World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Oh, yeah, in 6.4 apparantly. Notser has a nice video on it and it was enough for me to re-buy it. It's almost as strong as it was way back before the infamous big gun nerf of 2016. You know, the one where everything over 130mm lost all the skills. Mogami was the Terror of Ranked back then.

It's baaaack :)

Now I won't feel so bad selling the Khab again. Every time I buy that fucking ship they nerf the hell out of it. I don't need a DD with a Battleship Rudder.

How was it buffed?

Turret rotation stock is going from 54.1 to 36 seconds. But it won't have the range that it use to have :(

with turrets that can keep up now, it can be a dd killer again, with that concealment and 15 shells every 10 seconds (or whatever the reload is).

with turrets that can keep up now, it can be a dd killer again, with that concealment and 15 shells every 10 seconds (or whatever the reload is).

Not to mention it can put it's entire blob of bullets down a smokestack :)

Don't forget to check/clean out your inventory every now and then.

I just cleared out all my old A and B hulls and old gun's and fire control and picked up a cool 10 million for crap just lying there that will never be used again!

Don't forget to check/clean out your inventory every now and then.

I just cleared out all my old A and B hulls and old gun's and fire control and picked up a cool 10 million for crap just lying there that will never be used again!

I accidentally sold off my shokaku Hull upgrades ;(

I'll take a night like this any time...

upload_2017-4-10_0-12-49.png

yeah it's 10s, i still wish they'd just put the damn ship in T7 where it belongs and give the myoko it's range back and put it at T8.

Assuming the buff is in the 0.6.4 PT, I have to say the turrets are still very painful in the Mogami. They are worse than the Warspite it feels like LOL

Well, the Hood's 180 turret transerve is at 60 secs (from the last stat check I did) and the Warspite is at 72 secs. So the Hood's turret isn't really that bad, but the downside is the sigma is at 1.8. So the biggest thing the Hood has going for it is it's speed and defensive fire.

So, if you want something that feels the same and don't to play the Yammie, the Kongo's turret rotation is at 54.5 secs for 180 degrees and the New Mexico, New York, Kaiser, and the Konig is at 60 secs, so it is playable, unlike the unlubed Warspite's turrets.

Last edited:
Well, the Hood's 180 turret transerve is at 60 secs (from the last stat check I did) and the Warspite is at 72 secs. So the Hood's turret isn't really that bad, but the downside is the sigma is at 1.8. So the biggest thing the Hood has going for it is it's speed and defensive fire.

So, if you want something that feels the same and don't to play the Yammie, the Kongo's turret rotation is at 54.5 secs for 180 degrees and the New Mexico, New York, Kaiser, and the Konig is at 60 secs, so it is playable, unlike the unlubed Warspite's turrets.

I believe they used the friction from the turrets turning to heat the water in the boilers.

I believe they used the friction from the turrets turning to heat the water in the boilers.

Well they had to make them slow because it had the big guns at tier 6... oh wait we have the Mutsu that has 16"... and a faster reload than the Nagato. Nevermind, it all makes sense in wargaming land.

Living with slow turrets means never having to use your turn signals :)

I plan a path that requires the fewest about-face maneuvers as possible. I usually prefer a left to right or vice versa push when in BB's.

Works for me.

Well they had to make them slow because it had the big guns at tier 6... oh wait we have the Mutsu that has 16"... and a faster reload than the Nagato. Nevermind, it all makes sense in wargaming land.

you can't compare one to the other just off a single stat, you have to look at range, fire angle, normalization of the shells, accuracy, pen value, shell velocity. typically when one thing is overly nerfed compared to the others the rest of the stats are significantly better than all the other ships when it comes to battleships. but i haven't played WoWS in over a month so i'm not really following any of the new ships since none of them interest me.

you can't compare one to the other just off a single stat, you have to look at range, fire angle, normalization of the shells, accuracy, pen value, shell velocity. typically when one thing is overly nerfed compared to the others the rest of the stats are significantly better than all the other ships when it comes to battleships. but i haven't played WoWS in over a month so i'm not really following any of the new ships since none of them interest me.

Yeah, the Mutsu is better in literally every way, except it can't heal citadels. Hell, it even has torps that reload in like 22 seconds. They're doing the same thing in World of Tanks, releasing overpowered premiums in rapid succession trying to make some money since the playerbase is slipping.

This is what happens when you have a fucking clan tag and are not in a "click". Clan tags have been nothing but a pain in the ass.
SOSK1Nt.jpg

Yeah, the Mutsu is better in literally every way, except it can't heal citadels. Hell, it even has torps that reload in like 22 seconds. They're doing the same thing in World of Tanks, releasing overpowered premiums in rapid succession trying to make some money since the playerbase is slipping.

What "Mutsu" are we talking about. The Mutsuki ?

What "Mutsu" are we talking about. The Mutsuki ?

Theres only one Mutsu.... its a tier 6 BB? Basically a Nagato at tier 6? The only thing lacking is pen, which has zero bearing on how it performs since any of the high pen BB's you just overpen for days instead of doing actual damage. Oh, and its AA is atrocious which doesn't really matter to me as nothing at tier 6 can really deal with planes well, especially higher tier ones.

This is what happens when you have a fucking clan tag and are not in a "click". Clan tags have been nothing but a pain in the ass.

I don't have a clan tag, I've one won game this week out of 28. The players on the NA server are literally the dumbest people on the planet. Every game its 8-10 ships turning to run to the red line as fast as they can and wondering why the enemy caps all 3 when nobody is even within spotting range of the caps. So goddamn stupid its actually painful.

A 93,000 damage salvo on a Montana might make you feel better, knowing that a terrible player gets what he deserves:

A 93,000 damage salvo on a Montana might make you feel better, knowing that a terrible player gets what he deserves

Nothing will make me feel better after watching my team lose a 5 on 1. And the 1 was a 112hp New Orleans. The enemy actually pointed out because none of my team (besides me and my division mate who were 400+ xp above the rest and also the first ones dead) would even venture out from the map border for any reason.

Nothing will make me feel better after watching my team lose a 5 on 1. And the 1 was a 112hp New Orleans. The enemy actually pointed out because none of my team (besides me and my division mate who were 400+ xp above the rest and also the first ones dead) would even venture out from the map border for any reason.

I hear you. Lost my first four matches today because people just refuse to get involved.

I hear you. Lost my first four matches today because people just refuse to get involved.

Since alpha I have been saying that they just need to get rid of the damn citadels. Or make it super rare, like maybe double the chance of getting detonated. The low tier battleships are a great example of how much fucking fun the game could be, those things are a blast to play, drive by each other shooting like crazy and it still takes 5 minutes to die.

They keep adding more dispersion and RNG, Christ just remove the insta-nuke and tone down the overpens and the game would be so much more fun.

In pubbie land, BB's don't move because nothing counters muh torpeedus. Well, cruisers aren't going to do anything to get themselves exposed when they'll be insta-gibbed by some redline camper from 20km away.

How the hell does that even happen ?

How the hell does that even happen ?

I would guess he means the new orleans ran and his team couldn't find it, and didn't get caps in time. I've had a few solo warriors, all played out pretty much the same. Teams way down on cap points, and too far out of the action, I just ran away to the corner and waited out the clock.

Questions...

1. What is a Clan
2. How do you join one
3. Is it worth it ?

Clans are just groups of players. You either start one, or join an existing one by invitation. Right now they don't mean anything, eventually (not anytime soon I'm guessing though), there will be clan wars, probably like team battles.

I would guess he means the new orleans ran and his team couldn't find it, and didn't get caps in time. I've had a few solo warriors, all played out pretty much the same. Teams way down on cap points, and too far out of the action, I just ran away to the corner and waited out the clock.

No, they could have found it just fine. They were content to sit on the red line and let it tick down. 600 points to 1000 takes a long time.

Another great day, 9 battles, 9 horrific losses. I would have uninstalled ages ago if there was no co-op.

Back