World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Is it just me, or do you guys also feel like you need a long, hot shower and decontamination after downloading the latest Aslains Mod package? That download site is a fucking Virus just waiting to happen.

what I hate about these mod packs is even if you select 1 think to add it dumps a TON of files all over the game directory for no reason at all.

use that, Import the wows.nip with profileinspector and apply it.

That is for 4x SGSSAA while allowing the game to dictate how much MSAA to apply.

Attachments

• Wows.rar
    425 bytes · Views: 23
Last edited:
My DSR settings. I just cranked it all up.

upload_2017-3-17_23-47-42.png

I saw no loss in frame rates.

It works by then setting your in game resolution higher after enabling it. One problem with WoWs is that the GUI doesn't scale so some things may get hard to see depending on your monitor, ect.

It looks identical to me

Did you go in game, and raise the resolution?

Oh.

Ooooohhhhhhh...... ok

Bad JuJu LOL

It didn't like 7820 X whatever :)

My Native Resolution is 3840 X 1600.

I tried 1.5 @ 4730 X 1960

and

2.0 @ 5431 X 2263

Both actually worked fine. Text was getting too small @ 2.0 though.

Frame rates were NO issue. Still locked in at 75.

Overall, it still plays best at native resolution IMHO.

i'd love to see this in a 3 screen setup.

Oh.

Ooooohhhhhhh...... ok

Bad JuJu LOL

It didn't like 7820 X whatever :)

My Native Resolution is 3840 X 1600.

I tried 1.5 @ 4730 X 1960

and

2.0 @ 5431 X 2263

Both actually worked fine. Text was getting too small @ 2.0 though.

Frame rates were NO issue. Still locked in at 75.

Overall, it still plays best at native resolution IMHO.

i'd love to see this in a 3 screen setup.

IMO, instead of DSR, up the SGSSAA, it looks really good, and you can still read stuff. you're res is nearly 4k anyway :)

Yeah, until we can scale the GUI in WoWs DSR is rough to use. It's fantastic for most other games though.

Gratz man, now you can join Dayaks and me in being ranked out this season.

Zjjrda5.jpg

X6M9MjN.jpg

M6itG61.jpg
I almost felt sorry for the gearing and grozovoi. Almost.
Also did better than the montana that got high cal, confed, kraken and close quarters.

T9 game in the Atlanta, 2804 base exp, kraken, blah blah. The Missouri and I really carried the team. It was a fun match. 40k dmg just to DDs.

Nice credits (686k) & 33k capt exp.

shot-17.03.19_10.11.35-0758.jpg
shot-17.03.19_10.11.36-0074.jpg
shot-17.03.19_10.11.38-0018.jpg
shot-17.03.19_10.11.51-0318.jpg

use that, Import the wows.nip with profileinspector and apply it.

That is for 4x SGSSAA while allowing the game to dictate how much MSAA to apply.

Ah perfect. Thanks for the file. 8xMSAA and 4xSGSSA might be a bit much (92% GPU util in port) but yeah, looks sexy!

I might drop down to 4x and 4x.

Last edited:
Reactions: chibe
like this
T9 game in the Atlanta, 2804 base exp, kraken, blah blah. The Missouri and I really carried the team. It was a fun match. 40k dmg just to DDs.

Nice credits (686k) & 33k capt exp.

Ah perfect. Thanks for the file. 8xMSAA and 4xSGSSA might be a bit much (92% GPU util in port) but yeah, looks sexy!

I might drop down to 4x and 4x.

What GPU are you running on? What resolution as well?

yeah the Atlanta is a monster with IFHE, the damage numbers you can pull out of it now vs before per shell are much better.

I still run regular demo and not IFHE on my atlanta, I like running manual AA instead. I tried the IFHE and just didn't like the damage over time + the much reduced fires. Seems like BB's got saturated pretty quickly.

Well, I made it to 10.x this weekend, but then the MM started to molest me again, so I gave up for the weekend.

Last edited:
What are you using for ranked :)?
If you do use the belfast, positioning is critical! you're running out of time Larry! get moving.

Yes, belfast. It's not that I don't do well. I DO. I just can't seem to get on winning teams.

I swear if you have a really good streak going, MM see's it and kicks you in the nuts for a while.

What GPU are you running on? What resolution as well?

yeah the Atlanta is a monster with IFHE, the damage numbers you can pull out of it now vs before per shell are much better.

1080 and 3440x1440. Ended up with 4x and 4x. Seems to be around 70-85% until which is where I like to run it. I like 60Hz locked with no drops. I am hoping my rig lasts 5 years + and then I'll revamp the whole thing.

I still run regular demo and not IFHE on my atlanta, I like running manual AA instead. I tried the IFHE and just didn't like the damage over time + the much reduced fires. Seems like BB's got saturated pretty quickly.

I am the same way. Even ranked I chose fires with the Belfast. Helps with detection too. IFHE helps on such a small amount of ships... I usually have something else I want to use 4 pts on.

For the Atlanta specifically I run it when my div mates use carriers so it does have CE/AFT/BFT/AR/Manual AA.

This is my own opinion, but in fast firing ships like the Neptune/mino or Atlanta I fire full salvos. I think individual turrets brings unneeded attention to squishy ships. They also seem to sail broadside longer. Most people in this game seem to have the memory of gold fish.

I don't run concealment on atlanta, I like to live dangerously. And I don't do salvos, I just hold down the button, I like bringing the pain-bow and walk fire back and forth on the ship. They know where I am, it's just a matter of them deciding if they can actually hit me back vs wasting a salvo.

I spotted a wild Business6 today in an Alabama. I wish I snapped a picture.

When questioned if he was back or not. He responded with:
"NDA
N.
D.
A."

This created further questions among the natives.

Excerpts from the latest Pts notes,

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt063/

We're disabling the "Alt"-attack feature for tier IV and V carriers -- this change should bring better balance to carriers at lower tiers, where most warships have weaker or non-existent AA defenses

Balance Corrections

We've read your feedback carefully and concluded that "stealth firing" -- shooting when you're invisible/not spotted on open water -- causes more pain than profit. In Update 0.6.3, we’re making a ship's detectability after firing a main gun shell equal to that ship's maximum firing range the moment it fires. This change should eliminate situations in which ships with minor detectability range could fire while remaining invisible to the enemies. This change will apply to firing over open water only -- it won't apply firing from behind obstacles like terrain and smoke screens.

0.6.3 will bring enhancements to more than 40 warships. Generally, these gameplay changes will focus on lower and mid-tier ships, though ships like Z-52, Yūgumo, Shimakaze and Grozovoi will also receive performance improvements.

I love it when you have totally clear range out to your target, you fire, and right after you fire your dumbass DD partner does a 180 right into their path. For 15 sec you yell on chat not to do that, turn back around, but noooooo. Little fucking dipstick runs RIGHT into them and it's Allllll your fault.

I feel like shooting them on purpose the next game I see them in :)

Max AA neptune.. so fking mean. lol.

1100 dps.. that is not broken at all.

Neptune might be my favorite ship in the game. Yeah the 260 dps at 8.6km then 360 at 7.2km.. A Taiho sent a squadron at me they didn't even make it to the 5.1km AA lol.

Well, I played around in the test for a bit. I am not impressed. Those changes are gonna go over like rat shit in the popcorn bin.

And for old times sake, I took out the Minekaze.

My heart goes sad to see what they have done to that once wonderful ship. It has literally been nerfed into oblivion.

I spent an ENTIRE game trying to sink ONE slow ass battleship, and it had no problems out maneuvering me. It was pathetic. I could fire at 4k range and with the newly nerfed torpedo's I never even came close.

And then I did, finally. I basically shot where I thought he would steer and I finally planted 4 broad side into him. And he didn't sink. In fact he still had so much life left he survived to take me out in the end when it was me against 5.

This game was a lot more fun when it was release. They should just roll the fucker back to day one, and start over again.

Well, I played around in the test for a bit. I am not impressed. Those changes are gonna go over like rat shit in the popcorn bin.

And for old times sake, I took out the Minekaze.

My heart goes sad to see what they have done to that once wonderful ship. It has literally been nerfed into oblivion.

I spent an ENTIRE game trying to sink ONE slow ass battleship, and it had no problems out maneuvering me. It was pathetic. I could fire at 4k range and with the newly nerfed torpedo's I never even came close.

And then I did, finally. I basically shot where I thought he would steer and I finally planted 4 broad side into him. And he didn't sink. In fact he still had so much life left he survived to take me out in the end when it was me against 5.

This game was a lot more fun when it was release. They should just roll the fucker back to day one, and start over again.

Imo they balanced it , the kamikaze still has the minekaze specs before nerf

Damn that Okhotnik is a fun ship. 7 main guns that rotate 360, 4x triple launchers with good torps.

Neptune might be my favorite ship in the game. Yeah the 260 dps at 8.6km then 360 at 7.2km.. A Taiho sent a squadron at me they didn't even make it to the 5.1km AA lol.

yeah i love the neptune, i run full AA build + concealment.. shits on haku planes and has a better armor layout than the mino so you can actually face BB's bow on under 10km and survive long enough to torp them, lol. mino has the same armor layout as the edin which is why it gets shipoopied on by BB's.

Should I bother ?

Just to follow up on this, I got tired of waiting for AMD's slow ass so I bought a 1080ti. It sinks up at 75hz just fine, so it made no sense to wait for AMD's freesync card. It recognizes my 38" UW Acer as 75hz capable and automatically sets it as such.

Glad I didn't continue to wait !

Back