Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gone? LOL
Yeah, it was up @6:10am originally. I was late working then it clicked to post it here for someone here. Just for shits n giggles I checked to see if nowinstock caught it and it didn't. How in the hell can it miss a window that wide?

Yeah, it was up @6:10am originally. I was late working then it clicked to post it here for someone here. Just for shits n giggles I checked to see if nowinstock caught it and it didn't. How in the hell can it miss a window that wide?
the question is if you received amazon notification email about it? LOL

Reactions: Mylex
like this
the question is if you received amazon notification email about it? LOL
Hell no, I only new from a discord I'm in put it up and they aren't even tech first. The next tech discord I'm in put it up 6:17 it looks like.

I haven't been having any luck with nowinstock since the 3080 launch. It's been pretty garbage. The only way I was able to get a 3080 is by using F5. Anyone else have any decent alternatives?

I haven't been having any luck with nowinstock since the 3080 launch. It's been pretty garbage. The only way I was able to get a 3080 is by using F5. Anyone else have any decent alternatives?
Google "github streetmerchant" - one stock notification bot for Ampere, PS5, Zen3 etc.

Runs locally (so faster) and isn't trying to buy for you. I got a 3090 using this within a week

why is the 5600X getting so much love as the 'best gaming Zen 3 CPU'?...it's a great CPU but shouldn't the 5800X be getting more love?...it has the best silicon plus single CCX...most people are hung up on the price so they don't consider it a good value in relation to the 5600X and 5900X but I still think regardless of price the 5800X should be considered the best pure gaming CPU...won't 6 cores be a limiting factor a few years from now?

why is the 5600X getting so much love as the 'best gaming Zen 3 CPU'?...it's a great CPU but shouldn't the 5800X be getting more love?...it has the best silicon plus single CCX...most people are hung up on the price so they don't consider it a good value in relation to the 5600X and 5900X but I still think regardless of price the 5800X should be considered the best pure gaming CPU...won't 6 cores be a limiting factor a few years from now?

A few years from now, people will be on to the next latest and greatest thing. It's about right now, and right now, the 5600x is great bang for the buck for gaming. Price also factors in, and the 5800x isn't as good of a value as the 5600x for gaming only.

Like you said pricing, I am not sure if number of core is the good way to talk about limiting factor, multithread performance is what will probably be important, i.e. I doubt the 3700x will beat the 5600x in games a few years from now and I can easily imagine a DDR5 6600x beating a 5800x in game a few years from now.

When you look at pricing:
5600x + 3800 is about the same price than a 5800x + 3700, the first combo feel like a no brainer.
5600x + 6800xt is much cheaper than 5800x + 6800

It is all about what that $195 buy for for the particular buyer (very high performance ram kit instead of a regular one + a 6800xt instead of the 6800), $195 more expensive TV, etc...

Like you said pricing, I am not sure if number of core is the good way to talk about limiting factor, multithread performance is what will probably be important, i.e. I doubt the 3700x will beat the 5600x in games a few years from now and I can easily imagine a DDR5 6600x beating a 5800x in game a few years from now.

When you look at pricing:
5600x + 3800 is about the same price than a 5800x + 3700, the first combo feel like a no brainer.
5600x + 6800xt is much cheaper than 5800x + 6800

It is all about what that $195 buy for for the particular buyer (very high performance ram kit instead of a regular one + a 6800xt instead of the 6800), $195 more expensive TV, etc...

the eventual 5700X will slot in between both and most likely end up being the better overall value...then again the 5600 non-X might also be the best buy in terms of price/performance

it's not about Zen 4 beating a 5800X...no doubt it will...it's about the 5800X holding it's value for a very long time

Around 6AM. However, the preorder page was up since like 10PM PST the night before, so I'm waysssss off.
I ordered about 20 min after it went up. The fact that I haven’t gotten an email is probably a good thing.

Got an email from B&H too.

Unfortunately, as a result, it is unlikely that we will be able to fulfill your order until sometime during the first quarter of 2021 (January – March).

I ordered around midnight PST.

Must be part of AMD's nefarious scheme to raise prices ;)

Last edited:
Here is the exact sad email:

Thank you for your AMD Ryzen Processor order.

We have received a tremendous number of customer orders that are far in excess of the inventory that AMD has allocated to us. Unfortunately, as a result, it is unlikely that we will be able to fulfill your order until sometime during the first quarter of 2021 (January – March).

We are working closely with AMD trying to secure additional product. We will send you an update in early December.

If you have any questions, please email me along with your order number at [email protected]. In the event you would like to cancel your order, please use this link https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/order-history.jsp.

We appreciate your business and apologize for these delays.

"Le sigh"

I reread my email and it said they wouldn't be able to fulfill until AFTER March 2021. I ordered after you guys, obviously. :D

We have received a tremendous number of customer orders that are far in excess of the inventory that AMD has allocated to us. Unfortunately, as a result, it is unlikely that we will be able to fulfill your order until sometime during the first quarter of 2021 (January – March).
Translation: Hey broski. We never had stock... but we will keep your money just in case.

We are working closely with AMD trying to secure additional product. We will send you an update in early December.
Translation: We have some camera stuff in stock tho...

If you have any questions, please email me along with your order number at [email protected]. In the event you would like to cancel your order, please use this link https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/order-history.jsp.
Translation: Actually don't call us. We will call you. You sure you don't want any camera stuff?

Translation: Be sure you also try and buy a Radeon 6800/6800X/6900X from us as well!

Last edited:

Translation: Hey broski. We never had stock... but we will keep your money just in case.

Translation: We have some camera stuff in stock tho...

Translation: Actually don't call us. We will call you. You sure you don't want any camera stuff?

Translation: Be sure you also try and buy a Radeon 5800/5800X/5900X from us as well!
I just got one for 5950x:

"We expect to be able to ship your order by December 21st. This timing is subject to AMD’s current delivery schedule and is subject to change. We are working closely with AMD trying to secure additional product to hopefully accelerate the schedule."

Last edited:
Crossing my fingers 🤞 havent gotten that notice from B&H Yet , even if I do whats the chance both models get held to March

I just got one:

"We expect to be able to ship your order by December 21st. This timing is subject to AMD’s current delivery schedule and is subject to change. We are working closely with AMD trying to secure additional product to hopefully accelerate the schedule."
Nice! Did you order right after pre-orders were live at 10PM PST?

It's not the best and they should have stopped the pre-orders way sooner and let you place a backorder. At least they let you fippin' order it. I'd rather have put in a pre-order a month or more ago at Newegg, Best Buy, AMD and B&H and then just waited for a confirmation once one of them got one in for me. I placed a per order the other day for a new PCIe 4.0 M.2 on Newegg, why can't I do that for a 3080 and a 5950x and be done with it? With the 3080 it's a total poop show, what one would you pre-order? There are like 50 of them.

Got an email from BH Photo on my 5950x and 5900x orders. They said they won't be able to get it to me until Q1 2021. I ordered at 12:30 AM CST on the 5th. Looks like for sure I will be getting it from Microcenter before then.

All I can say is this FU 2020... by the time I get 5900x and 3080... the 3080TI and 5700x will be already out... LOL... crazy times... good luck to peeps with buying RDNA2 GPUs.... that will be another EPIC release...

I told you guys B&H sucks with backorders...lol. Sorry for anyone who was banking on that going through.

I told you guys B&H sucks with backorders...lol. Sorry for anyone who was banking on that going through.
I knew they did, but I thought “why not give it a shot?” This is pretty much the same thing they did with the 8700k as well. I’m not in any hurry - I won’t pay scalper prices but if someone from [H] gets an extra CPU, I’d pay them a little extra for their trouble. Otherwise I’ll wait.

I expected this based on my experience trying to buy Zen2.

I'm just glad they take pre-orders. I'd rather get in line and wait than pay scalper prices. Especially when I can cancel any time.

I expected this based on my experience trying to buy Zen2.

I'm just glad they take pre-orders. I'd rather get in line and wait than pay scalper prices. Especially when I can cancel any time.

My experience has been almost identical to zen2. I picked up a 3600 on launch day but couldn't find a 3900X. This time I got a 5600x because I couldn't find a 5900x.

In fairness the 5600X wasn't very hard to find. Nothing like trying to buy a video card or anything.

Reactions: Epos7
like this
Back