Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

The Envy is pretty sexy... Weren't they doing uni-body construction before Apple was? There's even a carbon-fiber version, I'd say that's pretty forward-looking and not bling for the sake of bling... It's battery life was lackluster IIRC though (the whole thing was as thin as the Air though).

Here is my Dell Precison M6400 Cove, I will have some better pictures later tonightt:

img0304e.jpg

img0301.jpg

img0303x.jpg

Core 2 1.66ghz
3gb ram
250GB hard drive

Nice Elitebook....my work happened to give me one last week too.....funny how that works! How are you liking it? Gotta love HP build quality.

Oh its a nice laptop thats for sure, the brushed metal is so much better than the older black plastic finish of the previous HP I had. Even the dock is a nice matching silver as well :) Its really portable as well as usuable, most practical for work thats for sure.

I agree, my old HP felt somewhat cheap. The brushed aluminum makes it feel more substantial while still remaining professional enough. I kinda want one for personal use....

Dell Mini 9 matched with my old Toshiba workhorse
3412205923_58428cacb6_b.jpg

The Hackintosh in its glory
3412210723_b5956dcb43.jpg

3412225069_d327429edc_b.jpg

Damned impressive stuff. Begs the question: how's OSx86 run on that thing, and I'm guessing you've maxed out the RAM on the mini, right? Always nice to see the work I did back at the beginning of The OSx86 Project lives to this day... :D

Damned impressive stuff. Begs the question: how's OSx86 run on that thing, and I'm guessing you've maxed out the RAM on the mini, right? Always nice to see the work I did back at the beginning of The OSx86 Project lives to this day... :D

Ram is at the max of 2gb, wish the atom proc didn't limit that; surprisingly, osx runs incredibly well! Almost flawlessly - the only time theres been a problem is when I output video, i cannot mirror the mini9's display, i can only extend the desktop, which works great. Firefox can drag on flash intensive pages, but overall, i'm a convert! Hopefully the new macbook pro I spec'd out last week will get approved and ill be on the way to new pastures.

Even the vmware runs very well with this setup. It drags a bit when loading everything up when the vm is started, but thats only an issue due to the ram limitation.

I don't think it's the Atom that limits the amount of RAM but the NB... 'Course since Intel bundles the mobo chipset with the Atom to undercut everyone else in pricing it's kind of irrelevant. :p

They're called Tweakers. You twist the top to pop up the bass modules. The bottoms are magnetized for easy storage in the little carrying bag. The cords retract automatically into each speaker. Charge them with the USB adapter. When the little light turns blue, they're good to go. I've had them going since about 9:00 a.m., still cranking great. I'm quite impressed how much clean audio these little guys pump out. They also work on an iPod, iPhone. I haven't tried them on my BB 8320, yet.

Get them here: http://grandmax.com/

They come in black and red.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

hmm those look neat wolf! how long do they last on a charge?
Thanks, man! I've had them on and playing for nearly 12 hours hours straight. Still crankin'! The manual said it takes 2-3 hours to charge, but they were fully charged in only about 20 minutes.

Do you get mono audio if you only hook one of 'em up or do you get only one channel instead?

Do you get mono audio if you only hook one of 'em up or do you get only one channel instead?
I'll check...

EDIT: Nope. There's no sound from the one plugged into the laptop. The other speaker is the one that accepts the charge, so it's not a surprise.

Thanks, man! I've had them on and playing for nearly 12 hours hours straight. Still crankin'! The manual said it takes 2-3 hours to charge, but they were fully charged in only about 20 minutes.

dimensions when they are closed in the baggie? :D

dimensions when they are closed in the baggie? :D
Pretty small... each is a little over 3" tall when fully extended, 2" when closed, 2" wide. They weigh about 4 oz. each. They're covered with a kind of very thin, rubber-ish skin. Ever use a Razer DeathAdder mouse? The Tweakers feel exactly like the DeathAdder.

that mbp anodized orange? or just the reflection of the light screwing with my eyes? either way, nice setup

Along the edge you mean? I think it's just the shade/reflection... Colors are off or oddly shaded elsewhere in the photo as well (underside of mouse, hard drive if you've seen that WD first hand, keyboard, etc).

that mbp anodized orange? or just the reflection of the light screwing with my eyes? either way, nice setup

Along the edge you mean? I think it's just the shade/reflection... Colors are off or oddly shaded elsewhere in the photo as well (underside of mouse, hard drive if you've seen that WD first hand, keyboard, etc).

It's the Speck Satin Hardshell case - http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru-satin/macbook-pro-15-aluminum-black-keys/164 (In red)

My Beast.. for a while anyway:

IMG_2105.jpg

Sorry little notepad on there for selling purposes. Didn't want to go run and take photos just for this thread. :)

Sandman I like your wallpaper :)

Umm...2 new laptops in the span of 4 days. I really need to figure out why these pictures keep showing up so grainy.

The T61p was replaced by the W500 as my primary system (VMware workstation)

DSC02164.jpg

then replaced AGAIN as my secondary system by the 8710w (multimedia, gaming, experimentation)

DSC02190.jpg

Might as well toss my netbook in there too...

DSC02188.jpg

I'll post a glamor shot once I move..

Got my first notebook the other day. It's so unpractical and ridiculous in nearly every single way I can think of, but I love it anyway. lol

MG_1570.jpg

MG_1571.jpg

Was just editing photos out on the patio~

lol Yeah, it's really nice about breathing fire.

I'm still waiting for its looks to grow on me mostly, but the main reason I call it unpractical is because it's got a gtx 260m (hence short battery life) paired off with an underwhelming proc and a lower res screen than I'd like.

Still, it runs GTA4 and Mirror's Edge better than my Q6600/4850 rig though, so it always wins me back over with that. lol

I never noticed this but is the trackpad on the 15" pro bigger than the one one the 13" pro?

Back