Zalman CNPS9500

I was checking out a forum and a guy said a rep told him that the CNPS9500 would not be out till October.

So i thought i might contact Zalman myself to get the story straight and i ended up checking out their forum where a the Administrator of the forum a Zamlan USA Technical Support Employee answered a question about the release saying " The product will be available in October.".

October come on.........

Some stores are saying end of aug,others septand Zalman forum Oct....gessh...........

chrisyak said:
I was checking out a forum and a guy said a rep told him that the CNPS9500 would not be out till October.

So i thought i might contact Zalman myself to get the story straight and i ended up checking out their forum where a the Administrator of the forum a Zamlan USA Technical Support Employee answered a question about the release saying " The product will be available in October.".

October come on.........

Some stores are saying end of aug,others septand Zalman forum Oct....gessh...........

really. i want this cooler in now bcause it fits the airflow pattern of my case perfectly.

sharka computers .. said wont be in the states until the 15th and the soonest it will ship out is the 19th

Straight from the horse's mouth (with broken english and everything):

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Our CNPS9500 LED is officially released now. Please check with your reseller and see when they will have the stock.

Thanks!

Support/Zalman"

This was posted on Zalman's Q+A board by a representative from Zalman at 11:12pm on August 31st, 2005.

Link: http://www.zalman.co.kr/

But... I haven't seen it anywhere, yet. I'll be gettin' one!

J3RK said:
My CNPS7700-Cu is working quite well. My Venice at 2500 is running at 33C. If that isn't working well for air, then I'm not quite sure what would be. That temp is a few degrees below a friend's identical setup with an XP90.

I think the difference is probably case airflow or the fan on top of the XP90 because the XP90 is a better cooler. Not that the Zalman is bad, but it's just not as good as the XP90.

Pre Orders Only! This item will begin shipping on September 19th on a first come first serve basis.

according to sharkacomputers.com................

I've had mine since Thursday! :p Got it from QuietPC (UK) complete with nasty Zalman Baseball Cap.

You're right, it is up on NewEgg now! Yesssss, however, it's more-or-less, they're out of stock :-\

ETA 9/28/05

Like you said though, Froogle and i'm sure someone has some still in stock.

Got mine from sharka two days ago. It replaced a XP-120. So far idle is exactly the same, load is 2 deg cooler. It is however way more quiet than the fan I had on the XP-120 even at max rpms. IMO if you have a XP-90 or XP-120 don't bother unless you have money burning a hole in your wallet.

snoops said:
Got mine from sharka two days ago. It replaced a XP-120. So far idle is exactly the same, load is 2 deg cooler. It is however way more quiet than the fan I had on the XP-120 even at max rpms. IMO if you have a XP-90 or XP-120 don't bother unless you have money burning a hole in your wallet.
do you see any difference in chipset temps?
what kind of fan did you have on the XP-120?

Chipset temps seem to be the same with the zalman. Since my board is inverted it was giving that passive heatsink on the SLI premium board issues. Slapped a NB cooler right on top of it and that seem to help. Fan on the XP-120 was a CoolerMaster 120mm LED Silent Fan. My 4400+ seems sit right at 55deg under full load with fan at lowest speed on this zalman. Here are some pics for you losers. :D

open.jpg

heatsink3.jpg

heatsink4.jpg

snoops said:
BTW I know the fucking thing is crooked, I mounted it like that on purpose because the fan is blowing straight down and it was also making a humming sound when i had it straight. :p

Well, did you know it's not supposed to be blowing straight down? :p

You have it mounted totally wrong. The fan should be in the same orientation as your rear case fan or else the hot air is just going to be bouncing back at the heatsink. I would read page 3 of your manual again ;).

I just ordered my CNPS9500LED yesterday on excaliberpc. I also have a BFG 7800GTX OC and that same Asus A8N SLI Premium, can't wait to see how this drops my temps over this POS Tt Venus 12. It's like a hairdryer in my case on high.

SLiCkFX said:
Well, did you know it's not supposed to be blowing straight down? :p

You have it mounted totally wrong. The fan should be in the same orientation as your rear case fan or else the hot air is just going to be bouncing back at the heatsink. I would read page 3 of your manual again ;).

OMG I am a complete freaking moron! :rolleyes: I was so damn excited when I got it I didnt even bother to read the damn instructions. Come on we are males...WFT are instructions? :D
Posted the new pics with it rotated. Now you arent going to beleive what I'm seeing. Freaking 7degs cooler at idle and about 5 degs cooler under load than my XP-120. Holy shit guys beleive the freaking hype on this one. It blows the XP-120 out of the water!!! Damn I'm gonna throw some more volts at this X2 see if I can get it over 2.7.

Ahaha,

So true. I still cant believe you managed to put the heatsink on at the wrong angle :p

I sold a few on eBay. I will try to get another shipment if they are still in stock. I have been selling them for $77 shipped.

The CNPS9500LED is amazing, I am overclocking my 3500 NewCastle 130nm to 2.310GHz FSB 840.00 (about 5% OC) and it idles around 32C. Under load the hottest I've ever gotten it with this new hsf has been 44C when I was overclocked to 2.420GHz FSB 880.00 which works out to about a 10 OC% all the while the fan was in quiet mode which is inaudible with case fans and the psu fans running. That and when idle my CPU idles about 2C cooler than my chipset. I'd like to see how cool it can keep a Venice / San Diego / Toledo core.

DT-Internals1.jpg

ZalmanCNPS9500LED.jpg

DT-Desktop.jpg

DT-SidePanel.jpg

The non-LED side needs to be towards the rear fan, as posted above.

I just installed mine. Went from the 7000B-Cu to this 9500.

My idle temp was 38c, now its 35c. My load temp was 47c, now its 42c. I was using Speedfan to test, and running a Farcry benchmark looped twice for the test on load. My results dont seem to compare to reviews, but thats what I got.

This week I installed a NV Silencer rev.3 on my GTX, and now this. $100+ on cooling... but I wanted hot air out of my case.

btw, ZZF has them for $69.99 and free 2 days shipping.

fallguy said:
This week I installed a NV Silencer rev.3 on my GTX, and now this. $100+ on cooling... but I wanted hot air out of my case.
what kind of temp difference did you see?
maybe you could post your results here?

EnderW said:
nice pics Bassist-X
how's the noise at 12V?

and excaliberpc has it for $64.95 free shipping
http://www.excaliberpc.com/Zalman_CNPS9500-LED_Silent_Pure/CNPS9500-LED/partinfo-id-556646.html

Cranked it's definately tolerable but not neccesary. I use the fan management that comes with my Asus board called Qfan that regulates the fan speed to about 1300RPMs in which case I can't really distinguish it at all over the sound from my case fans. It's quiet and efficient, I love it. If you have no onboard RPM regulator zalman includes one with this hsf, I just prefer my mobo to ramp up/down the speed with the load on the processor for minimal noise.

Has anyone attempted to replace the fan with a higher flow one, like a Tornado or something like that? THAT would be interesting to see how far the temps would drop!

man, i just can't decide between this, the xp-120 or the si-120. i think i need a triple proc mb so I can use all 3. :(

Back