World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Just to follow up on this, I got tired of waiting for AMD's slow ass so I bought a 1080ti. It sinks up at 75hz just fine, so it made no sense to wait for AMD's freesync card. It recognizes my 38" UW Acer as 75hz capable and automatically sets it as such.

Glad I didn't continue to wait !
Glad it worked out ;)

I had a Kuma invisifiring me today and also a bug where I couldn't zoom in with my guns....

Anyone having issues with their screen going black?

It's coming from the game. It's not a monitor/card issue.

Seems to happen during certain explosion routines.

Attention! Attention!

Invisi-Fire is NOT, I repeat NOT disabled in 0.6.3.

I've been getting my ass shot off by Invisi-Fire all night long.

That is all.

<<crickets>>

No comments on 0.6.3 yet?

Well, a quick play yesterday, though I wasn't feeling very good, I'm happy with the rewards increase for carriers, I actually made money, and scored 3rd on the team, I took out a shim and fletcher from full health, and did about 50k to other ships. So overall I think the reward system for the essex at least has been improved considerably, I didn't accidently pilot the carrier into a cap :) So the new fixes to the interface worked as well.

The Z52 detection change = awesome, now you get spotted only .2 km out of your hydro range, so within .2km you can spot any dd back.

smoke timer is a nice change, though some people are complaining it's too small / hard to see, I don't necessarily agree, I had no problem seeing it. Then again, I'm used to playing on an UW monitor, so I'm always looking around to see different things.

Well, a quick play yesterday, though I wasn't feeling very good, I'm happy with the rewards increase for carriers, I actually made money, and scored 3rd on the team, I took out a shim and fletcher from full health, and did about 50k to other ships. So overall I think the reward system for the essex at least has been improved considerably, I didn't accidently pilot the carrier into a cap :) So the new fixes to the interface worked as well.

The Z52 detection change = awesome, now you get spotted only .2 km out of your hydro range, so within .2km you can spot any dd back.

smoke timer is a nice change, though some people are complaining it's too small / hard to see, I don't necessarily agree, I had no problem seeing it. Then again, I'm used to playing on an UW monitor, so I'm always looking around to see different things.

The smoke timer in Aslains is WAY better. I suspect it may be removed now that WoWs has it's own though.

Updated Aslains is available. As always, put you your rubbers before you go download it. Sad how such a great project is distributed from such a dreadful download service :(

Aslains still has it's smoke timer in it, and it's way better than WG's.

IMHO :)

I don't think 0.6.3 has done this game any favors. And some guys have figured out how to still invisifire.

I've also been utterly murdered by entire fleets being invisible for what seems forever then all of a sudden they all spawn around you and you are fucked. Happened to me twice at land of ice.

Also have intermittent video blackouts that last 3-5 second. Seems to happen when a skill key is hit most of the time. Smoke, radar, etc.

Does not happen in any other game or program.

And what the fuck is up with all these horribly weak ass new ships ?

Last edited:
I don't think 0.6.3 has done this game any favors. And some guys have figured out how to still invisifire.

I've also been utterly murdered by entire fleets being invisible for what seems forever then all of a sudden they all spawn around you and you are fucked. Happened to me twice at land of ice.

Also have intermittent video blackouts that last 3-5 second. Seems to happen when a skill key is hit most of the time. Smoke, radar, etc.

Does not happen in any other game or program.

And what the fuck is up with all these horribly weak ass new ships ?
Try a fresh install. I have not seen any of those issues

I love the Alabama... you definitely want fire prevention on it though. Jesus that thing gets lit up even with FP.

That mobility is something to embrace with love, especially when you use the rudder shift module. The guns have fucking garbage dispersion, though: they look exactly like the pre-buff NC.

Terrible way to start the day.

j4qmArC.jpg

OhijQhd.jpg

SoNOlGq.jpg

The ONLY reason why this game didn't become a 6 min game is because of me. Fuck this team. Also want to point that the kiev and the shim did a suicide torp run on me. The kiev died, the shim didn't.

What do you like about it, vs the NC?

I haven't played the NC in a long time but the 50% torp reduction sold me. Like business said it has good mobility.

So with the rudder shift, torp reduction, fire prevention, and lowered citadels it can be a bastard to kill. It's very viable for solo play... which I do a lot.

So, go Bama ?

Those french ships are sure gaining friends (not) LOL :)

Which fire prevention are you speaking of ?

The 4 point skill. -10% to fires and max three. You really want that... it makes it super fun to push caps as it's really tough to do dmg to the Bama.

Last edited:
The 4 point skill. -10% to fires and max three. You really want that... it makes it super fun to push caps as it's really tough to do dmg to the Bama.

Ok, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure :)

Ok, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure :)

Yeah right now I run something weird like AR/SI/AFT/CE/FP.

CE lets me run up with the DDs and support caps in the beginning so it lets me be much more aggressive which is the type of play I prefer.

It's quite hilarious, just being on the edge of a cap usually scares away a bunch of ships and the enemy team ends up 15km away on the two line. With FP nothing can kill you fast so all you hear is chink chink as shells bounce off...

I like it over the Bismark as it can still take a beating and the guns put holes in things.

So.... Who's gonna get the "Duke of Guns" when she comes out?

I'm excited. She sounds like she was built exactly for the way I like to play.

Holy crap the Mogami is back in a BIG way !!!

Damn, between the Duke of Guns and the Mogami, I'm about to have a wargasm LOL.

Holy crap the Mogami is back in a BIG way !!!

Damn, between the Duke of Guns and the Mogami, I'm about to have a wargasm LOL.

Was the Mogami buffed? I thought it was strong right now... 16 butt torpedoes ftw.

Was the Mogami buffed? I thought it was strong right now... 16 butt torpedoes ftw.

Oh, yeah, in 6.4 apparantly. Notser has a nice video on it and it was enough for me to re-buy it. It's almost as strong as it was way back before the infamous big gun nerf of 2016. You know, the one where everything over 130mm lost all the skills. Mogami was the Terror of Ranked back then.

It's baaaack :)

Now I won't feel so bad selling the Khab again. Every time I buy that fucking ship they nerf the hell out of it. I don't need a DD with a Battleship Rudder.

Anyone other than me having update problems?

even uninstalled game to force a full reload, it just hangs at 'updating launcher'

Back