Worst Game Ever?

Comte said:
Outpost for PC. First CD Rom game. That game was terrible, you couldnt even play it when you bought it, and half the items were not there, and they never got it patched so they could play it.

Oh man, I remember buying Outpost and then trying to play it. I was like "WTF?"

I still liked Tresspasser, even though I had to cheat to finish it. Some of the dinosaurs were too hard to sneak past and/or kill (especially with the EXTREMELY limited amount of ammo they gave you!). Tresspasser was one of the first games that introduced physics ala Half-Life 2, and I was impressed when I played it -- even though it was a resource hog. Can you imagine how much fun it would be if the redid it using a better engine. Oh yeah!

I actually came up with one worse than ET for atari 2600. Yes, it took some thinking over the past few days, but I did it!

Taboo for NES
by RARE (yes, one of RARE's earliest games)

I remember going to Hills with my mom to finally buy a new NES game. We were always on the lower income side so a new game was a big deal. I looked at the covers in the glass case and for some unkown reason, I should have been hit by a truck or smited by Jebus, plucked this beauty and took it home.

The game: Enter your name, Enter your Sex, Enter your B-Day, Enter a question. Then cards slowly flip onto your screen that have poorly translated english that is incomprehensible and certainly not anything to do with your question... such as the "The knight of cups."

Then once all that excitement is over, it asks you to enter your state (?!?WTF?!?) and it puts up a bunch of numbers.

Game Over.

Yes, it is a piss poor gypsy simulator game! Swear to god. Hills wouldn't let me return it so I still own the NES cart, parents were pissed - I was traumatized. Absolute worst. Nothing can really top this one.

Michael.R said:
I only play retail games that were supposed to be good. (rated higher then 8 out of ten) but even those suck sometimes. Ones that have been given perfect marks!!!!

Sorry but Halo 2 sucked. Single player was crap compared to the original. Original game I probably played through a dozen times on legendary. The second one I had trouble going through the single player campaign even once without crying because bungie screwed what could have been a awsome trilogy of games 1 2 3. In all honesty Halo 2 is the only game I have ever sold back to electonic botique.

But because I want to make the above poster happy and not say Halo 2 I will have to also say nearly every single game on the addicting games website.
Hey, woah, woah, leave it alone buddy....did I say a single thing about Halo 2? Sorry. didn't...so, cut out the sarcasm, it's not appreciated! ;)

I hated Daggerfall, I thought it was truely awful.

Some RPG fans liked it(the hack and slash flavour).

Why I hated it:
The main quest was to solve the curse, it starts at the castle, so you would think talking to the king,ect they would give you some clues. But no, you only have the option to barter with them(same as the other 2D NPCs). There was no plot to the game, just run around killing things that randomly pop up.

While the map was huge, the towns/dungeons/etc where all based off the same 5 or 6 templates. Once you'd done a few they were all the same.

Awful AI

The guards came at you continuously and seemingly hunted you down for vagrancy(why?!)

This game taught me that any RPG advertising itself with a "Massive Map" actually means "Nothing to do - what you expect us to fill this huge map with anything other than monsters??!".

Codename: Outbreak

Bought it in a vain search for a playable lan co-op fps (No one freaking makes them anymore, and it's sad. Hidden and Dangerous was the best one of the genre that i've run across, and I can't tell you how many times me and 3 of my friends ran through that game. Quake2 runs distant 2nd. When I found out H&D2 did't have co-op, I nearly cried). But I digress. I would sooner feed horse manure into my optical drive than re-insert the disc that sits in my closet. It mocks me for paying $9.00 to be raped by its' terrible graphics, bugs where you could fail the level but continue to play in a vain search for an item that had been destroyed (not a later level, either. Level, 1!!!), constant crashing, and just terrible, terrible plot.

GTA: VC came out before Driv3r.

Worst game I've ever played: Extreme Paintbrawl, I can't believe I ever bought this shit omg. I just want to cry and I'm sure my PC does to for enduring it's pain.

I dislike anything with Rob Schneider in it. Therefore, the worst game would have to go to A Fork In A Tale.

Black and White was the worst PC game I've played, the worst console game I've played is probably Clue for the Sega Genesis

The worst game ever has to be ET for the Atari, but that has already been listed. So I am going to list Link: The Faces of Evil as second place.

Am I the only one here that owns a Phillips CD-I system??

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
Worst game I've ever played: Extreme Paintbrawl, I can't believe I ever bought this shit omg. I just want to cry and I'm sure my PC does to for enduring it's pain.

You're still on the same PC you originally loaded Extreme Paintball on to? Whoa. Old rig you have there! :)

Well one I really hated.

Mission Camilion

That game was just pointless, I got it for free from a friend and it drove me crazy, so I just uninstalled it and have never played it again.

(Most games I hate I just uninstall and forget)

Of all the games listed I gotta lend my support to Road Rash and Tribes Vengeance...especially Tribes Vengeance, because I had a blast playing the demo with my friends, and I was planning on buying it, then a couple months after it came out the developer pulled all their support from it... wtf? It was great, especially after the nightmarish disaster that was Tribes 2.

The worst game I've played in recent memory would have to be Revenant... I bought it because it looked like Diablo but it was just a buggy piece of shit and it crashed ALL the time.

Metroid Prime 2.

I felt as if it were a burden, rather than a pleasure, while playing this game.

turok rage wars

castlevania 64 - HORRIBLE ASS CAMERA ;[!! Dear god...

NewbieTwo said:
Star Wars Force Commander: The most unusable, incomprehensible, half-assed User Interface I have ever had the displeasure of paying to use. This game sucked to levels previously unseen in the mortal world.

Oh dear god, the flashbacks are starting again. I had completely blotted out the memory of that violating experience. I remeber seeing the game in the store when it came out and thinking "Well I haven't heard much on this but Lucasarts has never dissappointed before and it sounds cool!" Oh poor naive Imp, how they hurt you. Endless stupid boring foolishness. Fights ahd all sorts of tactical options and buttons to click, so you could watch your ugly little ships swarm around in odd ways and get the same results regardless. More ships = the win. Oh man, and now I remember master of orion 3, sneaking up, telling me it would be "Our little secret". It boggles my mind how you can take a sure fire seller and crap all over what made the original two so fun and expect it to be good. If you can't make a good movie or game out of the star wars universe you should just be shot too.

OK, first I will disagree about the following:

Half Life 2 had way too many great things about it to a "worst game ever" - graphics, control, main story, and weapons. The repetative enemies thing is a major hit against it, and also causes Half Life 1 to be boring too. I still have never finished either of them because after getting 50% of the way through them I am bored to tears.

Doom 3 had only 2 things going for it which stop it from being the worst game ever - graphics and fear factor. Other than those things, the game was WAY worse that HL2.

Shenmue introduced several new things to gaming that were not there before. The story was great, some of the tasks were repetative, the controls were great, the training on skills was great, the size of the game was great... so... too many greats in the previous statements to be WGE (worst game ever).

Halo was the best FPS on a console when it came out. The story was great - even though the ending was no ending. Not a lot of different enemies, but the guns were cool. Did get a little boring about 60-70% of the way through. Way to many good things to be WGE.

Road Rash had one of the first soundtracks in a game with real bands. I thought it was VERY fun. Not a WGE candidate.

Red Faction had destructable environments which was new when it came out. It also added missions where you could not use your weapons and things like that. When a game boasts an innovation that others have used since then, the game creates a legacy to itself. Not a perfect game by any stretch, but not WGE either.

Panzer Dragoon Orta has awesome graphics, and very good gameplay. Anyone who bought it and then hated it because it was on rails is an idiot for buying it. Of course it was on rails, just like the 2 before it. They were great too. It wasn't a perfect game, but it was great for what it was - the best shooter on rails at the time it came out.

My WGE's (that I actually played):

ET (yes I owned it), Riven (loved Myst, hated Riven), Driver 3 (no innovation at all and horrible graphics and physics), Shenmue 3 (for never coming out to complete the story), Trespasser (lame, lame, lame), Pit Fighter (totally terrible), ANY PC or console game without controls you can edit

Horrible/Annoying games that I avoided:

Diakatana, Superman 64, Extreme Paintball, every other game with "Extreme" in the title, every Nascar game ever made, and every game that has John Madden's voice in it where you cannot turn it off :p .

Super pitfall (NES) - horribly impossible - (used a game genie and spent 2 hours looking for the end.. nothing) - and incredibly bad in general -

uhh, other contenders, this Drag-racing game for the Ps2, you spend most of your time getting to the starting line, and instead of switching gears, you have to press down the ps2 buttons very lightly or you burn out your engine.... its REALLY bad.. do not get it..

lets see what else...

Oh any mortal Kombat game after 3. and the Sub-zero platformer BARFF!!!

Oh Wargods! (also midway MK engine) -

I will reply wiuth more as I remeber them

2 words: Lawnmower man.

It was one of those "interactive movies" that someone decided would be popular right around the time CD-ROMs came out. It was a succession of puzzles that made less and less sense, and took more and more luck. The controls were more or less moot- you could only control your character for a split second every few minutes. Not only that, but you couldn't save. At all.

There were also random, horribly pixelated clips from the movie, terrible voiceovers...the works. A truly atrocious game.

E.T. for Atari

It made absolutely NO sense... I just remember people chasing me thorugh, cemetary's were they? THen WHAMO, you were in some pit, and if you wiggled around enough and pushed enough buttons you'd MAGICALLY get out of the hole, only to get chased into a building and fall into a hole... repeat...repeat...

Man that game sucked.

QJ

bruenor said:
I actually came up with one worse than ET for atari 2600. Yes, it took some thinking over the past few days, but I did it!

Taboo for NES
by RARE (yes, one of RARE's earliest games)

I remember going to Hills with my mom to finally buy a new NES game. We were always on the lower income side so a new game was a big deal. I looked at the covers in the glass case and for some unkown reason, I should have been hit by a truck or smited by Jebus, plucked this beauty and took it home.

The game: Enter your name, Enter your Sex, Enter your B-Day, Enter a question. Then cards slowly flip onto your screen that have poorly translated english that is incomprehensible and certainly not anything to do with your question... such as the "The knight of cups."

Then once all that excitement is over, it asks you to enter your state (?!?WTF?!?) and it puts up a bunch of numbers.

Game Over.

Yes, it is a piss poor gypsy simulator game! Swear to god. Hills wouldn't let me return it so I still own the NES cart, parents were pissed - I was traumatized. Absolute worst. Nothing can really top this one.

Ah yes, I remember renting this POS. Think of all the gypsies that were unemployeed as a result..... This one and Top Gun would get my vote for the nes system.

Worst game ever

Hulk for the sega saturn. When did the Hulk ever had to find keys to open doors?

Superman 64. When did superman ever have to fly through rings suspended in air in order to save Lois?

Total Recall for Nintendo. Should have been totally recalled...

pistola said:
Enter the Matrix.

Worst game EVER.

HAHAHAHA couldn't agree more. When did post offices become THAT gigantic with endless amounts of police officers coming for you?

Ok, I agree with ET. But why, when everyone is complaining about ET and falling in pits, does no-one even mention The Sims and having to take your character to the bathroom every five minutes?

Worst game of all time
TETERIS attack for snes
the puzzles are impossible and takes up way to much time

Custer's Revenge has got to be the worst. You are the 8-bit ghost of Gen. Custer; your mission is to ride along, dodging obstacles, in order to rape an Indian woman who is tied to a pole. It is a game that should have never been made.

In my opinion Terminator 3 War of the Machines (for PC, consoles are ghey). Most disappointing game ever. Someone said earlier that any movie made into a game.....he's right. Talk about cashing in on the name. Hopefully the upcoming Fartship Troopers game will be decent. The demo is pretty lame to me as far as graphics and sounds and even on easy it is damn hard (of course I could be that I'm old and a nub). Now, WOTM was such a let down (how anyone playing as an endoskeleton could stand to move so slowly is beyond me). Playing against those T1 tanks? forget it, they would rip you to shreds before you could even turn around to see what was up... Playing as a T800 in "infra red" mode? Can you say "where the hell is everyone?" I couldn't see anything in that vision mode. I patiently waited to kill my first model T800. How horrible! The model just fell over like a mannequin and didn't even make a sound. Speaking of sounds, the only sound the remotely resembled any sound from the movies was the big flying HK hovering overhead, and even that was lame. The models (human or machine) were so horribly rendered it made me sick, they had absolutely no life to them. HELLOO?CAN YOU SAY PHYSICS? Seriously made me wish I still had Windoze 95 so I could go back and play Bethesda's Terminator Future Shock again. Hopefully when T4 comes out (oh jeez) they will get something right. What a total waste of a franchise....

Phil

rhansen5_99 said:
Worst game of all time
TETERIS attack for snes

I can't say anything about the single player, but that was a great multiplayer game.

I have to say Panty Raider was the worst game I'd ever gotten as a gift. I'd like to throw my vote in for SimCity 2000 (for the Gameboy) it came free with the gameboy i got, and my gawd it's just about impossible to play.

There are many games worse then any listed on here, there are millions of games and the worst ones aren't even listed by anyone. People listing shenmue, and black and white as the worst games ever are just an examples of how inaccurate the games listed as worse ever is.

Half Life/Counterstrike.

NOT HL2 or CSS or anything, but the originals. The originals speak for themselves. Horrid game.

Luke_Skywalker said:
There are many games worse then any listed on here, there are millions of games and the worst ones aren't even listed by anyone. People listing shenmue, and black and white as the worst games ever are just an examples of how inaccurate the games listed as worse ever is.

I have to agree with the Jedi here, it looks like most of the people posting are just attemping flames, rather then legitmate 'horrible' games. Black and white, halflife 2, and Doom 3 are not horrible games..

hmm. an example of 'worst evar'

I HAVE A GOOD ONE!! TRESPASSER!! HA! beat that anyone! :eek:

Bad games, are ones that (like trespasser) REALLY SUCK -

rhansen5_99 said:
Worst game of all time
TETERIS attack for snes

Tetris Attack was brilliant, and we need a sequel.

Mazgazine1 said:
I have to agree with the Jedi here, it looks like most of the people posting are just attemping flames, rather then legitmate 'horrible' games. Black and white, halflife 2, and Doom 3 are not horrible games..

hmm. an example of 'worst evar'

I HAVE A GOOD ONE!! TRESPASSER!! HA! beat that anyone! :eek:

Bad games, are ones that (like trespasser) REALLY SUCK -
I would have to agree with you, AND the person you agreed with!

Back