World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

business, I just fixed my crashing issue. Reinstalled the game and saved my skins folder. No more "out of memory" crash.

Previously, the game would climb up to over 3GB of virtual memory, now it stays around 1GB. No more crashes, I started loading mods up one at a time after, starting with the skins, then the AA mod, and nothing yet, still good!

Last edited:
business, I just fixed my crashing issue. Reinstalled the game and saved my skins folder. No more "out of memory" crash.

Previously, the game would climb up to over 3GB of virtual memory, now it stays around 1GB. No more crashes, I started loading mods up one at a time after, starting with the skins, then the AA mod, and nothing yet, still good!

I'm doing that now. It has been egregious for me.

I'm doing that now. It has been egregious for me.

The amount of times, that I have crashed, only to come back and get killed within seconds, blows my mind. =)

Now, I have not enabled replays yet, so it is totally possible that is causing it, since it will undoubtedly use more resources. Instead I enabled NV ShadowPlay.

I've been generally lucky that it crashes right at the very beginning of a match, and I can usually get back in before taking too many hits.

Going to start with it bone stock, then move from there. Something is seriously jacked up with the software's memory management, though.

I don't do much with skins, and use a few mods from aslains, and have replays enabled, but don't get any crashes with the recent update. Got a few in earlier versions. No overclocking or anything, and my laptop isn't meant for gaming (it a dell precision) so the drivers are probably slower but built for stability over performance.

I've been generally lucky that it crashes right at the very beginning of a match, and I can usually get back in before taking too many hits.

Going to start with it bone stock, then move from there. Something is seriously jacked up with the software's memory management, though.

Yup, that's what I did too, no crashes for the last day and half, where previously, I'd get 2-3 a day. They were all out of memory issues, where the game would use up 4GB of virtual memory, and then die. I have loaded skins + AA mod back on , Replays might come, though NV shadowplay has been working decently.

Ouch man, that sucks :( You need to get that crashing problem fixed.

Reinstalled the game overnight without sweetfx this time.

Business6 maybe try dropping your OCs if you have them? Not like this game takes much.

It was SweetFX causing the instability. Hopefully the reinstall solidifies things but holy shit this game is so ugly without it.

Reinstalled the game overnight without sweetfx this time.

It was SweetFX causing the instability. Hopefully the reinstall solidifies things but holy shit this game is so ugly without it.

Hmmm, are you sure? I still had crashes after i disabled SweetFX :). though I did not re-install after removing it.

You do get used to it again.... at least do the AA mod, which is working again it seems.

Hmmm, are you sure? I still had crashes after i disabled SweetFX :). though I did not re-install after removing it.

You do get used to it again.... at least do the AA mod, which is working again it seems.

Where do I get such things? My eyes are hurting and my Titan X is probably around 20-30%...

Anyone lately been able to use VSR/DSR (whatever the scaling resolution). AMD GPU = no AA :(

I honestly downclock my GPU and run adaptive VSync. The card is pretty much frozen temps wise, haha.

Anyone lately been able to use VSR/DSR (whatever the scaling resolution). AMD GPU = no AA :(

I honestly downclock my GPU and run adaptive VSync. The card is pretty much frozen temps wise, haha.

I tried it before(on the NV GPU) and my friend runs it on his 290x, I found it makes text too small.

I run a 7970/2600k system, 16GB, win 10 Pro with all eye candy on except for foliage (just gets in the way :)), and get a steady 55fps. Running the max AA and Anistropic provided by the game.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm running at 2560 X 1440 on a 32" 2k Display.

Are AMD Eyefinity triple-screens usable on this game?

Last edited:
I run a 7970/2600k system, 16GB, win 10 Pro with all eye candy on except for foliage (just gets in the way :)), and get a steady 55fps. Running the max AA and Anistropic provided by the game.

try disabling the in-game AA, it blurs the edges too much, the game actually looks better with the crazy aliasing ~.~

I can't seem to get AA working in any way through nvidia inspector anymore. Sigh.

Nevermind, got it:
ciEqqhh.jpg

4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA

Last edited:
I had a weak moment and bought the kutuzov, since I figured it's basically cheaper than 1 night at the bar. Only a few games in, I can see how in the hands of a skilled player, this ship could cause some mayhem.

However, I am not a skilled player...lol

mvfFGUi.jpg

Not my best score(16k xp was my best...in an aoba), but this is my highest credit income.

Love the Atego, its a beast. Helps that I just did the myoko before buying it, but its a monster. with 30 or so games and I have been #1 on the team 90% of the time. I got a loss last night and made 550k. Average games push over 400k. Credits were a real problem before this, but I think this is a solution. Great for ranked so far.

Last edited:
How is your fps? If i do 4 x 2 or 2 x4, i get 40-45fps, 4 x 4 is like 30fps!

It's actually pretty good, even when streaming and running a bunch of programs in the background I was getting the same range of fps as before. There was some chugging here and there so I'll drop it to 2x2x to smooth it out a little but it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I mean, damn, look at the smoothness!
pR3VZ4r.jpg

It's actually pretty good, even when streaming and running a bunch of programs in the background I was getting the same range of fps as before. There was some chugging here and there so I'll drop it to 2x2x to smooth it out a little but it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

pR3VZ4r.jpg

Oh god that's sexy, must try.

I got it to work, I don't have time to play a game but wow! It also uses 100% GPU at 4x4 in port...

Also just noticed the screen scaling has been messed up for 3440x1440. I have to change it to full screen borderless window to get the 21:9 ratio. Not sure if this happened before or after nvinspector, I think before. "auto" for ratio doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:
Oh god that's sexy, must try.

I got it to work, I don't have time to play a game but wow! It also uses 100% GPU at 4x4 in port...

Also just noticed the screen scaling has been messed up for 3440x1440. I have to change it to full screen borderless window to get the 21:9 ratio. Not sure if this happened before or after nvinspector, I think before. "auto" for ratio doesn't work anymore.
Try the 19:10 ratio. Best I got for the 21:9 monitor

Man. Ultra wide is soo nice for firing on fast ships. You can actually see them on screen while you fire

Load into a match last night in my Benson, hey a pink name on or team, oh shit it's Matt_the_brat. Still not banned. Warned my team about him but he still managed to put some torps into one of our BBs. Blew himself up again in the process. Reported and blacklisted for all the good that will do.

So since this guy isn't making any money in his matches, here is my theory why he is still not banned: WG is giving him a pass because he is spending real money to fund his little adventures. Has anyone ever seen him not TK?

Not sure if it is bad luck but over the last couple of weeks I've run into two separate TK divisions (one a three ship CV/BB/CL the other two DDs), another single TK'er (CL) and now our pal Matt.

-S

Try the 19:10 ratio. Best I got for the 21:9 monitor

Man. Ultra wide is soo nice for firing on fast ships. You can actually see them on screen while you fire

Yeah I love my monitor. Best upgrade I ever made. My wife didn't notice it for three weeks, and even booked Disney on it, then one day she was like, "what the fuck!" I played dumb, said it was the same one we always had and she said, "bullshit it's curved!" I used the excuse I spend less than 1% of our income on myself and she calmed down :). Our previous was 24" 16:10 so there was quite a difference going to 21:9 34" curved. I wish it did over 60Hz but isn't a big deal since 60Hz is a good match for a high end card and ultra settings in most games.

Anywho, looking at my Iowa borderless windowed looks like it displays 21:9 right. Looks wider than full screen 19:10.

I had a weak moment and bought the kutuzov, since I figured it's basically cheaper than 1 night at the bar. Only a few games in, I can see how in the hands of a skilled player, this ship could cause some mayhem.

However, I am not a skilled player...lol

It's so god damn tempting. A cruiser with smoke and twelve guns. My only advice is turn away from the enemy, full reverse and pop smoke. Also make sure another ship has visibility on what you're shooting at.... and they don't have torps. Or use it what it's probably meant for and mask the ships around you. Just remember if you pop smoke and you have a velocity towards the enemy you'll pop in and out of it.

There was a game a few days ago I told a Tirpitz to go full reverse (he was 7km was two Colorados) and he actually listened and I popped smoke for him. He basically had a field day. I launched tight torps at both Colorados in my Benson and got three hits on each. I think they were to worried about the Tirpitz. :). It was ranked too so it was beautiful.

Last edited:
holy shit awesome

I just wish you could do it in-game so it's in effect after that game. That's where you find out who the dicks are, but by the time I get back to port I forget their name LOL

pR3VZ4r.jpg

that pic is 4 x 4x? looks great :) makes me want to upgrade GPUS, though I don't think a 980TI would be that much better, I guess it's waiting for next gen

It's so god damn tempting. A cruiser with smoke and twelve guns. My only advice is turn away from the enemy, full reverse and pop smoke. Also make sure another ship has visibility on what you're shooting at.... and they don't have torps. Or use it what it's probably meant for and mask the ships around you. Just remember if you pop smoke and you have a velocity towards the enemy you'll pop in and out of it.

It's a fun ship in some situations, got 12 matches in yesterday (went 7-5), just trying to get a handle on how to play it. Only had 2 games that I was truly satisfied with though. In 4 cap area domination games on two brothers, it's a fun ship, plenty of cover, teams are usually in small groups, it's a good cap defender. On single cap ocean? It's going to get slaughtered.

I did make use of offensive smoke a few times, especially when I had my kiev captain in there with superintendent (with premium smoke, gives 3 charges).

Obviously the armor is glass, and a ~30k salvo from a north carolina 20km away will remind you not to forget about them ever. Perhaps chibster would drive that thing right up into the enemy (lol) & raise hell, but for us sane people, laying back seems to be a smart play. The downside is when your team rolls, you end up being completely uninvolved other than some 18km HE spam, since you can't really catch up to them. If it lives until near end of game, it's probably good to have since focus fire won't be as much of an issue and you can play more aggressively.

If a DD stumbles upon you accidentally, they likely won't like the results, that rate of fire deletes them quickly. Likewise if a CA is distracted and gets within 10km, the AP hits pretty good. 4 cit's in 1 salvo (granted, on an atlanta) is pretty amusing.

The AA is great, if only there were more CV's playing, downside is the detection range is absurd, it's the worst cruiser in the game from a detection aspect, other than pensacola. That's dumb and doesn't make any sense.

1v1, an atago or mogami is going to eat this thing up, simply because they get the first free shot by spotting it 2+ km further away. And they just hit harder.

Realistic buffs I would make:
detection go from 14.5 to around 12km base.
fire chance go from 12% to 13% (HE shells from long distance don't do shit for damage, lots of 0's)
speed go from 33 to 34.5

Overall: It's a support ship, not a difference maker. I don't care much about stats, I only care about wins, so I'm cool with that. For its tier, I think it needs a little bump to make it more competitive.

Load into a match last night in my Benson, hey a pink name on or team, oh shit it's Matt_the_brat. Still not banned. Warned my team about him but he still managed to put some torps into one of our BBs. Blew himself up again in the process. Reported and blacklisted for all the good that will do.

So since this guy isn't making any money in his matches, here is my theory why he is still not banned: WG is giving him a pass because he is spending real money to fund his little adventures. Has anyone ever seen him not TK?

Not sure if it is bad luck but over the last couple of weeks I've run into two separate TK divisions (one a three ship CV/BB/CL the other two DDs), another single TK'er (CL) and now our pal Matt.

-S

the truth? the reporting system in game is a joke and only exists so you feel better about yourself for reporting some one. no one actually gets banned or suspended through in game reporting..

the truth? the reporting system in game is a joke and only exists so you feel better about yourself for reporting some one. no one actually gets banned or suspended through in game reporting..

This. It's pretty much BS the way that WG treats serial TKers. ANY other company would have a pretty strict way of dealing with this.

Ding ding ding.

They've talked of a Karma system attached to it with rewards for achieving/maintaining a particular level but that suffers from the same manipulation as anything else. I think part of the reason it was implemented in the first place was just to reduce the amount of threads and tickets that they received, haha.

So I did purchase the Furutaka and the Colorado again. Furutaka has been...interesting thus far. The AP pen seems to be horribly inconsistent with a shining example of that being an 7800 AP salvo at 9km against a New York and then a 5 bounces and an overpen against a Karlsruhe at 4km. I'll try it some more today.

As far as the Colorado is concerned, here's my first match since the last buff:
hzjcxnN.jpg

HLeWCZ6.jpg

M1WGm1H.jpg

38.5% accuracy, woot! Second match was like 70k damage, nothing too special. But wow, this is an entirely different ship from what I remember.

Ding ding ding.

They've talked of a Karma system attached to it with rewards for achieving/maintaining a particular level but that suffers from the same manipulation as anything else. I think part of the reason it was implemented in the first place was just to reduce the amount of threads and tickets that they received, haha.

So I did purchase the Furutaka and the Colorado again. Furutaka has been...interesting thus far. The AP pen seems to be horribly inconsistent with a shining example of that being an 7800 AP salvo at 9km against a New York and then a 5 bounces and an overpen against a Karlsruhe at 4km. I'll try it some more today.

As far as the Colorado is concerned, here's my first match since the last buff:
hzjcxnN.jpg

HLeWCZ6.jpg

M1WGm1H.jpg

38.5% accuracy, woot! Second match was like 70k damage, nothing too special. But wow, this is an entirely different ship from what I remember.

I have been getting hit pretty hard by Colorados on the Nagato... even front / rear shots I'm taking 4-6k damage, where if I nail them in the front or rear, I usually bounce.

I just wish you could do it in-game so it's in effect after that game. That's where you find out who the dicks are, but by the time I get back to port I forget their name LOL

Somehow, I just had a person on my dam Blacklist be in a game with me. Would be nice, just for once, that this game would work as intended.

If black listing worked I'd black list all the good players in ranked. Then I'd only play against drooling idiots and I could carry my team to victory.

Chibe was he on your team or the opposing?

Is there a good tutorial for this game? Leading ships by the right amount to hit them isn't easy and would like to get a bit better.

I had a couple friends who got me into the game but they don't really play much anymore. Wanted to do the missions for the special ships but its hard to get any kills at all in a PUG game.

If black listing worked I'd black list all the good players in ranked. Then I'd only play against drooling idiots and I could carry my team to victory.

Chibe was he on your team or the opposing?

He was on my team. Don't want to team with that team killing, cap locking, POS. And in case anyone is wondering, his name is FRACK4oil.

Back