Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coynatha

Limp Gawd
I ended up paying extra to get a 5600x from amazon ..
Depending on how much extra, it's almost worth it to me. I almost did, when you factor in the 4 hour total drive, probably stopping for a meal, etc...+$50-$75 to get one off Amazon ain't such a bad deal.

coynatha

Limp Gawd
What if the shortage of 5000 cpus is to clear out the remaining 3000 cpu supply?
Doubt it. Wouldn't they have cut prices, at least a little, on the 3000 series? Retailers only have so much shelf space, they wouldn't want to hang onto inventory that's not selling any longer than they have to.

Maybe when Rocket-Lake hits the market...if we see 5000 series in stock EVERYWHERE at MSRP...you may be on to something.

AMD.com had 5800x last week for a couple days at MSRP.
I saw that and thought, "figures they come back into stock when I have been out of work for a month." Same thing happened last year with an Asus RTX3090 Strix. I had money set aside and then family needed some financial help. Soon after, I had the opportunity to get the card and no money.

crazycrave

Gawd
Depending on how much extra, it's almost worth it to me. I almost did, when you factor in the 4 hour total drive, probably stopping for a meal, etc...+$50-$75 to get one off Amazon ain't such a bad deal.
I have had a B550 MSI Mortar for a while now with a Ryzen 3100 I picked up close to MSRP and selling it will cover the extra .. now I have to wait for a 6700 XT or put my RX 5700 with it .. just a RX 570 at the moment , It came Fed Ex with - in 2 days and I didn't pay for that service which was $384 shipped

freeagentt

Limp Gawd
I bought a 5600X from Newegg the other day for retail. There was only 4 in stock when I saw it immediately hit Apple Pay lol.. Third party was selling for 200 above retail. I hope all of those shit bag stores die when the world goes back to normal.