Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup, I spammed it for a while and I couldn't get a 5950x past added to cart. Last time I at least got the the checkout page a few times.

Yup, I spammed it for a while and I couldn't get a 5950x past added to cart. Last time I at least got the the checkout page a few times.

I ended up getting it. I had to use Edge instead of Chrome though. Chrome is bugged for me in that it never does the payment right. Then I had to manually click the shipping and then review after I authorized PP. Also had to do a captcha twice and hit the "Place Order" button about 50 times before it took. Got an order number and a PP receipt though.

I wonder if maybe the site traffic was just heavier than normal with the 6700xt launch too? Can't say i've ever seen those issues on direct buy. If they run out, you usually get booted back to the product listing page.

Yeah my cart's gone, I was able to save the link and spam it to get back in after constant errors in Edge, but now it kicks me back to the product listing page.

Yeah my cart's gone, I was able to save the link and spam it to get back in after constant errors in Edge, but now it kicks me back to the product listing page.
Sorry to hear that. I'd definitely give it a shot next Thursday if you're not in a rush. I feel like this week wasn't typically how it goes.

I had to manually click the shipping and then review buttons and then it let me check out. Didn't do it automatically.

Thanks for this. Wonder if it's worth trying again next week or if it's just scalper time. 1AM here and I'm just trying my luck to get it shipped to a forwarding address in the USA XD

Not even sure if they'll take non US issued CCs.

Or the 5800X locally... hmm

Sorry to hear that. I'd definitely give it a shot next Thursday if you're not in a rush. I feel like this week wasn't typically how it goes.

absolutely no worries, it was worth a shot. but thanks for the info. it was actually quite interesting trying to spam the site XD

Would have been even more thrilling if the transaction actually went through haha

Last edited:
I can't even add anything to the cart. Even the CPUs that are normally in stock (5600x/5800x) just show a clock for a second before nothing happening.

I can't even add anything to the cart. Even the CPUs that are normally in stock (5600x/5800x) just show a clock for a second before nothing happening.
If you keep spamming it, the clock will turn more than once and it will actually add to your cart. Seems like the website is just buggered and you need to spam your clicks.

Same, page is showing add to cart for 5950x and 5900x but won't add.

Looks like a lot of people on stock checker feeds and discord are saying that the site has been pretty messed up today. Go figure the day after I tell people it's a great place to buy, lol.

If you keep spamming it, the clock will turn more than once and it will actually add to your cart. Seems like the website is just buggered and you need to spam your clicks.
It will spin for a few seconds sometimes but comes back with "item can not be added to your cart"

Looks like a lot of people on stock checker feeds and discord are saying that the site has been pretty messed up today. Go figure the day after I tell people it's a great place to buy, lol.
Yeah it's probably the 6700XT launch. That said, I'll probably order my RAM and try again next week XD

Thanks though, if i get itchy i can always do the local store haha

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable​

Got this a lot too

Yeah it's probably the 6700XT launch. That said, I'll probably order my RAM and try again next week XD

Thanks though, if i get itchy i can always do the local store haha
Wish you were in the states or somewhere with reasonable shipping. I'll have a 5800x that needs a new home by the weekend :(

Wish you were in the states or somewhere with reasonable shipping. I'll have a 5800x that needs a new home by the weekend :(
I do have a forwarder but at the cost of the local 5800Xs, the price of shipping to my country and the addon cost of the Paypal F&F may or may not make it feasible.

Actually closed a deal just today with another forum member who will be sending me something via forwarder.

XD We can take this to PMs hehe.

Last edited:
The 5950x is still in my cart (supposedly) but clicking on checkout gives me the 503 error page.

Sam

5900x in the Newegg shuffle today :)

-edit-

And a white 3070 Strix if you've been unicorn hunting lol

YEESSS! Finally after about 10 "you weren't selected" emails I won a Newegg Shuffle today and finally got to order a 5950X. Have had the X570 Tomahawk mobo sitting here since mid-Dec now next week I can finally do my upgrade.

sam
I was busy and forgot to sign up today. Damn it! I really need a 5900x or 5950x because:

I heard some cracking and popping in my PC this afternoon and then it bluescreened. Fortunately it came back up, but at this stage, I think I’m going to have to either go for a 5800x and board (while reusing my 1080Ti) or go the prebuilt route and get what I want. My backup PC is a Ryzen 1700x.

I was able to get a 5900x last week in the Thursday AMD drop. They seem to be pretty consistent, you just gotta be fast but it's not as bad as bots on Amazon. The past few weeks have also had 5950x and three or four of the latest Radeon models.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Actually had an account before but that e-mail address is long gone and other than join date not worth trying to revive.

Ordered a 5900x back in mid-January from shopblt when the expected ship date would be late January at best or mid-February at worst. The last ETA I got from them was 3/30 but judging by their stock tracker there will be an e-mail soon stating late April or mid-May. Unfortunately my idiot-self bought all the other components for the system at the end of January, so I'm hoping they all work because doing an RMA months after the purchase may be a pain to explain. The silver lining is that all the work projects that were delayed due to covid are now all hitting my desk at once so my free time is limited.

Yea it seems like cpu production is ramped up about as high as suppliers can get it now. I think pressure is dropping demand wise a little too. Maybe because some folks just got tired of the constant fighting with bots and decided to randomly check for availability throughout the next few months.

Prices on eBay have dropped a bit and I know many are on par with store prices at least here in Canada, so it might worth a quick look for your guys.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Actually had an account before but that e-mail address is long gone and other than join date not worth trying to revive.

Ordered a 5900x back in mid-January from shopblt when the expected ship date would be late January at best or mid-February at worst. The last ETA I got from them was 3/30 but judging by their stock tracker there will be an e-mail soon stating late April or mid-May. Unfortunately my idiot-self bought all the other components for the system at the end of January, so I'm hoping they all work because doing an RMA months after the purchase may be a pain to explain. The silver lining is that all the work projects that were delayed due to covid are now all hitting my desk at once so my free time is limited.
I stopped waiting and just got a 5800X. Your post reminds me I have a 3600X sitting here in it's box collecting dust. (like I wish it was cost effective to just loan it out to poor guys like you in this situation) If video cards weren't ridiculous it would already have had it's own rig built...as it is...I find it hard to hock it, but I see the same situation arising as it was "waiting" for a 5900X to appear. All your bang for the buck goes out the window as time goes on. Just make the jump. All the value in your head you think your getting with a 5900X is getting burned by time.

I stopped waiting and just got a 5800X. Your post reminds me I have a 3600X sitting here in it's box collecting dust. (like I wish it was cost effective to just loan it out to poor guys like you in this situation) If video cards weren't ridiculous it would already have had it's own rig built...as it is...I find it hard to hock it, but I see the same situation arising as it was "waiting" for a 5900X to appear. All your bang for the buck goes out the window as time goes on. Just make the jump. All the value in your head you think your getting with a 5900X is getting burned by time.

I did the same thing essentially. Bought a 5600x on launch day until I could find a different CPU. If the CPU is the only thing holding up your build, there's no harm in buying a 5800x and then just selling it (or moving it into another computer) when you get the CPU you want.

You hit the nail on the head stating that the value of the 5900x is getting burned by time. I've been thinking the exact same thing lately and have almost convinced myself to say to hell with it and pull the trigger on a 5800x. The only reason I haven't done so is because I can and will use the four extra cores regularly.
I did the same thing essentially. Bought a 5600x on launch day until I could find a different CPU. If the CPU is the only thing holding up your build, there's no harm in buying a 5800x and then just selling it (or moving it into another computer) when you get the CPU you want.
My cash flow doesn't allow for this which is why this doesn't work for me. Even then the headache and risk of trying to sell the CPU to be replaced might not be worth the tradeoff even if I did have the extra $600 laying around.

My cash flow doesn't allow for this which is why this doesn't work for me. Even then the headache and risk of trying to sell the CPU to be replaced might not be worth the tradeoff even if I did have the extra $600 laying around.

To each their own, but it worked out pretty well for me.

You hit the nail on the head stating that the value of the 5900x is getting burned by time. I've been thinking the exact same thing lately and have almost convinced myself to say to hell with it and pull the trigger on a 5800x. The only reason I haven't done so is because I can and will use the four extra cores regularly.

I need the extra cores but at this stage, I don't have a choice. My PC is having issues and I don't think it's long for the world, so Friday morning, I plan on driving 2 hours to the closest Microcenter and getting a 5800X, board, and if I am extremely lucky, a 3080 or 3090 (I know, stop laughing). I hate the fact that I can't get what I want and even wonder if I should just go Threadripper instead.

Looks like the shuffle had good stuff yesterday but I missed signing up. Sigh....

I need the extra cores but at this stage, I don't have a choice. My PC is having issues and I don't think it's long for the world, so Friday morning, I plan on driving 2 hours to the closest Microcenter and getting a 5800X, board, and if I am extremely lucky, a 3080 or 3090 (I know, stop laughing). I hate the fact that I can't get what I want and even wonder if I should just go Threadripper instead.

Looks like the shuffle had good stuff yesterday but I missed signing up. Sigh....
Microcenter was always my hope for getting a 5900x in the first place. I had been keeping loose track of what they did and didn't have for about a month to a month and a half and it seemed like there was a slow but somewhat steady supply of 5900x and 5950x. Usually they'd have at least a few every week but for the last two weeks or more not a single one of either. Even with the much higher sales tax and a 2+ one way trip to either of the Microcenter's "near" me it still would have been worth it. Typically with my luck the moment I was going to pull the trigger their stock completely dried up.

I just know that the moment I pull the trigger on a 5800x there will be 5900x's flooding the streets everywhere within a couple of days.

Microcenter was always my hope for getting a 5900x in the first place. I had been keeping loose track of what they did and didn't have for about a month to a month and a half and it seemed like there was a slow but somewhat steady supply of 5900x and 5950x. Usually they'd have at least a few every week but for the last two weeks or more not a single one of either. Even with the much higher sales tax and a 2+ one way trip to either of the Microcenter's "near" me it still would have been worth it. Typically with my luck the moment I was going to pull the trigger their stock completely dried up.

I just know that the moment I pull the trigger on a 5800x there will be 5900x's flooding the streets everywhere within a couple of days.

I had signed up for a 5900X preorder shortly after launch. If they kept to their anticipated schedule, I'd be getting it this week - the week my PC decided to take a dump. I canceled the preorder months ago thinking I'd get one faster. Dumb decision on my part.

And you're right - I'll blow $450 on a 5800x and 5900s and 5950s will probably flood the market.

Well decided to give GovGroup a try for 5900X will post back here with the results as they've had it listed forever @ $575. and change. IF it happens I'll flip it to someone here at cost since I don't really need it if not I'll just cancel the order.

I've been tempted several times to pick up a 5600x and live with that. Only reason I haven't is that I've got a couple of projects I should finish before I'll really have time to configure a new machine and the pre-order ETA has always been about a week away. At least I'm not distracted with a shiny new box.

I’m thinking I may go with a 3900x or 3950x and a z570 board and if I can ever actually get a 5950, replace the 1700x in my second PC with the 3000 series. Of course, something tells me we may see a new release before I can get a 5950. Is the next range of AMD CPUs going to work on AM4 or is 5000 series it?

I’m thinking I may go with a 3900x or 3950x and a z570 board and if I can ever actually get a 5950, replace the 1700x in my second PC with the 3000 series. Of course, something tells me we may see a new release before I can get a 5950. Is the next range of AMD CPUs going to work on AM4 or is 5000 series it?

Rumour-

https://www.cpu-rumors.com/category/amd/

AMD Zen 4 Ryzen 6000 Desktop CPUs to be Released in Early 2022

Now according to our source, the upcoming AMD ZEN 4 Ryzen 6000 series desktop CPUs will be released in the first half of 2022 at the earliest.
AMD ZEN 4 Ryzen 6000 series desktop CPUs code name is 5nm Raphael, support DDR5 memory and PCIe 5.0. Stay tuned for more info.

Back