1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm, looks like a great price but is it good ram? I didnt see a manufacuter name on the auction its a bit sketchy. BTW I dont think your allowed to post ebay auctions on [H]ard :p
-Appatula

Look again under the main picture...."Picture is for reference only - actual item will be PC3200 400 Mhz" what do you guys think about this one?
-Appatula

nice, qty 99 avail, anyone give is a go??

let us know, i'm curious what the timings are like. might pick it up just to have around for any future builds.

First, this bothers me:

The following conditions apply for refund:-

1. The item must be Returned within 7 days of the date you received it.

LIFETIME WARRANTY

Well, which is it??? :confused:

And why so few chipsets "known to work" with it?

You know what they say...if it sounds too good to be true...think I'll pass on this one ;)

98.5% feedback...hrm...i might get me 2 of these o_O...let ya'll know how I do? :( *whimpers*

He has some good deals, 1gig sony memory stick pro for $60 bucks? I've seen the 512meg ones go for that on sale.

I don't think Nvidia chipsets can use this ram. At least not the nforce2 chipset, the 128x4 density does not seem to be supported. Maybe the nforce3 and 4 will but I would not bet on it.

im probably going to buy a combo from him (building a new sys)...would be so much damn cheaper for a 3400+ / mobo / 2gb ram o_O!

whoa... so this board can't use it? here's what it says about my board:
Chipsets
nForce 2 IGP + MCP-T
Support Dual channel 200/266/333/400
Support Hyper Transport interface to MCP-T
Support UDMA 33/66/100/133 IDE interface
Support AC97’ 2.2 interface

so this is a no-go for me?

Perhaps a cheap in for anyone who's going to buy a Gigabyte iRAM? Anyone have any idea if this would work with it?

Anyone know the compatibility of these sticks? I've read just a little bit about high density sticks being hit or miss, but I don't know much about it.

meatycheesyboy said:
Perhaps a cheap in for anyone who's going to buy a Gigabyte iRAM? Anyone have any idea if this would work with it?

Exactly what I was thinking of when I saw this deal.... But still 4 of these will be $225 shipped plus the iRam another ~$300 (inital run).

$525 seems a little pricey for a 4GB hard drive don't it?

JAW said:
He has some good deals, 1gig sony memory stick pro for $60 bucks? I've seen the 512meg ones go for that on sale.

yeah - that is a great price. but that item is in the UK... wtf?

price: GBP 34.00 (Approximately US $60.51)

Time left: 18 hours 15 mins
7-day listing, Ends Aug-06-05 06:04:42 PDT
Start time: Jul-30-05 06:04:42 PDT
Quantity: 29 available
History: Purchases
Item location: 5 YRS WARRANTY - BRAND NEW - NO VAT
United Kingdom

rules?

1. No auction website links such as eBay or similiar are allowed. This includes eBay stores and websites that use a "BuyItNow" feature.

Qwertyman said:
rules?

1. No auction website links such as eBay or similiar are allowed. This includes eBay stores and websites that use a "BuyItNow" feature.
Thank you!

he charges a fortune for shipping, might as well almost double all of his prices.

Great price but it looks like commodity stuff. I can't see where it writes "6 layer pcb" anywhere. I'd recommend a lil caution and be sure to test it within the 7 day warranty period. Hope it works out ok for ya's.

If compatible this would be fantastic for that gigabyte ram drive....hmm

somebody buy this and let us know ASAP!! :D I'm a scarrrreeeddd little boy and I don't want to be the first!!!!

Aelfgeft said:
First, this bothers me:

Well, which is it??? :confused:

And why so few chipsets "known to work" with it?

You know what they say...if it sounds too good to be true...think I'll pass on this one ;)
Warranties and refunds have nothing to do with each other, other than possibly sending the item back - under warranty, you'd recieve a replacement item. A refund would get you money back. Not the same.
joeframbach said:
the feedback score is almost at 13337 :p
Is that a reference to "1337", or 31337"?

-bZj

Freedevil said:
slow ram plehh who would buy it

Shouldn't be any slower than the average pc3200. Rated for cas2.5 which is better than a good chunk of 1gb sticks out there.

The big question is compatiblity since its super high density.

I did the "Ask the Seller a Question", early on Friday, about the memory chips in the RAM, he hasn't answered yet :(

cmb4787 said:
10 bucks on the ram aint bad
Considering he apparently sticks it in a bubble mailer and ships it USPS, $10 for one and $19 for two sticks, plus $2 for required insurance, is outrageous -- typical eBay shipping scam. That said, even with shipping it's only slightly more than half the price of the cheapest 1GB sticks from Newegg. The cheapest PC3200 CL2.5 stick there is $102 shipped.

another auction had what looks to be the same ram. it says this "128x4 High Density Chipset (Not compatible with Intel & Nvidia chipset motherboard. Please email me for 64X8 Low Density 1GB DDR)"

I'd be careful. The guy blurred out the writing on the chips. Maybe he doesn't want us to know which ones he's using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back