Worst Game Ever?

dano said:
Pools of Radience, it was sooo buggy it hosed my brothers system to the point where it was easier to format the thing and re-install.
I thought the game's installer did that for you? ;)

Terpfen said:
I think everyone here is forgetting the undisputed champion of terrible games:

Extreme Paintbrawl.

(The SNES version of Populous blew as well.)
This WAS a bad game. I had it on my shelf for two years before I tried it. Believe me, if you think a game that is horrible at its release is bad, just try it again two years later when the graphics are even more antiquated and horrible. This thread is going to send me to therapy.

NewbieTwo said:
Star Wars Force Commander: The most unusable, incomprehensible, half-assed User Interface I have ever had the displeasure of paying to use. This game sucked to levels previously unseen in the mortal world.
I remember how excited I was to purchase this game when I first heard of a Star Wars RTS. This is only dwarfed by how excited I was to uninstall it after having to deal with the suffering of playing it for more than an hour. I couldn't believe that a Star Wars game could be so horrible, after all the praise the genre was given, how no one thought a Star Wars game would ever fail. What a shock.

CmaN3 said:
As for actual horribleness in programming and such? Easily Driv3r. Lets take the physics engine. I was going 120 in a car, hit a jump, turned veritical. I hit a small metal fence. About 1/10th of the car hit it. My car stopped dead and dropped straight down. What the hell is up with that? Last I checked a 2000 pound piece of metal traveling at speeds in excess of 100mph doesnt come to a dead stop because it hit a 3 foot tall decorative metal fence. And can you save GTA: Vice City RIPOFF? I mean for gods sake, if you look at the beach area, in GTA where you start out at the hotel, it is EXACTLY the same as in Driv3r. The maps are exactly the same...

Just in my experience and my opinions of course.
I felt horrible when I played DRIV3R. Our household does not have a lot of money left over for things, but my fiance bought me DRIV3R because I was ogling it in the store. I felt bad to begin with, but when I got home and tried it, I felt even worse. I played it for a few hours to feel I hadn't entirely wasted money, but it joins countless other games on the shelf that haven't been played in months or years.

botreaper10 said:
I would have to say the worst game I can remember playing was star control 2. Now star control 1 for the 3DO was wonderful. It had some great movies/cutscenes and the gameplay actually flowed well. The 2nd had NONE of those. No cutscenes, no flow to the gameplay, and virtually no story at all.
Silence! Now go play Star Control 3 to see what suck really looks like!

slowbiz said:
worst game ever = that chester the cheetah game for Snes.
Speaking of franchise-themed games, how about Avoid the Noid? Or Spy vs. Spy? Both really old four-colour CGA games. :) And both horrible! Avoid the Noid was essentially Keystone Kapers from Activision, except without being fun.

Honestly I really liked Starcontrol 2. I ever download dosbox just so I could play it again.

For one Christmas I got Final Fanasty 7, played it. LOVED it, and played it again. Couldn't wait for FF8 to come out because it looked awesome and PSX mag, just started to praise it. So the next Christmas I got Final Fanasty 8, I started to play it for like 4 hours and thought it was boring. Quit playing it and played with something else I had gotten for Christmas. I was really disappointed, and from that day I have never touched that game again. But I had played FF7 again.

Comte said:
Outpost for PC. First CD Rom game. That game was terrible, you couldnt even play it when you bought it, and half the items were not there, and they never got it patched so they could play it.
I continued to tell myself, "I'm playing it for the storyline... I'm playing it for the storyline..." I enjoyed it moderately, but it was definitely not as good as it was made out to be. Somehow, I have actually ended up with two copies of this game on my shelf. Outpost 2 was moderately better, and I still occasionally play it.

Kortiz DZ said:
Master of Orion 3
I bought Master of Orion 3 the day it was released, along with a friend. We were both very disappointed, but just two months ago, decided to try it again. It isn't actually as horrible as we both remembered it, but it is still no better than Master of Orion 2. In fact, it is quite similar, I found, except with more math and slightly updated graphics. The only real advantage I see is that it uses TCP/IP for networking, not IPX/SPX. No more "Sending Chunks" to the players while starting the game. :D

LoneWolf said:
Shadow Warrior: Pathetic retread of Duke Nukem 3D with infantile humor, racist Asian stereotypes, and a thin plot. The hero was supposed to be a fallen samurai, and yet he thought poo-poo humor was funny. Major suckage.
Nooo! Say it ain't so! I love that game. :)
"You want to wash Wang or watch Wang wash wang?"

Boar-Ral said:
Speaking of franchise-themed games, how about Avoid the Noid? Or Spy vs. Spy? Both really old four-colour CGA games. :) And both horrible! Avoid the Noid was essentially Keystone Kapers from Activision, except without being fun.
Aww, man! Spy VS Spy! For the Sega Master System II. Ahaha. God-DAMN, I remember that game well. I played it when I was like, 8 or something. Christ. I can't comment on how good it was/wasn't, as I haven't played it for quite some time, but I do remember it kept my attention. There must have been something about it.... :confused:

Cowcaster88 said:
For one Christmas I got Final Fanasty 7, played it. LOVED it, and played it again. Couldn't wait for FF8 to come out because it looked awesome and PSX mag, just started to praise it. So the next Christmas I got Final Fanasty 8, I started to play it for like 4 hours and thought it was boring. Quit playing it and played with something else I had gotten for Christmas. I was really disappointed, and from that day I have never touched that game again. But I had played FF7 again.
I don't get it. The name has just put me off them. How can they be final...if there's always "just one more" ??

banGerprawN said:
I don't get it. The name has just put me off them. How can they be final...if there's always "just one more" ??

The name "Final Fantasy" was originally a nod to the fact that, had it tanked, Square would have folded. It was a bet-the-company title, and I guess it kinda paid off.

Cowcaster88 said:
Aww!!! I loved Final Fantasy 8!! It was the only FF game I ever got into!

Kevin Lowe said:
The name "Final Fantasy" was originally a nod to the fact that, had it tanked, Square would have folded. It was a bet-the-company title, and I guess it kinda paid off.
Oohhh...riiight. It all makes some sense now. I may just even go out an buy FF10. Or is it 11 now? I swear, I try to stay up-to-date... :D

Final Fantasy 8 may not have been better than 7 (or any other FF's), but it is still far from being the worst game ever.

Alex Kid in Miracle World, how unfair was rock paper scissors for a boss fight? I threw my sega controller against the wall and yanked the cartridge out without shutting off the power cause I was sick of it!

hikeskool said:
I can't believe you can base Shadow Warrior's "suckage" soley on Lo Wang's low-brow humor because he's a fallen samurai but can accept duke nukem despite both games being made by the same people with an equally weak plot.

Good work.

Duke Nukem 3D was at least an original game; plus it had a pretty good deathmatch with some interesting weapons, such as laser trip-mines, the freeze gun, and the shrink ray. And if you understood a little more about traditional samurai, you'd also no that for a samurai to act like that would be grounds for ritual suicide according to traditional samurai code of honor. Duke's character was what he was supposed to be. Lo Wang didn't even fit the definition of his very own character.

I played Duke when it was brand new, and at the time, it was pretty groundbreaking. Shadow Warrior came out long after Duke, when far more inventive games had already arrived, another reason why I panned it as a retread. Perhaps you weren't playing games back in 1996; if you had, maybe you'd understand.

LoneWolf said:
Duke Nukem 3D was at least an original game; plus it had a pretty good deathmatch with some interesting weapons, such as laser trip-mines, the freeze gun, and the shrink ray. And if you understood a little more about traditional samurai, you'd also no that for a samurai to act like that would be grounds for ritual suicide according to traditional samurai code of honor. Duke's character was what he was supposed to be. Lo Wang didn't even fit the definition of his very own character.

I played Duke when it was brand new, and at the time, it was pretty groundbreaking. Shadow Warrior came out long after Duke, when far more inventive games had already arrived, another reason why I panned it as a retread. Perhaps you weren't playing games back in 1996; if you had, maybe you'd understand.

Wow.

Sorry I'm not up on seppuku guidelines for fictional video game characters.

You are still joking, right? :eek:

Worst Game that I have never played:

Deer Hunter XXXX

where XXXX is any of these:
nD, where n is an integer
n, where n is an integer

I really don't see how that game could possibly be fun.

LoneWolf said:

I liked Duke Nukem 3D back in the day.

You know, I really hated Duke3d and all of the other 3d Realms games that came out using it's engine.

It was Duke3d, Blood, and Shadow Warrior, right? The art, textures, and animation were awful even for the standards of the day, and for the latter two games we'd all already been playing Quake at that point.

I think Duke3d was a boring, plodding lousy "look-what-we-can-do" (in terms of graphics and adult content) FPS with a few cool, albeit halfway-implemented, ideas. The games that came after were rehashes of the same idea.

Also, here's a terrible early CD-ROM game (far worse than Outpost, IMO): The Journeyman Project. Blech!!

Xephian said:
I liked Duke Nukem 3D back in the day.
So did I. I wasn't dissing Duke, I was dissing Shadow Warrior, and Hikeskool felt my reasons were silly, so I made a comparison and explained. He still thinks they're silly; that's his right.

I have to say Duke was best as a deathmatch game though. Single player wasn't bad, but get eight people together and done LAN party style, it was a lot more fun.

The frist Battlecrusier game was awful....
So was the second....

I stopped after that.

C&C Renegade ... it totally, completely s u c k e d. I want my $60~ back!

heh I remember playing C&C renegade on my 32MB Nvidia Gforce gfx card and Im like WTF "THIS IS THE BEST GFX MONEY CAN "announced Gforce TI!" ..SHIT"

It would always skip and choke and take like 2 minutes to load a damn map. Multiplayer sucked too!

i usually avoid games with a bad rep, so i havent played any games like superman 64 or the et game. my vote for worst game (in my limited experience with bad games) is final fantasy x-2. i enjoyed final fantasy x... how they managed to make x-2 so annoying is beyond me. one of the few games i have ever had the urge to throw the controller across the room...

*edit*

oh... i forgot driv3r. OH MY GOD. i didn't buy this game, i played it ovfer an argument. i was playing vice city and a friend of mine was like "dude why are you playing that old piece of shit, there are so many better things out". i was like ummm nothing can touch gta, sorry. so he brought up driv3r and let me borrow it. i am SO glad i didn't pay for it. there is no plot, main character was totally forgettable, crappy cars, physics, gameplay, etc etc etc. aiming was annoying and the chase system was beyond horrible. after beating a mission it actually took you out of the game to a MENU and had you manually select the next mission. for something that claims to be a gta clone..

urgh this thread is making me angry :(

bob said:
Worst game all times? I cant say for sure, since I havent played every one.

the game that made me say outloud "Man, this is som' bullshit right here, screw this" would be battlefield 2.

Single player mode is fine. Its when I get online. To boot a team killer, and require 41 votes on a 32v32 player map... That is some BS.

I keep getting kicked all the time for excessive team killing. WTF!!! Sometimes not even 5 seconds after I load the map, I get booted for TK'ing. Dammit. Didnt even get to select what type of dude I was going to be, and I get my ass booted.

takes 1/2 an hour to log in. I type my user name and password in, it just sits there. So I have to alt+tab, then go back and sometimes it will work.

sometimes the game would shit a brick and crash.

OH OH!!!

Need for speed Underground (Ricer Unleashed). I hated it. So fucking retarted, I seriously threw that game into my garbage. What a waste of money.

For you BF2 is the worst game ever, but to many its awesome.
But to many, many more its a bugged pain in the ass that takes more effort to get working then building a new computer.

Once you get it working its fucking great!

Dude, if you didn't enjoy Duke Nukem 3D, then you you just need to pack your bags and get a new hobby.

Boar-Ral said:
Nooo! Say it ain't so! I love that game. :)
"You want to wash Wang or watch Wang wash wang?"

I liked that game too.
Remember the NUKE bomb that was so overly strong it didn't matter where you were you almost always killed your self using it!

Terpfen said:
You're still on the same PC you originally loaded Extreme Paintball on to? Whoa. Old rig you have there! :)

(I think) P2 400MHz, 128MB RAM, 4GB hard drive. Yeah i still have it lmao.

How about Terminator 2 for the SNES.
The GFXs were painfull, their was a never ending amount of bad guys to kill, even after you killed every guy in mall level there was always 100 more.

The levels went from hard to boring to stupid hard... and that MIDI sound track drove me insane.

Majin said:
For you BF2 is the worst game ever, but to many its awesome.
But to many, many more its a bugged pain in the ass that takes more effort to get working then building a new computer.

Once you get it working its fucking great!

I think thats his point. I have a new system and this game crashes every other time it runs, it hard reboots my system.

A game shouldn't require a computer rebuild just to get it to run.

Hohokam said:
I think thats his point. I have a new system and this game crashes every other time it runs, it hard reboots my system.

A game shouldn't require a computer rebuild just to get it to run.

Thats because BF2 is the worste codded game most people have ever seen... EVER!

But what do you expect from EA

Majin said:
Thats because BF2 is the worste codded game most people have ever seen... EVER!

But what do you expect from EA

I think you mean DICE. EA didn't touch a line of code in any of the Battlefield games.

Back