• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTB: Nvidia FX 5800 Ultra

OK......found it......

I have a PNY Verto 5950 ULTRA, sorry it's not the 5800. Gigantic 256 MB of DDR memory ready to rock.

It works and you can still have it if you want, it's just been sitting in a drawer in bubble wrap for god only knows how long.
 
Not sure if you checked here yet, but they're in stock with a standard 6 month warranty: http://www.vgastore.com/geforce-fx-series

Pretty high prices on some of them, but depending it might be worth it to you. They have quite a variety of 5800 and 5900 series cards.
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
Not sure if you checked here yet, but they're in stock with a standard 6 month warranty: http://www.vgastore.com/geforce-fx-series

Pretty high prices on some of them, but depending it might be worth it to you. They have quite a variety of 5800 and 5900 series cards.


Hmm, that's quite interesting... i did look up the part numbers the listed too...
PV-T30K-NA .. XFX, very interesting
 
Would an old MSI 5950 FX (AGP card) work? I might have one buried in the closet.
 
Well, since some of you guys started sharing.

My Asus FX 5800
DPGxZkZ.jpg


My Sample FX 5800U with tin
vCEjtwK.jpg


X6iyheq.jpg
 
Erek,
Awesome looking card! Thank you for the photos and video, congrats on being able to score one of these.
Any idea if this is now more powerful than the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro? I imagine after years of driver updates the FX 5800 Ultra may have finally pulled ahead?

Thanks!
 
Erek,
Awesome looking card! Thank you for the photos and video, congrats on being able to score one of these.
Any idea if this is now more powerful than the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro? I imagine after years of driver updates the FX 5800 Ultra may have finally pulled ahead?

Thanks!

Haven't ran any benchmarks to determine, any suggestions? it can't play Elder Scrolls Oblivion without sever downgrades in settings.. even hacked with Oldblivion
 
Hi Erek,

Maybe try Doom 3? I remember that being a big title at the time.
I know when Doom 3 was originally released it seemed to favor the Nvidia 6800 Ultra more so than AMDs offerings.
 
Hi Erek,

Maybe try Doom 3? I remember that being a big title at the time.
I know when Doom 3 was originally released it seemed to favor the Nvidia 6800 Ultra more so than AMDs offerings.

My test rig has become unstable / unusable after bringing it out of storage, so i can't do anything right now. Motherboard seems to be flaking out... I was able to somewhat resurrect it temporarily by tearing the whole computer apart, but now it's acting up again
 
My test rig has become unstable / unusable after bringing it out of storage, so i can't do anything right now. Motherboard seems to be flaking out... I was able to somewhat resurrect it temporarily by tearing the whole computer apart, but now it's acting up again
old caps issue maybe? Swapped to solid state?
 
Hello,

I am looking to buy an Nvidia FX 5800 Ultra. Any brand works.
My Heatware is Burke888 and I've been a member here for many years.

This would be for an old AGP slotted motherboard so I do need a functional one.
why do you need it? I probably have an FX laying around
 
Not sure if you checked here yet, but they're in stock with a standard 6 month warranty: http://www.vgastore.com/geforce-fx-series

Pretty high prices on some of them, but depending it might be worth it to you. They have quite a variety of 5800 and 5900 series cards.

Whoa... according to their prices I have probably over 3 grand in old video cards here.. I only have one FX 5800 but not an ultra..

IMG_9717.JPG

I have several 5950 Ultras and 5700 Ultras.. and more.

GLWS (S..earch...) !!
 
how much are you selling yours for?

$600?

Nope.

I actually bought it quite cheap on eBay, seller couldn't test and just listed as non-working. So apparently I got lucky and it works (I heard a lot of them died).
 
Back
Top