of us actually purchased a P4C back before AMD came out with the A64 :-p If someone has tried this memory in an i865 or i875 chipset mobo I'd love to hear the results :)

honkee said:
if someone has the memory and doesnt want it, ill buy it for 60 shipped

Doh!!! you should have told me that earlier...I would have shipped you a stick since it doesn't work in my NF4 board :).

my offer still stands
for those that purchased the sticks and it didnt quite work out for ya
:)

So is it a yay or a nay on this stuff in an NF7-S V2.0? Got 2x256 that I wouldnt mind upping.

Anyone know if this ram will work with ULi chipset motherboards? I'm getting an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard from Newegg and right now I'm using 2 512MB sticks of Patriot memory on an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard that has an AGP port that is going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back