Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Along with the AMD promotional time and a Norwegian retailer confirming, it seems to be 6 AM PST / 9 AM EST.

I guess other retailers breaking with that time is possible, though.

Still a better chance than bots being set to order as soon as add to cart shows up with no human intervention. I got the mx518 deal last week, I bet I can click through checkout quicker than the botmasters can click their stupid direct checkout links :D
I know it would take time on their end but why not have them call your cell to validate the order? Also, maybe you have to have an account that is older than a year and has other purchases sent to a home address. If it's something they only have 50 of on release it would not be too bad. Nothing in that for them I guess, they still sell all the 3080 GPUs and 5950x CPUs they have.

Along with the AMD promotional time and a Norwegian retailer confirming, it seems to be 6 AM PST / 9 AM EST.

I guess other retailers breaking with that time is possible, though.
Yep, but no real reason to as everyone will be sold out that day or the next so why go early and upset AMD?

1604519655368.png

ready

I'm swapping the PSU out of my current machine, so have to wait until the whole build is together.
From which PSU to what? I just got gigabyte gp-p850GM come in. Thinking about using this to save some $$ and return the Corsair RMx850.

Man, I haven't ordered my board yet and you guys have everything locked in...eeeek
Same here. If I can get a 5950x day one, I will order the Asus Hero or Formula..if not, then I will see if any sales come up for mobos on BF as long as I dont have a CPU, I am in no hurry :/

From which PSU to what? I just got gigabyte gp-p850GM come in. Thinking about using this to save some $$ and return the Corsair RMx850.
No, I mean my current rig has the PSU I am going to use for the new build, so I am waiting to get all the parts in before doing anything. It's an Enermax 1050w unit.

No, I mean my current rig has the PSU I am going to use for the new build, so I am waiting to get all the parts in before doing anything. It's an Enermax 1050w unit.
Ooo, nice! That's going to be a nice upgrade from the 4th gen.

Hey Aorus team! I was thinking about this board versus the Asus variation. This board does have the ultra rare USB c front panel connector, right?
yes, that's why I ended up with one as well.

Hey Aorus team! I was thinking about this board versus the Asus variation. This board does have the ultra rare USB c front panel connector, right?
It does. That was a requirement because of my case. I didn’t know it was rare, my x470 has it too.

It does. That was a requirement because of my case. I didn’t know it was rare, my x470 has it too.
At least rare based on the boards that I had saved on my list. I just bit the bullet and ordered x570 Aorus Master. I think I am going to keep my Gigabyte PSU so I can have a partial Gigabyte rig. The parts are Corsair so it'll be a nice blend of the 2. Pretty excited ya'll!

Will this one work? https://photos.app.goo.gl/uKAuC4FBCphojZ9v7

I'm hoping for a 5950x and a 64GB or 128GB 3800-4000MHz kit but if it is a shit show I may be looking on ebay for a 3000-somthing to hold me over. :(

I too am hoping for either a 5900x or 5950x to go with my 3800mhz cl14 memory.

after seeing the 5600x able to hit 4.7ghz on all cores....I am stoked to give overclocking a shot on these new CPU's.

Man, I haven't ordered my board yet and you guys have everything locked in...eeeek
I could not find the AORUS Xtreme anywhere for under $1000 then Amazon listed it as in stock in 2 weeks so I ordered one and just got it yesterday.

I bought a B550 Aorus Master. It's so overbuilt for CPU power it's a bit nuts. One of the main reasons I got it was because you can run 3 PCIe 4.0 M.2 drives off the CPU. It splits the GPU lanes into 8/4/4 if you do and steals them. Hadn't seen that before. 8 is plenty for a PCIe 4.0 video card.

I bought a B550 Aorus Master. It's so overbuilt for CPU power it's a bit nuts. One of the main reasons I got it was because you can run 3 PCIe 4.0 M.2 drives off the CPU. It splits the GPU lanes into 8/4/4 if you do and steals them. Hadn't seen that before. 8 is plenty for a PCIe 4.0 video card.
That's pretty cool.

I will buy one tomorrow at Microcetner and immediately report availability on the forum

I was also going to mention that I do not believe scalping will even be an issue for CPUs

it has never been in the past. It is more or less due to the complexity of CPUs vs a simple add in board like a GPU.

Many people in order to make use of these new CPUs are going to have to swap their mother board and ram. It would seem the bulk of people out there are running older DDR3 based CPUs still to this day.

Also 1st gen Ryzen owners have to change boards to get a new chip.
Intel owners have to change boards to get a new chip.
Only the most recent AMD 400 series and above boards support the new CPUs

This is a serious handicap for scalping because people are not going to be able to just pull an old cpu and plop a new one in with any amount of ease except a very small percentage of the general enthusiast crowd. Couple this with the fact that when people do want to get a Ryzen 5000 series they are going to get sticker shock when the see the price of an X570 board and DDR4 RAM etc.... theyre gonna be like hell naw, my shit works good as is. No need to spend all that extra money for an already $500 chip as it stands.

I was also going to mention that I do not believe scalping will even be an issue for CPUs

it has never been in the past. It is more or less due to the complexity of CPUs vs a simple add in board like a GPU.

Many people in order to make use of these new CPUs are going to have to swap their mother board and ram. It would seem the bulk of people out there are running older DDR3 based CPUs still to this day.

This is a serious handicap for scalping because people are not going to be able to just pull an old cpu and plop a new one in with any amount of ease except a very small percentage of the general enthusiast crowd. Couple this with the fact that when people do want to get a Ryzen 5000 series they are going to get sticker shock when the see the price of an X570 board and DDR4 RAM etc.... theyre gonna be like hell naw, my shit works good as is. No need to spend all that extra money for an already $500 chip as it stands.

I got a 2700 and 3700. I’ll be fine.

I already have a 3960x Threadripper. I would derive ZERO benefit from Zen 3 except that Direct Memory Access thingy and there is a chance maybe AMD will enable that function for TR40x boards in the near future. I dont see why not.

I want to buy a chip just to build another system in my house but now im already starting to have second thoughts about it and I might not do it.

More or less I am 200% getting a 6800xt and that is my absolute hardware priority other than more ammunition and a new Marlin 45-70gov if I can find one in the wild.

Yea but now three is a taste for it out there and the bots and services that let folks buy up stuff without a thought. Also, the new 3000s were not easy to get last time around before the shoe/sneaker bots. :(

I already have a 3960x Threadripper. I would derive ZERO benefit from Zen 3 except that Direct Memory Access thingy and there is a chance maybe AMD will enable that function for TR40x boards in the near future. I dont see why not.

I want to buy a chip just to build another system in my house but now im already starting to have second thoughts about it and I might not do it.

More or less I am 200% getting a 6800xt and that is my absolute hardware priority other than more ammunition and a new Marlin 45-70gov if I can find one in the wild.
"ZERO benefit" So the 5960x will be hot garbage? :p There is more to the Zen 3 than core count and the SAM.

"ZERO benefit" So the 5960x will be hot garbage? :p There is more to the Zen 3 than core count and the SAM.
Err, I think you may have meant 5950x. The 5960x is a six year old Intel chip. :D

The AMD Ryzen 9 5950x is the hot garbage I hope to buy tomorrow. ;)

I'm really hoping to get my hands on a 5800x, preferably from Amazon if they get any stock.

Back