Xbox Announcement Live Stream

I never got this. Why not play it? Uncharted 2, Ni No Kuni and Demon's Souls are considered some of the best games this gen. Why not try them?

Can't speak for him. But I originally had issues with Sony in general with the HD wars. I got a PS3 to watch BD's knowing that Sony was losing money on them and buy not buying games I wasn't letting them get nearly as much back in the long run (they make tons more profit off a non-Sony game then they do non-Sony movie, like order of 100x).

That said the hate has worn off as they shifted a little more away from the Consumer is your enemy approach. But in the end, I don't like the controller, and between the several Xbox or multiple platform games I can get on the Xbox, PC games, the one or two franchises (Uncharted and GoW) on the PS3 I might have wanted to play just didn't seem worth putting more active time on the best Blu-Ray player in the house.

Sure they can, because no one is talking about buying them on launch day.

As with damn near everything people in general buy, we get the thing we absolutely have to have (PC) and then we pick up the other things (PS4 - Xbox - Wii U) when we can in the order of importance to us.

I personally don't know anyone that doesn't have a mix of all the above (PC, PS4, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.).

Let me introduce myself. :D

yes, a simple box is the most functional.

It looks like we will get better console ports now that the ps4 and xbox are x86.
These consoles might push more pc graphics sales.

Is everyone on this forum retarded? It's called the Xbox One because they are integrating an all-in-ONE entertainment solution....I expected smarter replies from fellow [H] users.

Cosmetic issues.

It's too deep. This isn't the era of tube TVs. We don't need deep entertainment centers for the TV to set on anymore. The thing shouldn't be any deeper than absolutely necessary for the optical drive so it can go on a standard 11 inch deep shelf including any cables coming out the back.

A slim version without an optical drive would be an interesting option. They could encourage people to move away from physical media and the used game market by simply offering an more compact version without the drive. Obviously it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but it might nudge a lot of consumers in the direction they seem to want us to go.

Oh I could hear the nerd rage now...... "what, no optical drive.... it's to stop used game sales...... rage....rage..."

I'm not sure most people (not even fanboys) can afford a high end rig + consoles and games for each. So although you may not be alone, you're not part of a crowd.

Anyway I see your point. All serve different purposes but most people (even fanboys) will settle with one option, not all of the above.

I would disagree, sure they wont run out and get them both on release but I know very few people who game that don't have two of the three (PC, xbox 360, PS3,) and at least half have all three (and a large number have, or had, a Wii as well.)

Also from your earlier comment about being able to afford games for all of them, it's not like they are going to buy the same game for all three platforms.

OK...so what you are saying is that you made some shit up? The demos were on final hardware...even Epic has released demos using final hardware since then.

System specs where hyperbole yes. I am telling you that because if you can't see the system, they weren't showing you because everything is exactly what they are telling you. These systems are emotionless. They are not shy. They didn't show the hardware because final hardware was either not stable or not finished. Epic saying that they have their engine and or games running on final spec black boxes is probably true. Doubtful that its the demo's they post because again, why put excess effort into capturing off of that hardware when its easier to control and looks better when grabbed off a development PC.

This activity goes back all the way to the Wizard of Oz probably further. Considering that its Sony in question who has a history of straight up lies. This probably doesn't a deep throat to break some NDA for us to take this embellishment with a grain of salt.

I've got a PC... No consoles of any type- Never owned a console;-) just to prove you wrong Steve :-D I do have a TON of computers in my house though...

I don't really game on consoles, my son uses our xbox 360 all the time but our PS3 is really only used for Blu rays, netflix (until I canceled) and Amazon Prime movies.

With that said am I the only one amused to read Sony fanboys using the same lines for this generation that they used for the current one? All the talk was the PS3 had a stronger CPU & GPU and everything would look much better on it, and then once it actually came out it was shown that the fanboys were full of shit. lol!

christ JoeUser, you need to wipe the sony seminal fluids off your chin... you have made like fifteen posts about how superior the PS4 is since the XBox reveal.

Is everyone on this forum retarded? It's called the Xbox One because they are integrating an all-in-ONE entertainment solution....I expected smarter replies from fellow [H] users.

You are on the news section, going deeper into the forums it gets much better.

I have no consoles and no real plans to buy one. Oh, I guess I do have an old Intellivision.

only reason I have a 360 is for my kids, I bought 2-3 games for myself and never played more than an hour each. I take that back, kenect bowling is fun while drinking.

Xbox One

The one you go when you lost your remote and need to change channel

(Getting old :()

Sure they can, because no one is talking about buying them on launch day.

As with damn near everything people in general buy, we get the thing we absolutely have to have (PC) and then we pick up the other things (PS4 - Xbox - Wii U) when we can in the order of importance to us.

I personally don't know anyone that doesn't have a mix of all the above (PC, PS4, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.).

Does it count if we own a 360 but aren't sure where it actually is? ;)

HTC One... Xbox One... Shouldn't "One" be the ORIGINAL? the FIRST ONE not the 3rd gen or whatever. I understand the intent, but its just not a good name.

I have no consoles and no real plans to buy one. Oh, I guess I do have an old Intellivision.

That was onnnnnn targetttttt ... for anyone that ever played their talking bomber game :)

PC Gamer here also ... happily looking forward to 4K gaming next year (which the console folks should be able to experience in 6 or 7 years) :D

Ok, so they released an FAQ for the Xbox One. I was right: It DOESN'T require online access, but it goes into a sleep mode instead of turning off. Also, you can play used games on it, there's no DRM.

However, I won't be buying one, because it is NOT backwards compatible at all, just like the PS4. I made fun of Sony for doing that, and I am not going to forgive Microsoft for making the same fucking mistake. Let's face it: the amount of games that will be available for it at launch aren't going to be enough to keep you playing it while you wait for the next games to come out. I'll stick with my Wii U and Xbox 360s (My wife and I each have one) and laptops until the next generation games really gets going.

That's what it means, yes. That's a no brainer. But, what is it showing other users? Just gamers with little to do with consoles other than to buy and play Madden or CoD? PSOne, PS2, PS3, PS4. Xbox. Xbox 360. Xbox One. It's similar to the New iPad. What's that? The new one or the New iPad? Are the selling the first Xbox or the Xbox One on Craigslist (in the future, of course). Just confusing to the average consumer, I would guess.

tbh, the wii u seems more impressive to me. i mean... it actually has (a few) games. EA sports my ass and call of duty... really? you can do all that on the ps4 and a pc too.

That was onnnnnn targetttttt ... for anyone that ever played their talking bomber game :)

PC Gamer here also ... happily looking forward to 4K gaming next year (which the console folks should be able to experience in 6 or 7 years) :D

I have that game, but the controller inserts are worn out.

tbh, the wii u seems more impressive to me. i mean... it actually has (a few) games. EA sports my ass and call of duty... really? you can do all that on the ps4 and a pc too.

And backwards compatibility.

The PS4 and Xbox One are going to look a lore more impressive than the Wii U when they get a full library of games going, though.

Why are you barking about Backwards Compatibility? PS3 and Xbox both dropped Backwards Compatibility pretty quick. Have you been depressed about it for the last 4 or 5 years? Yea it's a bummer and it sucks. But I don't really think it's a real deal breaker for any system. Me, What games would I want on the new console? well... all my EA Sports.... nevermind theres a new one every year, well maybe COD.... nevermind. Most popular games out there now, will have a Xbox one or ps4 version out shortly. However, the one thing I would love to see is a redemption process. So say they release.. a classic Xbox 360 game, in new HD graphics on XBOX Arcade or something... Let me send my game into some redemption center, proving I own the game and let me download the new one for free.

EA Sports, CoD and Forza...everything a BRO gamer needs! BRO!

I see a lot of people complaining about COD, EA, Etc and who cares.. These are some of the biggest names in Console Gaming. Just some of the announcements of it'll be on Xbox first will rope in hundreds of people, and it is a very smart move on their part.

So MS said the Xbox One WON'T require an always online but WILL require online activation for games. Used games are going to require activation per account (that will cost $) and a single game can only be tied to a single account. So if you sell a game or let someone use it you better be ready to either never play that game again or be ready to buy a new copy.

Also, and this is not yet confirmed, but it seems like there might be an activation limit as well.

Good buy rentals! Hope the PS4, WiiU, and current consoles can keep places like BlockBuster and Gamefly a float!

I do have a feeling that if all these things are true that MS will change it soon. I just think it's too dumb an idea to last really...or at least lets hope so.

I see a lot of people complaining about COD, EA, Etc and who cares.. These are some of the biggest names in Console Gaming. Just some of the announcements of it'll be on Xbox first will rope in hundreds of people, and it is a very smart move on their part.

*thousands of people

So MS said the Xbox One WON'T require an always online but WILL require online activation for games. Used games are going to require activation per account (that will cost $) and a single game can only be tied to a single account. So if you sell a game or let someone use it you better be ready to either never play that game again or be ready to buy a new copy.

If this is true, it would be a huge deal breaker for me. I buy a lot of used games, rent games, and I would base a decision on that alone.

Lol "some of the biggest names in console gaming". And Bieber and Taylor Swift are some of the biggest names in "music". And Transformers and Twilight are some of the biggest names in music.

Have another mountain dew buddy

If it was stronger spec wise than the PS4, MS would have been all over that angle. So, best case is it is the same or slower?

Kinect! BLAH!

Xbox One Requires Kinect To Function

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-requires-kinect-to-function-509112572

Your Kinect will need to be connected in order for the Xbox One to function, Microsoft announced at an event today in London.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes," Microsoft's Harvey Eagle told press (as reported by IGN).

This may sound familiar. That's because Kotaku reported it back in February, along with the system's specs and the fact that Xbox One will require game installations.

Back