Xbox game pass PC

I got through the entire game earning all Steam achievements at release without any tweaks or mods on a single 8800 GTX and Core 2 Quad QX6700, running on (gasp!) Windows Vista.

I downloaded the game 3 years ago and found it to be extremely stuttery and crashy on modern hardware/Win 10. My wife tried to do the same (on slightly older hardware) and it looked and worked the same way. We tried some online mods and suggestions and got it almost functional, but still kept having stability issues. We ended up giving up and just buying a cheap-o Xbox 360 copy instead.

I downloaded the game 3 years ago and found it to be extremely stuttery and crashy on modern hardware/Win 10. My wife tried to do the same (on slightly older hardware) and it looked and worked the same way. We tried some online mods and suggestions and got it almost functional, but still kept having stability issues. We ended up giving up and just buying a cheap-o Xbox 360 copy instead.
I tried, too, and it does actually run like garbage on Windows 10 compared to Vista. Since then, though, Microsoft has fixed some things that were wrong with DirectX 9 that New Vegas may run better. I have played Fallout 3 since those fixes and it is running nice and smooth now, so the same might be true with New Vegas. I have not tried New Vegas since those fixes were released, though.

I tried, too, and it does actually run like garbage on Windows 10 compared to Vista. Since then, though, Microsoft has fixed some things that were wrong with DirectX 9 that New Vegas may run better. I have played Fallout 3 since those fixes and it is running nice and smooth now, so the same might be true with New Vegas. I have not tried New Vegas since those fixes were released, though.

How long ago were these DX9 fixes implemented for Win 10??

hopefully modding support is enabled for the Bethesda games...
Have seen a few people confirm that free modding works on both the Game Pass versions of Skyrim and Fallout 4. The script extenders are the only things currently not working, as the games' versions are currently newer than those elsewhere.

Undertale (available now)
Empire of Sin (March 18)
Nier: Automata (March 18)
Torchlight 3 (March 18)
Genesis Noir (March 25)
Octopath Traveler (March 25)
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire (March 25)
Supraland (March 25)
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (March 25)
Narita Boy (March 30)
March.png

I hate that games come and go. This has been a giant waste of money for me personally.

EA Play comes to Game Pass for PC Tomorrow

More than 60 of EA’s biggest and best PC games like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FIFA 20, Titanfall 2 and Need for Speed Heat, as well as titles from some of EA’s most popular franchises like Battlefield, Madden NFL, Command & Conquer, and The Sims

Subscribers will have to sign in to the Xbox app on PC, then they will need to install the EA Desktop app to download their EA Play game of choice...after linking their EA account to their Xbox account, they will then be able to download and play games from the EA library...

Nier: Automata on Game Pass/Windows Store is a different port to the Steam version, doesn't need the fan fix

Square Enix never did fix its version, seems like Microsoft did...

https://www.pcgamer.com/nier-automa...to-the-steam-version-doesnt-need-the-fan-fix/

Talk about fucking lazy, have refused to buy Nier until they fixed their sloppy port buts whats worse is they are happy to keep screwing existing customers who bought the steam version. Really no excuse for not patching the steam version with these fixes.

Talk about fucking lazy, have refused to buy Nier until they fixed their sloppy port buts whats worse is they are happy to keep screwing existing customers who bought the steam version. Really no excuse for not patching the steam version with these fixes.
This is SE we talking about. They are the EA of Japan now. They don't give zero fucks about their fans and the fans always give them a pass. No matter how much SE milks them and spits on them.

You never know, there may be a patch forthcoming for the Steam version. Still no excuse for the complete lack of support on this version.

Reminds me of Tetris Effect: Connected. Only available on game pass or xbox store. Those who bought on PC before through epic or on the ps4 get screwed if they want to make use of the new update to play online. I'm glad I had game pass, but honestly it's probably the only game I really played on it.

The Evil Within on Game Pass PC/Windows Store is a new port

new additions:

- first person mode + FOV option
- Infinite ammo mode
- Icons for lantern/sneaking in first person view
- Low/Medium options for Camera Bob
- The stamina has been adjusted, you can now run for 5 seconds at default stamina(was originally 3 seconds)
- All DLC Included
- Separate Achievement List from Xbox
- The game also feels less janky and smooth

Last edited:
The Evil Within on Game Pass PC/Windows Store is a new port

new additions:

- first person mode + FOV option
- Infinite ammo mode
- Icons for lantern/sneaking in first person view
- Low/Medium options for Camera Bob
- The stamina has been adjusted, you can now run for 5 seconds at default stamina(was originally 3 seconds)
- All DLC Included
- Separate Achievement List from Xbox
- The game also feels less janky and smooth
FFS. I feel bad for the people who got shafted with the Microsoft Store versions of Quantum Break or Rise of the Tomb Raider, but this swinging the other way is not a good look. I really hope all these updates are released universally.

The original Steam versions of Nier and The Evil Within are ultimately the better way to play...those versions can be modded, something that's still not possible with Game Pass

No, NieR Automata + The Evil Within PC Aren't Fixed On GamePass - But Are They Better?

Last edited:
I was surprised to find that Madden 21 was on there right now. Even better, it doesn't even download as a UWP file. The EA games require EA's desktop launcher BUT they download and run totally separate from the Windows Store.

Does anyone know if the Xbox Gamepass version of Crysis will actually fucking run on a modern system? I've been wanting to try Crysis on a system that actually has the power to run it smoothly for years and the steam version is broken beyond repair.

Edit: looks like its just the exact same Origin version that has been around, so i'm gonna guess no.

Does anyone know if the Xbox Gamepass version of Crysis will actually fucking run on a modern system? I've been wanting to try Crysis on a system that actually has the power to run it smoothly for years and the steam version is broken beyond repair.

Edit: looks like its just the exact same Origin version that has been around, so i'm gonna guess no.
The version on GOG is mint. It includes the 64-bit version. I played through it a few months ago.

https://www.gog.com/game/crysis

Love that Back 4 Blood will be on Game Pass day 1. I was going to buy it anyway, but that'll save me some $. Obviously the Outer Worlds 2 will be a very cool addition at some point, too. Scorn also has potential. The other games aren't really doing it for me, but there's also EA's line-up, too.
I love the idea of Game Pass, I just wish the software wasn't so janky. I'm willing to put up with it because it's cheap, but it's a constant source of annoyance.

Love that Back 4 Blood will be on Game Pass day 1. I was going to buy it anyway, but that'll save me some $. Obviously the Outer Worlds 2 will be a very cool addition at some point, too. Scorn also has potential. The other games aren't really doing it for me, but there's also EA's line-up, too.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Atomic Heart and Starfield are also huge Day 1 Game Pass additions...

I'm ready to subscribe to GamePass the moment that it comes to Steam.

Microsoft should know by now that 70-85% revenue from the tons and tons of Steam users (not to mention taking advantage of all the Steam features and infrastructure already there, included for the developer side too) is preferable to picking up 100% from a much smaller group of Xbox / Windows app users in the long run. They've made steps in the right direction with bringing things like Halo MMC and Sea of Thieves among other first party Xbox/MS titles to PC via Steam - this should extend to GamePass! It would be quite simple to implement and I'm sure Steam already supports the functionality (EA Play does something similar and I have to give them kudos for working with Steam, but as EA must they messed it up by only offering the cheap tier EA Play that doesn't include the latest and most desirable titles, compared to EA Play Pro). All it would mean is that players sync ther Steam accounts and MS/Xbox GamePass accounts so all GamePass titles that are available on Steam are unlocked for the player so long as they keep subscribed . Ideally there would be a different colored text in the game library and store page notifications that show the player their account has access to this game thanks to GamePass, different than owning it outright directly.

I was really hoping that the EA announcment between Microsoft/Bethesda and Steam would include GamePass on Steam, but either that didn't happen or said event hasn't yet occurred. Guess I'll keep waiting, as I'm not going to subscribe to a service that requires a proprietary Windows only app that I wouldn't already use, when there's a perfectly good multiplatform application that I'm using anyway and is run by one of the few companies that has long term, player beneficial policies and features.

I'm ready to subscribe to GamePass the moment that it comes to Steam.

Microsoft should know by now that 70-85% revenue from the tons and tons of Steam users (not to mention taking advantage of all the Steam features and infrastructure already there, included for the developer side too) is preferable to picking up 100% from a much smaller group of Xbox / Windows app users in the long run. They've made steps in the right direction with bringing things like Halo MMC and Sea of Thieves among other first party Xbox/MS titles to PC via Steam - this should extend to GamePass! It would be quite simple to implement and I'm sure Steam already supports the functionality (EA Play does something similar and I have to give them kudos for working with Steam, but as EA must they messed it up by only offering the cheap tier EA Play that doesn't include the latest and most desirable titles, compared to EA Play Pro). All it would mean is that players sync ther Steam accounts and MS/Xbox GamePass accounts so all GamePass titles that are available on Steam are unlocked for the player so long as they keep subscribed . Ideally there would be a different colored text in the game library and store page notifications that show the player their account has access to this game thanks to GamePass, different than owning it outright directly.

I was really hoping that the EA announcment between Microsoft/Bethesda and Steam would include GamePass on Steam, but either that didn't happen or said event hasn't yet occurred. Guess I'll keep waiting, as I'm not going to subscribe to a service that requires a proprietary Windows only app that I wouldn't already use, when there's a perfectly good multiplatform application that I'm using anyway and is run by one of the few companies that has long term, player beneficial policies and features.
There have been some rumors that it's still a possibility, as Spencer has supposedly been talking to Gabe. The most outlandish rumor being that there will be a version of Steam coming to consoles, but I find that extremely unlikely. More like wishful thinking.

I'm fine with Game Pass as-is if it wasn't so damn buggy. I've played roughly a dozen games beginning to end via Game Pass and all but 1 or 2 either don't want to launch, crash on exit (every time), or don't support some kind of display mode that the non-Game Pass version does (vsync, fullscreen, HDR, Max FPS, etc.)
Gears 5 and the first Ori are the only games where I had zero issues with it.

I'm fine with Game Pass as-is if it wasn't so damn buggy. I've played roughly a dozen games beginning to end via Game Pass and all but 1 or 2 either don't want to launch, crash on exit (every time), or don't support some kind of display mode that the non-Game Pass version does (vsync, fullscreen, HDR, Max FPS, etc.)
Gears 5 and the first Ori are the only games where I had zero issues with it.
I have a few friends that refuse to use the service because of the software and I agree, it’s horrific. I’ll have bugs and glitches that they never see in their Steam versions and it’s become a running joke that I’ve been “gamepassed” when they occur.

Still, I’ll take this over paying $60 try try a game.

I have a few friends that refuse to use the service because of the software and I agree, it’s horrific. I’ll have bugs and glitches that they never see in their Steam versions and it’s become a running joke that I’ve been “gamepassed” when they occur.

Still, I’ll take this over paying $60 try try a game.

Yeah, I'm still a subscriber and think it's a good deal even with the issues. I just look and see the whole UWP thing as a problem that's easy to solve. EA's Game Pass games require Origin/EA Desktop...but they aren't UWP. Hence you can find where the games are installed, edit INI files, install mods, etc. Everything works just fine. I don't mind if Game Pass requires Bethesda's launcher or whatever, either. Just anything to get around UWP, because it's the culprit.

Game Pass has its issues but its still an amazing deal...I don't stay subscribed year-round but instead just subscribe for a month or few months based on which games I want to play...

Game Pass has its issues but its still an amazing deal...I don't stay subscribed year-round but instead just subscribe for a month or few months based on which games I want to play...
I jumped on the $1 upgrade for Xbox Live Gold, got 3 years of gamepass for $150 usd which is a stupidly good deal lol

Cloud Gaming is now available to all Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, allowing you to stream console games to your PC. There are currently 266 games on Game Pass that can be played using Cloud Gaming. The list of games can be found below. Filter Delivery on Cloud to see them.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/28/xbox-cloud-gaming-now-running-on-xbox-series-x/
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

So it's a bit unclear - is this like Steam Link where you have to have the console and game running locally, or is this actual cloud streaming of console games via Microsoft servers?

it appears this is now a potentially viable avenue for playing Halo 5 on the PC.

Not just the PC. If you have a smart TV or an old Xbox one lying around you will be able to stream to that too (not now. But pretty soon)

Marvel’s Avengers Coming September 30

we’re excited to announce that we’re making the complete Marvel’s Avengers experience, including all previously released free content, available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, Console, and Cloud on September 30th...Game Pass members will also have immediate access to our new War for Wakanda expansion, featuring our new playable Hero, Black Panther, and hours of new multiplayer and story content...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09/28/marvels-avengers-with-xbox-game-pass-september-30/

I let mine lapse, I'll probably pick it up again next time they do a deal. Managed to get Psychonauts 2 finished before it expired.

Back