WTB: Nvidia FX 5800 Ultra

Burke888

Gawd
Hello,

I am looking to buy an Nvidia FX 5800 Ultra. Any brand works.
My Heatware is Burke888 and I've been a member here for many years.

This would be for an old AGP slotted motherboard so I do need a functional one.

Reactions: erek
like this
I can't sell you the wife's card...but I can make you drool!...hers is an Nividia direct white box model...preordered

IMG_0061_1.jpg

IMG_0056_1.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!
Anyone actually have one for sale?

Any chance you'd be willing to part with that for the right price?

Dang.... a 5800 Ultra. I remember seeing them in old Tiger Direct magazines back when I was first getting into building PC's! Bump for you sir.

I had one...the 9800Pro was way better. Any reason your only trying to find this card? the 9800pro was 'the card' during this era. Your luck would probably be better.

I had one...the 9800Pro was way better. Any reason your only trying to find this card? the 9800pro was 'the card' during this era. Your luck would probably be better.

That was my first card, still have it in a drawer somewhere, thing was a beast back then

I know a friend with a semi defective engineering sample fx5800ultra. If that peaks your interest shoot me a PM

9800 pro was better.. but the fastest AGP card besides the good luck finding HD3850 was the X800XT PE or the X850XT cards.

If for a Win98SE retro computer the X800XT PE is the fastest card available that had official Win98SE drivers.

Much easier to find and cheaper as well. Or at least it was a few months ago. I picked mine up for about $30 shipped off of eBay.

Why are you specifically looking for a 5800 Ultra?

What about a FX 5950 Ultra? A "steal" at $155 + shipping.
GeForce FX 5950 ULTRA 256MB, 256bit, AGP 4x/8x, Leadtek WinFast A350 - WORKING!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not looking for the most powerful AGP card or anything like that. Just want it more for nostalgia. I have a rig with a 9700 Pro currently.

At the time the FX 5800 Ultra did not do well in benchmarks. I want to compare it the 9700 Pro in "newer" games than what was benchmarked at the time. I have a feeling the FX 5800 Ultra will do better than the 9700 Pro.

Wish I had one to part with, BUT I remember my struggles with my FX5200 PCI edition... at the time my Dell didn't have AGP and was limited to the PCI bus ^_^ good times (not really) good luck on your hunt.

I know a local hardware surplus shop. I'll check the next time I'm there if they have a good one like that there.

Wow thats an old one. I'll dig through my old cards and see what I have
I know I have 2 Prophet 4500's :D

I used to have that exact same card. Was the noisiest video card ever but one of the most interesting coolers ever. Taking it apart to clean was a PITA. I sold mine about 11 years ago, wish I had held on to it for coolness factor.

like this
"Was the noisiest video card ever..."....haha!......that's why we have always referred to it as the "Hoover" vacuum cleaner card.

just some shots to make you jelly.

I hope you find your 5800 Ultra. There aren't many out there. Probably the one of the rarest retail cards ever released and since they were so poorly received probably ended up in landfills not too soon after purchase.

Is that card in the middle the 5900 Ultra you bought from me? :D I'm sorta kicking myself for selling it as they are much harder to come by these days, as well as having a much better NF2 Ultra 400 set up to play with now. I hope she's treating you right :)

As an aside, good luck to the OP on his search.

like this
I might have one.

I have to check my junk drawer.

I do absolutely have AGP PNY Verto 6800 GT if that would do????

It was like the third GPU I ever bought.

like this
I'm still looking but I feel lucky.....let you know by tonight.
I moved and I still have some disarray to my stuff.

Back