Xbox game pass PC

The Ultimate includes Gold for Xbox online play along with game pass on Xbox and PC. Xbox Game Pass PC just includes the PC part.

Gold = Xbox Live Gold multiplayer service (only needed on console) + Games With Gold (monthly and bi-weekly free games, console only) + Discounts With Gold (PC and console)

PC = Xbox Game Pass for PC (PC only)

Ultimate = Xbox Game Pass + Xbox Live Gold + PC Game Pass

The link I provided above is for the PC Game Pass. If you don't have an Xbox then you just want Game Pass for PC.
Ah, the Xbox Live Gold is where I got lost on. I don't need that for multiplayer on PC? Just console?

Multiplayer is only an extra cost on console, so you don't need Gold to play multiplayer games on PC.
+1

So PC version is going to my choice then. Wasn't sure if the benefits of Ultimate were worth it for PC. Doesn't look like it.

+1

So PC version is going to my choice then. Wasn't sure if the benefits of Ultimate were worth it for PC. Doesn't look like it.
Ja, it's just a bundle for people in their ecosystem they have only one payment instead of three separate ones. It's certainly worth it if you play on each platform, as individually you would be paying $300 a year instead of $180.

Its funny. I signed up for the and am scrolling through the games. At work, it seemed like a decent selection. Now I'm all like, hrmmmm. Iunno. Downloading Metro 2033 Redux. See what happens. meh

some interesting games came to Game Pass PC this month, games I wouldn't have necessarily bought otherwise-- A Plague Tale: Innocence, Wolfenstein: Youngblood...Rage 2 has also been available for a few months

Can you specify install location of games on Game Pass? I want to give it a shot for a few titles like Metro, but my Windows partition is only 100gb as I install Steam/Origin games to another partition.

Edit: you can, but it's janky - you have to set the drive as the default place new apps will install. Dumb, I want all my Windows/dekstop apps on C: for backup image purposes, and games on D:. I believe I can just flip it back to C: default after installing each game but nonetheless, janky.

Last edited:
I see Remnant: From the Ashes is available on Game Pass but currently only for Xbox...hopefully it gets added to PC soon along with Devil May Cry 5

I just recently decided to take a longer look at the game pass and was surprised at the amount of games listed that were games I was wanting to play. So the offer was $1 for 3 months and then $15 per quarter. I mean how can you NOT get your moneys worth? First game I installed was Gears 5 and am absolutely loving it. Plague Tale of Innocence will be the next game and there are 4-5 others I am really looking forward to on the list. I believe the price may go up after a year or so as it says this is an introductory price but even then I can play/complete 2 game a month.

Yep the promo is a no brainer and a good idea to get people on the platform. I like these sub based game services for single player stuff. The reality is I never have time to replay games or play more than 1-2 single player games at a time. As long as the pricing makes sense I'd rather use sub service and complete one 15-25 hour single player game every 1-2 months and move on. Cyberpunk is probably the next game I will actually buy (and cancel all my sub services until I have completed it haha).

Stupid question, do you get to play the game for 3 months or do you get to keep the game after 3 months?

Stupid question, do you get to play the game for 3 months or do you get to keep the game after 3 months?

that would be quite the deal if you got to keep the games after your subscription ended :) ...everyone would sign up for 1 month, download all the games they want and cancel :D

that would be quite the deal if you got to keep the games after your subscription ended :) ...everyone would sign up for 1 month, download all the games they want and cancel :D
indeed, I didn't know if it was like the xbox live gold 1-2 free games per month. I see it is a subscription to play A list titles. I will redeem mine to try forza horizon 4, though I do prefer straight up Forza [7].

Can you specify install location of games on Game Pass? I want to give it a shot for a few titles like Metro, but my Windows partition is only 100gb as I install Steam/Origin games to another partition.

Edit: you can, but it's janky - you have to set the drive as the default place new apps will install. Dumb, I want all my Windows/dekstop apps on C: for backup image purposes, and games on D:. I believe I can just flip it back to C: default after installing each game but nonetheless, janky.
That's really the only thing I don't like about the Xbox app. Hopefully, they change that since every other client of its type allows you to choose where you want your games and doesn't tie it in to some obscure Windows setting. Ugh.

Five more games are on the way to Xbox Game Pass for PC...Microsoft said today that Indivisible, Reigns: Game of Thrones, Two Point Hospital, Wasteland Remastered, and Yakuza 0 will be added to the lineup "soon," presumably later this month...

I'm counting on Game Pass to get me through the next 8-9 months. Even beyond being stuck at home, there aren't a ton of new releases that I'm particularly interested in after RE3 drops. I'm having a good time with Prey and I'll probably give Vampyr a go. Anyone know why Quantum Break is/was on Game Pass for the X1, but not the PC? That was one of the games I really wanted to play on the PC.

I'm counting on Game Pass to get me through the next 8-9 months. Even beyond being stuck at home, there aren't a ton of new releases that I'm particularly interested in after RE3 drops. I'm having a good time with Prey and I'll probably give Vampyr a go. Anyone know why Quantum Break is/was on Game Pass for the X1, but not the PC? That was one of the games I really wanted to play on the PC.

My guess would be the Windows version isn't a Modern UI aka Windows Universal Platform program. Microsoft being the dopes they are only sells WUP stuff on the store, no Win32 stuff allowed. So if the PC version isn't WUP, can't be on the store and if it can't be on the store it can't be game pass.

My guess would be the Windows version isn't a Modern UI aka Windows Universal Platform program. Microsoft being the dopes they are only sells WUP stuff on the store, no Win32 stuff allowed. So if the PC version isn't WUP, can't be on the store and if it can't be on the store it can't be game pass.
Not true. Microsoft started allowing Win32 programs on the store a few years ago. The Microsoft Store version of Gears 5 is Win32. The Microsoft Store version of Quantum Break is still UWP.

Here is the store page for Quantum Break PC on the Microsoft Store:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/quantum-break/9nblggh6h0rv?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Related, MS keeps updating the GamepPass app to be something akin to Steam or Uplay. I got a pretty decent update yesterday that updated the UI and removed the "beta" tag from the app. A few things that were in the normal Win10 Xbox app were unified with the app, too. While communicating with users on the Xbox via chat/voice always worked, it has improved recently as well.
I honestly really appreciate MS's recent commitment to PC gaming.

Fm4 was one of my favorites honestly.
Same. Wish we could at least get a 15th anniversary DLC pack for Forza 7 that had all the classic fictional tracks going back to the first game and renew the licenses for some of the more popular real cars and tracks from that time. I miss Camino Viejo, Sedona, Positano, and Fujimi Kaido just thinking about it.

Same. Wish we could at least get a 15th anniversary DLC pack for Forza 7 that had all the classic fictional tracks going back to the first game and renew the licenses for some of the more popular real cars and tracks from that time. I miss Camino Viejo, Sedona, Positano, and Fujimi Kaido just thinking about it.
don't remind me of all the amazing fictional tracks that are no more....

Streets of Rage 4 is a blast. It's tough, too. I can replay 2 and 3 and get halfway through them before dying for the first time. I died on the very first level of 4...twice even. Neat game, though. Good 'ol fashioned simple fun. Can't beat the price, too.

If anyone is having trouble getting SOR4 to run, open the Game Pass app and just hammer the "Play Now" button. Saw it on Reddit, and it works for me. No idea why, but when I open the game it just sits there in a window for a minute. Sometimes it'll start, but about 75% of the time the window closes. For some reason hammering that button (it takes about 30-45 seconds) seems to eventually make it work. Resizing the game window rapidly also seems to do it, too.
It's a neat game. I grew up playing SOR and Final Fight, and it brings a smile to my face. It's more of the same, but tougher for sure.

EDIT: I completed the game this morning. I'd actually say the game gets a little easier as you go. Mainly just because you learn what works and what doesn't vs. the various enemies. That's most of where the difficulty comes from. Later bosses are no tougher than earlier ones, though. The throwback bartender ("Barbon") is probably the toughest boss in the game and he's only around the halfway point.

Last edited:
The Xbox (Beta) app has started to roll out mod support

The latest update for the Xbox app adds a new feature allowing users to enable a game for mods...on the game's page, you can select "Enable Mods," then accept a warning, which will open up a link to the game's file structure so you can insert your mods of choice...it's a bit barebones compared to Steam's elaborate Workshop, so you have to go find your own mods out on the web...

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox...ding-mod-support-games-includes-design-tweaks

Looks like Soul Calibur 6 is there, too. If you get past the (once again stupid/broken) customizable fighter option, it's a good fighting game.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-ma...pace-exploration-game.1795854/post-1044665226

The addition of No Man's Sky to the Xbox Game Pass library has rocketed up the game's player count by over a million new players according to a blog post from Hello Games founder Sean Murray

https://screenrant.com/no-mans-sky-new-players-xbox-game-pass/

over a million new players joined the game within its first month on the service, rocketing up its player count as consumers explored all the game has to offer. The news was delivered by Hello Games' Sean Murray via the Xbox Wire, and accompanied the developer's announcement that No Man's Sky Desolation update was now live. According to Murray, this has resulted in some of No Man's Sky's "biggest ever in-game numbers," a remarkable feat for a game that has been out since 2016 and first arrived on Xbox One in 2018.

Back