World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Is there a good tutorial for this game? Leading ships by the right amount to hit them isn't easy and would like to get a bit better.

I had a couple friends who got me into the game but they don't really play much anymore. Wanted to do the missions for the special ships but its hard to get any kills at all in a PUG game.

Watch business6 videos!

You'll figure out leading. If a ship is broadside (the best to shoot at) you figure out it's xx ticks at yy range.

In a new ship I'll fire one turret, see how many ticks behind or infront it falls then adjust and fire the rest. I also use the minimap, if a ship is moving towards or away from you, you may have to adjust vertically a tick or two. Vertical adjustments aren't nearly as large as horizontal.

If you want post your username and most of us play together.

Ding ding ding.

They've talked of a Karma system attached to it with rewards for achieving/maintaining a particular level but that suffers from the same manipulation as anything else. I think part of the reason it was implemented in the first place was just to reduce the amount of threads and tickets that they received, haha.

So I did purchase the Furutaka and the Colorado again. Furutaka has been...interesting thus far. The AP pen seems to be horribly inconsistent with a shining example of that being an 7800 AP salvo at 9km against a New York and then a 5 bounces and an overpen against a Karlsruhe at 4km. I'll try it some more today.

As far as the Colorado is concerned, here's my first match since the last buff:
hzjcxnN.jpg

HLeWCZ6.jpg

M1WGm1H.jpg

38.5% accuracy, woot! Second match was like 70k damage, nothing too special. But wow, this is an entirely different ship from what I remember.

yeah the AP is very inconsistent on the furutaka. i haven't had much luck penning battleships really.. but the rounds seem really sensitive to angled armor. even a ship at a 5 degree angle the rounds bounce. i'm guessing it has something to do with the low velocity of the round? i dunno.

Was messing around in the fuso today. Had a few badass games, including one match where I was about 10 secs before I burned to death and I shoot a hail mary salvo at an Aoba and one shot it. The last game I had in it today, I ALMOST did 200k damage it in. Hot dam, thats alot of damage at tier 6.

IuMOjH8.jpg

wL6D5uV.jpg

Ijchyf3.jpg

Colorado = best USN BB that isn't named Iowa. No joke, this thing hits like a truck. Or better yet---a battleship!

And nice job, Chibe. You post some ridiculous games man, lol.

Colorado = best USN BB that isn't named Iowa. No joke, this thing hits like a truck. Or better yet---a battleship!

Yeah Colorado is #2 for dmg for me (behind the Iowa) and #4 for exp. I used to slaughter in it. Actually did fairly better in the CO than the NC.

At the end of the day I like my DDs.

No shit man. That match, I had that fuso shoot NOTHING but HE at me the whole game. Even after I was going full boardside to him and giving him 14k salvos.

Yeah Colorado is #2 for dmg for me (behind the Iowa) and #4 for exp. I used to slaughter in it. Actually did fairly better in the CO than the NC.

At the end of the day I like my DDs.

I'll be playing it a lot more, that's for sure.

No shit man. That match, I had that fuso shoot NOTHING but HE at me the whole game. Even after I was going full boardside to him and giving him 14k salvos.

So many HE slingers lately because of the dumb myoko mission, lol.

I finally got my 300 fires..now just the damage. Too bad I don't play bb's, that'd be a whole lot quicker. I don't even really want the myoko..but whatever, it's a mission.

Oh and business if you want to make a video on the mikhail kutuzov, I'd let you borrow mine, as I kinda want to see what someone with some skill can do with it.

Oh and business if you want to make a video on the mikhail kutuzov, I'd let you borrow mine, as I kinda want to see what someone with some skill can do with it.

Account sharing? Nah man, nah :p I'm too afraid of the repercussions to do that

Congrats on finishing the Myoko mission!

I finally got my 300 fires..now just the damage. Too bad I don't play bb's, that'd be a whole lot quicker. I don't even really want the myoko..but whatever, it's a mission.

i'm still working on the kongo.. would of finished the first stage of the myoko but some asshat stole the last 3 DD kills i needed while they were at sub 100hp each. (yes he was an asshat because he was holding his fire every time to try and take the kills)

I'll be playing it a lot more, that's for sure.

So many HE slingers lately because of the dumb myoko mission, lol.

lol i was one of those people last time for the crappy T2 german cruiser but i'd usually do 2-3 HE salvo's get a couple fires going then swap to AP.

colorado doesn't seem bad anymore, but i think the biggest issue is people keep trying to use it like it's the new mexico which it isn't.

Last edited:
had a game with matt_the_brat, luckily on the opponents team. He wasn't pink, so maybe he hadn't TK'ed in a while. Took a few minutes, but one of his teammates took him out, not sure if he fired on his guys or not, he didn't sink anyone.

Starting to get the hang of the kutuzov. I still think it needs a detection buff, it's not a game changer, it's a long range harasser (and sometimes it's just an annoyer, landed several HE rounds on a DD at 18km for 0 damage). I've been playing mostly with my murmansk captain (barely 13 pt), but since I'm probably not going to take kiev into ranked, I'm tempted to move that better captain (almost 15 pt) and re-skill him to have AFT and demo expert (instead of last stand). I think fire is my best chance of inflicting damage, unless someone stumbles upon me and lets me AP broadside.

t7JEhA1.jpg

ok i give up, the amount of stupidity in this game has reached the tipping point for me.. time to take another 3 month break, didn't want the ARP ships anyways.. oh and screw the Aoba, that ships a steaming pile of crap compared the furutaka now, never thought i'd ever be able to say that..

you know when you get 3 games in a row on twin brothers and in all 3 games your entire team goes right down the middle and dies to 2 DD's it's time to call it quits.

He was on my team. Don't want to team with that team killing, cap locking, POS. And in case anyone is wondering, his name is FRACK4oil.

That's one of them :)

I also don't need self assigned fleet admirals that constantly critique everyone's play when they are the first one sunk.

I like it. I once hit the citadel of a new york that was charging me.

Through one of its front turrets. 16 inch guns, yo.

Finally got to play some games this week. Looks like 4x4 AA gives me 70-90% GPU usage and everything looks waayyy better. Titan X at 3440x1440.

Also in a game with 5 Miks. They are so fun to citadel.

16 inch guns, yo.

Word!

Finally got to play some games this week. Looks like 4x4 AA gives me 70-90% GPU usage and everything looks waayyy better. Titan X at 3440x1440.

Also in a game with 5 Miks. They are so fun to citadel.

Sigh. The AA settings constantly reset themselves. I don't see why this game has to be so fucking finicky with these settings for me.

Also, put up a new video showing some Ranked matches sent in by users. I don't think I'm going to bother with this season of ranked so I'll pretend I'm doing it vicariously through these replays, haha.

Word!

Sigh. The AA settings constantly reset themselves. I don't see why this game has to be so fucking finicky with these settings for me.

Also, put up a new video showing some Ranked matches sent in by users. I don't think I'm going to bother with this season of ranked so I'll pretend I'm doing it vicariously through these replays, haha.

you mean the FXAA settings?

167k damage and 47 planes. One of my better matches with a carrier. I seem to do alright when I don't suicide it. :) The kicker is even though I took out all the enemy carrier's planes before they torped/bombed, and all this damage it came down to 10 seconds left and me DBing a Colorado with 1k HP, won by about 10 points.

I also had a 199k dmg / 3k exp game with the Iowa, but since Chibe does that in the Fuso... doesn't seem so special.

shot-16.01.14_14.21.16-0906_zpshq2msaxt.jpg

shot-16.01.14_14.21.18-0044_zpstkwp6mvh.jpg

shot-16.01.14_14.21.21-0154_zpskqqhwc37.jpg

167k damage and 47 planes. One of my better matches with a carrier. I seem to do alright when I don't suicide it. :) The kicker is even though I took out all the enemy carrier's planes before they torped/bombed, and all this damage it came down to 10 seconds left and me DBing a Colorado with 1k HP, won by about 10 points.

I also had a 199k dmg / 3k exp game with the Iowa, but since Chibe does that in the Fuso... doesn't seem so special.

shot-16.01.14_14.21.16-0906_zpshq2msaxt.jpg

shot-16.01.14_14.21.18-0044_zpstkwp6mvh.jpg

shot-16.01.14_14.21.21-0154_zpskqqhwc37.jpg

the FUSO is a beast. ever since the AP fix, my damage on the iowa is 150s on the high end, and 70-90k average. My FUSO, is about 90-110 average, and also 150 on the high end. it has such accurate guns compared to the rest of the BBs I have played.

(before the AP Fix, my damage on the Iowa was 190-220 on the high end, and 100-140 on average) Now the Iowa, and Montana, are overpenning, A LOT.

No, MSAA and SGSSAA through nvidia inspector, not the game's FXAA. It keeps resetting.

That sucks. I think I avoid a lot of issues with my computer because I only reboot once every three months. It never sleeps or hibernates.

ok i give up, the amount of stupidity in this game has reached the tipping point for me.. time to take another 3 month break, didn't want the ARP ships anyways.. oh and screw the Aoba, that ships a steaming pile of crap compared the furutaka now, never thought i'd ever be able to say that..

you know when you get 3 games in a row on twin brothers and in all 3 games your entire team goes right down the middle and dies to 2 DD's it's time to call it quits.

I wasnt a huge fan of the Aoba....I struggled through the grind..
Then, on my last match, I rolled a kraken and 145k damage and 16,000xp

I am SO done with ranked. I am absolutely convinced the MM is setting you up for 50/50 win ratio and there isn't a GD thing you can do about it.

I don't think it's looking at just ships either. I think it's looking at captain skills assigned to those ships, and the past history of the players driving the ships. It's not just arms against arms. They are striving, too hard, for 50/50 matchmaking. I can just smell it.

Fuck it. I'm done.

I am SO done with ranked. I am absolutely convinced the MM is setting you up for 50/50 win ratio and there isn't a GD thing you can do about it.

I don't think it's looking at just ships either. I think it's looking at captain skills assigned to those ships, and the past history of the players driving the ships. It's not just arms against arms. They are striving, too hard, for 50/50 matchmaking. I can just smell it.

Fuck it. I'm done.

Im taking a few days off myself. I have been carrying my team every match for a week. I only have a ~60% winrate in ranked this season but Im being paired with team members who have 30% or less.

Im taking a few days off myself. I have been carrying my team every match for a week. I only have a ~60% winrate in ranked this season but Im being paired with team members who have 30% or less.

Holy shit

Watch business6 videos!

You'll figure out leading. If a ship is broadside (the best to shoot at) you figure out it's xx ticks at yy range.

In a new ship I'll fire one turret, see how many ticks behind or infront it falls then adjust and fire the rest. I also use the minimap, if a ship is moving towards or away from you, you may have to adjust vertically a tick or two. Vertical adjustments aren't nearly as large as horizontal.

If you want post your username and most of us play together.

Thanks will watch some business6 videos. Good tip on firing one turret at a time.

Username in WOT is DarthKirika. Have a mic and vent/teamspeak. Is there a list of Hardforum players usernames somewhere?

Tried playing solo some trying for the Aggreppio of Blue Steel missions and it is just frustrating trying to get kills. 30 cruisers seems hard enough but 30 destroyers how do you even hit them and there are not very many of them? I try to follow the herd and fire on what other people are shooting at but sometimes everyone just splits up. Been playing Battleships and Carriers lately since tend to live longer to actually do damage but battleships have such a long reload time if you miss maybe should play cruisers more.

I am seeing some of the screenshots here and some of you are having some amazing games. I want to be that good some day.

Was pretty active in World of Tanks and joined a clan and had several tier 10s and did clan wars it was pretty fun for awhile then clan wars felt like work and we all quit.

Integrated voice coms would be nice but I think MWO had that and lots of people just turned it off.

Last edited:
Ok, after looking at specs and watching some video's, I know what my next ship is gonna be.

The IJN Kagero.

20k Torps, invisible, fast, whats not to like?

Got a hell of a grind on my Fubuki to get there though :)

THIS is exactly why I want integrated voice comms....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsdnGDXkVmc

No thanks. I'll turn voip off immediately.

Don't need voip or annoying ass voices to get teamwork.

Tried playing solo some trying for the Aggreppio of Blue Steel missions and it is just frustrating trying to get kills. 30 cruisers seems hard enough but 30 destroyers how do you even hit them and there are not very many of them? I try to follow the herd and fire on what other people are shooting at but sometimes everyone just splits up. Been playing Battleships and Carriers lately since tend to live longer to actually do damage but battleships have such a long reload time if you miss maybe should play cruisers more.

The Cleveland is the best way to finish those missions and you'll double dip into the Kongo and Myoko missions at the same time while using it. In all reality you'll finish the missions just by virtue of playing the game. There's still 6 weeks to complete them so just play normally and you'll finish them eventually.

No thanks. I'll turn voip off immediately.

Don't need voip or annoying ass voices to get teamwork.

The Cleveland is the best way to finish those missions and you'll double dip into the Kongo and Myoko missions at the same time while using it. In all reality you'll finish the missions just by virtue of playing the game. There's still 6 weeks to complete them so just play normally and you'll finish them eventually.

Thats why they give you an off switch. Everyone can be happy.

Dayaks is Dayaks
Business6 is business6

Then it goes downhill
Chibe is Chibster
Digital viper is bananax
Dave99 is iadave (if I recall correctly)
Techlarry is steel_castles

That's all I can remember. I usually play mid day EST on days I am working from home. I love "seal clubbing" so if you see me in feel free to contact me.

Yeah, until you get shitbags that think the only way to have teamwork is to yell at each other over microphones and they end up teamkilling you.

:eek:

Good thing we're all allowed an opinion :)

Last edited:

Fuck it. I'm done.

Hell the times I play at, at rank 9 it takes 30 minutes to never to get into a ranked battle. That alone might stop me from playing ranked.

On a unrelated note, not that I do that bad with the Hipper but it seems like I lose every match with that thing. Can't wait to get out of it... It's a grind to the roon. Makes me think along the lines of Larry though. Sometimes I feel like I get on MM wrong side.

I went ahead and played ONE ranked today, and it was enough. It was a Tier 9/10 ranked, and we had THREE CLEVELANDS on our side! They had Mogami's and other T7/8 cruisers.

They had Two Shimi's and a Benson. We had a Benson and a Fubuki. Yes, even mismatched it gave them an extra destroyer.

It was a fucking slaughter. It lasted all of 9 minutes I think.

Back