Xbox Series X GPU is better than any Navi GPU released so far

I think you are confusing what is meant by my statement. If you buy a PC for gaming its not to hook up a TV to watch movies. I talking as meant for gaming setup. The cost of that is way more than a console and that will ALWAYS be a better gaming experience.....The people buying HTPCs are not really buying the PC to game on, its an entertainment experience not a gaming experience so they get an ok gaming system and an entertainment center.

There is a reason that consoles are using PC parts to run their core systems.

It’s not many but people do buy higher end video cards like the 2080Tis or 2070S/5700 XTs to game on in the living room and build them into HTPCs.

Like I mentioned above my setups main UI is Kodi then open BigBox using scripts to game at 4K.

If the sole argument is “just once in game” then I would absolutely agree PCs will always be superior. But convenience, ease of use, couch coop, etc all have to be included in my opinion for “best experience” when the conversation ever includes consoles.

It’s not many but people do buy higher end video cards like the 2080Tis or 2070S/5700 XTs to game on in the living room and build them into HTPCs.

Like I mentioned above my setups main UI is Kodi then open BigBox using scripts to game at 4K.

If the sole argument is “just once in game” then I would absolutely agree PCs will always be superior. But convenience, ease of use, couch coop, etc all have to be included in my opinion for “best experience” when the conversation ever includes consoles.

Very much this. There are some things each do better than the other. You can't beat the power of a high-end PC, but no PC matches the ease and convenience of a console. They both have their place.

I don't bother with all that extra BS. For my computer on the TV----I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for all the in between stuff, before grabbing the controller for the game. Skips all that grief.

I don't bother with all that extra BS. For my computer on the TV----I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for all the in between stuff, before grabbing the controller for the game. Skips all that grief.

Reminds me once upon a time, when I was making credit card payment on my HTPC I mistakenly added an extra zero

Ended up paying 150,000 rupees instead of 15,000 rupees :(

Very much this. There are some things each do better than the other. You can't beat the power of a high-end PC, but no PC matches the ease and convenience of a console. They both have their place.
This is my argument, but the best gaming experience will always be on a high end PC. The console is built to accommodate everyone for price and availability. You get a good gaming experience but it will not be the best you can get.

I have doubts (especially as far as cost goes) but I will say that I hope I'm wrong. A console with graphics power near a 2080 would be incredible. Plus, it could mean some amazing things for PC APUs down the road and I would love to see that.

Xbox series X with ray tracing enabled is equivalent to RTX 2080 says Eurogamer. This is with 2 week optimization of DXR code written for RTX to be ported to Xbox series X

https://www.windowscentral.com/earl...-rtx-2080-quality-taps-25-teraflops-while-ray

However, even basic ports which barely use any of the Xbox Series X's new features are delivering impressive results. The Coalition's Mike Raynor and Colin Penty showed us a Xbox Series X conversion of Gears 5, produced in just two weeks. The developers worked with Epic Games in getting UE4 operating on Series X, then simply upped all of the internal quality presets to the equivalent of PC's ultra, adding improved contact shadows and UE4's brand-new... ray-traced screen-space global illumination. On top of that, Gears 5's cutscenes - running at 30 FPS on Xbox One X - were upped to a flawless 60 FPS. We'll be covering more on this soon, but there was one startling takeaway - we were shown benchmark results that, on this two-week-old, unoptimized port, already deliver very, very similar performance to an RTX 2080

Microsoft technical fellow and Xbox system architect Andrew Goossen added the following. When using ray tracing, the system can effectively tap over 25 TFLOPs of performance.

Without hardware acceleration, this work could have been done in the shaders, but would have consumed over 13 TFLOPs alone. For the Xbox Series X, this work is offloaded onto dedicated hardware and the shader can continue to run in parallel with full performance. In other words, Series X can effectively tap the equivalent of well over 25 TFLOPs of performance while ray tracing

Last edited:
I’m shocked at how good this Series X is shaping up. What they released today is simply nuts.

The PC master race tards on here need to relax.

this shit is amazing, even if it’s $500-$600, amazing. I can’t wait to see what’s in store. It’s just shocking what they are pumping out with this thing and what lies ahead. These numbers are just insane.

Will be a day 1 purchase for me.

I’m shocked at how good this Series X is shaping up. What they released today is simply nuts.

The PC master race tards on here need to relax.

this shit is amazing, even if it’s $500-$600, amazing. I can’t wait to see what’s in store. It’s just shocking what they are pumping out with this thing and what lies ahead. These numbers are just insane.

Will be a day 1 purchase for me.

It seems that Tweaktown's leaks in this thread were mostly spot on though no one could have predicted a 320 bit bus.
https://hardforum.com/threads/next-...ram-3-5ghz-zen-2-cpu.1989966/#post-1044422454

I would be happy with a $400 or less 'Lockhart' version which could be a 1080p/1440p version.
Basically a One X with a faster CPU and all the software/backward compatibility tricks of the Series S. Even a smaller NVME drive would be fine as I only play a few games at a time. I could always move them around from an external ssd.

I would still want a 4k BR drive. I am just old school that way.

Indeed. Remains to be seen if it comes in at $500, but I like being wrong about this.
Wouldn't be surprised if they break it out into two or even there different models ala 2060, 2070, 2080.

Otherwise why call it Series X.

Last edited:
Back