Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

Ya all want to know what's weird? I un-installed the Windows feedback program a few days after the whole program started. Forgot why, but I kept getting e-mails giving me information regarding the status of my participation and today I got my Office Ultimate '07 in the mail. Pretty cool. (so-cal btw)

I think the big news would be when someone receives one of the other software selections at this point.

I got an e-mail the other day that said that my copy of Vista Ultimate had shipped...so it's on its way - by May 2 I believe.

I got an e-mail the other day that said that my copy of Vista Ultimate had shipped...so it's on its way - by May 2 I believe.

Same here, Ill probably just sell the dern thing ;)

I heard that you get the 32+64 bit versions along with two separate keys, KILLER!

Same here, Ill probably just sell the dern thing ;)

Please remember the EULA that was stated during registration... NOT FOR RESALE.

To those intending to violate that agreement to make a quick buck...

DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!!

M$ isn't obligated to offer these programs, and I for one am thankful when these deals come up. Be considerate to others before you go and blatantly abuse the system.

Please remember the EULA that was stated during registration... NOT FOR RESALE.

To those intending to violate that agreement to make a quick buck...

DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!!

M$ isn't obligated to offer these programs, and I for one am thankful when these deals come up. Be considerate to others before you go and blatantly abuse the system.

nothing stopping a trade tho ;)

For those that got their copies, are the rumors true, 2 keys for each version?

Very true... I don't believe that trade swapping was ever mentioned in the EULA... :p

As for two COA's... c'mon this IS M$ we're talking about. I can't imagine they'd give two working copies. My guess is two discs and one COA. I won't complain if I'm wrong! ;)

BTW... I enrolled for the Office gift on my machine, and the Vista gift on my wife's machine.

Both emails were received the same day, both stated May 2nd. Got the Office shipment last night. I expect Vista will arrive by tomorrow.

:D

There is something that stops the prevention of resale. It's called the First Sale Doctrine.

technically it wasn't "sold" to us. it was given as a "gift" for allowing MS to monitor our computer usage for a while. frankly, i think we'd be able to sell it as it wasn't sold to us in the first place. but i'm prolly wrong....

since its an OEM license (not exactly sure on that though...could be Retail keys but "Not for Resale" like the PowerTogether Vista licenses were), you'd need to include some hardware with the sale.

BTW... I enrolled for the Office gift on my machine, and the Vista gift on my wife's machine.

Both emails were received the same day, both stated May 2nd. Got the Office shipment last night. I expect Vista will arrive by tomorrow.

:D

did the same thing. i'm waiting for vista...then i'll have a little selection of software for my next comp. my ETQW disc is screaming at me to be played. not to mention my steam account. :p

technically it wasn't "sold" to us. it was given as a "gift" for allowing MS to monitor our computer usage for a while. frankly, i think we'd be able to sell it as it wasn't sold to us in the first place. but i'm prolly wrong....

since its an OEM license (not exactly sure on that though...could be Retail keys but "Not for Resale" like the PowerTogether Vista licenses were), you'd need to include some hardware with the sale.

The discs are clearly marked with Not For Resale on them, so at the very least you won't be able to sell them on here. They are retail licenses; the little paper MS sends you states it pretty clearly. Regardless, they are "gifts" so appreciate it for what it is and don't look a gift horse in the mouth, as cliche as that sounds.

Some people have already tried throwing up FS threads with Vista Ultimate and now Office Ultimate, but I would advise against it. Don't give all the new mods a reason to exercise their powers... ;)

On a side note, the buddy I referred the thing too way back when got his copy yesterday, so MS is holding up their side of the deal. I imagining they're shipping thousands of free copies of software.

It should be just like the retail version of Ultimate....2 disks, one 32 bit and one 64 bit...the same key works for both, but not at the same time...it's an either/or situation. You can dream, but that is the way it is. ;)

For those that got their copies, are the rumors true, 2 keys for each version?

It should be just like the retail version of Ultimate....2 disks, one 32 bit and one 64 bit...the same key works for both, but not at the same time...it's an either/or situation. You can dream, but that is the way it is. ;)

Exactly, it's the retail package just without the.... err... 'retail package'. Meaning it's missing the neato clear hard plastic case. Makes it cheaper for MS to mail that way. :)

The discs are clearly marked with Not For Resale on them, so at the very least you won't be able to sell them on here. They are retail licenses; the little paper MS sends you states it pretty clearly. Regardless, they are "gifts" so appreciate it for what it is and don't look a gift horse in the mouth, as cliche as that sounds.

Some people have already tried throwing up FS threads with Vista Ultimate and now Office Ultimate, but I would advise against it. Don't give all the new mods a reason to exercise their powers... ;)

On a side note, the buddy I referred the thing too way back when got his copy yesterday, so MS is holding up their side of the deal. I imagining they're shipping thousands of free copies of software.

i figured some would try to sell here. lol obviously its against the rules.

i think its pretty awesome of them to have programs like this tho. good for MS. they're not always the dicks we think they are ;)

It is covered by rule #7 of the FS/T forum rules:

(7) No PIRATED software sales or trades. No sales/trades of ACADEMIC or NFR (Not for Resale) software. OEM software must be sold/traded with hardware or in accordance with the terms the OEM software TOS. The sale/trade of game 'characters', game accounts, Beta accounts or any other issues covered under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is not allowed. Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. Do not post FS/T deals that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) including current production engineering samples.

and also via the sticky at the top of the FS/T forums

i figured some would try to sell here. lol obviously its against the rules.

i think its pretty awesome of them to have programs like this tho. good for MS. they're not always the dicks we think they are ;)

Microsoft is essentially Bill Gates and he is by no means a dick. See below:

"Bill Gates Philanthropy
Being the richest man in the world has also enabled Gates to create one of the world's largest charitable foundations. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has an endowment of more than $28 billion, with donations totaling more than $1 billion every year. The foundation was formed in 2000 after merging the "Gates Learning Foundation" and "William H. Gates Foundation". Their aim is to "bring innovations in health and learning to the global community".

Bill Gates continues to play a very active role in the workings of the Microsoft Company, but has handed the position of CEO over to Steve Ballmer. Gates now holds the positions of "Chairman" and "Chief Software Architect". He has started that he plans to take on fewer responsibilities at Microsoft and will eventually devote all his time to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

In 2006, the second richest man in the world, Warren Buffett pledged to give much of his vast fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. "

Taken from: http://www.woopidoo.com/biography/bill-gates.htm

Microsoft is essentially Bill Gates and he is by no means a dick. See below:

"Bill Gates Philanthropy
Being the richest man in the world has also enabled Gates to create one of the world's largest charitable foundations. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has an endowment of more than $28 billion, with donations totaling more than $1 billion every year. The foundation was formed in 2000 after merging the "Gates Learning Foundation" and "William H. Gates Foundation". Their aim is to "bring innovations in health and learning to the global community".

Bill Gates continues to play a very active role in the workings of the Microsoft Company, but has handed the position of CEO over to Steve Ballmer. Gates now holds the positions of "Chairman" and "Chief Software Architect". He has started that he plans to take on fewer responsibilities at Microsoft and will eventually devote all his time to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

In 2006, the second richest man in the world, Warren Buffett pledged to give much of his vast fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. "

Taken from: http://www.woopidoo.com/biography/bill-gates.htm

things are run more by ballmer now and we all know how he is. :p i'm just saying, the "evil empire" thing doesn't always apply when they have deals like this. free stuff is always good especially when some of the people here signed up for the program, used their comp one day out of the 3 months and still got the software lol.

Unless you have received your copy, and are speaking from experience, im still going to hold out to see for myself. I could have sworn a guy over at slickdeals posted that he got two different keys with his.

Im not much of a realist :D

EDIT:

Ok, here is what the guy said:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showth...p=10664112&highlight=two+cd+keys#post10664112

Looks like it came with two, but from what I gather, it says only one can be installed?

I'd like to take a moment and personally thank OP ( techie81 ) for bringing us all this most excellent opportunity. :D
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1251141
Thank you.

I'm curious... does anyone know,
If you install/activate one version, could you later switch? Or will registering one version "de-activate" the other?

Getting anxious now. The only version I've used ( still currently playing with ) is the RC. :p RTM was just too expensive. Now, I can't wait to play with my fully-licensed Ultimate... with SP1 available, even. Woohoo!

I'd like to take a moment and personally thank OP ( techie81 ) for bringing us all this most excellent opportunity. :D
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1251141
Thank you.

I'm curious... does anyone know,
If you install/activate one version, could you later switch? Or will registering one version "de-activate" the other?

With Windows Vista you are free to switch between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions at your whim using your license key.

hmm, may2 is coming up pretty fast, and i have yet to receive teh vista, apparently it was sent out after office2k7. however, i am wondering this: if i get mah vistas before friday (like today) but e-mail them that i didn't get it anyway, would they send moar? i'm not actually going to do this, but it is an interesting scenario.

and anywayz, what do they expect to happen if htey didn't ship vista out on time, and nobody gets it before the 2nd? are they going to send out a ton of extra copies or something? does M$ really have this many extra copies of vista laying around to do this?

hmm, may2 is coming up pretty fast, and i have yet to receive teh vista, apparently it was sent out after office2k7. however, i am wondering this: if i get mah vistas before friday (like today) but e-mail them that i didn't get it anyway, would they send moar? i'm not actually going to do this, but it is an interesting scenario.

The license key for the original copy of Vista that was 'lost in the mail' would be invalidated and a new key issued and re-mailed to you along with a new set of DVDs. The original key would no longer function.

and anywayz, what do they expect to happen if htey didn't ship vista out on time, and nobody gets it before the 2nd? are they going to send out a ton of extra copies or something? does M$ really have this many extra copies of vista laying around to do this?
Why would they send extra copies because they sent it out late?

Back