1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to get this for a Chaintech VNF3-250. Has anyone tried this in an NF3 system, or more specifically that board?

polvo said:
I am currently running two sticks (2GB) on an Abit AN8 SLI nforce 4 motherboard. So far everything works great. I haven't OCed yet but will try it soon.

may you post any screen?
may you also try a little overclock...I mand try FSB @210-220-----even230?

Thanks

Did somebody tried that with MSI NEO4 PLatinum SLI, and does it work in DUAL Channel Mode?

testing it on a a8v-deluxe with 3000 venice e3 core.

results so far 2 sticks running @ 3200ddr DC mode pass. default voltage-- the ram seems as atable as any @ stock speeds 2.6v default settings. so far it is looking good.

installed an extra gig of pqi turbo -- and it works fine except it is now @ 166mhz .all 4 dimm's full.

but 2 gigs will do DC and run at 400mhz --not bad for $113. so far the asus a8v-deluxe bios 1014F seems to love this ram--with 2x 1g sticks.

going to test the a754 ECS nf4 MB and the asus a8n-sli deluxe next. :cool:

well put the two sticks in the a-754 and it booted right up and is running win-2000pro fine .

the thing it i frogot to set the ram back to default --so it is running with the cpu-overclocked to 250fsb-- the ram is running @ 209fsb/cl-2.5 t2 -the same settings i was useing on the inferion.

seems super stable so far-- going to try this ram in my DFI-LP ultra d with the e-3 venice next.

so far this ram seems better quality than the spot-market ram i've been seeing it can even do a little overclock @ 2.5--when its only rated for 3@ 400-- i so-far consider these sticks to be more of a "value ram-that spot-market stuff . even though the shipping was excessive-still a good deal.

on the A8v- i could run 2x1024 and 2x256mb of tccd side by side @ 400mhz/cl3 default volts. still running DC

now with 2x1024 and 2x 512-- the mb would default to 166mhz on the ram and run DC .

4 duble sided sticks will default to a lower speed. that said two of these sticks are all your going to need if your going to stay @ 400mhz. :eek: :cool:

well things are going so well with this ram-- i thought i would go ahead and try it in the main system. a highly overclocked A8N-sli deluxe MB . ever see anybody take out g-skill tccd's and put int 1g sticks of HD ram?--LOL

i did think this time to set things back to default . so far 2x 1024 's of this are running well @ 201mhz cl 2.5 t2 . with the cpu @ default 2000mhz it is a revision e3 venice 3200.

so far its looking good. i think i'm going to play some games and or try to stick in a couple of my SSD-tccds and see if they will play togeather. with the ECS you could overclock the cpu--and i don't think it will hinder overclocking--as long as you keep the ram near spec.

so far it seems to be suprisingly good ram for the $$$ :eek:

Viper87227 said:
I'd like to get this for a Chaintech VNF3-250. Has anyone tried this in an NF3 system, or more specifically that board?

it worked on my nf3 soltek board. The only problem was that it wouldn't run @ 200 with another stick of a different brand. So i pulled the other stick (256mb) out and it's been runnin fine @ 1gb 230mhz on my nf3 sempron setup.

ok --2 gig in the DFI lanparty ultra d --running 2.5cl in DC windows 2000pro sp 4 bios 618-03 (for tccd) seems to be running fine at 3200 speed (400mhz) . it is now running mem-test will post results in a bit. :cool:

JSF35rhino said:
ok --2 gig in the DFI lanparty ultra d --running 2.5cl in DC windows 2000pro sp 4 bios 618-03 (for tccd) seems to be running fine at 3200 speed (400mhz) . it is now running mem-test will post results in a bit. :cool:

Subscribed. I would like to see how it performs on that board. I am thinking about moving to DFI and 2x1gb sticks. Please share your experiences with that ram :)

so far so good --it's been running 2 gig on memtest stock speeds default settings on everything --except i did turn it up to T2 2.5cl 3-3 -8 dual channel (remember this is rated at cl3)

so far 6 out of 6 no errors --i've run it a little bit in win 2000 pro sp4 and it seems to love this ram. damn good ram for $45--the ram is set to auto--running bios 618-03beta for tccd

don't know what kind of chips these are--if i mix in a tccd it drops down to 133mhz--or mix in a couple ch-5s --drops it down to 166mhz ---now i have some old inferion 128mb sticks--put two of them in there with these 1g's and it will pull 400mhz ? don't know if its the chips or the configuration of the dimm sticks causing this. i wouldn't try to mix them other than for testing.

so far it has run well in every mb i have . and three of them are nf4's

ran it all day the day tuesday on my a8n-sli deluxe played some games and did some demanding stuff-- no problems at all .

ran it for a few hours on the ECS a754 nf4 mb overclocked the cpu to 250fsb--overclocked the ram to 210 @ cl2.5--ran for hours without a hiccup .

the day it came in i put the 2 gig in my asus a8v-deluxe via kt800pro and it ran like a champ there as well--so far i haven't had to up the v-dimm or tweek anything much with any of the mb's -

i wouldn't overclock this ram much-- it might be able to do something on the order of 201-218mhz --however you can overclock you cpu and keep the ram clost to its specs and it will do well.

i like it well enough to order a couple more @ $113 for 2 gig--that can't be beat-- :eek:

damn I just HATE buying from egay :( Sounds like you got a steal tho :D

$10 shipping :rolleyes: Better be packaged REAL well

JSF35rhino said:
so far so good --it's been running 2 gig on memtest stock speeds default settings on everything --except i did turn it up to T2 2.5cl 3-3 -8 dual channel (remember this is rated at cl3)

May you please test if is possible to run it in T1 default speed (PC3200) without memtest errors?
May you test it at 2,5 -3-3-8 T1?
And see also if at 3-3-3-8 T1?
And see how far you can go? (I mean...210...220...230 of FSB)

Thanks

i kinda think t1 is unlikely for a 1g $45 stick of ram .but i'll give it a go cause it it still running memtest in the df-ultra d.

as far as overclocking-- i ain't even going to try above 210 because it is high density --just be a waste of time i figure.

i do think thses are some kind of samsung ram--because the default v-dimm is 2.6v they are high density and thats why they underclock when installed with the low density tccd's

buffalo makes a 1G high density tccd stick--that looks a awful lot like these--just a WAG though .

well tried to run it this morning @ t2 2cl-3-3-8 DC 401mhz got about 5000 errors--lol

running rock solid @ 2.5cl though-- yea-yea-- i'm going to try T1--most likely cl3/auto but i don't see much point of running that loose even @ t1 IF it will run there.

note to self-- if overclocking--get real real loose--lol :cool:

JSF35rhino said:
well tried to run it this morning @ t2 2cl-3-3-8 DC 401mhz got about 5000 errors--lol

running rock solid @ 2.5cl though-- yea-yea-- i'm going to try T1--most likely cl3/auto but i don't see much point of running that loose even @ t1 IF it will run there.

note to self-- if overclocking--get real real loose--lol :cool:

just wanna see the best at cl3-3-3-8 T1 or cl2,5-3-3-8 T1 ;)

hey how do you set the thing to T1 command rate ?--i've been using asus too long !!

it the setting for twtr- the same as t1 ?--if so it's running t1 401mhz 3-3-3 -8 hasen't finished yet. :eek:
update-- two runs 4 errors-- if this setting is t1 TwTr 1--then it is allmost able to run t1 @ 400 stock v-dimm 2.6v

just a few errors--but nothing like running it at cl2 and getting 4000 !--LOL i wouldn't expect any $45 @ gig ram to run t1 or overclock a mucht --otherwise it is decent ram just don't think it 's going to run like g-skill tccd's-- it is as good as alot of the value ram i've been seeing though. :cool:

ran all day with no problems . so i must have had the wrong thing adjusted in the df-lp ultra d bios--

went back set cpc to enable (which i think it t1 now) set everything else back to auto and running memtest--so far no errors if it passes here @ 3-3-3-8 i'll try it @ 2.5 -3-3-8 which i think will work now i got the right thig adjusted i hope--lol

so far it is looking like it's going to pass @ t1 401 mhz 2.6v on the DFI :cool: (knock on wood)

ok so far so good --pass memtest 155 # 8 @ 402fsb 3-3-3-8 t1 dfi lp ultra d -2.6v

saturday i'll try to get it to run 2.5cl- @ t1 and see what happens--night -night !! :cool: :eek:

using nforce4 board with 2gigs of this stuff and it works fine. Worked fine at 230, have not tried higher but damn, for the price its a steal.

well i bragged on it too soon-- got 4 errors it will allmost work @ t1-2.5 cl it will work @ cl3 :eek:

ok--upped the v-core to 2.7v

it's run 4 loops of memtest @ t1-2.5-3-3-8 401mhz --for $45 a pop can't belive its running so good. going to let it run six loops before i call it workable though. :eek:

Well, I just ordered 2 GB. We'll see what happens :D. At this price, I can keep my G.Skill's for another rig ;).

well after 9 loops of mem test t1-2.5-3-3-8 @ 401mhz

no errors it will not run past 2.5 cl though --it also runs t1 well in the asus a8n-sli deluxe although i didn'tr bother to memtest it on either the a8n-sli deluxe , a8v-deluxe or ECS a754 .

4 sticks have to be set to t2--but i think that is another hardware issue --not the ram :eek:

Mine works with my Gigabyte 7va but not my Asus av600x (think that is teh model number)

liking the ram peeps....take a chance, you'll be pleasently surprised. Where else are ya gonna get 2 gig of memory for under 115.00 shipped?

I seriously might try this in a nForce 2 Ultra board... :-\

Unless someone has already tried with no success.

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
I seriously might try this in a nForce 2 Ultra board... :-\

Unless someone has already tried with no success.

I have a spare NF2 Ultra sitting around...if I get a chance I'll pop it in when I get the memory and see.

I have a Abit NF7-S Mobo, a Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 120 meg Graphics card, 512 Megs of Ram and a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Running at 1.83 Ghz. I usually play Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source and World of Warcraft... do you think 2 sticks of 1024 megs is worth the money for the games that I play?

SilentMonk3y said:
I have a Abit NF7-S Mobo, a Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 120 meg Graphics card, 512 Megs of Ram and a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Running at 1.83 Ghz. I usually play Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source and World of Warcraft... do you think 2 sticks of 1024 megs is worth the money for the games that I play?

Your system is most likely just too old to utilize 2 gigs effectively. A severely overclocked XP-M with a much more powerful graphics card would benefit though.

Welp, after several people here seem to be happy with this, I decided to jump.

Bought 4 sticks. Wish me luck :)

Shipping US $37.00
Shipping insurance: (required) US $8.00
6.750% OH Sales Tax US $12.15
Seller Total: US $237.15

$45 to ship 4 tiny sticks of ram - OUCH! Oh well, even with all that pain, it's still cheaper than the cheapest equivalent on pricewatch, so I guess I can't complain.

Going to be building a new NF4 PC, that I'll most likely put these in if it works. If not, I'm like everyone else here and have other PCs I can stick them in. lol

I have not been doing any o/c'ing lately, but I'll be happy to post my results with whatever nf4 mobo I end up buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back