Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I'm not sure who ordered first, you or me. But I cancelled my 5950X on B&H once I secured one on Amazon. So you might be up 1 more spot.
what time did you guys order on b@h photo , i was late about 3am eastern

Honestly all 3 of them are doing this on purpose probably to drive up demand.
I don't see why people think this. TSMC is limited on capacity. Do you think NVIDIA and AMD don't want to sell product? Demand is already well beyond supply.

Well I keep seeing stock of the 5800x and 5600x going in and out of stock at Bestbuy. So, keep an eye on that terrible website if you can.

Not sure if Newegg will get in more stock today.

Well I keep seeing stock of the 5800x and 5600x going in and out of stock at Bestbuy. So, keep an eye on that terrible website if you can.

Not sure if Newegg will get in more stock today.
when and how? refreshing?

when and how? refreshing?
yap just like every 4-5 minutes. I would like to try and snag a 5800x, but I am not trying that hard? Either way this launch is WAY better than the Nvidia 3000 launch.

I went to Microcenter in Westmont IL at 9:30am
All 5900X were sold out, I was 10 minutes too late. I was disappointed and watched review on my phone and got to the conclusion that the 5800X is enough for gaming. I asked them and they still had a couple 5600X and 5800X so I went with the 5800X
IMG_20201105_103459.jpgIMG_20201105_104317.jpg

Last edited:
All 5900X were sold out, I was 10 minutes too late. I was disappointed and watched review on my phone and got to the conclusion that the 5800X is enough for gaming. I asked them and they still had a couple 5600X and 5800X so I went with the 5800X
View attachment 296214
Yeah see this launch is no paper launch. You can still find Ryzen 3 stock at places. Be patient people!

View attachment 296214
This is closer to a normal cpu launches even with the bot action. That will probably get worst next drop. I'm happy my 5800x will be here by the time my x570 Creator gets to me.

i got a 5800x on the way from BB but im still hoping B&H gets me the 5900x i preordered.

Snagged a 5800x during the BB restock. Keep refreshing. Had to jump through hella authentication hoops but managed to secure one. BH still has my 5900 backorder. Will see what the end result is going to be.

i got a 5800x on the way from BB but im still hoping B&H gets me the 5900x i preordered.
Same boat friend. I gotta watch reviews after work and see if I want to just pocket the difference. The hype around 5900x and AMD treating it like its flagship wants me to just for up the $100 difference now and not worry about upgrading for 5+ years.

Yeah see this launch is no paper launch. You can still find Ryzen 3 stock at places. Be patient people!
It is a paper launch since people cannot find 5900 and 5950x and have been trying since yesterday like me. So no need to sugar coat it. Just because a few have been able to find them does not mean is a solid launch ;)

It is a paper launch since people cannot find 5900 and 5950x and have been trying since yesterday like me. So no need to sugar coat it. Just because a few have been able to find them does not mean is a solid launch ;)
They had more then 10 at my Microcenter of the 5900X, no 5950X though. But Microcenter Chicago had some 5950X in stock. I guess we have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of days.

Why were you trying yesterday? The links on Amazon and Best Buy were purposely not activated until a short while before on sale? Look at all the scalper purchases, unfortunately the sneaker bois/bot runners have realize that hardware enthusiast will pay them. The completed ebay sales are double the msrp and still grossly climbing.

Who is to say there wasn't 500k. There might of been over a million.

I got back ordered too but expected since I didn't order til 6am. Still shitty they are charging cc when they have no stock.
Its charged but stays as pending until they ship, right? Unless it's Paypal, then funds gets removed instantly.

Who is to say there wasn't 500k. There might of been over a million.

I got back ordered too but expected since I didn't order til 6am. Still shitty they are charging cc when they have no stock.
I'm going to cancel my BH order and will use the 5800X for at least 6 months or longer. Somewhere down the road I will get the 5959X i guess, but honestly, do we need more than 8 cores for gaming?

I'm going to cancel my BH order and will use the 5800X for at least 6 months or longer. Somewhere down the road I will get the 5959X i guess, but honestly, do we need more than 8 cores for gaming?
I think for a long time no, 8/16 will be more than enough this cycle of consoles.

Why were you trying yesterday? The links on Amazon and Best Buy were purposely not activated until a short while before on sale? Look at all the scalper purchases, unfortunately the sneaker bois/bot runners have realize that hardware enthusiast will pay them. The completed ebay sales are double the msrp and still grossly climbing.
Because the B&H link came up yesterday. So I kept checking all others and even doing that, was not enough.

the scalpers are all B&H preorders is my guess.

Got a shipping label from NE for my 5800x.

No Far Cry 6 promotion on it, though...gonna have to get in touch with support I guess.

Also, scalping these is fucking stupid...they will be back in-stock soon.

Scalpers on Ebay again. It is baffling that there seem to be people buying it at those prices. There aren't many workloads where you must have the best single-core performance. Paying marked up prices when you can get way more cores from the last gen just doesn't make sense.

Back