Xbox Announcement Live Stream

I amean really more call of fucking duty crap really more dumb down versions of PC first person shooters and social media crap and TV is all this thing has after 8 years and more kinect crap that nobody does anything with?

The games don't even look good they look like 3 year old PC games. it is not even a damn jump like the NES and SNES was or the master system to genesis.

and it looks like a big ass VCR it's huge bigger than my home theater PC that has more power where in the hell I am going to stuff it on the shelf next to the old xbox since they made a dumb idea to not put a xbox 350 cpu and gpu so everybody could keep all the crap they bought on xbox live arcade for 8 years in 1 place.


I hate it I want out of the console space for the first time ever I am in no rush to get any of these.
 
I can't believe semi-intelligent people still get excited about consoles. I grew out of that when I was 13. Every generation of consoles is just another money grab. When they release something that is actually awesome and not anti-consumer, maybe I'll actually give it a look.

ever try using a PC as an HTPC vs a PS3? The PS3 is a wonderful media center, windows 7/8 is complete garbage in comparison. I have an AMD a8-3870 right now im using as an HTPC and i cant wait to replace it with a ps4 / xbox one. Im leaning towards xbox because i love forza that much.

I am thinking pretty seriously giving up on pc gaming at that point too.
 
ever try using a PC as an HTPC vs a PS3? The PS3 is a wonderful media center, windows 7/8 is complete garbage in comparison. I have an AMD a8-3870 right now im using as an HTPC and i cant wait to replace it with a ps4 / xbox one. Im leaning towards xbox because i love forza that much.

I am thinking pretty seriously giving up on pc gaming at that point too.

Are serious? You're just talking out your ass buddy.
 
ever try using a PC as an HTPC vs a PS3?

Matter of fact, yes. For the last 4 years I've been using an HTPC with XBMC as my SOLE way of watching TV and Movies. That's right, ZERO cable or satellite plans at my house. Cut those cords years ago. And I can tell you now, it's a FUCK load better than an Xbox or Playstation will ever be able to do. Not to mention I can game on my 60" TV if I want without buying some crappy little box that's outdated on release.

What people fail to comprehend is that Xbox and Playstation are nothing but locked down, proprietary computers. You can build you're own computer and do way more with way better graphics, and you can upgrade it forever. People are lazy and buy into the hype over these systems, which are nothing but 3+ year old PC's when they are released.

Makes me laugh. Oh, and my 5 year old has an Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 that he NEVER uses sitting in his bedroom. Just so you know I have access to both side of the argument. I will never buy another console, and it amazes me that people who are smart enough to find and use this forum still waste the time and money on shitty consoles. :confused:
 
Matter of fact, yes. For the last 4 years I've been using an HTPC with XBMC as my SOLE way of watching TV and Movies. That's right, ZERO cable or satellite plans at my house. Cut those cords years ago. And I can tell you now, it's a FUCK load better than an Xbox or Playstation will ever be able to do. Not to mention I can game on my 60" TV if I want without buying some crappy little box that's outdated on release.

What people fail to comprehend is that Xbox and Playstation are nothing but locked down, proprietary computers. You can build you're own computer and do way more with way better graphics, and you can upgrade it forever. People are lazy and buy into the hype over these systems, which are nothing but 3+ year old PC's when they are released.

Makes me laugh. Oh, and my 5 year old has an Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 that he NEVER uses sitting in his bedroom. Just so you know I have access to both side of the argument. I will never buy another console, and it amazes me that people who are smart enough to find and use this forum still waste the time and money on shitty consoles. :confused:


Fumbling through terrible UI's with terrible input methods on a console is much better than having multiple choices of perfectly functional UI's and some of the best input options known to man.
 
Fumbling through terrible UI's with terrible input methods on a console is much better than having multiple choices of perfectly functional UI's and some of the best input options known to man.

Haha, apparently he thinks so. Every time we have company over, people drool over how fucking awesome my HTPC is. Sadly, HTPC's require a little use of the brain, so people will never go crazy over them like people do over say....Apple's IOS crap.
 
I will never buy another console, and it amazes me that people who are smart enough to find and use this forum still waste the time and money on shitty consoles. :confused:
If you don't drive a Porsche then you are just wasting your time and money on shitty cars.
 
Activation fee for used games concerns me. Wife and each have an Xbox 360 and as such share games, we also share between friends. I really can't imagine Microsoft not envisioning a family environment with multiple Xbox systems when they released a family Live Gold pack.

No backwards compatibility hurts also. We have a large backlog of games, and I was hoping to reduce consoles, not add 2 more.
 
The switch to x86 architecture isn't an excuse though. Its the same with the PS4, you won't be able to play PS3 disc games on the PS4 because of the switch to x86 architecture. The only way bc could happen is that every game would have to run off an emulator (this is how some original Xbox games run on the 360) or they use cloud to stream older games like what Sony plans to do.

An emulator is exactly right. So for them to say that it can't is an imediate case of blowing smoke up peoples asses!
 
The activation fee will kill off Gamestop. Gamestop owns almost 80+ percent of its profits to used games , forcing an activation fee will kill that off. People will be less likely to spend $55 for a new used game that requires a $10 activation fee. At that point it would make more sense to simply BUY a new game.

It'll mean less trade in games , it'll mean less used titles. It's going to kill off the rental industry and the used gaming market is going to become a fraction of what it was.

We all kinda knew this was coming , developers and publishers are always whining about not getting a cut of the used gaming market.

No, it will just mean lower prices on used games. Nothing more, nothing less. The only thing that will kill off Gamestop (assuming they don't diversify) will be the total elimination of used games.

As for developers, they can quit whining. No other industry gets a cut of the second hand market and game developers aren't special. Also, frankly until there is far less shovelware shit being shoved out at $60 when it isn't even worth $10 I don't feel sorry for them.
 
ever try using a PC as an HTPC vs a PS3? The PS3 is a wonderful media center, windows 7/8 is complete garbage in comparison. I have an AMD a8-3870 right now im using as an HTPC and i cant wait to replace it with a ps4 / xbox one. Im leaning towards xbox because i love forza that much.

I am thinking pretty seriously giving up on pc gaming at that point too.

earyip.jpg
 
If you don't drive a Porsche then you are just wasting your time and money on shitty cars.


Are you including Boxter's, and Cayman's in that statement, they are the equivalent of what is going on here.

Couldn't afford a PC, so I settled for the diet coke version instead.
 
Update: Xbox support on Twitter has confirmed that there would be “no fee” associated with used games. Apparently there was a previous miscommunication with Wired:

“@ModronFixer No fee, correct – and they just got that information wrong. As soon as we saw, we contacted them to correct it. ^EM”

Additionally, Microsoft pointed out that the official Xbox One FAQ mentions “We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games”, although it does not explicitly mentions a fee, or not. The phrase “We’ll have more details to share later” probably generates more questions and answers.
 
I don't understand why people are so adamant on hating the Xbox One. For someone like myself (a 22 year old, single Airman, and a small paycheck) this is exactly what I would like to buy. I am and always will be a PC nut, but Microsoft is definitely headed in the right direction with this. Sign me up!
 
I don't understand why people are so adamant on hating the Xbox One. For someone like myself (a 22 year old, single Airman, and a small paycheck) this is exactly what I would like to buy. I am and always will be a PC nut, but Microsoft is definitely headed in the right direction with this. Sign me up!

People love to rage out just to rage out.
 
Haha yes!

Win8 is awesome in. my htpc! I can't think of a down side...

Lmao. How about #1 no boot straight to WMC, #2 Microsoft's own remote control abandoned and not supported in metro, #3 WMC had zero improvement since Win7 since it too is in the process of being abandoned in favor of iTunes-like media purchasing (after all, MS makes no $ on you storing your media locally, streaming where da profit at)

In fairness though it still beats the crap out of trying to use a console as an htpc replacement. To the guy that said the PS3 is superior as an htpc, he must be high on a mixture of narcotics - one word: cinavia. I set my friends ps3 up to stream videos from another PC inhouse, that stopped working as Sony introduced more DRM in every update. And these were rips of movies he owned by wanted more convenience that constantly hassling with physical disks.
 
I don't understand why people are so adamant on hating the Xbox One. For someone like myself (a 22 year old, single Airman, and a small paycheck) this is exactly what I would like to buy. I am and always will be a PC nut, but Microsoft is definitely headed in the right direction with this. Sign me up!

??? A HTPC is cheaper to build by far. I'm not saying the Xbox One is bad. But let's not try to make it a glass of water in the middle of a desert.
 
I'll bet Angry Joe feels like a tool now that everything he ranted about was wrong. LOL!

Then again, that's AJ schtick, rant and rave regardless of the facts. ;)

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-used-games/

Which rant?

I was impressed a bit about the switch around the different stuff.... but sad that the game side is shit. I do agree with what Angry Joe's rant as it is, though.

I wonder if you can you their new controller on the pc. Basically the only thing I like from the gaming side, which is the important side for me.
 
Which rant?

I was impressed a bit about the switch around the different stuff.... but sad that the game side is shit. I do agree with what Angry Joe's rant as it is, though.

I wonder if you can you their new controller on the pc. Basically the only thing I like from the gaming side, which is the important side for me.

The gaming side is all that matters to me, and the Xbox reveal did crap for that. Call of Duty? Laff, the game looks like garbage.
 
The gaming side is all that matters to me, and the Xbox reveal did crap for that. Call of Duty? Laff, the game looks like garbage.

This. The only game that was interesting was forza, everything else was predictable and uninteresting.
 
The gaming side is all that matters to me, and the Xbox reveal did crap for that. Call of Duty? Laff, the game looks like garbage.

I'm with you! I care a little about some other stuff cuz they'd be nice to have. But the gaming is like 95%. It is sad that it seems to be the complete opposite for them.
 
I'm with you! I care a little about some other stuff cuz they'd be nice to have. But the gaming is like 95%. It is sad that it seems to be the complete opposite for them.

It may not be as gaming centric as the PS4 but this device just killed any chance for Apple to launch an Apple Television ... the only card left for them to play is to launch a 4K TV and those won't be economical for years :cool:
 
and it looks like a big ass VCR it's huge bigger than my home theater PC that has more power where in the hell I am going to stuff it on the shelf next to the old xbox since they made a dumb idea to not put a xbox 350 cpu and gpu so everybody could keep all the crap they bought on xbox live arcade for 8 years in 1 place.

Guess you didn't happen to notice the controller sitting right next to it, providing a sense of scale, did you. If the new controller is roughly the same size as the 360's, I'd say the One is the same size or even smaller than the 360.

But don't let pesky things like observation and facts get in the way of your rage, brah.
 
Lmao. How about #1 no boot straight to WMC, #2 Microsoft's own remote control abandoned and not supported in metro, #3 WMC had zero improvement since Win7 since it too is in the process of being abandoned in favor of iTunes-like media purchasing (after all, MS makes no $ on you storing your media locally, streaming where da profit at)

#1 Set WMC as a startup program

#2 False, the 11 year old Media Center remote is no worse or better supported in Metro apps as it is in desktop apps. Windows Media Center remotes were designed only work with Windows Media Center well, not the Windows desktop, and that's still the case in Windows 8 and Metro apps. Furthermore the media control functions like play, pause, stop and volume work in all the media Metro apps I use.

#3 WMC is becoming a niche program, more and more people are using YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc. and cutting themselves from cable provider TV that powered content viewing a lot more a decade ago than today. It's like no matter where the market is heading, Microsoft should just support every technology that has always existed because well, no one uses it anymore? I'm a HUGE WMC and have CableCard tuners for a couple of PCs. Still works well for more but the bottom line it's just not a big deal in the overall PC ecosystem and never was unfortunately.
 

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-used-games/

A little more info
#1 - BUYING AND SELLING OF USED GAMES IS SUPPORTED

Yes, you can play used games. Yes, you can buy used games and, therefore, it's reasonable to conclude that you can sell them too. It was postulated that you would have to pay some sort of activation fee to Microsoft to re-enable those used games, but Microsoft seems to be trying to dispel that thought. Exactly how it works still remains to be seen. "It's going to be different than the way we currently do it," Albert Penello, senior director of product planning at Microsoft told us. "We'll get into more specifics later."

#2 - GAMES ARE INSTALLED IN THE BACKGROUND WHILE YOU PLAY

Just pop the disc in and start playing and the game will start installing while you play. No need to hit the Y button and go through any other theatrics.

#3 - YOU CAN PLAY INSTALLED GAMES WITHOUT THE DISC

Sick of sitting through the full game install on the Xbox 360, only to still have to get up and put the disc in every time you want to play it? So was everyone at Microsoft, as it turns out. "That feature, the ability to play games off the hard drive, was one of the first things we wrote down when we started to talk about next-gen," said Penello. So, yes, once you install the game, you can put the disc on the shelf and forget about it. But, presumably, you can't just sell the disc and still keep playing the game.

So, how does that work? At a minimum, each game disc must have some sort of unique ID associated to your account. "Your Xbox account will tie you to your game," said Penello. That ID must, therefore, be somehow disassociated from your account before you can sell the thing. Unfortunately, this is where things start getting murky. "We'll get into more specifics later," Penello told us again, a common chant that hopefully will change when we get to E3 in a few weeks time.

#4 - YOU CAN DOWNLOAD GAMES THAT WERE PURCHASED ON DISC

Here's an interesting situation. What happens if you want to play a game you own on a friends console? You will, Penello says, have "the ability to go over to your friends house, download your save game, or even download your game to his Xbox and pick up where you left off." So, not only will your game saves be stored in the cloud, your entire game library will be and you'll be able to download it from anywhere.

#5 - OFFLINE GAMEPLAY IS SUPPORTED

That all your game saves are in the cloud is a nice step forward, but what if you're offline? Can you still access those game saves? Can you still play your games? Yes, you can. Games will work offline without an issue and game saves will sync transparently when you reconnect, Penello told us. However, some games that make use of Microsoft's online services may not be playable offline. That will be up to developers.

#6 - YOU CAN SHARE GAMES WITH THOSE IN YOUR "HOUSEHOLD"

Another use-case we threw Penello's way: what if your spouse or child signs in to the family's Xbox One and wants to play a game that is associated with your account? Will they have to buy it themselves? "Certainly we've accounted for family members in the household being able to play games." Exactly how? That, again, remains to be seen. Only 19 days until E3...
 
ever try using a PC as an HTPC vs a PS3? The PS3 is a wonderful media center, windows 7/8 is complete garbage in comparison. I have an AMD a8-3870 right now im using as an HTPC and i cant wait to replace it with a ps4 / xbox one. Im leaning towards xbox because i love forza that much.

I am thinking pretty seriously giving up on pc gaming at that point too.

yes, i have been using a PC for an HTPC for well over two years now. works way way better than any console. not sure what problems you ran into but they are way more flexible than consoles.
 
The lack of backwards compatibility for games is the deal breaker for me & their excuse that the One can't run them is lame at best. Plus, what about Xbox 360 Slim hard drives? Or SSD's for that matter? Are the controllers at least backwards compatible?

Keep your Xbox 360 as well. Problem solved!
 
Porches are just budget "sports cars" for people without money for real ones, who don't care they look like saggy ass from the 80s. :p

They are the best sports cars. There is nothing budget about a GT3 RS. There is the sports car section which the 911 pretty much dominates at the high end and the super car section which Ferrari, Lamborghini dominate. Beyond that you can argue there are hyper cars. Porsche makes some of the best sports car under 100k. I dont even like Porsche but I respect them enough not to call them budget sports car.
 
Back
Top