Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to see the fanboys defending this after attacking Nvidia and Intel in the past. Still hoping I am not too far on that B&H list :/
Well I'm not sure who ordered first, you or me. But I cancelled my 5950X on B&H once I secured one on Amazon. So you might be up 1 more spot.

I feel like this launch was much better than the 3080 launch. I had the opportunity last night to order the 5600x from B&H, and I decided not to.
This morning, I got all the way to the last checkout screen on both newegg and amazon for the 5600x and still refrained.

#usedtobe[H]

I would order the Ryzen 3300x though if it was ever available. Need a cheaper CPU for the kids computer. I'm fine with my Ryzen 3600
It's definitely better but the availability on what would be their flagship (5900x) was whack.

This launch is way better than the 3000 Nvidia launch....You can still get a new Ryzen 5000 series 6core right now. With Nvidia all the GPU's were gone in under 1 minute.

So I pre-orderd from B&H and they already charged me. Does that mean that I will be getting one or what?
Looks like not. I thought they said they would only charge PayPal right away but the charged my card and set my order to backordered. Lame!

This launch is way better than the 3000 Nvidia launch....You can still get a new Ryzen 5000 series 6core right now. With Nvidia all the GPU's were gone in under 1 minute.
More like 5 seconds...but yeah, I agree.

Looks like not. I thought they said they would only charge PayPal right away but the charged my card and set my order to backordered. Lame!
Same here, on the back order list. Thinking maybe end of Nov for me.

If you want to see some gaming benchmarks the $299 5600x is the way to go. In some games even out paces a 10900k!!!

If you want to see some gaming benchmarks the $299 5600x is the way to go. In some games even out paces a 10900k!!!

I got one from Newegg just because I have a new X570 Aorus Xtreme setting here but will be on the look out for a 5950x as I plan to keep it for a bit. Had the current CPU for like 9 years or so now.

Maybe they did not get an allocation. :p
That might be the case. If B&H didnt get any, I doubt BB got some. BB stating that it's online only, likely is a good hint that they didn't get a massive inventory that required distribution to their stores.

I thought they all (5000s) would it was just the number of cores. Is there a game that really uses more than 6 cores?

I wanted a 5900X and i check constantly for them to be listed but they weren't to be found until i got the email from newegg and it was already gone. They probably only got 100cpu's. Oh well I guess i will have to wait. I did pre-order my 5900x at B&H at like 6am et this morning so i don't know if that will get filled or not?

My mistake was trying to search for the 5900x / 5950x on newegg, it never appeared, and then I realized 5 minutes after 9am EST, you could get them through the promo links. Sold out. So then I drove over to our chain of Micro Center stores (Canada Computers) here in Toronto, and the manager came out and warned he didn't have stock to fulfill everyone in line. I stayed because I thought, well not everyone is after the same Sku. Turns out I was right, there were about 6 5600x in stock so I could have grabbed one, but that would have been a massive downgrade. So, so much for nicking one today.

FWIW, the manager said he's expecting thousands of 5600x next week, with more 5800x but limited supply. As for the 5900x it'll be even more constraint for another month, and his system is only showing a handful of 5950x over the next month.

I ordered a 5900 as well from B&H at 4am but it now shows as back ordered. Ordered a 5600 from amazon around 9:45 and it shows as shipping on the 13th. When I refresh that page now, the ship date is now the 29th.

Another mostly paper launch it would seem...

I need a video card anyways to complete my system. I guess i can wait

is there any good plugin that alerts of changes in the page so I can monitor BB as my last hope lol

I would pay someone to go to a microcenter that has a 5900x in stock

Microcenter houston had a line that wrapped around the entire store. I am not even going to bother going.

Looking at the ebay listings for the 5900x the sneaker bois are testing the waters. 26 or so new listings today but the problem is a ton of completed scalped items. Meaning blood is in the water and they will be watching for a short while to see what they can make.

5900X up at Best Buy. Was able to place an order through the app.

EDIT: Sold out. The 5950X also went up.

I just got off the phone with B&H rep they won't have any stock for 3 weeks ! I guess I won't be getting zen3 probably wait for Zen 4.

Just got an AMD email. Should be a law for this and scalping.

"NOW AVAILABLE. The world’s best desktop processor." All links sold out.

Best buy will be releasing in batches though out the day.
best buy.JPG

Back