Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is better about the app? They get to sell more of your data?

I'm faster on the PC and can look at more sites.

Just loaded the App for the heck of it and both my credit cards were out of date. They also make you re-enter the number to place an order, just testing and it says I have to when shipping to a new or changed address, been the same for like 30 years. ???

Last edited:
Why Amazon?
I'm in a vicious cycle with Amazon, we get points on our amazon credit card that turns into gift cards to add in with the gift cards we receive constantly for presents,thanks you's whatever... I don't think I've made a purchase this year without some sort of gift card on it.

Last edited:
I'm in a vicious cycle with Amazon, we get points on our amazon credit card that turns into gift cards to add in with the gift cards we receive constantly for presents,thanks you's whatever... I don't think I've made a purchase this year with some sort of gift card on it.
With my GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Xtreme I just used up the last of my like $10k in Amazon gift cards. I ran my PC for a little of a month back in the day and made 19 or so Bitcoin when it was like $20 a coin just for fun. Sold most of it too soon but when it got up to like $10k a coin I got some $2k Amazon gift cards. The site I was using stopped selling the larger amounts on the gift cards so now I'm waiting for PayPal to start taking them in the next moth or so and cash out.

Reactions: Mylex
like this
Why Amazon?
Because Newegg turned to shit a few years back and there's been some kind of issue every time I've ordered from them.
Amazon on the other hand has a near flawless track record with me and much faster shipping. I'll use Newegg but it's not my first choice anymore.

So you mean I may not be lucky to get one today from my preorder?
Possible. Depends on how much stock they have and how many people pre-ordered before you. B&H tends to close their pre-orders/orders after they have surpassed their initial stock. So the earlier you ordered the better chance you have to be a part of the first batch, but I wouldn’t say anything is guaranteed at this point.

I just pre-ordered the 5950x from b&h. Got get
them 😁
pulled the trigger on 5900x ... I was debating between 5800x and 5900x... however for $100USD more I just went for it. Hopefully I will make the first cut. When would they ship it if I make it?

pulled the trigger on 5900x ... I was debating between 5800x and 5900x... however for $100USD more I just went for it. Hopefully I will make the first cut. When would they ship it if I make it?
Says free expedited shipping. I’m guessing if you’re first batch then it’ll ship by Friday?

I just pre-ordered the 5950x from b&h. Got get
them 😁
Just did the same. Was about to go to bed and wait for 6am.

Now I just need to hope my CC doesn’t do something dumb. Seem like a lot of times lately the bank will decline and try to verify the purchase. I’ll reply to the text and whatnot but the order will already be messed up. I know they are trying to protect me from scams but man it’s a pain. I’ve found I have less issue using PayPal that is tied to the same CC. ???

I went for the 5950 from B&H too. Everything else is already here and waiting.

Well, except for a shiny new RX 6800 XT....

Just did the same. Was about to go to bed and wait for 6am.

Because Newegg turned to shit a few years back and there's been some kind of issue every time I've ordered from them.
Amazon on the other hand has a near flawless track record with me and much faster shipping. I'll use Newegg but it's not my first choice anymore.
Not as good as they once were, I think it's all the 3rd party stuff. Amazon seem more polished but they just do not have the info or reviews or filters. Also, lots of stuff just don't show up on time, now real update no offer of compensation, just sucks for you. I'm also in CA and now you have to pay tax anyway, I like to try and buy from Newegg when I can. Finding RAM is a nightmare, finding RAM on Amazon is not...

"ZERO benefit" So the 5960x will be hot garbage? :p There is more to the Zen 3 than core count and the SAM.

I have assessed my needs and decided that I will derive no benefit that justifies dumping my 24 core for 8 faster cores. This doesn't mean I wont. I am going to buy a 5800x and compare my productivity jobs vs my 3960x and who knows maybe I will switch. The benefit of quad channel ram for me is absolutely nil as I only do video work. Nothing else that requires huge ram bandwidth. I think fast cores or more cores might be an equal benefit so I have to literally assess this in person using the hardware.

If i wasn't married to g-sync monitor (not freesync friendly) I would consider it.
Is it real G-Sync or proprietary NVidia freesync? My LGC977 only has proprietary NVidia freesync. God I hate NVidia.

I have assessed my needs and decided that I will derive no benefit that justifies dumping my 24 core for 8 faster cores. This doesn't mean I wont. I am going to buy a 5800x and compare my productivity jobs vs my 3960x and who knows maybe I will switch. The benefit of quad channel ram for me is absolutely nil as I only do video work. Nothing else that requires huge ram bandwidth. I think fast cores or more cores might be an equal benefit so I have to literally assess this in person using the hardware.
Yea, I was wondering if the 19-ish% IPC would be the same for current Threadripper. Besides B&H says "AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 24-Core AM4 Processor, which features 16 cores and 32 threads" ???

Ugh, we already have one sneaker boi feeling out the market on Ebay. 5900 auction

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I seriously hope no one is paying $1300 for a 5900x.

Regarding B&H, be aware that the pre-order has been up for well over an hour now and is still up. There is no estimated date, meaning they may have zero chips on launch. This happened with the 3080 as well.

Someone on Discord was saying it took their friend 3 months to get a 3900x pre-order from B&H.

If nothing else, don't use PayPal or they will pre charge you.

Regarding B&H, be aware that the pre-order has been up for well over an hour now and is still up. There is no estimated date, meaning they may have zero chips on launch. This happened with the 3080 as well.

Someone on Discord was saying it took their friend 3 months to get a 3900x pre-order from B&H.

I hope they will cancel or update my order prior to 9am, so I can try newegg/amazon.

I got the GearInStock notice at 9:17pm so not to bad but there could have been a 1000 bot orders before me. ???

I pre-ordered with paypal. Can we not cancel them if we order through paypal?

I pre-ordered with paypal. Can we not cancel them if we order through paypal?
I don't see why not if they don't ship it in the morning. They just warn you that it is charged immediately if you use PayPal or other digital payment.

I don't see why not if they don't ship it in the morning. They just warn you that it is charged immediately if you use PayPal or other digital payment.
Thats fine with me. I ordered both the 5900x and 5950x.

Just placed my pre-order for a 5900X with B&H to my Amex. My card was charged right away. I hope that is a good sign.

5900X_BH.PNG

From B&H Photo just pre-ordered 5950x and a 5900x. One will replace a 3900x and the other My 9900KS depending which one binned better will go in my main rig. My goal to see which one overclocks better

From B&H Photo just pre-ordered 5950x and a 5900x. One will replace a 3900x and the other My 9900KS depending which one binned better will go in my main rig. My goal to see which one overclocks better
Some guy is pre selling his on my local CL.

Screenshot_20201105-021638.png
Screenshot_20201105-021631.png

Back