Xbox Announcement Live Stream

Sorry but Sony showee GAMEPLAY. This reveal was garbage.

Sony probably didn't even have a finished product to show then ... they had no choice but to show gameplay ... and I seem to remember lots of complaints about them only showing a controller ;)

MS is also announcing a couple of weeks before E3 ... they want to (and likely will) show their games in that venue ... especially since they have already done the reveal on the console.:cool:
 
MW3 was "state of the art", AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH BAHAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, fuck right off.
 
unimpressive,I want the PS4 even more now, CODwell look just as good on ps4 as the xbox none.. all the games will look equally well maybe even better on the ps4 as it has a slightly stronger video subsystem. Notice activison said next gen not xbox1.
 
MW3 was "state of the art", AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH BAHAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, fuck right off.

I'm not sure if he was serious.. lmao.
 
I already smell the ban hammer...

Decent reveal though. I'm buying one. Looks dope and I like the industrial look to it as well.Will match my receiver quite nicely.
 
lol... they're talking about nexgen shit and the only thing I can think of is "so basicly stuff that already exist on PC?"
 
Ill get both the Xbox One and the PS4 but as far as which one ill like more, probably PS4 since I wont have to pay to play online. PS+ also gives a lot more back than Xbox Live Gold. Xbox One hasnt shown anything the PS4 didnt already.
 
lol... they're talking about nexgen shit and the only thing I can think of is "so basicly stuff that already exist on PC?"

Pretty much that, next gen for the console crowd, old hat for pc gamers.
 
So they outright refused to detail specs on the GPU. 12CU 1.2Tflops weaker than PS4 confirmed.
 
I can't wait to see what PennyArcade comes up with for their comic. That name is stupid.
 
Is... it over now? Cuz right after that trailer, it just stopped. Reloading and it's now unavailable.

Welp, that was disappointing. Kinda like Ps4's.
 
I'm more impressed with the tight integration with my TV then I am with the games on it. I just hope there isn't issues with my DirecTV receiver getting passed through it.

I'll replace my Xbox360 and my PS3 with this (since I only use the PS3 for blu-rays anyways)

Already told my finance that I want this for Christmas :)
 
Well that was disappointing. I know people are saying they'll have more at E3...but so will Sony and the PS4. So that pretty much makes the new Xbox mute except for maybe exclusives.

Something tells me that if you don't like the NFL Sony will have this generation in the bag. I know which console I prefer at this point.
 
I feel like I wasted an hour of my life watching people talk about nothing and seeing some cutscene
 
Maybe I'm alone on this (but I'm pretty sure I'm not) but the reason I watch these announcements is to see what I can expect WHEN I buy the PS4 and the Xbox One. Not "IF" but "WHEN". Like most (non-fanboy) people, I have PCs and both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. All serve different purposes and when the new generation of consoles come out, I'll own those too.

It is pretty damn obvious that people screaming in all caps "I am never buying (insert console) now..." never planned on buying it in the first place. :rolleyes:
 
Oh they will all be in line of release day.

Ragers are predictable is nothing else.
 
Is it still going to have that god awful power brick or not? Power bricks piss me off and I stay away from them if I can.
 
What? This is a tech forum dude...you want me to talk about starving people in Africa or something? Shit...

Forgive him, it is hipster-current to call every complaint that anyone with a cell phone has a "First-World" problem. I am guessing they still bitch over every little thing in their lives as well...especially when they run out of weed.
 
Maybe I'm alone on this (but I'm pretty sure I'm not) but the reason I watch these announcements is to see what I can expect WHEN I buy the PS4 and the Xbox One. Not "IF" but "WHEN". Like most (non-fanboy) people, I have PCs and both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. All serve different purposes and when the new generation of consoles come out, I'll own those too.

It is pretty damn obvious that people screaming in all caps "I am never buying (insert console) now..." never planned on buying it in the first place. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say that...I personally haven't given up on the new Xbox. I just think a lot of us were disappointed by the actual reveal that was all marketing fluff ("rocket science stuff"...really?) and did little to actually show games on a gaming console.

I know that E3 is right around the corner but MS seems to forget that PS4 will be there as well and will have all the same cross-platform games as the Xbox and, considering the better hardware, will probably look better. This is all speculation of course but it's more than possible.

Like I said...new Xbox! YAY! But the reveal? Boooo! MS could have and should have done better.
 
At this point, I don't want an Xbox One or a PS4. I don't care for sports games, I think Call of Duty has become overrated, and I don't like racing games. Also, as far as I'm concerned, all of Sony's exclusives suck.

That, and I'm pissed the fuck off at paying $350 for a console when I don't have new games to play on it. I don't want to do it this year too.

For the reveal itself, the Xbox One's voice activated stuff is ok, and the multitasking has it's purpose, but this should be stuff they're talking about during a 2 hour reveal and not wasting what seemed like a full fifth of the reveal on some nice-to-have features. It's like Sony making a big deal about some touch pad and Facebook integration for the PS4.

If MS wants me to buy their console, they still need to give me more information. Will we have to pay for Xbox live again? What are you giving me for it? What makes their paid online service better than a very matured free service offered by the competitors? This is the shit I care about.
 
Now I can upgrade my pc and forget about next-gen consoles.

This ... I enjoy these announcements but I am a PC Gamer exclusively and they couldn't add any gaming feature that would get me to buy a console ... all the convergence features are actually attractive to me since they actually provide value :cool:
 
This was nothing short of amazing and provided this comes in a decent price point of $399 to $499, Microsoft will be printing their own money with this. The "reveal" got a lot of the bs fluff out of the way and in a couple of weeks, the focus should be on the games at E3.
 
Summary through my train of thought:
COD's new engine was the most interesting thing.
COD is multiplatform.
COD I don't even like.
...
DVR CONFIRMED

TV sucks.
...
..
.
 
This looks like a very solid device, TV, web, social networking, Kinect, multi-tasking, tight integration into content and services, some strong exclusive IP and content and traditional Xbox console gaming improved. Nothing earth shattering but very solid and certainly poised to do well in the gaming console and now general entertainment market.
 
That's what E3 is for.
:rolleyes:

Sony showed game play and Sony will be at E3. MS simply failed on this one in my opinion or at the very least could have done better.

You have to remember that this was the BIG reveal man...REVEAL...yet they hardly revealed anything outside what it looks like, sports, sports, and more sport, and TV control. I thought this was a gaming console, no? Some gaming would have been nice and was certainly somewhat expected I would imagine.
 
Microsoft was very stingy with the specs which leads me to think xBox1 isn't as robust as PS4--for playing games, that is.

I was absolutely dumfounded by the amount of pixellation and low-res, non-anti-aliased pixels I saw in the Call of Duty snippet, which was the game actually running on the xb1 hardware. Looked terrible!

Remote control features were very slow--reminded me of my first-gen Comcast cable box several years ago--it switched about that fast.

This might impress people thinking about a set-top TV device, but it doesn't look much of a gaming console to me. Streaming all the games that will be available? Is that right? If so that's crazeeeee-e-e-e-eeeee! The performance bottleneck will then become a person's Internet connection--which is elwhakonutso...;)
 
Cosmetic issues.

It's too deep. This isn't the era of tube TVs. We don't need deep entertainment centers for the TV to set on anymore. The thing shouldn't be any deeper than absolutely necessary for the optical drive so it can go on a standard 11 inch deep shelf including any cables coming out the back.

A slim version without an optical drive would be an interesting option. They could encourage people to move away from physical media and the used game market by simply offering an more compact version without the drive. Obviously it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but it might nudge a lot of consumers in the direction they seem to want us to go.
 
Back
Top